Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
A user on gfaqs copy of persona q 1 stopped working so he tried to get the free digital version but they supposedly denied him due to the games age. So that sucks for anyone else who would need to get one.
People actually still use that dinosaur site? Wild.

Atlus doesn't get enough crap for making a faulty physical game

So with the eShops closing for 3ds and Wii U, besides digital only games, can anyone recommend DLC that is a must buy?

Fire emblem fates has two other campaigns as DLC unless you have the special edition game card.
Phoenix wright dual destinies had an extra case.
Fantasy life has dlc that adds an Island with a lot of content to explore.
Xenoblade chronicles X has free dlc that is just QOL updates that should have been tied to a version update instead.

Can’t think of any others at the moment.

I feel DLC on 3DS and WiiU was used rarely until near the end of the console lives, so it doesn't hurt as much.

Here is a link with the Nintendo produced ones, you can sort to get the 3DS/WiiU ones. Off my head I can think of Atlus games with DLC for grinding and such, such as Etrian Odyssey Nexus, SMT IV, etc.  

Last edited by a moderator:
True, but isn’t purchasing still handled through the eShop servers? Either way I would try to purchase what you want before the deadline.
Sure. I'm just pointing it out that people need to load up their games and figure out where that stuff is since it's not as easy to access as the games themselves.

Sure. I'm just pointing it out that people need to load up their games and figure out where that stuff is since it's not as easy to access as the games themselves.
Yeah I just found out some of the fire emblem games won’t let you purchase dlc until you are 4-6 chapters into the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBYHXFm7O6g

I guess Puzzle & Dragons came out for the Switch today at the normal $4.37 price:

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/puzzle-and-dragons-nintendo-switch-edition-switch/

It's just the regular Puzzle & Dragons stuff with no Mario campaign in there, so it's not a port of the 3DS game. Seems to be a bit different than the mobile version with some aspects simplified for the Switch.
There was a PAD released for Switch some time ago. Did they do another for it?

So with the eShops closing for 3ds and Wii U, besides digital only games, can anyone recommend DLC that is a must buy?

Fire emblem fates has two other campaigns as DLC unless you have the special edition game card.
Phoenix wright dual destinies had an extra case.
Fantasy life has dlc that adds an Island with a lot of content to explore.
Xenoblade chronicles X has free dlc that is just QOL updates that should have been tied to a version update instead.

Can’t think of any others at the moment.
DLC I bought over the years

Mario Golf World Tour: additional courses.

Smash Bros 3DS and Wii U: extra fighters and maps

Mario Kart 8: already found in the Switch version but has the additional courses and racers

Final Fantasy Theatrhythm: Additional songs

I probably judged Vivid Knight a bit too early. I have played it a few more times with 2 more victories. The second character is decent and has different gem units to use for the most part. She plays differently enough. The harder and more gimmicky dungeons require more strategy too. The unlocking is very, very slow and grindy, but it keeps you playing. Honestly I'm getting more and more used to the gacha mechanics, and it's fun most of the time. You play percentages and gamble a lot to hope you can get certain gems and gem units. I love how in the beginning you're just trying to get something that could work and then you could try to get certain symbol combinations that unlock abilities. Rares become more common as you move down in a dungeon too, so there is a natural progression from wimpy gem units and gems to stronger rarity ones. The autobattler mechanics can be frustrating and confusing at times, but you get used to certain symbols. Overall it's a fun roguelike mixed with gacha for variety, with not as much variety in dungeons theme wise, but still fun overall. Upgrading my review from 7/10 to probably about an 8/10.

Give a shout out when there is a eShop credit deal

There's so much I need to buy before Wii U and 3DS store closure

unless hacking them is as easy as pie

unless hacking them is as easy as pie
It is... and this is why I don't understand all the commotion about the eShop closing. If someone is gonna buy Nintendo games digitally then they obviously don't care about permanent ownership of the games lol. So why not just install cfw and run wild?

For 3DS, my 256gb micro sd card was like $30 and fits 250 retail games and 50 virtual console games/system apps, since the home menu limits it to 300. And there's like 20gb to spare

For Wii U, external hard drives are dirt cheap nowadays. Much better than spending $60 just for Xenoblade Chronicles X

According to a former employee, Nintendo has plans to fully shut down servers in the future, meaning you won’t be able to re-download digital purchases. I’m sure it’s a long way off, but something to plan for. Better stock up on some nice SD cards.

https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1495455720099172357?s=21

im only missing stuff that was already overpriced like corpse party and fire emblem combo cart

didnt feel motivated to get them before and certainly dont now

i did order yokai watch 3 new from amazon for 150 and it came as an na copy with just very slight shelf wear

Yup, saw that (appreciate it though, their shipping rates are atrocious). I'm just hoping the digital version WON'T be.

However I'm assuming it most likely will be the same price.

If it’s any indication, the Bandai Namco webshop exclusive physical cart is $60:

https://store.bandainamcoent.com/hack-g-u-last-recode/
Is that really the only place for the US physical release? Their shipping charges are ridiculous.

if so may just buy the Japanese release if it really ends up having English (don’t totally trust playasia until after it releases). With this release the title is in English so it’ll look fine on the shelf, lol.

Man Atlus is so weird. They announced Shin Megami Tensei Soul Hackers 2, with a simultaneous worldwide release and for ALL platforms including Xbox... except for the Switch

Hopefully they bring the first one on 3DS to PC at least given the platform will be shutdown.

1 match for each tournament to be specific.
I just saw people on another forum complaining that they didn't get their reward because they only did one battle. Any time there has been an event Pokemon reward, going back to at least the 3DS days, it's three battles, win or lose. I also know this from experience. Also registration starts Thursday for the next tournament, which will be for shiny Galarian Zapdos.

When is the reward distribution supposed to start? Depending on how many people took part it could take a few days.

I'm not sure how they are distributed either.

Copied from Serebii.net: 

The Rankings are now live in Pokémon Sword & Shield for the 2022 International Challenge February Online Competition. To check the results you need to go to VS and then into the Battle Stadium feature and check previous competitions. With this, once you have checked your results, you can now receive Shiny Galarian Articuno gift if you go to Mystery Gift and select Get Battle Stadium Rewards.

On a Nintendo related note....

I was able to stop into a local retro-arcade yesterday and was able to play F-Zero AX for the first time and really enjoyed getting into the cabinet to play some F-Zero for the first time in quite a while.  Now, I'll just need to fire up F-Zero GX again....

On a Nintendo related note....

I was able to stop into a local retro-arcade yesterday and was able to play F-Zero AX for the first time and really enjoyed getting into the cabinet to play some F-Zero for the first time in quite a while. Now, I'll just need to fire up F-Zero GX again....
Did you have a memory card with you so you could unlock some of the AX material for GX?

I managed to unlock one of the AX racers in GX through pure dumb luck, but I was never able to unlock anything beyond that.

Did you have a memory card with you so you could unlock some of the AX material for GX?

I managed to unlock one of the AX racers in GX through pure dumb luck, but I was never able to unlock anything beyond that.
It had a screen about that, but it said that the feature was disabled. If I do get back there again in the future, I'll be sure to bring in a Mem Card 59 or something that I don't mind getting damaged if it doesn't work correctly.

From now until March 13th, GameStop is giving away codes in store for a Hisuian Growlithe + 20 Feather Balls for Pokemon Legends Arceus.

In other Pokemon news, I speculate that the original Pokemon Snap will be March's N64 addition to Switch Online, to be announced on Sunday during the Pokemon Presents.

I haven't played Grindstone in a while, but I remember being quite addicted to it. Quite a fun game.
I had never heard of it until the Nintendo voice chat podcast sung it's praises, it's on my wish list and I will probably grab it when it's on sale.

From now until March 13th, GameStop is giving away codes in store for a Hisuian Growlithe + 20 Feather Balls for Pokemon Legends Arceus.

In other Pokemon news, I speculate that the original Pokemon Snap will be March's N64 addition to Switch Online, to be announced on Sunday during the Pokemon Presents.
I would love it if Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness got a Switch port. Snap and Mystery Dungeon got some love, they've remade Yellow, Diamond and Pearl. If they gave Johto the Let's Go treatment, having Umbreon and Espeon as the starters could be a Colosseum tie in.

bread's done
Back