Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Portal companion collection I fully understand now why it's the top rated game for the switch. I loved portal on 360 and portal 2 on PS3 but playing them on my switch in 60fps handheld is so much fun. I can't recommend it enough. Once I started playing this morning I played it for over 2 hours and that's not the norm for me with any video game these days.

Is there still a planned physical release for Portal? I want it on Switch but as much as I love this game don't want to buy it for like the fifth time on the eShop then again physically for Switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any Tower Defense games you guys would recommend? Preferably on sale.
I'm no expert on these and I don't really gravitate toward tower defense much, however, though it's been out a long time, I really like X-Morph: Defense. https://www.dekudeals.com/items/x-morph-defense

It's kinda shooter and tower defense mixed. You play as the aliens (X-Morphs) trying to, I guess, mine the earth for resources (basically destroy the earth) and defend yourself against the earth forces trying to stop you. The awesome look of it initially caught my eye, but the gameplay itself is good, too, to me.

This fails your "preferably on sale" criteria, as it isn't right now, but it frequently goes on sale, along with the complete edition that has the dlc.

Anywho, hope that helps.

Old but ninja town on the ds is one of my favorite tower defense games. Grid is another one that I really enjoyed the demo for. Didn't like the actual game as much. But your robot partners comments are mainly what sold me on that one.

The pixel remasters are hit and miss in a lot of ways, but still cool.

I'm also having trouble with the store page for the free game.

Updated: No Gravity Games 12 Days of Christmas Event:

1. Exorder (Mon 5th) ... Now $1.99 on Sale
2. Graviter (Tue 6th) ... Now $1.99 on Sale
3. Creepy Tale (Wed 7th) ... Now $1.99 on Sale
4. Destropolis (Thu 8th)
5. Supersonic Tank Cats (Fri 9th)
6. Strike Force Kitty (Sat 10th)
7. Powertris (Sun 11th)
8. Star Horizon (Mon 12th)

Remaining games not on sale that are likely the rest of the event:

Creepy Tale 2
Golden Force
Nova-111
Pool Pro GOLD

Event: https://nogravitygames.com/xmas-giveaway/
All of their Eshop games: https://www.nintendo.com/search/?cat=gme&f=softwarePublisher&softwarePublisher=No%20Gravity%20Games

Are there any Tower Defense games you guys would recommend? Preferably on sale.
My favorite is the Kingdom Rush series. These were on sale recently and I picked up Kingdom Rush and Kingdom Rush Frontiers. Both play great on the switch. I'd also recommend Pixel Junk Monsters 2, OTTTD: Over The Top Tower Defense, Hell Warders and X-Morph Defense Complete. Unfortunately none are on sale right now but they have all been as low as $2-$3

Defense Grid 2 is also a great game but on the pricey side. I've played that on Xbox.

I'm glad Switch is getting the FF1->6 remakes.   Now, if only they'd do a single compilation release for them physically.  I'd pay full price for that.

Top Games

Sega Ages Phantasy Star: 11 hrs

Cruis'n Blast - 2 hrs

TMNT Shredder's Revenge - 2 hrs

Skyward Sword - 2 hrs

Mario Kart 8 - 1 hr

Lol! The Switch won't get any real play until Zelda next year. 

This confirms what I just realized the other day - I've had my Switch for a year now and I still haven't played any really deep games. Most of my time has been spent in Rocket League, Slay the Spire, Smash Bros., and Dead Cells. Still haven't started on the three Zelda games, Metroid, or Xenoblade yet.

Top Games

1. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - 113 hrs (probably my personal goty, but it did tend to drag near the end)
2. Mario Kart 8 - 81 hrs
3. Ring Fit Adventure - 56 hrs (literally only played this on winter days when it was too damn cold to go to the gym or go running lol)
4. Triangle Strategy - 35 hrs
5. Pokemon Legends Arceus - 27 hrs

At this point it’s pretty clear to me that MK8 has to be my favorite game of all time. Been playing it regularly since the Wii U version first released and it always shows up on these end of year recaps. I play online at least once a week. It would definitely be my one Desert Island game, assuming the island has internet access.

Top Games

1. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - 113 hrs (probably my personal goty, but it did tend to drag near the end)
My game of the year by far. 139 hours. I dont think it dragged near the end but the beginning of Chapter 5 I think it was dragged real bad. Open up a new huge part of the game but instead of exploring I am stuck following people around. Wish it was on a more powerful console but even without it is the best game of 2022.

My game of the year by far. 139 hours. I dont think it dragged near the end but the beginning of Chapter 5 I think it was dragged real bad. Open up a new huge part of the game but instead of exploring I am stuck following people around. Wish it was on a more powerful console but even without it is the best game of 2022.
Oh yeah, I liked it a lot, but I felt that after doing pretty much every side quest and hunting down most of the unique monsters, I was way too overleveled for the last act of the game. I was even starting to run out of jobs to max out for each characters. Battles became a bit tedious and pointless at that point. In the final dungeon I was mostly just dashing through the entire time trying to avoid battles. And man oh man were there a lot of side quests. Maybe too many. I feel like it would’ve been a much tighter experience if completing most of the game took like 100 hours instead of 130+.

Not even worth posting my stats. Switch got neglected hard this year. I played a little Kirby Forgotten Land and Dead Cells.

Most of my game time this year went into Elden Ring. Absolutely loved it.

This Nintendo Year in Review site seems so poorly done. I shouldn't have to do a lot of work to find out how many hours my top games were played.
Changing 1 sort is ‘a lot of work’?

FYI you only have to click the drop down on ‘what was your favorite game this year’ from by month to by time.

Changing 1 sort is ‘a lot of work’?

FYI you only have to click the drop down on ‘what was your favorite game this year’ from by month to by time.
Or just list the hours next to the games in the Most Played sections like everybody has always done. Plus, it's a remarkable downgrade in the amount of data it offers compared to last year telling you about how many hours total compared to the year prior, hours per month, day with the most hours played, hours played in docked/handheld mode, etc.

You can do your Year in Review now:

https://switch.nintendo.com/year-in-review/

FGlipzKXoAIHzeW.jpg

FGlipzKXsAQXkVT.jpg

FGlipzJXoAUN2Kz.jpg

FGlipzMXsA46fi7.jpg

Top Five Most Played Switch:

Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope - 36 hours

Pokemon Legends Arceus - 32 hours

Live A Live - 20 hours 

Kirby and the Forgotten Land - 20 hours

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 12 hours

1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - 321

2. Persona 5 Royal - 196

3. Tetris 99 - 135

4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 68

5. Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes - 48

153 hours on Triangle Strategy, then a bunch of Picross. Weird thing is, it's 14% multiplayer. So unless it's counting Picross 7 or something as "multiplayer," I didn't play anything multiplayer.

bread's done
Back