Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I haven’t played much so far. Is there not a box system like Swish? You could pull up the menu and see all of your caught Pokémon.
You have to run back to the camp to talk to the guy that lets you swap out Pokemon to check them. There's a side mission I have to get a 2'8" Buizel and having to run back and forth is annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to run back to the camp to talk to the guy that lets you swap out Pokemon to check them. There's a side mission I have to get a 2'8" Buizel and having to run back and forth is annoying.
You can fast travel by going to the map and selecting the camp. At least cuts out half the running. But catching them helps fill out the Pokedex page for that Pokemon so I just caught a bunch and one happened to be tall so I would just catch like 10 of them and don't bother running back and forth.

It's been a long time since a game kept me up until 4am. Arceus did it Friday night. Last night I made myself put it down at 1am and I took today off to catch up on comic books. Marathoned the entire recent Marvel Star Wars crossover, 34 issues in a sitting, then finished the Firefly comic series that ended last week. I love Legends Arceus. It has potential to be as addictive as Animal Crossing. My brother and sister also both got it. My brother's only issue is that, after BotW and Animal Crossing, the crafting is "too easy."

MLB The Show 22 on Switch!!! Shohei Ohtani on the cover!! Get ready for an amazing baseball game Switch only players.
This, this, and this!

What a time to be alive!

I am curious about Diamond Dynasty requiring internet. If they figured out a way to do solo DD stuff offline that is even more amazing but I seriously doubt it.

Sony with the love for Nintendo (by way of MLB). I will be quite interested to see how it runs on Switch. I wonder if MLB The Show 22 is going to be day one game pass like 21 was on the Xbox side. Next up, EA get Madden on Switch!

Just a reminder that today is the last day to redeem those Shiny Zacian/Zamazenta codes from GameStop and the Gigantamax Pikachu and Eevee codes from Best Buy.
I have an extra Zamazenta code if anyone wants to trade for a Zacian. ;)

Started a new Fallout 3 save on xbox.  

Honestly, I'd probably pay like $50 to get that on the switch. 

And these first party games need to come out and either be a. not good or b. drop in price lol.

Still need to pick up Dread & the other Pokemon game haha

Park Builder wasn’t included for last gen Xbox One/PS4 and was only accessible on PS5/Series X so it’s no surprise it’s not being included on Switch. Switch will get the same version as XB1/PS4 which is how 2K handles their NBA releases currently.

So not a Cloud Version but also no Park Builder. A fair trade I suppose. Glad they're supporting crossprogression.

Microsoft paid a lot more than $50 so that it will likely never come to the Switch.
They also paid a lot more than $50 for Rare, yet Banjo is in Smash Ultimate and on the Switch online app. They also put their own games on the Switch like Minecraft/Dungeons and Ori. Money talks, and MS has no problems playing nice with Nintendo

That said, Bethesda seems to enjoy pretending that their games pre-Skyrim don't exist. I'd say that's more of a reason that Fallout 3 won't end up on the Switch

Have you tried Outer Worlds on Switch? It's basically a Fallout game in all but name.
Just want to second The Outer Worlds. I've played the switch version once it dropped to $20 and well after the major patch was released and it's a great experience. I would love more games like that on the switch.

Microsoft paid a lot more than $50 so that it will likely never come to the Switch.
eh I'm sure there's a few reasons it hasn't been ported...but the Bethesda deal isn't up on top lol.

It's not like it's an enhanced version with mods like Skyrim.

I'm also sure it's a game that might hold up well on mobile.

Have you tried Outer Worlds on Switch? It's basically a Fallout game in all but name.
Played it a little bit on Gamepass. Liked it enough but never got far.

The new Yacht Club Games title is Mina the Hollower:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fx0aJCRRpE

They describe it as a next-gen Game Boy Color game in terms of the level of resolution, colors, and design that they're aiming for. If you want to learn more about it, there's the Kickstarter page:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yachtclubgames/mina-the-hollower/description

They say they're funding the majority of the game's funding themselves, but this will help them expand the game beyond what the current scope is at.

Pokémon Legends: Arceus is $49.94 at Amazon, Gamestop, and Walmart.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1488662526669713410?s=20&t=nqr-_T-EGB1-yMw-NEvHxQ

Prices are all dead now.
It could be fluctuating. Walmart.com had it that price 4 days ago, and then again today for a few hours. Of course you can get it in-store at that price too.

It seems like once Walmart drops the online price other retailers follow suit.

Nah I think they only price matched it while it was in stock at gamestop and once that stock went out the price went back up on amazon. Or at least that would be my guess. 

Nah I think they only price matched it while it was in stock at gamestop and once that stock went out the price went back up on amazon. Or at least that would be my guess.
GS still has it in stock so I doubt they ran out. I'm wondering if it was a price error given the deal lasted less than a day.

GS is just a reactionary price match,  as soon as someone else went back up they would as well.   Likely Walmart was the one and the other 2 matched, once it ended everyone corrected.

Game Builder Garage

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Mario Golf: Super Rush

Metroid Dread

New Pokemon Snap

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1488889963982766081

Yacht Club Games (Shovel Knight devs) have announced their new IP, Mina the Hollower. Appears to be a Link's Awakening spiritual successor mixed with Castlevania. Looks amazing so far. Costs $20 for the digital game reward tier on kickstarter. If Shovel Knight is any indication, that's a great price to get in at. 

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yachtclubgames/mina-the-hollower

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fx0aJCRRpE&t=106s

Mina was posted on here like 10 posts up. Personally, I buy games after they are finished. Yes they made shovel knight but with kickstarter, you are guaranteed nothing.

Unless I'm missing it I don't see any stretch goals. Are they just making the game as planned? Probably a good thing if they won't be stuck on the same game for years like with Shovel Knight

I think it's a little weird they're Kickstarting this when they had lots of commercial and financial success with Shovel Knight. They should have no trouble funding this or finding a publisher. I won't back it but I'll throw it on the Steam wishlist, since it looks great

Mina was posted on here like 10 posts up. Personally, I buy games after they are finished. Yes they made shovel knight but with kickstarter, you are guaranteed nothing.
My bad, thanks for the heads up. I'd say generally I agree with what you're saying, but it's Yacht Club games. The chances this goes belly up is very very slim. Not exactly a low effort "here look at this concept art" kickstarter, trailer gameplay is already pretty robust.

With the current state of the industry and I think it's more important than ever to support indie devs, so I personally have no issues backing their Kickstarter. I backed Shovel Knight and got so many free games out of that, giving them $20 for what will likely be a top notch polished game seems more than fair.

I see estimated release December 2023. What if Microsoft buys Yacht Club (to bolster their family friendly games and/or because Yacht Club gets too ambitious and runs out of funds) and then releases it on Game Pass or cancels the Switch release...I see that "platforms subject to change" disclaimer. I don't think people would like the idea that they donated to a behemoth like Microsoft.

Unless I'm missing it I don't see any stretch goals. Are they just making the game as planned? Probably a good thing if they won't be stuck on the same game for years like with Shovel Knight

I think it's a little weird they're Kickstarting this when they had lots of commercial and financial success with Shovel Knight. They should have no trouble funding this or finding a publisher. I won't back it but I'll throw it on the Steam wishlist, since it looks great
They're probably waiting for it to hit the goal before announcing any stretch goals they have plans. I doubt it'll be as wild as what they promised for Shovel Knight with the extra campaigns.

Having a lot of fun so far with Pokemon Arceus. Glad I gave it a try rather than brushing it off into the pile of games that, while good, aren't a top priority to play.

Cool. To me, it is more of a handheld so let’s see if it passes the DS.
both.gif

Anyone having issues with the eShop loading? I'm looking at a couple of sale games from DekuDeals, but the price/purchase button just spins and spins. I've cleared cache, but haven't tried Incognito or anything yet.

Cruisn' Blast just got a permanent discount on the eshop and it's now $19.99. It's also getting online multiplayer patched in this year. It's a wonderfully stupid, old-school fun arcade racer, more people should play it. It seems to have done fairly well at least- over 500,000 sold and physical copies seem to be out of stock everywhere. Hopefully this means we will get more Cruisn' games or a remastered compilation of the first 3 N64 games.

Cruisn' Blast just got a permanent discount on the eshop and it's now $19.99. It's also getting online multiplayer patched in this year. It's a wonderfully stupid, old-school fun arcade racer, more people should play it. It seems to have done fairly well at least- over 500,000 sold and physical copies seem to be out of stock everywhere. Hopefully this means we will get more Cruisn' games or a remastered compilation of the first 3 N64 games.
Bought cruisn a few months ago and it’s pretty much been my 5 year old’s favorite game since we got it. Great game. Would love a compilation of the originals.

I'll wait for it to hit $10 or less digital or $15-20 physical. Wal-Mart, Gamestop & Best Buy & Target in my area have it in stock.

bread's done
Back