Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Was thinking the same. It would be confusing to have Switch Sports and Sports Story out so close together. Maybe next summer - ha. How embarrassing to have a game delayed 2+ years with no development updates.
Ye they said there was going to be more updates moving forward last summer and I believe theres been one on twitter. Lol just checked their website and release dates still says Q2 2020

For those of you who got to the checkout screen with the N64 controller, but it timed out on you, it still might have gone through. I got an order confirmation a whole hour later, even after it timed out.

For those of you who got to the checkout screen with the N64 controller, but it timed out on you, it still might have gone through. I got an order confirmation a whole hour later, even after it timed out.
I was just about to ask how long I should let the checkout confirmation screen do its three star dance before giving up. For now, I'll just leave the tab open and see what happens. Hasn't timed out yet, but it's bound to eventually...

Sweet as I was able to get an order in for two of them and received the order confirmation from Nintendo.

Happened to catch Wario64 putting up a Tweet on it.
Yes. I was able to order one for retail price finally!

Take that scalpers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered and got my order confirmation:

My Nintendo Game Card Case

$0.00

Animal Crossing Coaster Set 

$0.00

Kirby and the Forgotten Land Shopping Bag 

$0.00

AC Adapter - REFURBISHED 

$5.00

Nintendo 64 controller 

$49.99

Fun Kirby game with a cool power combination system to offer some neat combo powers: https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1524917570649956352

Guess that leaves Snap (the game I most wanted to play) for June..
At least the speculation can end (for now).

I think a few hours if you were able to add it to your cart. There were issues checking out but there were a few people who were able to checkout later on.

Not that I had confidence in their website before, but this N64 fiasco does not bode well for when the Xenoblade 3 collectors edition goes live. I’ll be amazed if I’m able to get one.

I'm glad I stopped collecting physical and went mostly digital lol. Much less stressful
I love physical however the reason I quit mostly is because games are never "Complete" anymore everything needs a patch to be functional and if that's the case what's the point of physical if its not the best version.

I love physical however the reason I quit mostly is because games are never "Complete" anymore everything needs a patch to be functional and if that's the case what's the point of physical if its not the best version.
I’m still team physical on Nintendo because it’s easier to share games, saves on memory space, and has resale value.

That's part of why I quit. When I first got Spyro Reignited Trilogy for the PS4, it didn't even have the last two games on the disc, so it's like why even bother. If you're actually concerned about preservation then it's better to buy a big storage drive and store the complete game on there, rather than incomplete discs/cartridges which will be stuck as incomplete forever when the update servers are taken down

I’m still team physical on Nintendo because it’s easier to share games, saves on memory space, and has resale value.
That and even physical they tend to go in sale whereas digital rarely ever does.

I have 3 Switches shared between 4 people in my house.  Physical allows anyone to play any game on any Switch.  Digital is too restrictive.

I never owned the original switch, was it easier to open? Every time I open my OLED cartridge slot I feel like I’m going to break it off.
It's easy to open on the original. I've never owned the OLED switch so I wouldn't know how different the cartridge slot is

I never owned the original switch, was it easier to open? Every time I open my OLED cartridge slot I feel like I’m going to break it off.
It was a lot easier. The original I could just put my short finger nail in and pop it up without thinking twice about it. I need a butter knife in order to get it open on the OLED.

Same, except mostly only with their first-party/exclusive titles (which are the ones that tend to retain resale value). It helps that the space footprint is much smaller between the size of carts vs discs and the much smaller cases and a lot of those games only receiving minor patches as they ship more or less complete.

a lot of those games only receiving minor patches as they ship more or less complete.
Really? Maybe this was true last gen, but pretty much every major Switch game I can think of has either big DLC expansions, or adopted the "release it now, finish it later" method with lots of free content updates

On switch I am digital solely for convenience.  So nice not having to carry and change game cards on a portable machine. No other reason. 

On PS5 I am solely physical (except for ps plus free games obviously). 

Don’t really buy anything on Xbox because of Gamepass. 

This is slightly off topic, but I thought I would post here since it is nintendo related.

I am going through my SNES collection of games deciding what to sell if I find something going for some decent money currently. I was shocked to see Ghoul Patrol for SNES listing BIN for $4,400 on ebay. That seems really high for a game I never really liked, but I am thinking about selling that one for sure.  I have the box with all the inserts and everything is in excellent condition. I even have the receipt for the game when I purchased it back in 1994. I purchased it from a Babbages and the price was $27.99. 

I am trying out a local consignment shop to sell a couple of my other high value SNES games for me since I don't want to deal with the hassle of selling these games myself.  If the consignment shop gets me a good return I will continue to work with them.

Check what your games are worth from time to time. Especially older games you did not enjoy that are taking up space. You might be sitting on a nice bit of profit.

This is slightly off topic, but I thought I would post here since it is nintendo related.

I am going through my SNES collection of games deciding what to sell if I find something going for some decent money currently. I was shocked to see Ghoul Patrol for SNES listing BIN for $4,400 on ebay. That seems really high for a game I never really liked, but I am thinking about selling that one for sure. I have the box with all the inserts and everything is in excellent condition. I even have the receipt for the game when I purchased it back in 1994. I purchased it from a Babbages and the price was $27.99.

I am trying out a local consignment shop to sell a couple of my other high value SNES games for me since I don't want to deal with the hassle of selling these games myself. If the consignment shop gets me a good return I will continue to work with them.

Check what your games are worth from time to time. Especially older games you did not enjoy that are taking up space. You might be sitting on a nice bit of profit.
Doesn't matter what they are listed for, only matters what they've actually sold for. I'm seeing around $200 for cart only and only one CIB went for $400.

I am going through my SNES collection of games deciding what to sell if I find something going for some decent money currently. I was shocked to see Ghoul Patrol for SNES listing BIN for $4,400 on ebay. That seems really high for a game I never really liked, but I am thinking about selling that one for sure. I have the box with all the inserts and everything is in excellent condition. I even have the receipt for the game when I purchased it back in 1994. I purchased it from a Babbages and the price was $27.99.

I am trying out a local consignment shop to sell a couple of my other high value SNES games for me since I don't want to deal with the hassle of selling these games myself. If the consignment shop gets me a good return I will continue to work with them.

Just because someone listed it for that much doesn’t mean you can actually sell it for that much. Pricecharting which comes up with values based on games that actually sold puts that game at $500.

Gosh darn it, next time there's a sale on the Switch console somebody please make a thread for it. I would've finally got me one.

If there was a thread, my bad...I didn't see it. :(

Just because someone listed it for that much doesn’t mean you can actually sell it for that much. Pricecharting which comes up with values based on games that actually sold puts that game at $500.
Price charting is not exactly a reliable source either note!

Majority of the time they list values for non existent sales and or miss sales. It's always best to check multiple places and then figure out what the average would be between them for how much you'd likely get.

Gosh darn it, next time there's a sale on the Switch console somebody please make a thread for it. I would've finally got me one.

If there was a thread, my bad...I didn't see it. :(
I can't recall if it had its own thread or not off hand but I do think it had popped up in the individual retail threads (walmart amazon target gamestop). You'd be better off checking warios twitter occasionally.

Super Smash Bros digital is back at $43.99 at Amazon for those interested.

Mario Golf Super Rush digital is also back at $44.99 at Amazon as well.

Majority of the time they list values for non existent sales and or miss sales. It's always best to check multiple places and then figure out what the average would be between them for how much you'd likely get.
This is not true, sometimes they are a bit off but they are usually reliable. No different than how eBay will sometimes have outlier sold listings

I am team "whatever is cheaper between digital vs physical" as I am more of a gamer than collector/reseller. All of my games will eventually be available as roms in the future (honestly they already are but I buy games to support the industry) and playable on computer hardware better than the Switch. We are seeing tremendous advancement in the handheld gaming scene (AYN ODIN, SteamDeck, Anbernic linux-based devices, Miyoo Mini) over the last few years so these roms are going to be playable on handheld devices other than the Switch for reasonable prices soon (SteamDeck being the cheapest non-Switch option at the moment). 

There's a notification on 3DS to remind you that they'll be stopping the ability to use credit/debit cards to refill your wallet directly on the 3DS and Wii U on 5/23.

I know this. I am a bit skeptical about that price myself. Still it caught my interest in selling the game since it just takes up space in my collection at this point. Like I said I am dealing with someone who is more knowledgeable about selling collectables than me. He will get a cut of the profits, but I am cool with that if he gets me a good sale price.

I was looking at a few price charting sites as well. On one price chart site I checked the listing they referenced as the "value" ($99) and it was for the PAL region version which is different than the NTSC version. It also did not have all the inserts and the box was in not so great shape. I would not take that price as a good indicator for what I have. Actually mine appears to be more complete than the one that is being listed for $4,500 lol. The guy basically says in the listing this is the only one on ebay so I guess he feels he can charge a premium or something?

Here is the listing from the price chart site I visited indicating the going value for CIB is $99:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134055968171?hash=item1f365bbdab:g:nSEAAOSwZQZiMjFV

This is not true, sometimes they are a bit off but they are usually reliable. No different than how eBay will sometimes have outlier sold listings
I would say most of the price charting sites seemed a lot off from what I am seeing on ebay listings right now. They also did not have any data for this year for "sold" items. The most recent completed was November of last year.

I would say most of the price charting sites seemed a lot off from what I am seeing on ebay listings right now. They also did not have any data for this year for "sold" items. The most recent completed was November of last year.
You'll have to provide some examples. Like I said they are not perfect, particularly for more modern games that suddenly jump in value. But they are a good snapshot. To say they are wrong the "majority" of the time is simply untrue

You'll have to provide some examples. Like I said they are not perfect, particularly for more modern games that suddenly jump in value. But they are a good snapshot. To say they are wrong the "majority" of the time is simply untrue
I never said they were always wrong. I am sure they are good estimates for ebay? I don't really know myself since I have no frame of reference yet. I will know after I have sold a few games I guess. I am not planning to use ebay. I was just looking there and some price charts to get some idea what I should sell from my collection.

This is why I always stress physical over digital. Selling games has helped me BIG TIME in the past. A digital game can't be sold. It's yours forever whether you want to keep it or not.

This is why I miss price tracker since they were incredibly reliable and occasionally found me hidden listings that didn't turn up in the search functions on places like amazon and ebay.  They also had the sales/listings and such records for ebay amazon half and gamestop iirc. 

It's also worth mentioning Some listings never appear on sites period and only can be found in individual users selling pages for whatever reason.  Amazon is especially hinky with that since some awd listings don't appear on the new/used section for the items main page and occasionally don't appear on awd selling page either. Those can only be found with a link to their individual listing weirdly.  Gamestop also has that issue where you basically have to google a game to find its page link directly to their website while searching on their actual website turns up nothing. Ys 8 switch being the most famous example. 

Opening the slot on the OLED is a PAIN IN THE ASS especially after cutting your nails lol. That being said Physical 5EVER...unless of course the deal is too good to pass up :D

I had a launch day switch and now two OLED models for my son and I. Both my son and I commented that opening the game slot takes a little more effort to open than original system. Got to get your nail just right and it pops right up.

On mine it seems like the issue is the door part can go down too low. So the space you want to get into gets pushed down and goes away. I would need lady length nails to get into it without my finger pushing it down too low. So I keep one physical game and most go digital. Once I finish the physical game I will sell it and likely only use that to test games out before buying them digitally through GameFly or something.

bread's done
Back