Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I already have StS on PS4, PC, and Android. Why am I considering buying it a fourth time?
Similar situation here (pc/xb1 physical/nsw digital), but i bought it on the last sale for $12.50. Not even mad as it supported the game. Also looks great on oled. Made it to ascension 20 with silent recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Piffle: A Cat Puzzle Adventure is finally on sale again. Shameless plug because I adored this game so much! If you're a fan of brick breaker-like puzzle games this one is fantastic. The eshop page has a video of the gameplay. It's a port of a phone game, but playing it on Switch eliminates the microtransactions and gives you 250 stages. But I strongly recommend the bundle (only 61 cents more than the base game) which will bring you to 375 stages.

So does it make sense to buy Torna instead of the season pass since it’s now $2 cheaper, includes all of the contents of the season pass and so you can play Torna even without XC2? Or do you have to go through XC2 to play the digital copy of Torna?

EDIT: found the answer - you get the rest of the season pass, plus Torna is a standalone digital copy. Seems like this is thee way to go if one only has the main game.

So does it make sense to buy Torna instead of the season pass since it’s now $2 cheaper, includes all of the contents of the season pass and so you can play Torna even without XC2? Or do you have to go through XC2 to play the digital copy of Torna?
I own both physical but yeah i think torna launches standalone either way. So whatever is cheapest would be best for essentially the same thing.

Also, isn’t that the older, “not as good” Mario party game? I’m wanting the new one for the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For $25 it's pretty good. I traded in mine during the gamestop madness anticipating the new Mario party Superstars. Superstars is fun but has 0 motion control games. For $25 i'm gonna getSuper Mario Party back.

Piffle: A Cat Puzzle Adventure is finally on sale again. Shameless plug because I adored this game so much! If you're a fan of brick breaker-like puzzle games this one is fantastic. The eshop page has a video of the gameplay. It's a port of a phone game, but playing it on Switch eliminates the microtransactions and gives you 250 stages. But I strongly recommend the bundle (only 61 cents more than the base game) which will bring you to 375 stages.
It does look interesting. I was also interested in Strikey Sisters, but like I mentioned earlier I found it very difficult.

I was looking at Dragon Audit as well; anybody played it?

Yeah, SMP isn't that much worse than Superstars.
Super Mario Party was just shit on at launch because you could only play with Joycons, there was a lack of boards and there was almost no online functionality. They've since patched in online support for the whole package (though it took forever) and Superstars also suffers from a low board count (though the boards are better imo), so being free of Joycons is really its major advantage.

Steam’s autumn and spring sales are just slightly larger than usual weeklies. The winter and summer sales are the ones they hype up, though they kinda suck as well these days.
No they're not lol. Typical weekly sales have a few hundred, maybe 1k-2k games on sale. This one has over 53k and even has a badge thing like the summer and winter sales do. It's not as big as the big two but it is substantial for sure, far bigger than regular weekly sales

I personally would wait and see. But I was using a 400gb card before that I had filled up so 512gb wouldn't have been much of an upgrade for me. The idea of not having to worry about storage was worth it. If I ever fill up the 1tb then I have a problem haha.
Thanks again for advising to hold off, I was able to get the 1TB on sale. Here's the link if anybody is looking for one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HCPTMJG/ref=twister_B08KB38516?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Is 1-2-Switch worth it at $30 digital (from GameStop using credit, plus I'd get full gold coins)?

I would like to have more Wii style multiplayer games and this could be up my alley, but the reviews are brutal and maybe less applicable because they are from people who paid full price..?

Thanks

You're probably better off with games maybe like FUN! FUN! Animal Park, Sports Party, Carnival Games, Mario and Sonic Olympics, Party Arcade, Instant Sports and Instant Sports Summer Games, Go Vacation, Super Mario Party both games, and Jackbox stuff. Lots of those look like shovelware and probably are, but mini game collections are not too in anymore. Mainly heard 1-2-Switch is just bullocks and is very gimmicky and easily forgettable.

You're probably better off with games maybe like FUN! FUN! Animal Park, Sports Party, Carnival Games, Mario and Sonic Olympics, Party Arcade, Instant Sports and Instant Sports Summer Games, Go Vacation, Super Mario Party both games, and Jackbox stuff. Lots of those look like shovelware and probably are, but mini game collections are not too in anymore. Mainly heard 1 2 Switch is just bullocks and is very gimmicky and easily forgettable.
Thank you for the list. I just watched an IGN video and ...yeah, doesn't seem great. I'll work my way through your list though

Is 1-2-Switch worth it at $30 digital (from GameStop using credit, plus I'd get full gold coins)?

I would like to have more Wii style multiplayer games and this could be up my alley, but the reviews are brutal and maybe less applicable because they are from people who paid full price..?

Thanks
It’s one of the few Nintendo games I don’t have. I read a bunch of reviews and it seems terrible.

Thanks
I got it at launch and after about an hour I put it back in the box and traded in at gamestop the next day. One of the few Nintendo games I really disliked.

I got it at launch and after about an hour I put it back in the box and traded in at gamestop the next day. One of the few Nintendo games I really disliked.
Yooo tell me why I did the exact same thing lol. My girlfriend at the time was like "you're gonna trade this in aren't you" after 30 minutes of us playing and I was like YEP lol

Oh god, it thinks it’s physical. You could try a Walmart+ trial on it, but… yeah, what the hell.
Bought $10 worth of cereal that will now ship free. Not sure this works out better for them...

The digital code item in the receipt says it will be delivered by Friday Dec 3rd.

I think I bought 4x boxes of cereal and 1x headache with Walmart support.

Delivery preferences

We will leave order at your door
1 item

Monster Hunter Rise, Capcom, Nintendo Switch [Digital Download], 68836
Qty 1

I bought the max of 2 codes, used PayPal, and got the codes in about an hour-ish. Of course that earlier this morning so YMMV. The page isn’t set up right, kind of “half digital, half physical”.

Torna should also come with the DLC packs for Xeno 2 fwiw.
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28020/~/what-dlc-is-available%3F-%28xenoblade-chronicles-2%29
It's the same as the $30 expansion pass (so you're not saving much really) EXCEPT Torna can be played without the Xeno 2 cart or download being present. If you buy the $30 expansion pass, Torna is purely DLC within Xeno 2 instead of a separate title.
Edit: Xeno 2 and Torna have separate save files either way though.

I bought the max of 2 codes, used PayPal, and got the codes in about an hour-ish. Of course that earlier this morning so YMMV. The page isn’t set up right, kind of “half digital, half physical”.
My code arrived 2.5 hours after my order. $25 +300 gold coins for a digital copy of MHR that I can to share-play with my kid is a steal.

Time to remove the two pre-owned copies from my cart at GS.

For anyone who buys monster hunter rise digital from Walmart and gets hit with the shipping fee let them know and they will refund it back to you. Call 1-800 925-6278 or use Chat.

My code arrived 2.5 hours after my order. $25 +300 gold coins for a digital copy of MHR that I can to share-play with my kid is a steal.

Time to remove the two pre-owned copies from my cart at GS.
Yep, looking at my emails again my codes took about the same amount of time to arrive. [emoji1303]

How did everyone get their codes from Walmart? When i put an order in, it was immediately canceled and they knew it was a pricing error. I jumped on it as soon as the tweet was posted. Oh well, was hoping to switch from physical to digital. No biggie.

I'd be all over this if not for the fact that the physical version is $23 at GS pre-owned and part of their B2G1 which signals to me that they are clearing out the OG version for the upcoming base game & expansion version (which I'll get when it's similarly discounted).

MH Generations Ultimate hasn't been shy in regards to sales on the eShop, so I imagine Rise won't be either.

Thanks for posting about MHR, really been wanting this digitally. Agreed that it will for sure go on sale cheaper but since the expansion is a DLC it makes this purchase easier.

Since the digitally version isn’t formally on sale the price of physical copies should inflate back after the holidays making a physical copy is more valuable now than when it will go on sale sometime next year (probably right before the dlc releases). You'll be able to sell it/trade in for more now than next year and will offset any discount eshop sale may have (prob $10 difference from this price).

I'd be all over this if not for the fact that the physical version is $23 at GS pre-owned and part of their B2G1 which signals to me that they are clearing out the OG version for the upcoming base game & expansion version (which I'll get when it's similarly discounted).
Ooh, thanks for the reminder on that. There’s already a pile of DLC that I don’t doubt for a second will get packaged up with the expansion later.

No Gravity Games is giving away a game every day in December excluding weekends for a total of 18 games. You need to own a game from them - you can sign up for their newsletter on their homepage to get a free Pirates game. When the giveaway begins, you need to claim each new game daily or you won't be able claim the upcoming free games.
https://nogravitygames.com/holiday-giveaway/

No Gravity Games is giving away a game every day in December excluding weekends for a total of 18 games. You need to own a game from them - you can sign up for their newsletter on their homepage to get a free Pirates game. When the giveaway begins, you need to claim each new game daily or you won't be able claim the upcoming free games.
https://nogravitygames.com/holiday-giveaway/
Cool thank you for the heads up.

Guess I really lucked out on getting a complete preowned copy of Astral Chain for $21 after coupon.

Also managed to grab NEO for $14.99 at Walmart, but it was like a half hour long ordeal because the system cancelled my order when I went to pick it up.

Guess I really lucked out on getting a complete preowned copy of Astral Chain for $21 after coupon.

Also managed to grab NEO for $14.99 at Walmart, but it was like a half hour long ordeal because the system cancelled my order when I went to pick it up.
Uh oh, I have a curbside pickup NEO that I'll be picking up tomorrow. Did you have to get a manager involved to reinstate the order at that price?

bread's done
Back