Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Just as a heads up, Nonograms Prophecy is a terrible Picross game. It's all color-based for what you're filling in and some puzzle seem to use similar shades of a color that are hard to tell which is supposed to be which with no color blind options. There are also a few puzzles that you cannot solve, as the cursor disappears and you can't do anything in the puzzle. When I bought it for cheap a few years ago, I beat every puzzle I could just to get the most out of what was easily the worst one of those I've ever seen.

Just as a heads up, Nonograms Prophecy is a terrible Picross game. It's all color-based for what you're filling in and some puzzle seem to use similar shades of a color that are hard to tell which is supposed to be which with no color blind options. There are also a few puzzles that you cannot solve, as the cursor disappears and you can't do anything in the puzzle. When I bought it for cheap a few years ago, I beat every puzzle I could just to get the most out of what was easily the worst one of those I've ever seen.
That's a shame. I love picross games and was pumped when I saw this one in the free chain. I guess I'll play it with low expectations XD
Thanks for the heads-up Frisky.

That's a shame. I love picross games and was pumped when I saw this one in the free chain. I guess I'll play it with low expectations XD
Thanks for the heads-up Frisky.
That's how I approach any free or super cheap puzzle game. If it's a buck or two, I know not to expect top tier stuff. I went ahead an downloaded it this morning... I'll give it a try next time I play my switch.

Just as a heads up, Nonograms Prophecy is a terrible Picross game. It's all color-based for what you're filling in and some puzzle seem to use similar shades of a color that are hard to tell which is supposed to be which with no color blind options.
Did you play it on handheld, tv, or both? I tend to mostly just play on the old big screen plasma tv in my den.

IIRC you have to have the previous game to be eligible for the next game in the giveaway, so there's no reason not to get it.
Yep, the game may stink, but not getting it while it’s free keeps you from getting the next free games. Just buy and cancel the download. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atelier Sophie 2 is $35 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HQ7XJ4C

Worth it? I've never played an Atelier game before.
Probably. I would suggest starting with Ryza 1 or Sophie 1 though. For Sophie 2 it's just a matter of how long the initial print lasts. My guess is that it follows a similar path as Blue Reflection 2. The series had a popularity spike with Ryza (thighs) and Ryza 1 copies were scarce for a good while until it was reprinted a few times. Before this, from what I understand, reprints were not common for this particular publisher and series. Personally I enjoyed Ryza 1-2 but am I'm still holding out for $20-25 Sophie 2. Still need to play the first Sophie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably. I would suggest starting with Ryza 1 or Sophie 1 though. For Sophie 2 it's just a matter of how long the initial print lasts. My guess is that it follows a similar path as Blue Reflection 2. The series had a popularity spike with Ryza (thighs) and Ryza 1 copies were scarce for a good while until it was reprinted a few times. Before this, from what I understand, reprints were not common for this particular publisher and series. Personally I enjoyed Ryza 1-2 but am I'm still holding out for $20-25 Sophie 2. Still need to play the first Sophie.
tecmo koei is never consistent with reprints. some of the atelier titles got reprints while others didn't so it's entirely random with them. Fairy tail also got a bunch of reprints and blue reflection 2 seemingly has never gone out of stock.

Figured I'd post it here, but if any of you guys are interested in the Bayonetta 3 Trinity Masquerade collector's edition, it's available to preorder B&M at Gamestop. MSRP is $90.

Final game is Star Horizon:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/star-horizon-switch

So as predicted, it was all the games (minus the $25 Sorcery game) that weren't on sale.

EDIT:

Through with a browser at everything they list...

https://www.nintendo.com/search/?cat=gme&f=softwarePublisher&softwarePublisher=No%20Gravity%20Games

the bonus discount isn't showing yet.  That may be a tomorrow thing or only through the eshop on switch.  I'm going to check the eshop at lunch time (unless someone can check before then).

Tanuki Justice is showing $3.99 for me on the web store instead of the regular $5.99 sale price. In the end I got three new games, one of which was on my wishlist. Good stuff.

Just a warning, MLB 22's trial is 17+ GB.
If I didn't have gigabit internet without caps, I woulsn't bother.

Final game is Star Horizon:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/star-horizon-switch

So as predicted, it was all the games (minus the $25 Sorcery game) that weren't on sale.

EDIT:

Through with a browser at everything they list...

https://www.nintendo.com/search/?cat=gme&f=softwarePublisher&softwarePublisher=No%20Gravity%20Games

the bonus discount isn't showing yet. That may be a tomorrow thing or only through the eshop on switch. I'm going to check the eshop at lunch time (unless someone can check before then).
I missed claiming Splashy Cube on my primary account yesterday, and I discovered that I already owned Star Horizon on that one. But I was able to get Star Horizon on my secondary account today. Thanks for posting.

Not that it really matters, but I noticed the last couple games I've started on my Switch -- when I go to my profile, it shows "first played 3 days ago" or something, for a game I just started an hour before.

I'm playing Kemono Friends Picross, and it did that.

My previous game, Doraemon Story of Seasons, did it too.

Anyone else?

Not that it really matters, but I noticed the last couple games I've started on my Switch -- when I go to my profile, it shows "first played 3 days ago" or something, for a game I just started an hour before.

I'm playing Kemono Friends Picross, and it did that.

My previous game, Doraemon Story of Seasons, did it too.

Anyone else?
Probably unintentional time travel.

Weren't you the one who had issues with events in Animal Crossing being too late? Probably time sync issues from that?

Weren't you the one who had issues with events in Animal Crossing being too late? Probably time sync issues from that?
Afraid that's not me. Haven't played Animal Crossing this year.

It's not a biggie, and I still get to know relatively close to when I started playing.

The only thing I can guess is I may have turned off time sync from back when I did play Animal Crossing, since I was changing time regularly in the system.

Afraid that's not me. Haven't played Animal Crossing this year.

It's not a biggie, and I still get to know relatively close to when I started playing.

The only thing I can guess is I may have turned off time sync from back when I did play Animal Crossing, since I was changing time regularly in the system.
Just resync the time settings. It’s not hard, just toggle it to sync via internet and it will fix itself.

I noticed this morning that the individual games in the Capcom Arcade Stadium Vol. 1 are all 99 cents each.  Does anyone know if the entire set of those games has ever gone on sale?  If so, I will wait on purchasing anything because I'd hate to buy one or two games and then they all go on sale as part of the bundle.

So how can we not be able to "add funds" when the WiiU and 3DS are tied to the Nintendo ecosystem that's tied in with the Switch?
I think that you CAN have accounts that you configured for WiiU and 3DS that were never converted to the Switch ecosystem.

I got an email the other day telling me that my WiiU has an account with credit in the system, but I thought I had converted it also. There just may be some people that never got a switch that have systems that are configured for their legacy payment system, I guess.

I think that you CAN have accounts that you configured for WiiU and 3DS that were never converted to the Switch ecosystem.

I got an email the other day telling me that my WiiU has an account with credit in the system, but I thought I had converted it also. There just may be some people that never got a switch that have systems that are configured for their legacy payment system, I guess.
Oh Nintendo...why you gotta be so Nintendo.

I noticed this morning that the individual games in the Capcom Arcade Stadium Vol. 1 are all 99 cents each. Does anyone know if the entire set of those games has ever gone on sale? If so, I will wait on purchasing anything because I'd hate to buy one or two games and then they all go on sale as part of the bundle.
As already said it's been $20 before. I really need to look through the games while they are a buck each though. Between Capcom Beat Em' Up Collection and Street Fighter Collection I know I don't need a lot of these games, it might make more sense for me to pick out individual games.

So how can we not be able to "add funds" when the WiiU and 3DS are tied to the Nintendo ecosystem that's tied in with the Switch?
From the link they tweeted:
Users who link their Nintendo Network ID wallet (used with Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems) with their Nintendo Account wallet (used with the Nintendo Switch family of systems) can use the shared balance to purchase content on any of these systems until March 27, 2023.

As already said it's been $20 before. I really need to look through the games while they are a buck each though. Between Capcom Beat Em' Up Collection and Street Fighter Collection I know I don't need a lot of these games, it might make more sense for me to pick out individual games.
I was going to buy Giga Wing, but I can play it for a cheaper price via "other means," so I might pass on that one and wait for the season pass.

And don't ask me what "other means" means. :whistle2:

I was going to buy Giga Wing, but I can play it for a cheaper price via "other means," so I might pass on that one and wait for the season pass.

Hey, whoring yourself out for retro games is never worth it. Never forget to love and respect yourself.

It is literally a dollar to have a legitimate licensed version to play, on switch, forever. At most that would have gotten you four plays in the arcade? You might as well just wear an eye patch and start capturing enemy ships in real life if you can't give them a buck for a game you actually play.

bread's done
Back