Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Yeah, the 3ds e shop won't let me purchase anything if my sd card doesn't have room. I was able to get SMT 4, but if i want anything else, i need to buy a micro sd card

I really wasn't expecting to buy any 3DS games this year, but some of these RPGs are too cheap to pass up.

Are there any eShop credit deals still going on?

Yeah, the 3ds e shop won't let me purchase anything if my sd card doesn't have room. I was able to get SMT 4, but if i want anything else, i need to buy a micro sd card
It might be time consuming but what if you deleted each downloaded game from the storage before downloading the next? Then when you have a bigger micro sd card download everything again?

Last edited by a moderator:
It might be time consuming but what if you deleted each downloaded game from the storage before downloading the next? Then when you have a bigger micro sd card download everything again?
I could try that. However, i just found an sd card on Amazon that will be delivered tomorrow, so i should be good lol

Man, the entire Ace Attorney franchise is on sale EXCEPT the Professor Layton crossover. About as much chance of a deal on that as the original Bravely Default.

$65 invested over a few years is going to be worth much more than what you can get holding onto a physical copy.
Unless you're very good at reading the market, no. There are only a handful of occurrences of a price skyrocketing like it did earlier this year with the shorting on Gamestop and the popularity of memecoins. People think they're investment savvy just because they bought Gamestop stock and crypto after the internet told them to.

$65 is chump change in investment terms, and the process is not a guaranteed net profit in any medium.

Man, the entire Ace Attorney franchise is on sale EXCEPT the Professor Layton crossover. About as much chance of a deal on that as the original Bravely Default.
Yup, unfortunately that one got published by Nintendo, so there’s close to zero chance of that ever getting discounted again. I think the few times it did get a discount was via My Nintendo coupons.

its a bitch to find physical too
local store has a copy for $100 that hasnt sold in months
can find every other layton game besides azran legacy for next to nothing

You can always buy eshop cards and add to your credit. I have never bought from the eshop with a credit card. I usually fill up holiday time when they have sales on eshop cards (credit is shared between the different eshops as long as you linked your accounts). I just bought some of the 20% off eshop cards from Costco.
You can also link your 3DS and Switch balances and add to it using credit cards on the Switch. Unless I missed something, all this means is that you can no longer use credit cards directly on the 3DS.

Have to say that is a nice sale on 3ds third party games, especially the Atlus titles. Wish Nintendo did 1st party games as a last hurrah for the 3ds. 

Went nuts with with digital 1st party titles on Switch over the past two months when GameStop had eight tiles on sale for $26.99, then got Target to price match digital titles with various nice reps on chat of Mario Kart for $35, Mario Odyssey $25, Mario Party $25, Link’s Awakening $34, Skyward Sword $34, Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity $34. Grabbed Monster Hunter Rise from Walmart for $25 and then finally grabbing from Nintendo sales themselves, Mario Rabbids $10,  Xenoblade, Xenoblade 2, and Xenoblade 2 Torna. Was a nice having 300 gold coins adding up from the other digital games to bring Xenoblade titles prices down even more. Hoping to keep getting lucky with Target price matching the digital version when there is great price on Nintendo 1st party physical games.

So far grabbed Fast RMX and Blossom Tales from new sales. any other must haves that I should look at a great price?

Thought persona q2 was severely bugged ? Sold my copy for $75 last year this time. In fact sold all my ds/3ds games at the same time n they all appear to be around the same price today

Seeing a bunch of somewhat notable $2 games this time around on the Switch side. These ones jump out at me:

Anodyne
Florence
Limbo
Overcooked
Oxenfree
Sine Mora
Stories Untold

Thought persona q2 was severely bugged ? Sold my copy for $75 last year this time. In fact sold all my ds/3ds games at the same time n they all appear to be around the same price today
Q1 is severely bugged. Most copies don't work at all and many others stop working at Random. Which is why atlus issued a recall and replaced copies with digital. Because of that I didn't trust q2 and didn't buy it physically.

Unless you're very good at reading the market, no. There are only a handful of occurrences of a price skyrocketing like it did earlier this year with the shorting on Gamestop and the popularity of memecoins. People think they're investment savvy just because they bought Gamestop stock and crypto after the internet told them to.

$65 is chump change in investment terms, and the process is not a guaranteed net profit in any medium.
LEGO 😜

Thoughts on Etrian Odyssey Nexus and SMT Strange journey redux? These are all tempting prices.
Haven't played Nexus but I highly recommend strange journey redux. As someone who never played a SMT game and was never fond of drpgs I was surprised at how much I loved it. Various quality of life improvements were implemented to modernize it and make it more approachable for newcomers like me. Loved the morally grey characters, narrative with a continuous atmosphere of mystery and dread, and all the epic militaristic sounding music with ominous Latin chanting. Also, the gameplay loop of acquiring new demons, fusing them, and receiving new applications and weapons to help with exploration never got old. The only real negatives I can say is that the graphics are merely adequate and some of the later dungeons should of had the number of traps/gimmicks reduced.

So I love RPGs. I'm thinking about snagging the following games for my Switch while they're on sale.

* The Alliance Alive HD

* Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen

* Langrisser 1 & 2

Any firsthand reviews so I know to avoid any of those?

Not firsthand, but I've heard the Langrisser 3DS games are not very good. I was a little concerned that the company would take the poor reception to mean that there was no interest in the series.

What are the best 3DS eShop games to pickup for someone who loves all genres esp RPGs?
Well out of the stuff on sale smt4 is serviceable. I haven't played most of the other games besides Stella Glow which I don't really recommend due to the shitty turn order system, character movement is really low, certain battles toward the end requires you to use all the characters when they limit you to 4-5 units most of the game. And requiring the game to be played twice to get the true ending and recruit some characters.

Well out of the stuff on sale smt4 is serviceable. I haven't played most of the other games besides Stella Glow which I don't really recommend due to the shitty turn order system, character movement is really low, certain battles toward the end requires you to use all the characters when they limit you to 4-5 units most of the game. And requiring the game to be played twice to get the true ending and recruit some characters.
Gotcha. Was gonna check out some Acw Attorneys, too.

Also, what's the deal with the Persona Q carts not working (but digital being okay)? Just curious since I hadn't heard about it (of course wasn't really looking into it in the past).

So I love RPGs. I'm thinking about snagging the following games for my Switch while they're on sale.

* The Alliance Alive HD

* Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen

* Langrisser 1 & 2

Any firsthand reviews so I know to avoid any of those?
Dragon's Dogma is a great game and the switch port is fantastic, go for it

Also, what's the deal with the Persona Q carts not working (but digital being okay)? Just curious since I hadn't heard about it (of course wasn't really looking into it in the past).
Seems like they got a bad batch of large-capacity cartridges that have been dying off in the years since. It’s also been happening to the European versions of a couple of Pokemon games, IIRC.

At least in this case, it was back when Atlus was less diligent about keeping their physical releases in print, so the bad carts we got are probably all there is.

At least the cart dying didn’t kill your save file, thankfully.

dunno if its a good place to ask but the first one here is 100% dual ips right? same settings

IMG_20211224_165416__01.jpg

Most of Limited Run’s digital catalog got discounts today, including lowest prices yet on House on Fata Morgana and Save Me Mr. Tako, $3 Night Trap and Double Switch and $2 Cthulhu Saves Christmas.

bread's done
Back