Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Figured I should drop info on a very cheap nsw accessory ($12.99, prime members) while the price is still live.  My nephews are the kind of kids that rage when you beat them in a mario party minigame and throw my pro controller across the room into a brick fireplace. Thus, I keep an eye out for cheap accessories.

The pictures look like its only for v1-v2 but I can confirm it is compatible with both v1-v2 and oled (I tried it out on each).  The rear cutouts match v1-v2.  The oled speakers/vents are slightly blocked but there's enough downward space that it's not much of a factor.

In-hand, it feels a lot like Hori pro pads but without the stand up pegs on the back.  It has the advantage of having rumble and two rear paddles on each side (as opposed to just 1 on the pro pads).  But the other inputs, unsurprisingly, are better on the $50 pro pads - especially the triggers.  I think the product mainly tries to compete with a similar $30+ nexigo model, but I haven't tried that one to voice any comparison.

I consider a L dpad a must have and formerly referred people to the $20 Hori left joypads at the cheapest point of entry.  This all-in-one grip is larger but superior since the inputs aren't as floaty (dpad) or squishy ( - / + ) and the Hori's.  Of course the one thing that I cannot comment on is durability, as I just had it delivered today. The one negative review is probably from someone who didn't "enable wired pro controller" in the system settings beforehand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of accessories, the Flip Grip is back in stock for $15, and will have free shipping until Monday. Love this thing, nice little grip to hold your Switch screen vertically for arcade-style games and the like. Absolutely essential for Groove Coaster.

Unfortunately it’s just OG Switch only for now, it fits a bit too tight, unsecure, and too potentially scratchy for an OLED sadly.

https://www.fangamer.com/products/flip-grip?_pos=1&_sid=f71eb6fdc&_ss=r

Speaking of accessories, the Flip Grip is back in stock for $15, and will have free shipping until Monday. Love this thing, nice little grip to hold your Switch screen vertically for arcade-style games and the like. Absolutely essential for Groove Coaster.

Unfortunately it’s just OG Switch only for now, it fits a bit too tight, unsecure, and too potentially scratchy for an OLED sadly.

https://www.fangamer.com/products/flip-grip?_pos=1&_sid=f71eb6fdc&_ss=r
Is this planned to be in stock for the foreseeable future or will they stop selling it when they run out of stock?

For the flip grip, I took some sandpaper and worked on both sides for a little bit and now my oled gotta without a problem. It looks well, like someone used sandpaper on it, but I'm OK with that

If someone needs Fire Emblem: Three Houses Expansion Pass (just the pass),

I bought it from gamestop cause it's on sale and then it said I already had it on my account.

So...DM me for the code if you need it.

gone

They're doing it again. 12 free games from No Gravity Games if you claim them each day.
Starts December 5th.

https://twitter.com/NoGravity_Games/status/1597644057492193296?s=20&t=UER1AZPa5K00w3piXXb64w

List of all their games. We all probably own most of them by now:
https://www.dekudeals.com/games?filter[publisher]=No+Gravity+Games

They're doing it again. 12 free games from No Gravity Games if you claim them each day.
Starts December 5th.

https://twitter.com/NoGravity_Games/status/1597644057492193296?s=20&t=UER1AZPa5K00w3piXXb64w

List of all their games. We all probably own most of them by now:
https://www.dekudeals.com/games?filter[publisher]=No+Gravity+Games
Thanks for the heads up, I own the first three days already that they show. I’m assuming from previous giveaways.

https://nogravitygames.com/xmas-giveaway/

Thanks for the heads up, I own the first three days already that they show. I’m assuming from previous giveaways.

https://nogravitygames.com/xmas-giveaway/
I'm hoping they include Primal Light in this years giveaway but they just releases it in November so I doubt it.
Will you Snail and Flippin Kaktus would be cool too.

I was playing Golden Force recently and its a fun game. Got it from last years' giveaway.

The first three games they revealed I already own from last years' giveaway.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1598151413586173953
There is also a limited time Tera battle starting today through the weekend where you can catch a charizard that is a fire/ dragon type. Only catch is you have to complete some post game tasks to unlock the black crystal Tera battles to even be able to attempt the battle. Only way for those like myself who have not finished the game yet is to join a multiplayer co-op or a link code to join the fight. If any generous CAGs who have finished the game could invite me, I’d appreciate it.

Forward to the Sky, on 80% discount, is still more expensive than the Steam version at full price. Probably recommend not getting that one...
There is added content from the Steam version(not 6x the price worth lol), but still this is the most ridiculous 'Switch tax' release I know of.

Balloon fight vs and Donkey Kong, both arcade archive games are so good I can't put them down. Moving up in the leaderboards too. The old games never get old. Several on sale and already had Super Mario Bros vs it's a must even at full price but it's one of the ones on sale as well.

Balloon fight vs and Donkey Kong, both arcade archive games are so good I can't put them down. Moving up in the leaderboards too. The old games never get old. Several on sale and already had Super Mario Bros vs it's a must even at full price but it's one of the ones on sale as well.
Bought the Nintendo arcade games, Sky Skipper and super Mario Bros vs. at full price in a heartbeat when first available. Debating the rest of vs. lineup while they are on sale. Any of them that are must haves?

I want Sonic Origins, but it's kind of a hard sell after playing the games so many times on so many different systems (and that's just including the official releases >_>). And like half the music from my favorite game isn't even in the collection..

I played about an hour of Penny Punching Princess. This game was not for me at all. First of all it's a kind of Cladun like action game with a silly story starring a princess and her calculator. This is used to bribe enemies and other things to get help on the battlefield. The graphics are pretty nice being simple 2D sprites and animations. There is some slowdown in handheld mode, which is kind of annoying. The main gimmick other than a pretty basic and repetitive fighting system of strong/weak/dodge and a few other techniques is you being able to pull out a calculator and bribe enemies to join your side. They end up joining as a skill button doing some stuff like attacking or a heart guy who heals you. Frankly it controlled OK, although the buttons for the calculator interface were messy and a bit hard to work with in a heated battle. The music is alright as well as the sound effects. Everything makes for a possibly decent package, but it just didn't feel very fun and was already heading into the super repetitive territory. It may be fun for some to read the silly story and speed run the game or whatever, but I was losing interest as the hour ended. Just to be fair I was never a major fan of the Cladun titles either. This is a pick up and play type game where you do some repetitive stuff for a level or two. 6/10

I've asked elsewhere but received no response. Quick question: is Pocky and Rocky worth $21, or should I wait for a future sale? I haven't been able to pull the trigger on a purchase.

I bought Poison Control recently when it was cheap. It's about what I expected, generic anime girl shooter. You clean up/purge a hell that each girl created and earn different guns and shit from collecting items in each level. For what I paid ($5?) it's not bad. It doesn't last too long and I finished it which is more than I can say for some other games. The story is also ok, but nothing special. Keep in mind there are some framerate issues in later levels and it froze for a few seconds for me at times, so the switch version does have some minor technical issues but the levels are short enough that it'd benefit from a handheld experience

I bought Poison Control recently when it was cheap. It's about what I expected, generic anime girl shooter. You clean up/purge a hell that each girl created and earn different guns and shit from collecting items in each level. For what I paid ($5?) it's not bad. It doesn't last too long and I finished it which is more than I can say for some other games. The story is also ok, but nothing special. Keep in mind there are some framerate issues in later levels and it froze for a few seconds for me at times, so the switch version does have some minor technical issues but the levels are short enough that it'd benefit from a handheld experience
Does it feel like Qix?

The first 3 are all repeats from last year.
Nope. Maybe from the year before though. I got all of the games from last year and I do not have any of these yet.

Unless they did this again in the summer or something when I got free games? I don't remember.

This is good for those of us that missed the whole "chain sequence" purchasing process from last year
This includes me. Last year I had a death in the family in late november and december was a blur (wasn't even remotely thinking about videogames). I ended up just giving my kids cash for christmas I was so out of it.

I didn't have Exorder from the previous year christmas event (which I did participate in).

Here is the list of the 18 games they gave away last year.  They also had a smaller promotion sometime in the middle of the year (maybe an anniversary promotion) which also had some duplicates:

Creepy Tale – 12/1/21

Star Horizon – 12/2/21

Strike Force Kitty – 12/3/21

Make War – 12/6/21

Kickerinho World – 12/7/21

Graviter – 12/8/21

Powertris – 12/9/21

Exorder – 12/10/21

Connection Haunted – 12/13/21

Rawr-Off – 12/14/21

Picklock – 12/15/21

Pool Pro Gold – 12/16/21

Apparition – 12/17/21

Connection reHaunted – 12/20/21

Drag Racing Rivals – 12/21/21

Golden Force – 12/22/21

Destropolis – 12/23/21

Alder's Blood: Definitive Edition – 12/24/21

Keep in mind most of these games are typical Switch shovelware with the occasional decent title, so don't feel like you're missing much if you forget a day.

Keep in mind most of these games are typical Switch shovelware with the occasional decent title, so don't feel like you're missing much if you forget a day.
That's where they get you. You have to have the previous game in your account to get the next game.

I don’t bother with these garbage games and dislike how much people post about them. We are promoting their garbage games for free just as they want and manipulating the sales charts to dupe others into thinking “popular - must be good!”.

I don’t bother with these garbage games and dislike how much people post about them. We are promoting their garbage games for free just as they want and manipulating the sales charts to dupe others into thinking “popular - must be good!”.
Not everybody thinks they're "garbage," and this thread is not entirely for your sake. I doubt anyone could care less whether you like us discussing free games.

Not everybody thinks they're "garbage," and this thread is not entirely for your sake. I doubt anyone could care less whether you like us discussing free games.
Just mentioned it in case people don't realize they are being used as marketing pawns. Carry on.

Would be great if the "deal" got its own thread so this thread isn't bumped everyday for it. I know that this site has turned into one thread per platform but just a thought.

Not likely but I've hoped that Wallachia Reign of Dracula would make it into one of these free game chain events from No Gavity Games.  If they give away a bunch of other games I have to get first in order to possibly get one I actually want... I'm ok with it.  Exorder itself looks like it's worth at least trying once.

Just mentioned it in case people don't realize they are being used as marketing pawns. Carry on.

Would be great if the "deal" got its own thread so this thread isn't bumped everyday for it. I know that this site has turned into one thread per platform but just a thought.
That makes sense. Do not post eShop deals in the eShop deals thread if the game is not good enough! Someone needs to create a second eShop deals thread for games not good enough for briandadude so instead of looking in one thread for deals we have to waste time looking in two threads. Brilliant! What should be the minimum review score of games for this thread? Only 6/10 games and up?

Dude, Brian, we haven't had like regular big posts of eshop deals since Frisky retired and we've always discussed random stuff. If all you care about is the latest price drops without any fluff... just bookmark DekuDeals and sort by most recent price drop. You can even refine it to just games above a certain meta score or whatever criteria you want.

This will get you started:
https://www.dekudeals.com/eshop-sales

If you want to track physical sales, this is my link that sorts everything by the most recent pricedrops:

https://www.dekudeals.com/recent-drops?filter[format]=physical&sort=recent_drop

These are the 5 games that they included in their Birthday giveaway last summer:

Nova-111 – 7/11/22

Destropolis = 7/12/22

Nonograms Prophecy – 7/13/22

Splashy Cube -7/14/22

Star Horizon – 7/15/22

A couple were repeats from their 2021 Holiday giveaway.

bread's done
Back