Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
These are the 5 games that they included in their Birthday giveaway last summer:

Nova-111 – 7/11/22

Destropolis = 7/12/22

Nonograms Prophecy – 7/13/22

Splashy Cube -7/14/22

Star Horizon – 7/15/22

A couple were repeats from their 2021 Holiday giveaway.
Yea, those were the free games I got. I never got the ones last Christmas giveaway. I have my fingers crossed that they will give away Okinawa Rush this year.

Companies frequently give away free stuff, and it's very rarely for purely altruistic reasons. If you wanna reduce anyone who partakes to a "pawn" then that's on you.

For the free games, when they did this christmas 2020 (I believe), most of the games included initially were not on sale at all.

Looking at their library of games on the eshop, the games not on sale:

Nova-111

Creepy Tale (Free on the 7th - Wed)

Creepy Tale 2

Supersonic Tank Cats

Graviter (Free on the 6th - Tues

Golden Force

Destropolis

Powertris

Pool Pro GOLD

Star Horizon

Strike Force Kitty

Exorder (Today's, Mon 5th, game)

Unironically that's 12 games total.  So no Tanuki Justice (on sale $5.99) , Wallachia (sale $4.49), or Okinawa Rush (sale $9.99)

For the free games, when they did this christmas 2020 (I believe), most of the games included initially were not on sale at all.

Looking at their library of games on the eshop, the games not on sale:

Nova-111

Creepy Tale (Free on the 7th - Wed)

Creepy Tale 2

Supersonic Tank Cats

Graviter (Free on the 6th - Tues

Golden Force

Destropolis

Powertris

Pool Pro GOLD

Star Horizon

Strike Force Kitty

Exorder (Today's, Mon 5th, game)

Unironically that's 12 games total. So no Tanuki Justice (on sale $5.99) , Wallachia (sale $4.49), or Okinawa Rush (sale $9.99)
Nice catch!

So out of that list the only ones I don't have are Creepy Tale 2 and Supersonic Tank Cats.

I guess this was bound to happen since they've given away so many.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got one of these falling prices stores near me (thrift store with set prices each day), and I've found a full set of unofficial Zelda series Amiibo cards for five bucks, and some Metroid ones. I'm glad to be no longer buying official Amiibo; that shit adds up.

I've got one of these falling prices stores near me (thrift store with set prices each day), and I've found a full set of unofficial Zelda series Amiibo cards for five bucks, and some Metroid ones. I'm glad to be no longer buying official Amiibo; that shit adds up.
do the knock offs look good? you could just make your own too

Are there any Switch bundles with games/accessories currently? Asking for a friend who’s daughter wants one for Christmas.
TheLegendofTyler posted the deal... but I want to make note that you should tell your friend if he wants to get one he needs to order one as soon as possible.

I grabbed Lumines Remastered and Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 before the sale ended the other night. Just got them both installed. I know what I’m playing tonight now!

The new MK8D!! courses are awesome with some great music. Too bad Nintendo is not releasing any new battle mode maps though.

Seems like the new update added a custom items option so you can customize what items you get from drops:

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1600479249516863489

I'm on team "bad game for free isn't a deal," but I come from the PC side of the house who refuses EGS crap and people at least tongue in cheek offer up free garbage.

The argument over quality is a non-starter; it's like when these games were gaming the best of charts for $0.01. You'll know if you know, otherwise it's fluff and I'm more interested in better games, better deals.

Go nuts, I guess. If I learned one thing about dealing with digital libraries on consoles, it's always great to have tons of filler in your "to re-download" list... Sony and the damn demos from the PS3...

Updated prediction list on free No Gravity Games 12 Days of Christmas Event:

1. Exorder (Mon 5th) ... Now $1.99 on Sale
2. Graviter (Tue 6th) ... Now $1.99 on Sale
3. Creepy Tale (Wed 7th) ... Now $1.99 on Sale

4. Destropolis (Thu 8th)... Should go on sale Fri 9th

Remaining games not on sale that are likely the rest of the event:

Creepy Tale 2

Golden Force

Nova-111

Pool Pro GOLD

Powertris

Star Horizon
Strike Force Kitty

Supersonic Tank Cats

Event: https://nogravitygames.com/xmas-giveaway/

All of their Eshop games: https://www.nintendo.com/search/?cat=gme&f=softwarePublisher&softwarePublisher=No%20Gravity%20Games

Looking through each of the likely remaining games, it appears I own them all already.  Which if this holds true, I'm cool with it even though I was hoping for Wallachia ... it's on sale cheap enough I might just grab it with my remaining eshop credit.

As for the quality of these games, I think they are mostly at least decent fun.  This isn't like Preventive Strike or Revenge of the Bird King garbage level stuff that people should avoid.

Daughter is supposed to get a Switch for Christmas. A couple of the main games she wants are on sale. Could she create a Nintendo account and buy them online now or does Nintendo still require the account to have logged into a Switch first?

Daughter is supposed to get a Switch for Christmas. A couple of the main games she wants are on sale. Could she create a Nintendo account and buy them online now or does Nintendo still require the account to have logged into a Switch first?
Account has to be on the Switch first. It's not a bad idea to open it up, create the account for her, do any updates it needs and then purchase the games. That way she can just get started rather than wait for updates and downloads.

I also advise making the account and then doing purchasing via the eShop web interface. It's easier to navigate than the eShop on tht Switch, and the purchase automatically start downloading to the system in either case.

The other option you have is, if the games are on sale through other vendors the same way, buy them there, which will give digital codes in email that can be used to add them to the Switch later. Buy most times the eShop sales aren't mimicked by other storefronts. But it's worth looking, a bunch were last month with the Black Friday Sale.

Account has to be on the Switch first. It's not a bad idea to open it up, create the account for her, do any updates it needs and then purchase the games. That way she can just get started rather than wait for updates and downloads.

I also advise making the account and then doing purchasing via the eShop web interface. It's easier to navigate than the eShop on tht Switch, and the purchase automatically start downloading to the system in either case.

The other option you have is, if the games are on sale through other vendors the same way, buy them there, which will give digital codes in email that can be used to add them to the Switch later. Buy most times the eShop sales aren't mimicked by other storefronts. But it's worth looking, a bunch were last month with the Black Friday Sale.
Thanks! Unfortunately, I am not getting it for her, so I don't have the system. I will glance to see if anybody matched.

But if not, I may be able to have her create her account, activate it on my nephew's Switch so she can get the games, and then when she gets the system, deactivate from my nephew's system and make her system primary. Little more hassle, but sounds possible unless something sounds like wouldn't work. Little out of the loop on Nintendo but they make it seem like it is easier now to use multiple systems and change primary

Odd, yesterday I was looking at the eshop website for those links to the other No Gravity Games titles to make my post and it showed on each of them like I owned them.  Verified with my switch last night and I actually did not own most of the remaining titles.   Not sure why it showed that for me, but maybe it had to do with having multiple tabs open on the eshop?  Whatever the case, double check with your switch.  I went ahead and favorited all of the ones not on sale that I didn't own.

Also played a little of three titles:

Exorder - Turn based strategy game.  I didn't get past the first battle as I couldn't quickly figure out how to attack after moving characters around.  Gave up quick.

Destropolis - interesting arena based dual stick shooter.  Overall I found it pretty decent.

Graviter - physics puzzle game focused on gravity.  I ended up playing this for about 20min.  Solid game.  Well worth the time I put into it and I'd likely attempt to finish this.

I played some River City Girls yesterday with the free weekend demo. It was fun, but it felt a little clunky. Maybe it takes some getting used to, or maybe it's just because I haven't played a beat 'em up in a while.

I played some River City Girls yesterday with the free weekend demo. It was fun, but it felt a little clunky. Maybe it takes some getting used to, or maybe it's just because I haven't played a beat 'em up in a while.

bread's done
Back