Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I have a copy for PS4 but I haven't played it yet. I know the digital version was taken down for some reason. Maybe I'll just buy this one if the anniversary edition has more content.

Reviews on metacritic say it's pretty punishing as a stealth game and the new perspective controlling the main character hurts more than it helps.  So that might be why they dropped it.  Though iirc it's been cheap on pc. So maybe they just figure pricing it low means more sales/attention to it. I have to say it has my interest plot wise but I loath stealth genre just from the experience in ocarina of times segments alone.  I'd probably rather youtube it than actually play it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ymmv Pokémon arceus is still 30 bucks at bjs and they have a 10$ off in store purchase of 10$ or more coupon today. Coupon ends the 28th. if you can find a store nearby that has it in stock that seems like a good deal. You can also buy it via the app but I'm not sure if there's a way to apply the coupon. Unless maybe it would work if you order via the app in the physical store. Don't forget to stack with 5% cash back from discover via PayPal.

I got the notification for the coupon in my BJs app, but the coupon itself says $10 off $100..
the app for me said 10 off 10 but the email I just got says 10 off 200 >.> and now the app says 10 off 200 in the clipped section :(

So are they just not doing Directs anymore? wtf even is this half-assed treehouse thing for?
Nintendo likely doesn't have that much first party content on the horizon, so they're focusing on individual releases. Last month was Xenoblade, Splatoon has a demo and then a proper launch on the 9th, Bayonetta is October, Pokemon is November. Zelda is still a vague 2023, Metroid Prime 4 is TBA, and the only other first party title they have on their quarterly financial chart is the delayed Advance Wars remake. Plenty of rumors are around over ports of Zelda Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 1-3 collection, and a couple others just sitting and waiting for a good release date, but they just don't have anything solid to announce.

Tokyo Game Show will likely have some good 3rd party announcements, but companies are definitely going all out for the first real in person show they've been able to do in a couple years. No need for Nintendo to announce things.

Nintendo likely doesn't have that much first party content on the horizon, so they're focusing on individual releases. Last month was Xenoblade, Splatoon has a demo and then a proper launch on the 9th, Bayonetta is October, Pokemon is November. Zelda is still a vague 2023, Metroid Prime 4 is TBA, and the only other first party title they have on their quarterly financial chart is the delayed Advance Wars remake. Plenty of rumors are around over ports of Zelda Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 1-3 collection, and a couple others just sitting and waiting for a good release date, but they just don't have anything solid to announce.

Tokyo Game Show will likely have some good 3rd party announcements, but companies are definitely going all out for the first real in person show they've been able to do in a couple years. No need for Nintendo to announce things.
You don't think it's strange that the last real Direct was way back in February? That was for games releasing in the first half of this year. We're almost in September and still no Direct. They didn't even do one during that summer not-e3 thing, even though every other usual company had at least some stream or show during that time. It's just weird.

There are tons of games that have been rumored and/or leaked for ages that they could be announcing, like the new DKC, the new Fire Emblem (apparently already completed and Nintendo is just sitting on it for some reason), the Zelda Oracle remakes, the Metroid Prime trilogy remaster that never comes, a Mario game to launch alongside the upcoming movie... I wouldn't be surprised if they're shifting a bunch of future, unannounced games to a Switch successor, and now we are in this game release dead zone. Also could explain the BotW2 delay since they might want to do another cross-platform release for their new system.

Anything good on the WIiU that’s not gonna be on switch?
Primarily the DS and GBA virtual console, plus being able to get Metroid Prime Trilogy for $20. For me, the list is:

Earthbound Beginnings

Donkey Kong Country 2-3
Paper Mario 64
Fire Emblem GBA
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Metroid Zero Mission
NSMB DS
Mario & Luigi Partners in Time
LoZ Phantom Hourglass
LoZ Spirit Tracks
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
Metroid Prime Trilogy
NSMB Wii
Pandora's Tower
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Paper Mario
Xenoblade Chronicles

Anything good on the WIiU that’s not gonna be on switch?
The main game I'd suggest is Xenoblade Chronicles X. MAYBE we'll eventually get it... but it will need some work to make the transition due to how the tablet was used and so far there's been no push to make it happen. Though IMO if they are going to do it, it would be the next game to do after the XC3 dlc is done and released.

If you're even considering playing Xenoblade Chronicles X at some point, definitely download the free DLC that makes the game run better if you have a physical copy, since that will be unavailable once the eShop goes down. Sonic Lost World also has free DLC.

These are games I'm considering getting off the 3DS and Wii U eShops (or secondhand physically, where applicable) before next year, though I'm trying to whittle it down to the essentials since I don't want to break the bank and buy everything:

Wii U

Affordable Space Adventures

Fire Emblem (Blazing Blade)

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

Golden Sun

Golden Sun: The Lost Age

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

Metroid Fusion

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Metroid: Zero Mission

Pikmin

Pikmin 2

Super Mario Advance 4

Super Mario RPG

Xenoblade Chronicles X

3DS

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Dragon Quest VII

Dragon Quest VIII

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright/Revelation (as DLC for Conquest which I already got a copy of)

Kirby Planet Robobot

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

Metroid: Samus Returns

Pokémon Crystal

Pokémon Yellow (mainly so I can feel less guilty potentially selling off my childhood Game Boy copy for some cash)

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse

Star Fox 64

If you're even considering playing Xenoblade Chronicles X at some point, definitely download the free DLC that makes the game run better if you have a physical copy, since that will be unavailable once the eShop goes down. Sonic Lost World also has free DLC.
Thanks for this information. I have both of these in my collection and will make sure to download the free content soon.

These are games I'm considering getting off the 3DS and Wii U eShops (or secondhand physically, where applicable) before next year, though I'm trying to whittle it down to the essentials since I don't want to break the bank and buy everything:

Wii U

Affordable Space Adventures

Fire Emblem (Blazing Blade)

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon

Golden Sun

Golden Sun: The Lost Age

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

Metroid Fusion

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Metroid: Zero Mission

Pikmin

Pikmin 2

Super Mario Advance 4

Super Mario RPG

Xenoblade Chronicles X

3DS

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Dragon Quest VII

Dragon Quest VIII

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright/Revelation (as DLC for Conquest which I already got a copy of)

Kirby Planet Robobot

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

Metroid: Samus Returns

Pokémon Crystal

Pokémon Yellow (mainly so I can feel less guilty potentially selling off my childhood Game Boy copy for some cash)

Shin Megami Tensei IV

Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse

Star Fox 64
Keep an eye out for Atlus sales. Those SMT games regularly go on sale. You have a really good list too. I have a lot of the 3DS stuff on your list already purchased. I also recommend Bravely Default and the Professor Layton games since physical copies are crazy expensive, at least where I've looked.

Does anyone have a spare NSO trial code from the Splatoon 3 demo? I downloaded the demo, but my Nintendo Account was created with an email account that no longer exists, so I have no way of retrieving the code.

Generally, yes.  I've had no problems the few times I've ordered reputable brands (sandisk, samsung) assuming amazon.com is the seller (don't do 3rd party).

If I buy a Sandisk micro Sd card sold & shipped by Amazon am I pretty safe that it won’t be a knockoff? Need another one for the Splatoon OLED. Specifically looking at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GY8NHF2/

They are cheaper than anyone else and it’s been a while since I had to buy one.
Amazon is reputable, what's not reputable is their warehouses/warehouse people who mix stock from their marketplace sellers. I'm not sure how common the issue is but it does happen. I've only had it happen to me once, with rechargeable batteries sold/shipped by Amazon.com but once I received it, something about the package looked off and it had a white sticker on the back over the UPC, which is something I often noticed with items from marketplace sellers.

I believe pretty much any major retailer will PM them (Bestbuy, Target, etc.) who don't have stock mingling issues so I'd say you're better off there.

Amazon is reputable, what's not reputable is their warehouses/warehouse people who mix stock from their marketplace sellers. I'm not sure how common the issue is but it does happen. I've only had it happen to me once, with rechargeable batteries sold/shipped by Amazon.com but once I received it, something about the package looked off and it had a white sticker on the back over the UPC, which is something I often noticed with items from marketplace sellers.

I believe pretty much any major retailer will PM them (Bestbuy, Target, etc.) who don't have stock mingling issues so I'd say you're better off there.
I would price match if I could. Amazon seems to have a unique model number for it. I know that a lot of time stores each get a unique model number so you can’t price match.

I just ordered a Sandisk 256 gb Micro SD card from Best Buy yesterday for $29.99, and unlike with Gamestop, Best Buy gave me free shipping without having to spend $49.

Agree with this. I called once about potentially fake eneloops that they do not comingle inventory that’s sold and shipped by Amazon. They have their own supply. It’s all the 3rd party sellers that get commingled.

Argh I’ve procrastinated so long and I just realized why everyone is freaking out about august even though the WiiU Eshop won’t close until next March. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Can I link my wiiu to my switch Eshop account? I was going to wait until sept to get my GameStop Eshop credit and put it on the WiiU but I guess that won’t work.

Argh I’ve procrastinated so long and I just realized why everyone is freaking out about august even though the WiiU Eshop won’t close until next March. ‍♂

Can I link my wiiu to my switch Eshop account? I was going to wait until sept to get my GameStop Eshop credit and put it on the WiiU but I guess that won’t work.
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-Switch/How-to-Merge-Nintendo-Account-and-Nintendo-Network-ID-Funds-1462433.html#:~:text=Select%20Nintendo%20eShop%20on%20the,from%20Nintendo%203DS%2FWii%20U.

You're still fine.

What If you wait until the very last possible moment to do anything Nintendo related on a network that's about to permanently shut down? Is that what you're asking?

What if you don’t have a Switch, Wii U, or a Nintendo account of any kind and plan to get a Wii U soon?
Find someone with a Wii U and set up an account there.
Set up a current Nintendo Account on their website or My Nintendo.
Link them.
Do all the stuff you need to do on the Wii U. Grab the free stuff, buy the stuff you’ll want.
Unlink the account from the borrowed Wii U, I guess?

this should be about it iirc.

Find someone with a Wii U and set up an account there.
Set up a current Nintendo Account on their website or My Nintendo.
Link them.
Do all the stuff you need to do on the Wii U. Grab the free stuff, buy the stuff you’ll want.
Unlink the account from the borrowed Wii U, I guess?

this should be about it iirc.
Wii U accounts are tied to consoles and to do a transfer to a different console you'd have to do a full system transfer which would transfer the friends account too. In this scenario you'd have to call Nintendo to do an account transfer, which having done somewhat recently wasn't super pleasant, but that was largely due to a Wii outage that prevented any account transfer which has since been resolved.

What If you wait until the very last possible moment to do anything Nintendo related on a network that's about to permanently shut down? Is that what you're asking?
I intended to get a Wii U back in May, but have been dealing with a crapton of obnoxious health issues starting in April and just haven’t been able to set aside the time and money to trawl through ebay listings, so yes, essentially.

I have a 3DS, if that makes any difference. I also don’t want to buy much on the eshop, I just want to mod the Wii U so I can play GameCube and Wii games in bed on the gamepad.

I feel like at least for Wii U, it's not as much of an issue with them being hackable. The 3ds, however, is a different story.

^That's why I don't understand all the commotion about the eShop closing. Hacking the 3DS is very easy and I've heard the Wii U is now just as easy. If they are literally taking away the ability to purchase games, no one should feel bad about installing CFW on their systems and going to town

Oops, I meant to post this sooner. Code for 7-day trial of NSO if anyone wants it, expires tomorrow:

E09PHB8SFPHW0216

Not sure if this helps anyone, BUT...

I walked into a Falling Prices today after work.  Falling Prices is a place that sells what appears to be Amazon, Target, and other returns -- they buy in lots and sell stuff in their stores.  The gimmick is that new shipments go on sale on Tuesday, and drop in price all week long... $6, $5, $4, $3, $2, $1, 25 cents... something like that.

I wandered into the local one and found a box of video games.  There were some PS4 titles, and a pile of Switch games for $6 each.  Puyo Puyo Tetris, Balan Wonderland, Wheel of Fortune, Monopoly, Family Game Night, Overcooked 2, and some basic shovelware.  I grabbed some stuff for nieces/nephews later in the year, but I thought I'd mention it.

I'm fairly sure the selection is highly dependent on region, but it wouldn't hurt to look. These were in Sacramento, CA.

I have a place just like that that opened last year; I go there almost every weekend. As far as actual games I've only found Aladdin/Lion King and Cyberpunk. But I have gotten a bunch of other gaming accessories and such, including some flash cartridges for different consoles and some NTAG215 cards for making your own Amiibo cards. (I've seen full sets of Animal Crossing cards too, but I don't play it so I didn't have any use for them.)

https://twitter.com/8BitDo/status/1564629014102216706?t=IEpPO8vVvEQ0poGNLdesiQ&s=19
Will it wake the Switch up from Sleep? This is the single biggest missing feature imo and I have seen other 3rd party Switch controllers able to do it but never 8BitDO.

I'm not sure if that one works for Switch at all. I was looking at a YouTube video for it and it only listed Xbox, PC, and Raspberry Pi.
I notice that too, but this is making the rounds (reddit, nintendo news, etc) saying it's compatible with the switch. Whatever the case, I'm fine with my official pro controller.

bread's done
Back