Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Remember, if you're checking eBay for prices, you wanna check sold/completed listings, not unsold ones, esp BIN prices. If you're trying to appraise your collection, Pricecharting is what you wanna use. It aggregates the actual average selling price based on condition.

Can't tell ya how many times someone tells "hey this SNES game is $500 online" but then a quick Pricecharting check clarifies that, actually, most copies go for $75 in the past month based on actual sales instead of an ambitious asking price.
Sure. My games were in perfect condition complete in box. Those typically sell on the high end of the price range.

As a massive Pokemon cynic, I hope that the new ones are improvements we've been waiting for...

I still play PoGo regularly and I have yet to crack open Arceus, but I love the new Pokemon so far.

As a massive Pokemon cynic, I hope that the new ones are improvements we've been waiting for...

I still play PoGo regularly and I have yet to crack open Arceus, but I love the new Pokemon so far.
having played arceus it was ok but pretty clunky and felt like a ps2 game with how platforming an such worked. The new sniping by pokeball was interesting to catch pokemon without having to battle them occasionally. Catching landorus tornadus thunderus and amourous was a giant pain in the ass.

I was unable to do arceus since that requires getting all the mons and shieldon is locked behind rng on top of rng and I failed to ever encounter one. So all in all fuck :censored: them for that part. The story is also a mess towards the end. They have a mysterious doctor npc they introduce but never give their name or go any further with so that part being incomplete was weird. Who knows they could have intended on adding in more via patch or dlc but given its been months since release I doubt they intend on doing anything more with arceus.

I also play go regularly and just finally caught a kyogre. failed to evolve a clamperl into huntail this morning getting another gorebyss so back to square one on that. I truly hate them turning it into rng when the originals never had that issue unlike wurmple line but unlike them clamperls aren't remotely common.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anybody else kind of interested in Animal Crossing, but haven't tried it yet because they don't want to be consumed by it? I know I've got a pretty addictive personality, and this is the kind of game that's supposed to be played on a regular basis so I could easily see it taking up a lot of my time.

That's actually the main reason I don't play Pokemon Go anymore. I only stopped playing because it because it didn't run well on my old phone. I have a better one now, but I kind of like not being swept up in the game all the time.

Is anybody else kind of interested in Animal Crossing, but haven't tried it yet because they don't want to be consumed by it? I know I've got a pretty addictive personality, and this is the kind of game that's supposed to be played on a regular basis so I could easily see it taking up a lot of my time.
Yeah that makes sense. I have a kind of personality that doesn't do well with things like mmo's so for that reason I generally won't pick up games that never end.

I played AC for a while because my 8yo nephew was hyped about it. I found AC:NH actually pretty easy to play for a few weeks and then put down. To me there's a pretty clear stopping point (5/5 star island rating, main and dlc credits cleared). I likely cut out a lot of time by recruiting my ideal villagers directly by means of homemade nfc cards.

Some people enjoy eternally redesigning their island though, so it's a pretty personal judgment call.

God forbid that Nintendo adds voice acting to their franchises in 2022 … seeing the new Pokémon games coming out … it’s like they just keep polishing the same games without much innovation. The comment about Arceus feeling like a PS2 title was spot on, it really couldn’t hold my attention. Now that could be because I’m not a child, but pokemon still intrigues me if they would make it more like the old cartoons. Add some voice acting, better stories (not a variant of the same story over and over) and stronger villains (has Team Rocket ever been done really well in the games?).

Honestly, it feels like the Pokémon franchise is the McDonalds of video games. Millions love it, but it’s boring, bland, and stuck in a time gone by.

God forbid that Nintendo adds voice acting to their franchises in 2022 … seeing the new Pokémon games coming out … it’s like they just keep polishing the same games without much innovation. The comment about Arceus feeling like a PS2 title was spot on, it really couldn’t hold my attention. Now that could be because I’m not a child, but pokemon still intrigues me if they would make it more like the old cartoons. Add some voice acting, better stories (not a variant of the same story over and over) and stronger villains (has Team Rocket ever been done really well in the games?).

Honestly, it feels like the Pokémon franchise is the McDonalds of video games. Millions love it, but it’s boring, bland, and stuck in a time gone by.
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm someone who feels that not every game needs/should have voice acting, and Pokemon is one of those games for me. I don't know why, something just feels wrong if I try to think of Pokemon with full voice acting. And I personally loved Arceus (even with the ps2 graphics), last time I was able to say actually I loved any other Pokemon game was back with Platinum, anything between them was only good at best, bad at worst.

I feel the same. Pokemon used to be one of my favorite game franchises but the 3ds and especially the Switch generation of games come across like soulless cash grabs. Outdated graphics, no voice acting, unmemorable stories and characters, missing features from prior games, braindead difficulty, etc. They look and play like something from the GameCube or Wii era.

Have you tried the most recent Shin Megami Tensei or Digimon Story games? They have their faults too, but they've managed to scratch my itch for a more modern monster battle rpg series.

Outdated graphics
Pretty much all of the pokemon games after the gba versions used outdated graphics. Not that it gets a pass, but after this many generations of systems it's kind of expected they (Gamefreak) will be a few steps behind.

God forbid that Nintendo adds voice acting to their franchises in 2022 … seeing the new Pokémon games coming out …
Nintendo doesn't develop Pokemon, Gamefreak (a separate company) does. Nintendo only own a minority percentage of the Pokemon Company which owns the rights to Pokemon. It's not really clear if Nintendo even has much say in how the pokemon games are developed or what features they have. Even when it comes to publishing, Arceus was published by a combo of The Pokemon Company and Nintendo rather than just Nintendo.

And yeah, again, Gamefreak is always a bit behind. But then these games are primarily developed with kids in mind and those new to RPG's. Not that they can't be enjoyed by adults, but the flaws are going to stand out the more experience you get. This is like Kirby games to the platformer genre... Kirby is the casual end of the spectrum and great until you play a few of them and realize they are all pretty dang easy. Yoshi as well. Mario does the best to straddle the line between providing something fun for less seasoned gamers while still making something challenging enough for the veterans.

Pretty much all of the pokemon games after the gba versions used outdated graphics. Not that it gets a pass, but after this many generations of systems it's kind of expected they (Gamefreak) will be a few steps behind.

Nintendo doesn't develop Pokemon, Gamefreak (a separate company) does. Nintendo only own a minority percentage of the Pokemon Company which owns the rights to Pokemon. It's not really clear if Nintendo even has much say in how the pokemon games are developed or what features they have. Even when it comes to publishing, Arceus was published by a combo of The Pokemon Company and Nintendo rather than just Nintendo.

And yeah, again, Gamefreak is always a bit behind. But then these games are primarily developed with kids in mind and those new to RPG's. Not that they can't be enjoyed by adults, but the flaws are going to stand out the more experience you get. This is like Kirby games to the platformer genre... Kirby is the casual end of the spectrum and great until you play a few of them and realize they are all pretty dang easy. Yoshi as well. Mario does the best to straddle the line between providing something fun for less seasoned gamers while still making something challenging enough for the veterans.
I realize Nintendo doesn’t own Game Freak, but they’re a second party, dedicated developer. As you stated, Nintendo’s Target demographic is still children and probably always will be. But the general lack of innovation, or even modern day niceties you might say, within most core Nintendo franchises always bothers me. I’m fairly confident that Nintendo could gently encourage Game Freak to add voice acting … if they really cared, but that’s my point, I don’t think Nintendo cares enough to add modern features.

And yet their games are still competitively priced at $60. So you look at something like Elden Ring for $60 vs Arceus and it’s harder and harder to justify, for me personally. It would be one thing if Pokémon never set a standard for voice acting, like it was just something foreign to the overall franchise, but they’ve had plenty of movies and tv series that have built out a more robust, lively universe than we’ve ever seen in the games.

The whole “game freak is just a few generations behind” felt more justifiable 10 years ago … but frankly now they just feel lazy. And Nintendo keeps doing this weird roller coaster of success followed by devastating failure in each of their console generations, so it feels like releasing innovative, modern games wouldn’t be such a bad idea to avoid another Wii U 2.0 after the success of the Switch (hard to believe it’s almost 6 years old now … better screen or not). I’m not trying to pick a fight, as I know this is the Nintendo thread … I just want to see them do better so they can compete with what Sony and Microsoft have coming in the next few years.

I realize Nintendo doesn’t own Game Freak, but they’re a second party, dedicated developer. As you stated, Nintendo’s Target demographic is still children and probably always will be. But the general lack of innovation, or even modern day niceties you might say, within most core Nintendo franchises always bothers me. I’m fairly confident that Nintendo could gently encourage Game Freak to add voice acting … if they really cared, but that’s my point, I don’t think Nintendo cares enough to add modern features.

And yet their games are still competitively priced at $60. So you look at something like Elden Ring for $60 vs Arceus and it’s harder and harder to justify, for me personally. It would be one thing if Pokémon never set a standard for voice acting, like it was just something foreign to the overall franchise, but they’ve had plenty of movies and tv series that have built out a more robust, lively universe than we’ve ever seen in the games.

The whole “game freak is just a few generations behind” felt more justifiable 10 years ago … but frankly now they just feel lazy. And Nintendo keeps doing this weird roller coaster of success followed by devastating failure in each of their console generations, so it feels like releasing innovative, modern games wouldn’t be such a bad idea to avoid another Wii U 2.0 after the success of the Switch (hard to believe it’s almost 6 years old now … better screen or not). I’m not trying to pick a fight, as I know this is the Nintendo thread … I just want to see them do better so they can compete with what Sony and Microsoft have coming in the next few years.
Thats another thing that really bothers me. There are plenty of videogame series that make a fraction of the profit the Pokemon games do but somehow manage to look and sound 50X better. Not just the hyper realistic Microsoft and Sony games but even some of the cartoony and anime games seem like they have a much bigger budget. The quality between the new generation games, remakes, and spinoff retail Switch titles are inconsistent yet they all go for full price. Then you have to pay extra for Switch Online, Pokemon Home and the Sw/Sh dlc if you want to use any of the online features or even transfer Pokemon between your own games.

If most of them were priced like budget titles the low quality would be understandable but $60 is way too much for what's being offered.

I’ve always been amused by people who think pricing is controlled by their perception of value.

Market forces are at play. Pokémon can look like shit but if people are willing to shell out $60, it will cost $60.

Does anyone here know if Taiko no Tatsujin: rhythmic adventure is just the same game as Taiko no Tatsujin: Japanese version or are they completely different games?

If nothing else I would like for them to bring in a toggle on an off option for random encounters if they intend on continuing using them, difficulty settings, double battle standard as an option like in the gamecube duo colosseum and gale of darkness. Sun and moon had slightly the right idea adding in the se/nve and such tags for moves on mons you've seen before for new players. As that's a nice qol feature even for existing vets like myself. As well as convenient for mons that have changed typing since fairy was added in and or they got regional variants. 

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1534188466074005506?t=7CBAJiQaWLENoRRJZefx-g&s=19
Glad they at least gave us a heads up on when it would be coming out. Now I can just waste my day looking forward to missing out on it.

Does anyone here know if Taiko no Tatsujin: rhythmic adventure is just the same game as Taiko no Tatsujin: Japanese version or are they completely different games?
Completely different games. Rhythmic adventure is actually two RPGS packaged together where you have to drum to battle enemies. It does have a free play mode that lets you play the traditional drum game, but it’s not like the full drum n fun game. I think they were originally 3DS games in Japan, but they do work with the taiko drum controller if you have one.

They're putting people in lines to pre-order the SE:

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1534558965832462336

Yeah when I saw this was going to be a Nintendo Store exclusive I knew I didn’t have a chance. [emoji58]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think anyone is surprised by the site getting killed with the XB3 preorder.

If Nintendo decides to do a BotW2 special edition through the website too, it will be hell.

I'm kind of regretting not even trying for Xenoblade 3. I never played X or 2, but I did get the bonuses for the original game for Wii back when people were campaigning for Operation Rainfall.

bread's done
Back