Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Wish they'd discount the Famicom Detective Club games for once. Even a 30% price drop would get me to buy them
Yeah, definitely want to try out the games, but not at the current prices. Though I would gladly pay the current prices if they were physical copies.

If anyone has Gamestop PUR account I was able to purchase online for Switch the digital version of Shinsekai Into the Depths and use my $5 PUR rewards for the month. So it was $5.98 with tax. I've always wanted a copy but its never been below $10. I was surprised it allowed me to use my monthly coupon.

Untitled Goose Game finally dropped to $9.99 so I bought it. Gamestop paid for everything with my last 2 monthly Pro $5 rewards (gift cards).

If anyone has Gamestop PUR account I was able to purchase online for Switch the digital version of Shinsekai Into the Depths and use my $5 PUR rewards for the month. So it was $5.98 with tax. I've always wanted a copy but its never been below $10. I was surprised it allowed me to use my monthly coupon.
It didn't work previously; that seems to have started last month. Also, they "allow" the $5 monthly coupon to be used twice if you use it in-store first. Buy something in-store but remember to write down the letters and numbers from under the barcode, then type that in the coupon field to use it online later.

Last edited by a moderator:
It didn't work previously; that seems to have started last month. Also, they "allow" the $5 monthly coupon to be used twice if you use it in-store first. Buy something in-store but remember to write down the letters and numbers from under the barcode, then type that in the coupon field to use it online later.
Does this also work for the rewards we get from points? Or just the monthly $5?

Thinking about using my PUR $5 online to buy KotOR for Switch since my hubby is a big Star Wars fan. Anyone have first-hand experience how it runs on the Switch? I saw it's on sale for $12 on the eShop but I need something to use the coupon on.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/products/bloodstained-curse-of-the-moon---nintendo-switch/10164400.html I thought about using my $5 PUR coupon on this but the description says it's the mini-game that was put out as the stretch goal for the Kickstarter campaign. Is this the same as the one that was on the 3DS? Because I already have that one. I was interested because I remember the Kickstarter and how it was received much better than Mighty No. 9 around the same time and with the same hype of "it's by a legendary creator, spiritual successor to Castlevania" and all that.

Seems to be a New Year's Sale going on, though Nintendo doesn't even highlight their own games:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals/

Nintendo's games on sale:

Arms

Boxboy! + Boxgirl!

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, DLC, & Bundle

Clubhouse Games

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Dragon Quest Builders & DQB2

Fitness Boxing & FB2

Go Vacation

Kirby Fighters 2

Mario Tennis Aces

Super Mario Maker 2

At least Shin Megami Tensei V is $42 with its Digital Deluxe Edition being just under $60.

Seems to be a New Year's Sale going on, though Nintendo doesn't even highlight their own games:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals/

Nintendo's games on sale:

Arms

Boxboy! + Boxgirl!

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, DLC, & Bundle

Clubhouse Games

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Dragon Quest Builders & DQB2

Fitness Boxing & FB2

Go Vacation

Kirby Fighters 2

Mario Tennis Aces

Super Mario Maker 2

At least Shin Megami Tensei V is $42 with its Digital Deluxe Edition being just under $60.
Picked up Kirby Fighters 2 since we have a snow day.

I’m also looking at The Last Campfire, but some reviews say it’s buggy. Was that patched?

It's really a shame that Clubhouse games never got an update to allow more people to play at once. Only a few games allow three or four players and that's sad.

My haul from this sale so far:

Deep Sky Derelicts Definitive Edition $8.49

CrossCode $11.99

Sea Salt $2.99

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark $10.19

Ara Fell: Enhanced Edition $5.09

Clubhouse Games $27.99

Ara Fell: Enhanced Edition $5.09
I'm curious about this one. I've been considering getting the pc version as it's starting to appear in bundles. Does it play well on nsw handheld or is one of the games that's just better on pc?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious about this one. I've been considering getting the pc version as it's starting to appear in bundles. Does it play well on nsw handheld or is one of the games that's just better on pc?
I thought it ran just fine. Charming, traditional JRPG.

I haven't tried it yet but I have not heard of any big issues from reviews. It shouldn't be a resource-demanding game for the Switch if I had to guess though

Today, I was able to use my GameStop Pro Rewards member $5 off coupon today to buy a $5 Switch eShop code at the register.  The manager was the only one on duty, and he gave me crap about it, but it went through, so don't let them tell you any different.

I immediately bought Cel Damage HD ($1.99) and Sea Salt ($2.99) since they're still on sale, and I have enough coins left over to buy another $1.99 with my remaining account balance.

But I'll be damned if I set foot in another GameStop store for the rest of the month, and Reddit has already reported that GameStop corporate is trying to discontinue the $5 coupon for gaming currency purchases starting in February after they backpedaled it for January.  

And, yes, I know this isn't the GameStop thread.  ;)

Today, I was able to use my GameStop Pro Rewards member $5 off coupon today to buy a $5 Switch eShop code at the register. The manager was the only one on duty, and he gave me crap about it, but it went through, so don't let them tell you any different.

I immediately bought Cel Damage HD ($1.99) and Sea Salt ($2.99) since they're still on sale, and I have enough coins left over to buy another $1.99 with my remaining account balance.

But I'll be damned if I set foot in another GameStop store for the rest of the month, and Reddit has already reported that GameStop corporate is trying to discontinue the $5 coupon for gaming currency purchases starting in February after they backpedaled it for January.

And, yes, I know this isn't the GameStop thread. ;)
Ugh, that sucks. The end of an era I suppose. [emoji22] That $5 is pretty useless otherwise. Though, they’ve been having some pretty great deals on physical Switch games so maybe it’ll work on those. [emoji1696]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today, I was able to use my GameStop Pro Rewards member $5 off coupon today to buy a $5 Switch eShop code at the register. The manager was the only one on duty, and he gave me crap about it, but it went through, so don't let them tell you any different.

And, yes, I know this isn't the GameStop thread. ;)
I use my $5 every month for an eShop card with no issues. Been doing it for a year and a half or so.

I use my $5 every month for an eShop card with no issues. Been doing it for a year and a half or so.
It’s supposedly a change they’re making this year, the $5 reward no longer works on any gaming currency. I was just in there today and got [emoji239] blocked by the staff guy. The system might technically still allow it but the staff isn’t supposed to do it, according to what he told me. Got a cheap shirt for my nephew instead. [emoji2371]

It’s supposedly a change they’re making this year, the $5 reward no longer works on any gaming currency. I was just in there today and got [emoji239] blocked by the staff guy. The system might technically still allow it but the staff isn’t supposed to do it, according to what he told me. Got a cheap shirt for my nephew instead. [emoji2371]

There was actually a revised directive from corporate saying that they can do it on digital currency again but it will be reviewed in the future. I'm guessing it will be phased out soon but it should be allowed for the time being.

There was actually a revised directive from corporate saying that they can do it on digital currency again but it will be reviewed in the future. I'm guessing it will be phased out soon but it should be allowed for the time being.
Huh, my guy must not have got that memo. Eh well, still walked out with a free shirt. [emoji1303]

Think I might pick up CrossCode from the current sale. I played it a little bit in Gamepass when it was on Xbox Gamepass, but think it might be more fun handheld.

Think I might pick up CrossCode from the current sale. I played it a little bit in Gamepass when it was on Xbox Gamepass, but think it might be more fun handheld.
x2

My thinking is that anything that looks 2d or retro should be purchased on the Switch due to the portability aspect. Save the more intensive games for the PS5/SeriesX

I feel like I remember hearing there were performance issues with CrossCode on Switch, at least initially. Seems weird because while it played perfectly on a Series X, it didn't look taxing at all. Not sure if that's still the case.

I also can't give it a great review, and that's what most of the Xbox thread peeps thought about it as well when it was leaving GamePass. Never finished it because it is stupid lengthy. Dungeons feel endless. I was halfway through the second dungeon and felt like I had been playing the game forever already and got burnt out. Gave up and don't know if I'll ever be motivated enough to purchase it to continue.

Don't get me wrong, it's got a great art style, a neat concept, nice music, and solid gameplay. It just has some miserable pacing.

100% agree about CrossCode. I REALLY wanted to love it, but I just had the hardest time pushing through. Got about 4 hours in and was finished. Damn shame, really. However I can see why some folks would love it.

I know this is the "wrong place", but I thought I'd mention it...

I was wandering through the local Sam's Club today and they had the Lego Mario set (starter + 1 small expansion bundle) on clearance for $27.  If anyone wanted one, it might be worth checking on.

bread's done
Back