Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
If I hadn't let my Switch Online subscription end... I'd probably grab a set of them ... even though I have a pair of their SNES controllers.
That's my reason for not buying them. The SNES ones work just fine for NES games and also have the ability to charge via USB-C, the NES ones only can charge like Joycons do.

Finally got a White OLED model... and the left Joycon shifts up and down a good chunk on the rails when 'locked.'

I checked Reddit and for some random reason this is impacting only the white models (which makes no sense as the switch itself should be the same) but it seems the rails are having some QC and they have way more vertical shift than the old models. Anyone else have this issue? I am kinda annoyed that this brand new console has such a weird hiccup... especially when this one is geared towards mobile play.

I’ve had every variation of the switch n that was a issue for me with each of them…I accidentally dropped my OLED n I noticed it shifts up n down when I grab it by the left Joycon as well, but it probably did it before I dropped it but idk…I don’t have the white one

Finally got a White OLED model... and the left Joycon shifts up and down a good chunk on the rails when 'locked.'

I checked Reddit and for some random reason this is impacting only the white models (which makes no sense as the switch itself should be the same) but it seems the rails are having some QC and they have way more vertical shift than the old models. Anyone else have this issue? I am kinda annoyed that this brand new console has such a weird hiccup... especially when this one is geared towards mobile play.
Mine wiggles the tiniest bit but doesn't shift up and down.

Does anyone have the older Insignia Switch dock from Best Buy? It worked great for the V2 Switch, but the OLED seems stuck on 480p when docked.
I have an a different 3rd-party dock which is also limited to low resolution on my white oled. I figured it was intentional incompatibility added by nintendo with the new consoles.

I just dropped a bunch on the Atlus sale two weeks ago. I looked at the Bandai Namco sale and I will need a lot of willpower this weekend to not be all "shut up and take my money."

It’s supposedly a change they’re making this year, the $5 reward no longer works on any gaming currency. I was just in there today and got [emoji239] blocked by the staff guy. The system might technically still allow it but the staff isn’t supposed to do it, according to what he told me. Got a cheap shirt for my nephew instead. [emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man, that is a shame.

I just used my monthly $5 on another eShop card, like I've been doing forever. That's all I go into my local Gamestop for. I'll keep going to this same one, hoping they never get the update.

Man, that is a shame.

I just used my monthly $5 on another eShop card, like I've been doing forever. That's all I go into my local Gamestop for. I'll keep going to this same one, hoping they never get the update.
They've changed the rules a lot. Digital currency has been allowed since day one. You used to not be able to use the coupon online, but since covid started now you can. You couldn't use it on anything that was discounted, so if shirts were on sale for $10 your coupon just wouldn't apply. That seems to have been relaxed a bit. You also couldn't use it for digital download codes but right now that's squeaking by :whistle2:$

There's a lot of backlash over the game currency thing because they sold the memberships on the premise that you could just buy digital currency and minecraft whatevers for your kids. It was part of the speech they gave to get people to sign up. For them to take away that option would force the cashiers to face the brunt of the blowback. Not cool Gamestop.

Weird to see the Pro Controller back at $70 everywhere. Guess Nintendo had to make up for the $50 holiday sale.
I saw something not too long ago about Burlington having them for way below retail, and I've seen them in person. I think it was Animal Crossing and Zelda versions. I have a Switch Lite so I never saw the need to get one myself.

I think I'm going to skip. As much as I wanted KH on the Switch, I wanted it for portability purposes. Cloud versions are not portable, and I don't really 'own' them, if the servers ever shut down or anything.

While great the games finally received a port for me they are useless being the cloud version. If I am going to sacrifice playing via the cloud I'd much rather play on my Xbox or PS5 with better visuals and load times. Not to mention the pricing is absolutely wild for games first released years ago. An easy pass for me. 

I would buy these if they were offline but I'm not dealing with cloud versions. I understand the third one but there's no reason the first two couldn't be native ports, other than laziness. Even The Witcher 3 got a decent Switch port ffs

Square Enix board members after setting those prices...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

It's the same guys who expect people to pay $69.99 for a broken port of FF7 Remake. They pick numbers out of a hat for prices.

Square-Enix can GTFO with their half-assed Switch release for Kingdom Hearts. Getting Sora for Smash Bros. should have been the best way to announce a KH collection (1+2 plus spinoffs) native to the Switch.  Charge a premium price and get both of them to fit on one cartridge, it would have been a day one purchase for myself and quite a few others.  As for KH3, that could have been excised (or been Cloud based).  The fact they are too lazy and stingy to spend a few million to port the first two games to the Switch is beyond sad.

Square-Enix can GTFO with their half-assed Switch release for Kingdom Hearts. Getting Sora for Smash Bros. should have been the best way to announce a KH collection (1+2 plus spinoffs) native to the Switch. Charge a premium price and get both of them to fit on one cartridge, it would have been a day one purchase for myself and quite a few others. As for KH3, that could have been excised (or been Cloud based). The fact they are too lazy and stingy to spend a few million to port the first two games to the Switch is beyond sad.
Same company that is trying to position mediocre, lazy app-tier pixel art-swaps of Final Fantasy 1-6 as their ''definitive edition''.

It's specially painful as a fan of FF6 to see the absolute garbage new pixel art with flatter colors and less detail, producers at Square are thinking this is better than just having M2 emulate the originals.

Somehow FF6 deserves lower effort ports than Saga Frontier or Legend of Mana.

Of course these PS2 games are going to be cloud-based, Square Enix is mismanaged to hell.

For games that have been on game pass and many others they sure are dumb to price em that high.
That's Square Enix for you. At least those cloud versions are $10 cheaper than the other platforms, but they've been out long enough there to get some decent enough discounts to make them more palatable without being locked to the Cloud.

Somehow FF6 deserves lower effort ports than Saga Frontier or Legend of Mana.
This but unironically. FF6's previous versions have been good as is. LoM and especially Saga Frontier needed some extra love to bring out their full potential.

Whether Squenix actually succeeded at that is another question entirely, but it is what it is.

I would love to play Kingdom Hearts on Switch, but I'm not a fan of Cloud versions. I'm just now working through the remaining 30 or so titles in my DS/3DS library so I can retire the system. I don't like the idea of games I wait six years or more to play no longer being playable. (Online co-op or match-making doesn't interest me, so I don't mind losing that.)

Everyone blaming square but I'm sure Disney has a hand in that also.
Nah, Square is the one who is pricing their games at $70 on PC. I doubt Disney has anything to do with the distribution and sale of legacy content besides collecting checks (given they already approved of the games way back when).

Nah, Square is the one who is pricing their games at $70 on PC. I doubt Disney has anything to do with the distribution and sale of legacy content besides collecting checks (given they already approved of the games way back when).
Are those square games also old, cloud/online only playable?

I would love to play Kingdom Hearts on Switch, but I'm not a fan of Cloud versions. I'm just now working through the remaining 30 or so titles in my DS/3DS library so I can retire the system. I don't like the idea of games I wait six years or more to play no longer being playable. (Online co-op or match-making doesn't interest me, so I don't mind losing that.)
Had they released 1&2 on a cart... I'd have been down for that. My internet is more than good enough for cloud gaming, but there's no way I'm spending money on a game only to be able to stream it.

I applaud your effort to push through and finish off a system like the 3DS. It usually takes me ages to do that, but when I'm finally done... I'm done. At this point I'm pretty content to part with the rest of my GBA collection and a good chunk of DS/3DS... but there's a lot of DS/3DS games I'll keep (DQ & Layton games... and some select others) to replay or will wait to play later.

I know not everyone has a gaming PC, but the free Epic game next week is Daemon x Machina, a Switch game that has retained its high value. Epic has given away some bangers for free. Sometimes the games are supported on Geforce Now, which has a free tier, so you can play these games if your Internet connection is robust enough to support game streaming.

bread's done
Back