Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Highly recommend 512 gigs for the Switch. I'm about 1/2 physical and 1/2 digital and my 256 gig card filled up after a while haha. I blame the Atelier games, but yeah just know a decent amount of digital games are getting bigger.

You should be able to download the Japanese SFC software, but I don't remember how. Not sure if Harvest Moon will have language options.
It probably won't have english options (though some of the games on the jp versions of the apps do). All you need is a secondary profile with it's region set to japan (or change your region, though I find that not worth the effort when having an extra profile is super easy).

Highly recommend 512 gigs for the Switch. I'm about 1/2 physical and 1/2 digital and my 256 gig card filled up after a while haha. I blame the Atelier games, but yeah just know a decent amount of digital games are getting bigger.
I’m 90% physical (probably 50 physical, 5 digital) and don’t think I’ve exhausted the base storage on the OLED. Mostly first party games.

I guess the list is only on the UK page, so this is what supposedly counts for the discount:

• Cooking Simulator
  • Goetia
  • Green Hell
  • Hollow
  • Panzer Dragoon: Remake
  • Rise Enterna
  • Thief Simulator
  • Timberman VS

goetia was 99 cents on psn so I already own that one.  Too bad that does me no good here.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI physical copies of Persona Q have a high failure rate. Even if you have a physical of that one, it's probably a good idea to get that as a backup.

Mine was a limited edition pack in and just decided to stop working one day. Just sitting in a case on a shelf.

How is triangle strategy? Worth picking up for full price?
It's a lot of reading. I'm like 40+ hours in, and the battles are actually hard on hard. When most of your units can get 2-shotted, and they have more units, it can get pretty difficult. I fail some of them multiple times, like the level 23 "mock" battle using level 21-24 units. I probably was supposed to do harder modes in new game+, but I'm unsure, since I haven't looked much up.

The story got a lot better at around chapter 10. I'm around chapter 15 right now.

While I'm currently enjoying it, I'm undecided about whether I'd recommend it. I sort of wish the story didn't revolve around salt. It makes it sound a little ridiculous, despite knowing salt is important.

I guess if you don't mind reading (I hate the font they use), it does scratch the SRPG itch. One thing I really do like is that they have some very unique units, that I haven't really seen since Suikoden days.

FYI physical copies of Persona Q have a high failure rate. Even if you have a physical of that one, it's probably a good idea to get that as a backup.

Mine was a limited edition pack in and just decided to stop working one day. Just sitting in a case on a shelf.
Yeah I grabbed those at the December sale. A lot of people mentioned that those cartridges were prone to fail.

How is triangle strategy? Worth picking up for full price?
I mean, I don't think any game is worth picking up at full price, but Triangle Strategy is really good. I rented it from Gamefly and am in Chapter 19 out of 20 or 21 I believe. The story gets really good at the end. Hard not to say more without spoiling it but the whole salt thing actually makes a lot of sense when you you just accept that this all take place within a preindustrial society that revolves around a different natural resource than ours does. It's basically the equivalent of how important oil is for us, or something like how important opium or spices were to the average empire hundreds of years ago. It just makes for a very interesting and unique story that you don't hardly ever see in jrpgs or video games in general. Tons of political backstabbing and surprise twists. Game of Thrones is a tired comparison, but it really has that vibe. None of the factions or nations are really the good guys and everyone is morally gray. There are some surprisingly dark scenes, and it's very striking seeing them play out in that retro HD sprite style. The characters on your team are all interesting and the voice acting is solid. No annoying anime tropes to be found among the cast. The main character starts out kind of dull, but he becomes extremely likable by the end of the game. The story diverges a lot throughout and the last few chapters have three completely different routes afaict. I'm actually going to do a new game plus run, which is something I hardly ever do, because I like the story so much and want to see how a couple different choices play out.

As for the gameplay, it's a solid SRPG. I wish it had a job system, but the characters are all different enough that you can easily create a unique team that works for you. It's hard but in a good way. But ultimately you're looking at about one story battle per chapter and one optional & repeatable mock battler per chapter, so the main draw is the story. Actually, last night I played for about 90 minutes and didn't fight a single battle. Just did the story stuff. But I still liked it a lot- it's like reading a good fantasy novel. TBH I hate visual novels and more often than not I skip video game cutscenes, but TS had me hooked throughout.

Sega's Deep Discount Sale ends 4/17 and other things I see:

3DS

3D After Burner II - $2.99

3D Altered Beast - $2.99

3D Ecco the Dolphin - $2.99

3D Fantasy Zone - $2.99

3D Fantasy Zone II - $2.99

3D Galaxy Force II - $2.99

3D Gunstar Heroes - $2.99

3D Out Run - $2.99

3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master - $2.99

3D Sonic The Hedgehog - $2.99

3D Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - $2.99

3D Space Harrier - $2.99

3D Streets of Rage - $2.99

3D Streets of Rage 2 - $2.99

3D Super Hang-On - $2.99

3D Thunder Blade - $2.99

7th Dragon III Code: VFD - $8.99

Cartoon Network: Battle Crashers - $2.49 - Ends 4/20

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl - $7.99

Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight - $7.99

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan - $7.99

Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth - $8.99

Etrian Odyssey Nexus - $9.99

Goosebumps: The Game - $1.99 - Ends 4/20

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth - $7.99

Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth - $9.99 - Delisted from webstore

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - $9.99

Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure - $7.99

Sega 3D Classics Collection - $7.99

Shin Megami Tensei IV - $7.99

Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse - $8.99

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers - $7.99

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker - $7.99

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked - $7.99

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux - $9.99

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - $9.99

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice - $9.99

Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal - $9.99

Sonic Generations - $9.99

Sonic Lost World - $9.99

Stella Glow - $7.99

Super Monkey Ball 3D - $7.99

Wii U

Axiom Verge - $5.99 - Ends 4/4

Gunman Clive HD Collection - $1.99 - Ends 4/7

Looks like Persona Q2 was delisted at some point since that last big Sega sale.

Edit: Seems like it's still on the eShop itself, but disappeared from the webstore. Fun.

Any of the Sonic 3ds games worth $10? I know it’s not the lowest price ever, but might be willing to pick up one if it’s a must have title. My son loves Sonic… I never really got into them other than Dreamcast and the NDS rpg.

Any of the Sonic 3ds games worth $10? I know it’s not the lowest price ever, but might be willing to pick up one if it’s a must have title. My son loves Sonic… I never really got into them other than Dreamcast and the NDS rpg.
Sonic 2 3D is, and it’s only $3. Sonic 1 3D is worth more than $3, too, though it’s probably worth picking that up in the Sega 3D Classics Collection which includes it and a bunch of other Sega 3D Classics for $8.

This is random. I ordered Pokemon Arceus from Target during a B2G1 early February, but it was lost in the mail. Target sent me a replacement mid-February and told me to keep the first one if it ever arrives. I had forgotten about it until today when it suddenly showed up at my doorstep (two months late). Hope my nephew enjoys it ^^

Thanks! I have the sega collection already, but will grab Sonic 2. Any recs for the other games?
If you mean Sonic games, I don’t think any of the games developed for 3DS are particularly noteworthy, but Sonic games released after the Genesis, have virtually always been highly divisive. The fact that I never see any praise or condemnation of these titles suggests to me that they never made much of an impression on fans or critics. I’ve tried the demos for Lost World 3DS and Sonic Boom Fire & Ice and they felt okay, but the first couple levels of modern Sonic games are often the best in the games, for what that’s worth. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is an excellent kart racer on home platforms, but the 3DS version (haven’t played it myself) reviewed much worse than its bigger brothers, so I’m not sure how worth it that one is.

If you mean the 3D Classics, M2 did an amazing job on the Sega 3D Classics, to the point where I would call almost all of the 3DS versions of these games the definitive way to play them off original hardware. At $3 a pop, I think it’s probably best to just grab every game you think you even MIGHT have any interest in, since the likelihood of these ever getting released in exactly the same form anywhere else is unlikely at best.

In particular, I recommend grabbing all the super scaler games—After Burner II, Galaxy Force II, Out Run, Space Harrier, Super Hang-On, Thunder Blade, and Power Drift (Galaxy Force II, Thunder Blade, and Power Drift are all in the Classics Collection for reference). There’s really something magical about seeing Sega’s golden old sprite scaling at work in stereoscopic 3D.

Beyond that selection, I also highly recommend Gunstar Heroes, Shinobi III, Sonic 2 of course, and Streets of Rage 2. If you like cute shoot em ups, the Fantasy Zone games are quite good, though those are already in the Classics Collection. If beat em ups are more your thing, the original Streets of Rage isn’t nearly as good as its sequel, but is still a classic. Ecco the Dolphin is more of a love it or leave it title, but if you haven’t tried it before is at least worth a shot.

If you don't already have the ps3 or 360 version, your son might like the port of Generations. It's nothing amazing but it's probably the best of the non genesis/game gear sonic games on the 3ds. There are fewer levels overall, but some of them are different than the home console version. I believe sonic boom, lost world and racing transformed, also have demos so depending on how much your son enjoys those they might be worth giving a shot.

Thanks for the tips everyone. Going to grab some of the 3D remakes mentioned and try it a few demos for the Sonic games. Probably limit my son to one sonic game to be earned through yard work… I’m that dad.

Great product. i use and recommend them.

But horrible ebay seller. Vipoutlet sells walmart returns. Have had multiple poor experiences with them.
Mine arrived yesterday. It was just the accessory, no original box or manual, but it looks brand new. No wear or gunk that typically comes with used controllers. Gave it a test run and all the buttons, joysticks, and functions work properly. Guess I got lucky but I'll keep using it for a while to make sure everything stays good.

I updated my Bluetooth 8bitdo retro receiver and was able to use my Switch Online NES and SNES controllers with my NES and SNES classics. Pretty cool.
Oh, that's really good to know. I bought a pair of the SNES controllers... that would be great to use them with the classics.

No major/noticable lag?

Oh, that's really good to know. I bought a pair of the SNES controllers... that would be great to use them with the classics.

No major/noticable lag?
Didn’t notice any lag but I’m not sensitive to that stuff.

Oh, and pressing Select + down takes you back to the main menu. No more getting up to press reset!!!!!!

My Satisfye BeatemUps grip/case bundle for my OLED Switch finally arrived after ordering 4 months ago. I can finally migrate from my old switch to the OLED I bought in December! I was waiting since the switch is unplayable for me in handheld without the grip.

No major/noticable lag?
I use the SNES Switch Online controller with my Super NT and the standard SNES BT receiver. It's not as snappy as the 2.4ghz ones but it works great in general. I expect it's the same for the Classic.

I use the SNES Switch Online controller with my Super NT and the standard SNES BT receiver. It's not as snappy as the 2.4ghz ones but it works great in general. I expect it's the same for the Classic.
What’s a standard SNES BT receiver? The 8bitdo one? Have one of those too and also use it on my super NT.

bread's done
Back