Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-anniversary-edition-switch/

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition is out now for Switch for $69.99. It's $49.99 on every other platform where it runs and looks better.
Of note, if you have the original switch version you can upgrade to the Anniversary Edition for $19.99 ... and of course the Switch version is the only one with the Zelda gear.

I wonder though if it really does run better (it should look better) as the original Switch release fixed some of the areas where there was lag on the other systems (including PC) and was overall more stable.

Anyone have trouble buying right now via the eshop?

Getting this page when I try to check out using eshop credit for the cuphead game.

I even tried doing it in incognito mode...

Screenshot-20221003-121532-Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So Nintendo has shipped the other part of my Xenoblade 3 set, but since the game came out I’ve moved. I contacted Nintendo a few weeks ago about changing my address and they’re like “sorry, we can’t since the order is already processed, please contact the shipping partner when it ships.” Ok fine, fast forward, I get my shipping confirmation and go to change my address through UPS and now they say I can’t change my address due to restrictions from the sender. Thankfully I only moved 20min away from my old neighborhood and one of my old neighbors can hold it for me, but what the hell? I can’t imagine if I’d move out of state how annoying it would be to get it sent to me. Is this just another weird Nintendo thing? Anyone else go through something similar?

Anyone else go through something similar?
Does UPS actually handle the final delivery or is it passed to the USPS where your change of address you did when you moved should hopefully catch it?

Generally you can request UPS to hold items at the UPS stores for pick-up. Of course, if you don't have one nearby...
This is another solid option. Hopefully you have a store nearby.

If not that one of the google results in a search I did says:

Can I Pick Up Package From UPS Before Delivery? - Bay Citizen
Yes! UPS allows its customer to hold the package for later and pick it up from the UPS customer center. You can call 1-800-742-5877 ...

So if you don't have a regular ups store, you should be able to get it from the customer center (where packages are sorted for the trucks as well as where you can take items to ship).

Also as noted you can also have it delivered to the neighbor that said they'd hold it for you.

I have all of those options, but UPS website won’t let me change to those options and the reason it says it won’t is that the sender has put restrictions on the package. So I’m just waiting on a reply from UPS customer service, but most likely my neighbor will have to take it for me. It’s just weird, I’ve never had this much trouble re routing a package before.

I have all of those options, but UPS website won’t let me change to those options and the reason it says it won’t is that the sender has put restrictions on the package. So I’m just waiting on a reply from UPS customer service, but most likely my neighbor will have to take it for me. It’s just weird, I’ve never had this much trouble re routing a package before.
Try contacting Nintendo again and ask them to remove the shipping restrictions. I have had this done with other companies that also ship in a similar manner.

Did we really need two tweets saying the same thing, only with the second to offer fewer details?

Did we really need to repost both of them here?

I don't think we even need a Nintendo Direct that is just going to talk about the movie which comes out in six months.  I understand they need to build hype, but I don't intend on watching... especially since they made it clear there was no game footage.   They could still announce a game and if that happens I'm sure someone will say something.

Did we really need two tweets saying the same thing, only with the second to offer fewer details?

Did we really need to repost both of them here?
Frisky is posting the official tweets from Nintendo. I appreciate them. I don't use Twitter and would otherwise not know about them if not for him.

I’m just wondering if the second one was necessary since it adds literally nothing to the first. But then I’m also biased, as embedded tweets tend to load after the rest of the page on mobile and always screw up finding new posts, so I kind of hate them.

I’m just wondering if the second one was necessary since it adds literally nothing to the first. But then I’m also biased, as embedded tweets tend to load after the rest of the page on mobile and always screw up finding new posts, so I kind of hate them.
I think this may just be a case of frisky using a bot to scrapes for announcements on both the official nintendo twitter and the one for the mario movie and it automatically posts them here.

I think this may just be a case of frisky using a bot to scrapes for announcements on both the official nintendo twitter and the one for the mario movie and it automatically posts them here.
The fuck? I don't use anything like that. I just saw the direct tweet and then saw one with the full poster later, but I don't have images on by default so I didn't notice anything more than the Direct part of the image and that it had the whole poster on top.

Souffrir just hates me and has attacked me often when I've posted deals and such in my Nintendo thread and in here for years, so you don't need to give them any attention at all. Same thing as the troll in the PlayStation thread. There's a reason I was happy to stop running the threads.

Wait, what? I’m sorry if you feel attacked because I don’t like embedded tweets, man, but I literally only remember one time I argued with you and that was over a misunderstanding. And also years ago, at that.

Now steering back to normal convo, any thoughts on the Mario design for the movie based off the leak?

https://twitter.com/ConnorEatsPants/status/1577529389146841088?t=s-F9masMtisIy_iamDnzoA&s=19

Target is currently offering a $25 off deal if you buy Animal Crossing and the Happy Home DLC.  However, it appears that instead of just giving you $25 off, the deal is actually giving you $49.99 off if you:

* Add Animal Crossing (digital or physical) to your cart

https://www.target.com/p/animal-crossing-new-horizons-nintendo-switch/-/A-82486780

* Add the DLC to your cart 

https://www.target.com/p/animal-crossing-new-horizons-happy-home-paradise-game-add-on-nintendo-switch-digital/-/A-84729964

* Check out.  The basket will show the discount and a final price of $34.99 + tax.

I'm not sure what's going on, exactly.  I thought Target had assigned the $24.99 discount to BOTH titles in the bundle, but some folks are saying you can actually purchase MULTIPLE copies of the DLC and the price remains just $34.99, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on.  A pricing error would appear to be in place -- or there is a limit to the number of discounts in an order?

If you get the digital copy, you'll also get a total of 425 back in gold points ($4.25)... so you're effectively paying $30.74 for Animal Crossing and the DLC.

Didn't realize it worked on digital animal crossing as well. Pretty good glitch.
I added the deal to my cart -- and the discount appears to be prorated across both titles... but, yes, it looks like it would let you order 10 copies of the DLC and the price doesn't change.

I'm not going to do that, but the cart acts like it would allow the transaction to go through.

Edit: Weirdly enough, I just noticed that the MORE DLC codes you have in the cart, the CHEAPER the final price -- each extra copy drops the price by 20-50 cents. I suppose that's a side effect of pro-rating.

All those Wario64 followers adding 10 codes to cart is a sure fire way for this to end quickly.
Why would ANYONE purchase 10 copies of the DLC? (Cough)

I feel like there is a fine line between purchasing something with a doubled discount, and purchasing 10 copies at the same discount in order to resell them.

NOW they've fixed it -- it looks like the changed the discount to $12.50 off on BOTH Animal Crossing and the DLC, but only if you add both to your cart.

Why would ANYONE purchase 10 copies of the DLC? (Cough)

I feel like there is a fine line between purchasing something with a doubled discount, and purchasing 10 copies at the same discount in order to resell them.
Judging by new eBay listings, people went crazy buying these things. The market is saturated. Even the game sale Reddit is getting flooded.

This greed is also what kills deals faster. If no one has ever bought 10 of these at once and then suddenly you have hundreds of orders coming then red flags instantly go up and they shut that down.

So we have a Scarlet and Violet video AND a Mario movie Direct on the same day? Interesting...all the love Gen 2 Pokemon are getting in Scarlet and Violet just supports my hope of a Gold/Silver remake, followed by a port of Colosseum/XD Gale of Darkness. 

So we have a Scarlet and Violet video AND a Mario movie Direct on the same day? Interesting...all the love Gen 2 Pokemon are getting in Scarlet and Violet just supports my hope of a Gold/Silver remake, followed by a port of Colosseum/XD Gale of Darkness.
Considering I just went out of my way to get a gba link cable and gba again so I can move my pokemon from those up stream that sure would be nice of them to do ports of colosseum and gale of darkness. I would actually pay real money to be able to move shadow lugia and keep it in the newer games.

I’m so confused by animal crossings weird restrictions.

I just bought the DLC for $5 (125 coins back!) from an eBay seller.

My kid plays on the main switch. She would get the dlc on the main one.

Now if I play on my secondary switch (physical cart), will I also be able to access the DLC? and id have my own island right? Not share one with her?

If I buy AC digitally will I be able to play 2 islands on different switches?

I’m so confused by animal crossings weird restrictions.

I just bought the DLC for $5 (125 coins back!) from an eBay seller.

My kid plays on the main switch. She would get the dlc on the main one.

Now if I play on my secondary switch (physical cart), will I also be able to access the DLC? and id have my own island right? Not share one with her?

If I buy AC digitally will I be able to play 2 islands on different switches?
On the primary Switch anyone can use the DLC. On the secondary only the Nintendo ID/user that the DLC was redeemed to can use it as long as no digital games are being played by that ID on the primary Switch.

If you buy AC digitally anyone can play it on the primary Switch. On the secondary only the Nintendo ID/user that bought it can play it. Again as long as that same ID isn’t using a digital game on the primary Switch.

And yea each Switch gets its own island.

bread's done
Back