Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Guess I really lucked out on getting a complete preowned copy of Astral Chain for $21 after coupon.

Also managed to grab NEO for $14.99 at Walmart, but it was like a half hour long ordeal because the system cancelled my order when I went to pick it up.
I bought a new copy of astral chain. I’m regretting it because it’s gonna be a used copy. I just know it.

Uh oh, I have a curbside pickup NEO that I'll be picking up tomorrow. Did you have to get a manager involved to reinstate the order at that price?
My experience is that the game is coming up as unable to be sold and it looks like other folks are having the same issue. What happens is the system sees that and automatically cancels the order when you arrive to pick it up and the employee goes to pull it.

I basically had to get into a logical argument with the store manager about how I had already purchased the item and received notifications to come pick it up, that they had a copy in his hand and that, because it’s unsellable, they might as well just sell it to me rather than send it back.

He came back with “well, it might be recalled. We don’t want to sell you a dangerous product” … I said I would take the risk, and after being polite but insistent, he had the electronics manager basically generate a new SKU and put in the $14.99 price.

The problem is, even if it rings up for sale, it will be $39.99 in their system. Or it will be unable to be sold.

So if you really want it, bring your email / text evidence and be persistent. I had to talk to roughly 6 people … it got to a point where I just was doing it to see if I could actually get them to give it to me since the line that places like Target and Walmart constantly use is “well, the system just won’t let us sell it” … which is actually bullshit because there’s always someone in the store who can override most things in the system.

Anyway, more than you wanted to know, but be prepared … then again, it’s Walmart, so everything just might work as intended tomorrow … who knows 😉

If it was actually recalled it would ring up not able to be sold period. The only time that happened with non recall items is for games before release date when someone in electronics idiotically puts the game out early. Since it's supposed to prevent breaking the street date. This obviously is not a recall if they are still letting you order them online and such so that guy was just trying to likely get it for themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was actually recalled it would ring up not able to be sold period. The only time that happened with non recall items is for games before release date when someone in electronics idiotically puts the game out early. Since it's supposed to prevent breaking the street date. This obviously is not a recall if they are still letting you order them online and such so that guy was just trying to likely get it for themselves.
Nobody is gonna up through all that shit for a game. It’s not like a super sale/ glitch on a limited item or something. Give the workers a break.

Nobody is gonna up through all that shit for a game. It’s not like a super sale/ glitch on a limited item or something. Give the workers a break.
People are going through with trying to buy it in store and the ordeal involved so obviously you are mistaken. All I am saying is that the excuse that worker gave is obviously bs and they are probably going to get one themselves if possible. Not that they orchestrated the whole thing.

Anyone try Monster Sanctuary? Thinking of picking it up for my 10yo nephew while it's on sale for $10. May get it for myself as well.

-Edit- Got it for my nephew. Realized it's on game pass so I won't buy it for myself.

I think Square Enix is really missing the boat on not putting Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory on sale on the eShop. If they dropped it to $30 I would have bought it literally just for the bonus song on Smash Bros Ultimate, and looking online I'm not the only one

Can't say I'm surprised though. "Square Enix" and "missing the boat" have pretty much become synonymous the past 10+ years

I think Square Enix is really missing the boat on not putting Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory on sale on the eShop. If they dropped it to $30 I would have bought it literally just for the bonus song on Smash Bros Ultimate, and looking online I'm not the only one

Can't say I'm surprised though. "Square Enix" and "missing the boat" have pretty much become synonymous the past 10+ years
I ended up just renting a copy from my local library. No point in buying it on Switch if it's on every console and PC (unlike Theatrhythm).

Theaterhythm was so good I wish they would have localized the dq one. I have little interest in the switch\ps4 kh one since you can't play it with touch controls like the 3ds.

it'll be interesting to see how battles in 13 sentinels run on nsw.  noticeable slowdown on ps4 at times.

Regardless, good game.  Glad to see it do well & get another release to reach more people

A few weeks ago Dollar General had $6 off their $50 Gamestop cards, and then Gamestop had ten percent off their eshop cards, making it essentially $39 for a $50 card.

I have an extra code for shiny Zamazenta in Pokémon Sword. Only one redemption per game is allowed. If you haven’t redeemed this shiny in your game and would like it, send me a DM.

Anyone have experience with Banner of the Maid? It seems like an interesting Anime-ish SRPG set during the French Revolution, but there aren't too many reviews out there.

If anyone has played them on Switch, are Guilty Gear or GG Accent Core worth it? And what about Steel Assault or Gunvolt Burst ($3.99)?
I’m no hardcore tournament-level combatant or anything, but both Guilty Gears seem to run just as well on Switch as any other platform I’ve played them on. The original Guilty Gear, in particular, is a treat, as I’d never played it before, and it’s a cool 90’s throwback to the series’ pre-HD days. Def recommend if you want to try a “simplified” take on what has become a very complex series.

Mighty Gunbolt Burst is a terrific Mega-Man-like from Inticreates, who’ve been making official Mega Man games for Capcom for 20 years now and certainly know what they’re doing. Whether it’s “your particular flavor” of Mega Man is entirely up to you, but it’s certainly a technically proficient and competent Mega Man platform shooter.

Reviews have been very good for Steel Assault, but personally, my backlog’s so overstuffed, I can wait for it to drop further.

I’m no hardcore tournament-level combatant or anything, but both Guilty Gears seem to run just as well on Switch as any other platform I’ve played them on. The original Guilty Gear, in particular, is a treat, as I’d never played it before, and it’s a cool 90’s throwback to the series’ pre-HD days. Def recommend if you want to try a “simplified” take on what has become a very complex series.

Mighty Gunbolt Burst is a terrific Mega-Man-like from Inticreates, who’ve been making official Mega Man games for Capcom for 20 years now and certainly know what they’re doing. Whether it’s “your particular flavor” of Mega Man is entirely up to you, but it’s certainly a technically proficient and competent Mega Man platform shooter.

Reviews have been very good for Steel Assault, but personally, my backlog’s so overstuffed, I can wait for it to drop further.
Cool, I'll wait til they're back on sale to scoop them. Gives me time to go thru the backlog. Thank ya much.

Thanks to those who recommended Inside, completely skipped this one and surprised to it was regarded as being even better than Limbo which I enjoyed. Looking forward to the playthrough. 

Is that the one with the spider? Or is that Limbo?
havent played either but im pretty sure Limbo has the spider

with the sale ending, i picked up the Castlevania Anniversary Collection. im thinking of picking up Mr. Driller, Tetris Effect Connected, and Grandia HD Collection.

No Gravity Games is giving away a game every day in December excluding weekends for a total of 18 games. You need to own a game from them - you can sign up for their newsletter on their homepage to get a free Pirates game. When the giveaway begins, you need to claim each new game daily or you won't be able claim the upcoming free games.
https://nogravitygames.com/holiday-giveaway/
The first game in this giveaway should be free now:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/creepy-tale-switch/

Anyone got a recommendation for a cheap game from No Gravity Games to get started? You have to own one of their games to qualify for the free stuff... and somehow I don't already own one.
They initially gave away 500,000 copies of one of their games to get you started. Go to that link and sign up for their newsletter and see if they still have any keys left over.

They gave away their Pirates game for free when they made the announcement. I'm not sure if you can get in on the deal at all now, because you had to sign up for their newsletter beforehand.

Anyone got a recommendation for a cheap game from No Gravity Games to get started? You have to own one of their games to qualify for the free stuff... and somehow I don't already own one.
I signed up for their newsletter about 20 minutes ago and got the pirates code, so looks like it's still running.

If anyone is interested in Golf Club Wasteland it's on sale again for $7.50, but if you go to the eshop page it's even cheaper $4.99.

I don't know what's triggering the lower price. Last time it was for owning a Qubic Games title.

I've been playing Golf Club Wasteland on PS5 for the past week and it's a fun 2D golf game. All of the rich people moving to Mars before the everybody on Earth dies due to the climate change apocalypse with some paying to fly back to the Earth to play golf on a special course with a lot of flooding, damaged buildings, etc. as the backdrop. While you're playing, there's a radio station playing "classic" Earth songs and a DJ talking about what life is like now, among other things. You just use the stick to set aim and power of the shot and try to get it in the hole safely. They give you an option early on about whether you want to continue in story mode where they don't count shots or move to the regular mode where you're given a par amount of shots to get the ball in the hole or else it blows up to force you to restart the hole. There are diary texts to collect with each hole if you can get a low enough score with some extra lore from the main character.

Thanks to everyone who posted about the No Gravity Games newsletter... I had completely missed that.  I signed up and got my code within a few minutes, so now I can start getting the rest of the free games!

The first game in this giveaway should be free now:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/creepy-tale-switch/
Are any of these No Gravity Games going to be decent enough for occasional time wasters or are they so bad that you will just be annoyed to have them cluttering your library?

I'm brand new to switch this month and have zero digital games as I've been buying mostly physical so far. I did the newsletter sign up for the pirates game and claimed the first game for now. Just want to make sure they might be worth the tiny effort to claim the freebies.

I'm interested in that golf game, but it's not coming up as $4.99 for me. I tried the web page and on my Switch.
Do you own anything from QubicGames?

Most of us do because they've given away a lot of free games through the years.

If not, try downloading the free DLC for puzzle book. it's called Puzzle Book: Adventure Pack

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/puzzle-book-switch/

See if that will trigger the discount.

No clue if it will work, I just know when it launched Qubic advertised that you could get 40% off if you owned some of their games.
https://twitter.com/QubicGames/status/1433459705452503043?s=20

But I don't know their affiliation? They're not listed as the developer or the publisher :whistle2:k

bread's done
Back