Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I'm fairly new to the Switch as I bought one last week and now I'm looking through games that interest me. I saw a game called The Rewinder on Gamefaqs but cant find it on the E Shop did it get delisted or was it delayed?

Oh, that's cool then.

I've always been interested in the series, but I haven't played much besides demos back when Walmart had their playable systems in the electronics department.

I've gotten screwed by Walmart buying MicroSD cards from their site, but they have Super Mario 3D All Stars for $49.94, listed as "sold and shipped by Walmart.com." Does that increase the trustworthiness of the product at all?

I've gotten screwed by Walmart buying MicroSD cards from their site, but they have Super Mario 3D All Stars for $49.94, listed as "sold and shipped by Walmart.com." Does that increase the trustworthiness of the product at all?

Yeah, if it’s sold and shipped by Walmart.com you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fairly new to the Switch as I bought one last week and now I'm looking through games that interest me. I saw a game called The Rewinder on Gamefaqs but cant find it on the E Shop did it get delisted or was it delayed?
I've never heard of that game, but I'm about two years late to Switch gaming myself.

Looked around a little and it hasn’t come out yet.

PC version’s been out since September and trucking along with updates and DLC, but the Switch version’s been MIA since the PC release. No mention on Twitter, no utterances on their Discord, no further promotion yet.

Splatoon 3 also pushed back to a September 9th release date.

Basically swapped dates with Xenoblade 3 as Splatoon 3 was originally a summer title. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo, Summer ends Sept 22... so September 9th is still within the earlier generic "Summer 2022" release date timeline.   They never had a fixed date before now to lock the game to for which it was pushed.

I'm guessing the "free" Octo Expansion is meant to cushion the blow of the delay. I already own it but it's nice that they're going into their backcatalog for Expansion Pass content though, plenty of older DLC Passes that can be added (Tetris 99, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Warriors games, Luigi's Mansion, etc.) The ones I really hope they'd add are Pokemon's, as $30 for each has always seemed too steep and they've been completely resistant to a sale.
Yo, Summer ends Sept 22... so September 9th is still within the earlier generic "Summer 2022" release date timeline. They never had a fixed date before now to lock the game to for which it was pushed.
September is not really seen as a summer month though.
You'd maybe have a point if it hadn't taken Xeno 3's exact date. Based on that and Xeno 3 being moved up to July (a date which is in the middle of kids' summer vacation), it's safe to speculate that their release dates were reluctantly swapped because Splatoon 3 needed more time in the oven.

September is not really seen as a summer month though.
You'd maybe have a point if it hadn't taken Xeno 3's exact date. Based on that and Xeno 3 being moved up to July (a date which is in the middle of kids' summer vacation), it's safe to speculate that their release dates were reluctantly swapped because Splatoon 3 needed more time in the oven.
September 9th is a common date for launching things. The first major note for that date (for me anyways) is 9/9/99 the us launch of the Dreamcast. But it's been used for game launches for decades now. I'd compile a list, but XC3 originally having that date is, I believe, just a coincidence in that Splatoon 3 got moved to it.

September 9th is a common date for launching things. The first major note for that date (for me anyways) is 9/9/99 the us launch of the Dreamcast. But it's been used for game launches for decades now. I'd compile a list, but XC3 originally having that date is, I believe, just a coincidence in that Splatoon 3 got moved to it.
Ok, but Splatoon 1 was released May 28th and Splatoon 2 was July 21st (Xeno 3 is now launching July 29th). I don't understand why a delay (and a subsequent launch day swap) is so unbelievable. It's not a coincidence the announcement of Xeno 3 getting moved up and Splatoon 3 getting a hard release date were only a few days apart.

9/9/99 was also the US release date for Final Fantasy 8. Might be the second biggest shot Sony fired at Sega, after E3 1995.

I wonder if that’s why FF8 feels like it got rushed out the door.
There was roughly the same gap between the Japanese and US releases of FF7 (Jan 31 to Sep 7 in 1997) and FF8 (Feb 11 to Sep 9 in 1999). FF9 had an even faster turnaround, both in initial release and English localization (Jul 7, 2000 to Nov 13). So it can't be (just) about the timeframe.

There was roughly the same gap between the Japanese and US releases of FF7 (Jan 31 to Sep 7 in 1997) and FF8 (Feb 11 to Sep 9 in 1999). FF9 had an even faster turnaround, both in initial release and English localization (Jul 7, 2000 to Nov 13). So it can't be (just) about the timeframe.
I meant FF8 itself, not the translation, so if FF8 released several months in Japan ahead of some imaginary US target date, that's clearly not it. I love FF8 to death, but I feel like the developers had a lot more planned for the second half of the story than ended up in what shipped, so I've always felt like something just wasn't there for them to complete the project the way they'd planned—be it time, money, or some other resource.

Ok, but Splatoon 1 was released May 28th and Splatoon 2 was July 21st (Xeno 3 is now launching July 29th). I don't understand why a delay (and a subsequent launch day swap) is so unbelievable. It's not a coincidence the announcement of Xeno 3 getting moved up and Splatoon 3 getting a hard release date were only a few days apart.
Well it's unbelievable because it's factually incorrect. It never had a date and was just listed as "summer" and summer is when it is getting released. Not sure what is so hard to understand.

Nobody Saves the World is absolutely incredible, btw. Been playing it with cloud gaming, but will definitely be picking it up on Switch to own. Such a fun and addicting gameplay progression loop.

Capcom games are back on deep discount sales on 3DS & Wii U until 5/16 at 12 AM PT/3 AM ET:

3DS

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - $4.99

Mega Man Legacy Collection - $4.99

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - $4.99

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - $4.99

Monster Hunter Generations - $4.99

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Dual Destinies - $4.99 - Reminder that this game has in-game DLC that'll disappear after the eShop shuts down

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice - $4.99 - Reminder that this game has in-game DLC that'll disappear after the eShop shuts down

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy - $11.99

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D - $1.99

Resident Evil Revelations - $1.99

Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition - $4.99

Wii U

DuckTales: Remastered - $3.74

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara - $3.74

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - $7.99

Resident Evil Revelations - $9.99

The SteamWorld games are also on sale on 3DS & Wii U for about 80% off each until 4/27.

How to get access to purchasing the DLC for the Phoenix Wright games that have them:

If you're going to get the DLC episodes for the Phoenix Wright games, I took a look to see what the process is to be able to purchase them in-game:

Dual Destinies automatically starts a new game that requires you to watch the intro up to the point that it gives you control after a few minutes, but then you can save and back out to the title menu to grab the DLC. It's $5.99 for the one DLC episode.

Spirit of Justice forces you to start a new game from the main menu and similarly watch a quicker intro until you get control, save, and back out to the main menu to grab the DLC. There's a $5.99 DLC episode and two $3.99 "What If?" mini episodes.

Like... one of those people who paints silly makeup on customers’ faces at fairs or similar events, that kind of face painter?
Yeah she makes bank doing it. $5 a face adds up. She does conventions too. The nerdcore rapper Mega Ran is from out there and she's met him which is pretty cool.

Yeah she makes bank doing it. $5 a face adds up. She does conventions too. The nerdcore rapper Mega Ran is from out there and she's met him which is pretty cool.
Has anyone ever asked her to paint red dripping down their eyes, like she made a mistake and gouged them out with the paintbrush?

I still believe that this movie is something that shouldn't exist in the first place, but the fact that Nintendo is actually involved with it assuages some of my concern.

I still believe that this movie is something that shouldn't exist in the first place, but the fact that Nintendo is actually involved with it assuages some of my concern.
I think that's a negative tbh. I love Nintendo but "cinematic" is not their thing. The only "cinematic" thing they've ever made that was actually decent was the Smash Bros Brawl story mode, and that was mostly due to Sakurai and his team

In particular, as of late, it seems like Miyamoto has killed everything he's had direct involvement in. I'm not optimistic for a movie from him

bread's done
Back