Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I'm streaming some Return to Monkey Island, if you want to see it in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. Liking it a lot so far and the way it plays with the ending of Monkey Island to set up this sequel is a fun way to turn that on its head. Excited to play more of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m in nerd heaven right now. Used my Analogue Super nt to dump a few SNES games that I loaded to my Analogue Pocket. Tecmo Super Bowl on the go, at last. Well, I have a Sega Nomad but this screen is a beauty.

I’m in nerd heaven right now. Used my Analogue Super nt to dump a few SNES games that I loaded to my Analogue Pocket. Tecmo Super Bowl on the go, at last. Well, I have a Sega Nomad but this screen is a beauty.
I have my modded PSP Go for that functionality (specifically TSB on the go.) :p

I've heard that the Analogue pocket is terrific though.

I think they have hacked versions of Tecmo Bowl with updated rosters, for those interested. Check out ROMhacking.net for more information.

I think they have hacked versions of Tecmo Bowl with updated rosters, for those interested. Check out ROMhacking.net for more information.
Yeah. There is a very active community for Tecmo still. That game really holds up remarkably well over time, still great gameplay and tremendous fun to play against other people.

I've never really seen deals for either of the family plans. Probably because it's easy enough to find 7 other people and split the cost, so they don't wanna sell it even cheaper. I only split it with 3 others but we still only pay $20 each yearly for the Switch online expansion

I've never really seen deals for either of the family plans. Probably because it's easy enough to find 7 other people and split the cost, so they don't wanna sell it even cheaper. I only split it with 3 others but we still only pay $20 each yearly for the Switch online expansion
Like briandadude said, a couple years ago they were $20 at Target, but I haven't paid close attention since. You may have a point about why they've dried up.

I'm streaming Shovel Knight Dig, if you want to see it in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's a fun mix of Shovel Knight and Downwell, as you're going on a roguelite adventure down a big hole after the Drill Knight that has stolen an important bag of yours. Along the way, you'll face a lot of enemies, some bosses, and many side rooms that can help you get stronger or richer. When you die, you lose three bags of money and can go back up to buy some upgrades, shortcuts, or unlock items that can show up on your next run.

Hey gang, question about Pikmin 3...

Did anyone have issues moving the characters around with the joycon? I don't have drift or anything, but it feels like there's some sort of resistance at times (the fixed camera areas) when trying to change directions. So much so they'll jerk about or stop dead in their tracks. Later on in the game when you can pan the camera around it alleviates the problem a bit allowing you to use two sticks for mobility.

I don't remember the Wii U version having that issue, but it's been years since I played it.

Hey gang, question about Pikmin 3...

Did anyone have issues moving the characters around with the joycon? I don't have drift or anything, but it feels like there's some sort of resistance at times (the fixed camera areas) when trying to change directions. So much so they'll jerk about or stop dead in their tracks. Later on in the game when you can pan the camera around it alleviates the problem a bit allowing you to use two sticks for mobility.

I don't remember the Wii U version having that issue, but it's been years since I played it.
I never had that issue playing on switch

My wife just got a Switch so I am looking for recommendations on third party wireless controllers before I splurge on the official pro version.
8BitDo controllers are my go to on the go controllers when I don't want to bring one of my pricey Pro controllers out. They lack some features like not being able to turn the console from sleep, but comfort wise and d-pad especially it's fantastic. Everytime there's an Amazon Warehouse 20% off sale or more you can usually get one that's damaged box for $30 or less.

I certainly love my 8bitdo Pro 2. Full disclosure, a handful of people have said they experience lag when using it on a Switch, but I've never noticed any on my end.

Shovel Knight Dig is a lot of fun, but as a Rogue-like it can be frustrated going early.  You really don't gain many things that will make your runs easier by default, it's more like Dead Cells in that you unlock things that *can* drop in your future runs.  And none of them are really OP and make a night and day difference by themselves.  Until you can survive long enough to gather several upgrades, you are going to hit a skill wall.  You will always start with the same health and same magic, any upgrades are for that run only with the exception of armor, and you have to get pretty good to unlock the blacksmith.

Unless you really like games that smack you in the face right away, be sure to check out the Accessibility settings.  Note this menu doesn't appear on the main settings menu, you have to get to it in the in-game settings.  You can increase your starting health, damage you do, game speed, and food and gem luck.  The default four health when practically everything takes a full bubble until you get armor is a little ... ambitious.  The game is way more fun when you feel comfortable taking a few more risks for cogs and secret stuff.  Save the default settings for after you "git gud".

Shovel Knight Dig is a lot of fun, but as a Rogue-like it can be frustrated going early. You really don't gain many things that will make your runs easier by default, it's more like Dead Cells in that you unlock things that *can* drop in your future runs. And none of them are really OP and make a night and day difference by themselves. Until you can survive long enough to gather several upgrades, you are going to hit a skill wall. You will always start with the same health and same magic, any upgrades are for that run only with the exception of armor, and you have to get pretty good to unlock the blacksmith.

Unless you really like games that smack you in the face right away, be sure to check out the Accessibility settings. Note this menu doesn't appear on the main settings menu, you have to get to it in the in-game settings. You can increase your starting health, damage you do, game speed, and food and gem luck. The default four health when practically everything takes a full bubble until you get armor is a little ... ambitious. The game is way more fun when you feel comfortable taking a few more risks for cogs and secret stuff. Save the default settings for after you "git gud".
I had no idea about the accessibility menu but that would've helped me at the beginning for sure. I just finished the game last night. It's fun but very short, and beyond a few relics/armor blueprints, I don't care to keep playing enough just to try to get feats. There's allegedly a secret ending, but if you're having problems with the base skill level, don't bother trying--the requirements get pretty ridiculous and depend on RNG for rooms. It's a good game but not worth the full $25 IMO.

I had no idea about the accessibility menu but that would've helped me at the beginning for sure. I just finished the game last night. It's fun but very short, and beyond a few relics/armor blueprints, I don't care to keep playing enough just to try to get feats. There's allegedly a secret ending, but if you're having problems with the base skill level, don't bother trying--the requirements get pretty ridiculous and depend on RNG for rooms. It's a good game but not worth the full $25 IMO.
The replay value is where it gains its value, but if you aren't into that then yeah it is too short. Six biomes/bosses, plus a seventh enemy-free one connected to the "true ending". Yeah, the true ending has pretty high requirements on luck and skill like how fragile the skeleton key is (not as bad as the glass key though). The timer on the bomb means you can't do anything but dash and hope the cave isn't at the end like the one time I got to it.

I would have preferred the accessibility menu to be an earned skill tree though rather than being semi-hidden and just turned on. Part of the fun of Rogue-likes is finding/buying upgrades that make future runs a little bit easier.

My wife just got a Switch so I am looking for recommendations on third party wireless controllers before I splurge on the official pro version.
I got one of the PowerA controllers from Walmart as a gift from the wife after telling her I wanted a pro controller and I was bummed at first but after trying it out I can say I am completely satisfied with it. The only issue I have seen is that the controller doesn't seem to charge while the switch is in sleep mode, but other than that I think it's a great cheaper alternative.

I am a fan of parallel thumbsticks so I like the 8BitDO SN30+ controller. I use a pro controller to wake the Switch up from sleep and then swap to the 8BitDO controller.

I got annoyed at my launch pro controller's battery completely dying about 2.5 years in and got an 8bitdo SN30+, which has been fantastic and is a good bit cheaper. 

I'm streaming this new chill sim RPG potion crafting game called Potion Permit, if you want to see it in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. I'm liking Potion Permit a good bit so far since it replaces the farming aspects of many of these games in the genre with potion-making for medical purposes, as you'll get patients coming in with issues that you need to diagnose via weird rhythm minigames and then make potions to cure those ailments. I'm still early, so I only have the first version of the cauldron and am lacking the other stations in my workshop. You do still have to go around and collect ingredients for your potions with some occasional animals that are mostly harmless outside of the bears I've seen that are easily killed for up to two ingredients you can use for potions. The way you make potions is neat, though very loose early on as each potion gives you a grid with which to lay down the puzzle pieces that different ingredients offer. The early recipes allow any type of ingredient as long as the puzzle pieces fit and is under the item number limit, so they're easy enough to make. I suspect later recipes will be limited by ingredient types and have smaller or maybe bigger limits to make you put more work into gathering ingredients. There are also relationships to increase with other people on the island and some are romanceable. You can get upgrades to your tools and your workshop in two of the stores in town, which require a lot of money and wood/rock materials to acquire to pad out the game a bit.

I'm enjoying it a lot so far, though on PC this game has a fair bit of bugs that are minor at the moment. The worst I've seen are it showing Yellow Numbers in the codex for new entries, but some of them don't disappear after scrolling through the list. One of the townsfolk is position in his shop so that the left side of his text is off-screen, though it doesn't really affect anything meaningful. The devs seem to be working on this stuff and improving the game, which it has plenty of little things that would be nice to be fixed. It's hard to keep track of when the various shops open and close, which don't show up on the map and I'd like to see that happen versus just having to memorize everything. You also can't save whenever, as it's done at the beginning of the day.

I got one of the PowerA controllers from Walmart as a gift...
Walmart has a third party (I think it might be Onn brand?) switch charger that is usb-c and does a great job of charging the system, pro controllers, and will even run the dock. I want to think it's just $12... and it's a travel charger so the prongs flip up into the body of the charger which make it idea for the road. I keep one next to where I sit in the living room and another beside the bed. That controller of yours I believe is also USB-C so it would work with this. Also is great for charging phones.

I got annoyed at my launch pro controller's battery completely dying about 2.5 years in and got an 8bitdo SN30+, which has been fantastic and is a good bit cheaper.
That's surprising. I bought mine right around the launch as well and it's still going like a champ. I only ever charge it when it gives me the alert that it needs charged. Mine still lasts a long time between charges.

Ok, this is weird...as I said earlier my left joycon doesn't have drift, but movement in Pikmin 3 is herky jerky, and now I discovered when trying to move through the shop in Mario Odyssey, it doesn't always want to go right. Problem is though, out of the like ten games or so I've played, those are the only instances of there being an issue. Like I can't move through the shop normally, but when I exit...Mario controls just fine in all directions.

Ok, this is weird...as I said earlier my left joycon doesn't have drift, but movement in Pikmin 3 is herky jerky, and now I discovered when trying to move through the shop in Mario Odyssey, it doesn't always want to go right. Problem is though, out of the like ten games or so I've played, those are the only instances of there being an issue. Like I can't move through the shop normally, but when I exit...Mario controls just fine in all directions.
Buddy, if that ain't drift, you might honestly have something interrupting the wireless signal

The Switch wireless connections are awful, in my experience. Direct line of sight is required, and if you're beyond 10 feet, good luck.

Try out the testing menu in the settings. It might help you see if it's drifting or losing connection.

Everything checked out calibration-wise, even updated both joycons this evening, still there. The fact that it's only present in two specific instances doesn't have me worried too much, just find it odd. I'll check the line of sight tonight, I doubt it's that though as I was experiencing the issues in handheld mode as well. Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

Walmart has a third party (I think it might be Onn brand?) switch charger that is usb-c and does a great job of charging the system, pro controllers, and will even run the dock. I want to think it's just $12... .
Right on, thank you, I’ll try it out! Also wanted to add since I saw someone else mention it, this controller I have turns on the switch from sleep mode as well.

My favorite switch controller is a WiiU pro controllers and the 8bitdo wireless adapter.
I was lucky enough to grab one of the WiiU Pro controllers when my regular walmart was liquidating their stock of WiiU items. I paid $20 or $25. Whatever it was I regretted not grabbing the other one they had later which was a return. I did get another off brand (hyperkin maybe?) wireless pro controller for like $10. Also the updated Wii-u branded wii controllers with wii motion plus built in which came in various mario character themes. They were $10 each and I bought five or six of them. Also grabbed four of the $5 wii-u branded black nunchucks, a $1 rock candy nunchuck, the upgraded wii-u sensor bar, and a few other things. Such good times being able to stock up on this stuff.

Why didn’t you just buy a new battery for the Pro Controller? Ifixit even has step by step instructions to replace it. As long as you can use a screwdriver, you can do it.

I need a refresher on buying games from other territories. If you switch to Argentina (where Shatter will be stupidly cheap), buy Shatter on pre-order, then switch back to the United States, will the game still download to your system once it's been released? I went through this once with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game, but it's been a while and I just want to make sure I'm doing this right. Also, what's the chance your system and/or account will be banned by country hopping?

I need a refresher on buying games from other territories. If you switch to Argentina (where Shatter will be stupidly cheap), buy Shatter on pre-order, then switch back to the United States, will the game still download to your system once it's been released? I went through this once with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game, but it's been a while and I just want to make sure I'm doing this right. Also, what's the chance your system and/or account will be banned by country hopping?
Very little chance of bans, but from recent experience you can’t switch regions with a pre-order set (that one free Nier Automata DLC has been really getting under my skin this month) unless it releases or you cancel it.

Got an email alert from Deku Deals that the Pro Controller dropped to $30 on Amazon, and by the time I got there...nope, if it even did.
I happened to check the recent price drops on physical switch stuff yesterday and saw the deal when it was live. It was a third party seller (DealTavern I think) and the feedback they have is pretty mixed with some horrible situations where people get the wrong region items, used items instead of new, and so on. I considered too high a risk and not a deal or I would have jumped on it myself and then posted here about it.

Hopefully that's some comfort that you didn't miss anything.

Got an email alert from Deku Deals that the Pro Controller dropped to $30 on Amazon, and by the time I got there...nope, if it even did.
I Bought four of mine from Amazon Warehouse when they randomly pop up for around $35. They've all been listed as Good to Very Good, but have come in new condition 3 of the 4 times (the one time was just the charging cable wasn't wound up, but the controller still had the little white baggie and clear cellophane on the top.

The thing to watch out for with pro controllers is there are some really convincing fakes out there now that even have the nfc readers built in.  There are still ways to tell which are real and aren't but it's no longer as easy as trying to read an amiibo.

bread's done
Back