Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
As someone who has never played a Paper Mario game, should I give Origami King a try? Just trying to check out some different games and the $27 price tag doesn’t hurt either, lol.
As someone who had never played a Paper Mario game before Origami King, I enjoyed it. The story and characters were great and it looks fantastic. The novelty of the combat wore off pretty quickly though, and other than boss battles it became kind of tedious. They seem to realize that though because there is less combat in the back half of the game and they give you some tools to speed through it.
I've enjoyed most of the other Paper Mario games. This one follows suit with great writing. The battle system is annoying, though, as you don't gain experience from doing it--it's more a game of avoiding battles at all costs so as to not waste time. That said, I'd recommend it for the price!
I agree with most of this. The main negative was that the combat is pretty tedious thanks to the timer and puzzles every battle and besides coins as a reward there's little reason to fight regular enemies. Bosses vary in tedium and difficulty. Some of them have obtuse puzzles. Like the ice puzzle where you can't walk over the frost spaces and others work as obstructions and the latter can only be removed a certain way.

Paying toads coins in the amount of around 200 or so usually nets you health recovery and they move the tiles around to an extent. You can also pay coins for more time. Personally I feel like the timer is an annoyance since you need to move tiles around so you can get to the boss or activate a magic circle and sometimes it takes longer than the time they give you.

The other annoyance is bosses love to remove the summon and action command circles off the board and you need those most of the time to advance the battle or block their charged attacks.

Allow me to be the weirdo in here that really liked the Origami King battle system. The battles are really puzzles, and the main issue I've had with them is that they repeat often. Boss battles are a lot of fun, though. I feel the timer gives a sense of urgency, but I understand why people didn't like it.

Honestly, the battle system just feels like something that's going to click for people. As others are saying, most battles are relatively easy to avoid and the writing in the game is top notch.

Allow me to be the weirdo in here that really liked the Origami King battle system. The battles are really puzzles, and the main issue I've had with them is that they repeat often. Boss battles are a lot of fun, though. I feel the timer gives a sense of urgency, but I understand why people didn't like it.

Honestly, the battle system just feels like something that's going to click for people. As others are saying, most battles are relatively easy to avoid and the writing in the game is top notch.
Oh don't get me wrong, I actually thought the battle system was really cool and enjoyed it, but with no incentive to play it, I avoided it at all costs

Does anyone know how long Walmart does the phyiscal in store new release price of $49.97 at launch? One of my sons wants Mario Party Superstars for Christmas and I'm guessing that will be the lowest price I can find if I drive over to a walmart and can find it.

Does anyone know how long Walmart does the phyiscal in store new release price of $49.97 at launch? One of my sons wants Mario Party Superstars for Christmas and I'm guessing that will be the lowest price I can find if I drive over to a walmart and can find it.
The $49 price is their everyday low price. I haven’t seen any games go up to $60.

Still no eShop sale. There's not even a Steam sale yet either. What gives?
They be like

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to BelgianFalafel, Querjek, shadowysea07, and realbigexplosion for the input on Paper Mario. Decided to go ahead a grab a new copy at GS. Really sounds like my kind of game even with the battle system being what it is. I’ll do my best to choose which ones are worth the effort.

https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals/

Cyber Deals seem to be live. Ends 12/1 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT.

Nintendo games that are 30% off:

• Astral Chain
  • Bravely Default II
  • Daemon X Machina
  • Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition
  • Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
  • Kirby Star Allies
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna: The Golden Country
40% off

• 1-2-Switch
50% off

• Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido

Last edited by a moderator:
Mighty Switch Force Collection $10.  WooHoo!  Been eyeballing this.  Already own the ds versions, but this has more and it's been awhile since I've played it.  Really fun game.

Just wow at the Nintendo 1st party eshop prices........ Some very nice prices on 3rd party games

Glad I scored on all eight titles digitally from Game Stop at $27 then two more for $25 each from Target (Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Party).

YMMV for target deal with link below as will need to get a Target chat going and nice rep as second game will not come up free with physical or ditigal. I asked for digital for both and she did price adjustments after I placed the order for the free game and to match price of physical copy. Make sure to send the link to target page to Target rep you are chatting with.

https://www.target.com/pl/421339495?afid=Slickdeals_LLC&clkid=416fbeb4N630511eaab4e42010a246e0f&lnm=360518&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002&facetedValue=54jft&Nao=0

Credit to KUNGFUTREE on slickdeals as he posted the link which was able to let me get the deal.

I got 2 copies of Monster Hunter Rise at $25 each from Target by price matching, so now my son and I can play it together on Switch :)

Just wow at the Nintendo 1st party eshop prices........ Some very nice prices on 3rd party games

Glad I scored on all eight titles digitally from Game Stop at $27 then two more for $25 each from Target (Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Party).

YMMV for target deal with link below as will need to get a Target chat going and nice rep as second game will not come up free. I asked for digital for both and she did price adjustments after I placed the order for the free game and to match price of physical copy.

https://www.target.com/pl/421339495?afid=Slickdeals_LLC&clkid=416fbeb4N630511eaab4e42010a246e0f&lnm=360518&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002&facetedValue=54jft&Nao=0

Credit to KUNGFUTREE on slickdeals as he posted the link which was able to let me get the deal.
This is dead, right? Convincing chat support to give you the physical price on a digital copy?

This is dead, right? Convincing chat support to give you the physical price on a digital copy?
It is a YMMV deal as depends on the rep you get. Even if you get the free game and not the price match it is still $30 a game versus $25. For digital that is still a nice price.

How long they gonna make me wait to get Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Captain Toad on sale digitally? They're old games and it's been a year or more since they've been on sale 😐

I don’t get it. Those games are not available for $30 or free at target or anywhere else.
You are correct as they are not on sale anywhere else for $25 or $30 but if you click the link I put in the post it is a mistake on Target for B1G1 and lists those two games.

Make sure the rep sees that link so they see theB1G1 and you let them know that the second game is not showing up for free in your cart. They should reply that will make the adjustment for you after you place the order.

How long they gonna make me wait to get Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Captain Toad on sale digitally? They're old games and it's been a year or more since they've been on sale
You and I have a better shot of Game Stop putting those titles on sale for $27 digitally long before Nintendo does :shock:

YMMV for target deal with link below as will need to get a Target chat going and nice rep as second game will not come up free with physical or ditigal. I asked for digital for both and she did price adjustments after I placed the order for the free game and to match price of physical copy. Make sure to send the link to target page to Target rep you are chatting with.

Sorry what exactly is the deal? I need both those games.

Sorry what exactly is the deal? I need both those games.
I think it's basically hitting up target cs chat until they agree to pm each at $25 to match what shows on that random link. I'm passing since I don't want mario party. But if someone want's to get rid of their odyssey code at 25, pm me.

I think it's basically hitting up target cs chat until they agree to pm each at $25 to match what shows on that random link. I'm passing since I don't want mario party. But if someone want's to get rid of their odyssey code at 25, pm me.
Bingo.

Key is to show rep that link so they would do the adjustment for you for the free game. YMMV per rep and for adjustment if you get the digital versions to bring from $60 down to $50 for the two games.

I want Mario Party, already have Oddyssey, but can't get the deal to work. Going through Target chat for it seems really sketch and a waste of time

Also, isn’t that the older, “not as good” Mario party game? I’m wanting the new one for the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back