Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
It is literally a dollar to have a legitimate licensed version to play, on switch, forever. At most that would have gotten you four plays in the arcade? You might as well just wear an eye patch and start capturing enemy ships in real life if you can't give them a buck for a game you actually play.
"Are you ready, kids?"

"Aye-aye, captain!"

"I can't hear you!!!"

"Aye-aye, captain!!!"

;)

I’ll admit, I never thought people would be paying to play Fighter’s History in 2022. This is what media subscription models have brought us to, I HOPE YOU’RE fuck ING HAPPY, NETFLIX.

Hmm...25 seconds of footage for that Daiva game and they spent more than half of it inputting a password?

I pre-ordered Demon Throttle before Pax East to get a gift from their booth. I wonder if that date is about when I'll get my copy too, I think it was just a Q3 date when I ordered it.

Physical-only is a lame gimmick. Any modern developer who has faith in their game wouldn't limit its sales to a few thousand physical copies with no digital distribution

Idk where else to post this and don't want to make a new thread. But the google play store has an offer you can use where your biggest purchase today gets you 10x the normal amount of points. Easy way to get platinum status if you happen to be a Fire Emblem Heroes or Pokemon Go whale

Idk where else to post this and don't want to make a new thread. But the google play store has an offer you can use where your biggest purchase today gets you 10x the normal amount of points. Easy way to get platinum status if you happen to be a Fire Emblem Heroes or Pokemon Go whale
The Google Play Store deals are usually posted here.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/320964-android-deals-thread-v2/page-180

And when I went to the offer on the Play Store, it said all purchases made today are eligible for 10 times the points.

That's pretty decent! Thanks for posting!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have as much time to play games as I used to, and I tend to only dip into a franchise every year or two. That said, if I can only pick one: should I play Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia 3DS or Fire Emblem: Three Houses Switch?

That said, if I can only pick one: should I play Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia 3DS or Fire Emblem: Three Houses Switch?
I would strongly say FE Echoes. It's my personal favorite FE game. I found 3H to be pretty lacking where, to me, it matters most (characters, story). 3H, dlc included, has a really nice, modern soundtrack. The only other thing I can say it does better is the whole choose-your-character-to-romance thing, which clearly has significant appeal to some players.

Meh, Ooblets has been on my shit list since they went full Phil Fish in the course of making their "we're taking the bag of money to be exclusive on Epic" announcement.

Did the game ultimately turn out okay?

I started Live a Live with the prehistoric chapter and that is the most boring first hour of a game in recent memory. Not a single thing hooked me or was fun to play. I really hope it gets better.

I started Live a Live with the prehistoric chapter and that is the most boring first hour of a game in recent memory. Not a single thing hooked me or was fun to play. I really hope it gets better.
That's the one I'm currently on. So far I'm finding it a nice change from the others. I started with the kungfu master elder looking for a student to pass his teachings too (I used my save from the demo) and then started the Shinobi one fresh and finished it with zero human kills, then went to the present day one. I started playing Saturday night.

After the pre-history story I will work my way up with the old west, near future, and distant future... unless I decide to put it between near and distant future... or even at the end.

I see this as a good game to play before XC3 comes out on Friday. I read how long it takes to beat the whole thing and all the secrets so I think it's completely do-able.

Of those I've played Shinobi has been the best and most fleshed out. That's the one that I really couldn't shake thinking about from the demo and why I preordered after I found out it wasn't going to eat my life to try and finish it before XC3.

Seriously. Not speaking specifically to Bobby, but the whole backlash to that was some of the most "going full gamer" stuff I've ever seen.
Obviously you're going to have the usual "Death to Epic!!!" crowd being vitriolic but they did themselves no favours with the tone of their announcement, and being over the top nasty to people on their Discord. You have to keep in mind that people were supporting them on Patreon during development, so it's not entirely unreasonable for some of them to have been upset with the decision. But they conflated the rational backlash with the irrational and just ended up doubling down on the snark (as PR-less indie devs are wont to do).

I don't have as much time to play games as I used to, and I tend to only dip into a franchise every year or two. That said, if I can only pick one: should I play Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia 3DS or Fire Emblem: Three Houses Switch?
I don't really like either of those but will give the edge to fire emblem echoes shadows of valentia since it plays closer to the older fire emblems. I just can't stand cel and her entitled ass in that game as she's a horrible protagonist. At least she's not Macaiah the fricken loli hitler from radiant dawn.

Alms side was great. The only real negatives would be the enemy respawn rate at points on the world map can get pretty frequent. And the maps where enemies can summon infinite reinforcements especially the swamp and such slow going sections on cel's side are a slog.

To that end it's a good idea to save recruiting the female villager for her route to make into a peg rider since flying units bypass the slow movement issues in her numerous desert, swamp and such maps.

Oh and there's also pitchfork dlc that's free which lets you reclass characters to villager which from there you can pick from multiple classes to promote them from. Nice for the female units to make them into pegs since pegs are almost always the better unit to pick.

There's also missable sidequests in case that matters.

Oh and the guide dang it segments where you need to have one character at a certain point on the map so the other character can move to the other point for the story to advance like the damn dam. Had to google that one.

It also took some cues from sacred stones so you have free roaming and almost infinite free grinding.

I would strongly say FE Echoes. It's my personal favorite FE game. I found 3H to be pretty lacking where, to me, it matters most (characters, story). 3H, dlc included, has a really nice, modern soundtrack. The only other thing I can say it does better is the whole choose-your-character-to-romance thing, which clearly has significant appeal to some players.

I don't really like either of those but will give the edge to fire emblem echoes shadows of valentia since it plays closer to the older fire emblems. I just can't stand cel and her entitled ass in that game as she's a horrible protagonist. At least she's not Macaiah the fricken loli hitler from radiant dawn.

Alms side was great. The only real negatives would be the enemy respawn rate at points on the world map can get pretty frequent. And the maps where enemies can summon infinite reinforcements especially the swamp and such slow going sections on cel's side are a slog.

To that end it's a good idea to save recruiting the female villager for her route to make into a peg rider since flying units bypass the slow movement issues in her numerous desert, swamp and such maps.

Oh and there's also pitchfork dlc that's free which lets you reclass characters to villager which from there you can pick from multiple classes to promote them from. Nice for the female units to make them into pegs since pegs are almost always the better unit to pick.

There's also missable sidequests in case that matters.

Oh and the guide dang it segments where you need to have one character at a certain point on the map so the other character can move to the other point for the story to advance like the damn dam. Had to google that one.

It also took some cues from sacred stones so you have free roaming and almost infinite free grinding.
Thanks for the feedback on the two Fire Emblem games. I think I'll play Shadows of Valentia. It sounds like it has enough qualities to make it worth playing over Three Houses, if I can only pick one to play.

For something completely different to my usual impressions, I'm doing a mini review of the Hori Split Pad Pro (my version is the Pac-man version if it matters). IMHO this is likely not worth it overall unless it has a heavy discount. This product replaces the joy-cons when you have the Switch portably and not docked. They're bigger than the joy-cons for sure, and the comfort is a little better, but similar for me.

The quality of these is pretty alright, but not worth $60 for sure. I got about $11 bucks off and feel a little bit miffed at what I paid. First the joysticks on each of them is decent quality. They are sensitive and seem to play better for action or platform games. The joy con joysticks aren't terrible, but feel a bit small and harder to use. The L/ZL and R/ZR feel a little bit better, but are a bit more spongy. They don't press super well, but aren't terrible either. I think they do feel better than the tiny ones on the joy cons. The d-pad is a million times better than that 4 button abomination from the left joy-con. It works so much better, and if a game uses a lot of this, it helps a lot. The smaller buttons are okay (+, -, home, screenshot) and similar to the joy-cons. What is likely the biggest negative are the face buttons (a, b, x and y). These feel very mushy and not as responsive as their joy-con equivalents. I play a lot of Picross and sometimes things would not register as well with these. The A button feels the worse as it's on the downward curve of the controller. These buttons are passable, but don't feel amazing. Also I need to mention that these are light and work off the Switch's battery. They don't have rumble (who cares), gyro controls (not great) and don't act independently outside the system. For these misses I feel these are overpriced.

Overall I like the controller enough. The better joysticks and d-pad are worth it, even if some of the other stuff feels a bit mushy. I didn't mention you can do turbo and a custom button on each side, but I haven't used those features. I don't love the joy-cons myself, feel they can be a bit small, and have one of the worst d-pads ever on a controller, but they're passable. These make them feel like joy-con+ instead of an amazing extra controller. These do make it easier to hold and it works better for some heavy action titles, which weren't amazing with the joy-cons, but they're just likely too expensive. Around $25 at most would be my recommended, but they're not bad either. If this had better buttons I would say to get it even with a higher cost, but with their missing features, I would mainly recommend it to those who want bigger joy-cons and play portably often. Not bad, but in need of a v2. 7/10

I have had my eye on that. On a related note, has anyone tried the Amiipad controller? It emulates any and all Amiibos.
Never heard of it until now. Seems pretty cool, kind of regret buying a Flask now (was more expensive, holds less tags and doesn't even double as a controller).
At least the Flask also works on 3DS and Wii U and seems to have better software support.

I never played my Switch portably until I got the Hori Split Pad Pro, and I've spent hundreds of hours using them, with no drift. And the turbo function came in handy quite often. It was probably the best Switch-related purchase I ever made and was easily worth the $40. They are sooooo much better than the joycons

I also like & use the pro pads.  The asymmetrical but ideal handheld nsw setup for me is a propad on R and an authentic joycon in a custom dpad shell on L. Cuts down on bulk and adds rumble as opposed to pro pads on both sides.

Joy con wise the zelda and such 10$ ones at target have the regular d pad for those that just want a better one.  Only negative is they can only be used in handheld mode. But for the price and no drift issues it's worth it for a cheap option. 

Do those Hori pads (either the left Joycon or the full Split Pad Pro) have a better D-pad than the Switch Lite? Because that damn thing isn't good for diagonals, or cardinals, or much of anything, really.

Split pad pro is spongy. I move around relatively quickly in Picross games (I main use face buttons and the d pad for playing) and it sometimes is a bit harder to move around cleanly. It works well enough for the most part, but it's no PS controller or a SNES controller or whatever.

An eBay seller has multiple copies of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 on sale for $46.49. Looks to be legitimate as they have over 180k positive feedback.
WARNING

If it matters at all for you and the dlc, this will likely be the Eurpean version. This seller is known (see their feedback) to show pics of american covers and then ship european or other country versions of games.

I wouldn't risk it. Especially if you want to do the dlc later (which will hopefully also be sold as a physical with dlc code for the main game like Torna was).

Streaming some Into the Breach: Advanced Edition to see what's new.

Edit: Here's the archive. The update adds a good bit of new stuff to add more variety to your runs through the campaign, including new squads and pilots to unlock, new Vek to fight, new equipment, a higher difficulty, and more. They're toggles you can turn on and off for each group of additions, so you can add what you want to the experience.

I never played my Switch portably until I got the Hori Split Pad Pro, and I've spent hundreds of hours using them, with no drift. And the turbo function came in handy quite often. It was probably the best Switch-related purchase I ever made and was easily worth the $40. They are sooooo much better than the joycons
My Hori Split Pad Pro is about a year old and it was -great- until a week ago.

As one one week ago, the left joystick is acting up. When pressed FULLY up, it registers as DOWN. I wrote a little SmileBasic program to test this -- everything is fine until the left joystick gets to the far top, then it immediately registers as a far down tilt.

I sent Hori support an e-mail... no response.

I bought a nexigo gripcon from prime day. It's pretty solid. The d pad is stiff, and the right thumbs sticks are complete trash, but I bought some joystick covers, and now that the right side has a rubber cover on it, it's pretty awesome.

My Hori Split Pad Pro is about a year old and it was -great- until a week ago.

As one one week ago, the left joystick is acting up. When pressed FULLY up, it registers as DOWN. I wrote a little SmileBasic program to test this -- everything is fine until the left joystick gets to the far top, then it immediately registers as a far down tilt.

I sent Hori support an e-mail... no response.
Maybe once or twice I've have it where one of the sticks was behaving as though it was drifting, but removing and reattaching it to the system always fixed it. Have you tried that?

bread's done
Back