Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Thank you for the detailed information, Donken. We only have one Switch so wouldn't be able to use that method, but nevertheless amazing how you were able to find that workaround. I understand Nintendo's reasoning behind this, but what a hassle. Fortunately my son was not too disappointed about missing the last two free games.
You don't need two Switches to do this. Just deregister the Switch as primary for all the other accounts that own the game (by logging into the eShop on each of them and going to the menu on the right). You can reregister them afterwards just by signing into the eShop on that Switch again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have to download the Mario kart dlc ? Cause I swear I turned on my system and it was already on it
Pretty sure all the content in the dlc is included in the updates on the game. So there's no downloading it's just unlocking the content if you have the "key" downloaded for it from being purchased or having NSO expansion pass.

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/12/wonder-boy-anniversary-collection-launches-january-26-2023-for-ps5-ps4-and-switch

There's a Wonder Boy Anniversary Collection coming 1/26 for Switch with 21 total versions of the 6 games in the series:

• Wonder Boy
    Wonder Boy / International / Arcade (SYSTEM-1)
  • Wonder Boy / Japan / SG-1000
  • Super Wonder Boy / Japan / Master System / SEGA MARK III
  • Wonder Boy / International / Master System / SEGA MARK III
  • Revenge of Drancon / International / Game Gear
  • Wonder Boy / Japan / Game Gear

[*]Wonder Boy in Monster Land
  • Wonder Boy in Monster Land / International / Arcade (SYSTEM-2)
  • Wonder Boy in Monster Land / International / Master System / SEGA MARK III
  • Wonder Boy in Monster Land / Japan / Arcade (SYSTEM-2)
  • Super Wonder Boy in Monster Land / Japan / Master System / SEGA MARK III

[*]Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap
  • Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap / International / Master System / SEGA MARK III
  • Wonder Boy III: The Dragon’s Trap / International / Game Gear
  • Monster World II / Japan / Master System / SEGA MARK III
  • Monster World II: The Dragon’s Trap / Japan / Game Gear

[*]Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
  • Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair / International / Arcade (SYSTEM-16)
  • Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair / International / Mega Drive / Genesis

[*]Wonder Boy in Monster World
  • Wonder Boy in Monster World / International / Mega Drive / Genesis
  • Wonder Boy in Monster World / International / Master System / SEGA MARK III
  • Wonder Boy V: Monster World III / Japan / Mega Drive

[*]Monster World IV
  • Monster World IV / International / Mega Drive / Genesis
  • Monster World IV / Japan / Mega Drive

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1603556374478192643
If the expansion pack weren't MORE than double the standard online cost, I'd almost consider it -- I just have a hard time jumping from a $35 family plan to a $79.99 family plan... or, even worse, from $20 to $50 for an individual plan.

Do you have to download the Mario kart dlc ? Cause I swear I turned on my system and it was already on it
To add on, for multiplayer purposes, all the DLC courses are part of the update. Because as long as one of your friends in the lobby bought the DLC or have NSO Expansion, the lobby can access to said courses. But for single player, you will still need to buy it for yourself.

$75 is grossly overpriced. This should be retailing for $40 tops.

It should also be noted that shipping is ~$25.

$75 is grossly overpriced. This should be retailing for $40 tops.

It should also be noted that shipping is ~$25.
Good god, didn't see that shipping was that high. Considering what they are priced on steam individually, the $75 price tag is on par with the bundle price. But I agree, way too high. I'll probably just buy a couple when they are on sale digitally

Yeah, that’s Square’s good ol’ “import surcharge” shipping, which in practice they apply to anything you may actually *want* to buy from them, import or otherwise.

Not that paying more saves you from their awful fulfillment.

I've been trying to sell a digital code card of Super Mario Odyssey on offerup and here for over a year now for $40. The highest offer I've ever gotten for it is $25. It was a part of that Pro controller bundle. I'm sure BB will actually sell theirs for $40 :p

I've been trying to sell a digital code card of Super Mario Odyssey on offerup and here for over a year now for $40. The highest offer I've ever gotten for it is $25. It was a part of that Pro controller bundle. I'm sure BB will actually sell theirs for $40 :p
Lot less likely to be scammed on a digital game at Best Buy than a stranger.

https://twitter.com/Jupiter_JP1/status/1604838966175350784

The new spinoff Picross game is out now. $20 MSRP with a 25% launch discount until 1/3.

I played a bit of the demo for Picross X: Picbits vs Uzboross, which kind of feels like a free to play lite version of the game since it unlocked a bunch of skins for playing the S games (not for S3 or S8 somehow). I recommend checking that out if you're not sure what to expect from it.

It kind of feels like Picross meets 10,000,000 since you're tasked with completing 5x5 puzzles quickly as you see your Picbit rabbits running across the top of the screen from the Uzboross monster. Once you reach the time or maybe mess up, the round ends and you see the amount of Picbits you've generated with your solutions fight the Uzboross to kill it if you have more than it has HP. You get bits for beating stages and completing challenges to spend on cosmetics for your Picbit and various other parts of the UI.

The early stages are fairly easy, but they have goals for each stage to try to complete and there's a hard version that I'm not sure I understand since the first hard version said certain goals were unobtainable due to having a blue perk equipped that didn't change when I unequipped it. I might still be figuring out how it all works, as there looks to be a decent amount of challenges and in-game achievements to complete.

As somebody that completes every Picross game (minus Mega Picross) and struggles to have something else to play before going to sleep, this seems like it'll be a nice option that is at least more replayable than the typical Jupiter Picross game. This doesn't seem like the game for people that are newbies to Picross or have trouble with the general logic of Picross puzzle designs, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

As a heads up, the game can be played with buttons or touch screen, though the UI is built around touch and button users have to use a cursor that is very unintuitive since some menus work fine with buttons and others rely on the cursor to do things. It's a weird and clunky decision since all of the S games have had good, simple menus that were easy to control and this game's menus are hard to parse at times.

Holy shit. They finally list end dates and times on deals on the eShop webstore:

They show up on the main listing of games:

https://www.nintendo.com/store/games/?p=1&sort=df&f=topLevelFilters&topLevelFilters=Deals

And on the game's page:

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/picross-x-picbits-vs-uzboross-switch/

It's been 84 years, but they've finally done it.
What they don't identify, though, is whether or not the MSRP is a lie and the price will swap back to the "sale" price within a few days after the "sale" ends.

That's cool. I just wish these stores would allow gifting a digital game to someone. Granted you can just buy them an eshop card so they can buy the game themselves, but it's not quite the same.

[attachment=37615:8C10688F-243F-4B5F-B18A-A4D15EC8B1BB.png]

I played a lot of Earthbound this year. I wish the Nintendo one would give more stats on hours and things.

attachicon.gif
8C10688F-243F-4B5F-B18A-A4D15EC8B1BB.png

I played a lot of Earthbound this year. I wish the Nintendo one would give more stats on hours and things.
Yeah, I would definitely buy more games on switch if they had the setup that was on the Wii U and 3ds telling every minute you played something. They got lazy apparently and I think it's hurt their bottom line honestly I know plenty of others who say the same. It's one of those silent profit hits nintendo don't even realize it probably. Since they don't have trophies or achievements then a great play record track is vital.

The Switch is gonna finish as, at worst, the third best selling video game console ever. I doubt any significant number of people aren't buying a Switch or its games because of an activity log lol

Although I agree, I wish the activity log on the Switch was as good as it was on the 3DS and Wii U

Rabbids Party of Legends Digital is $9.99 at the Ubisoft Store.

https://store.ubi.com/us/game/?lang=en_US&pid=624effdf50e7e27306220ca7&dwvar_624effdf50e7e27306220ca7_Platform=switchdig&edition=Standard%20Edition&source=detail

Click over to the digital Switch version, add to cart, and then apply coupon HOLIDAY22

Since it retails for $40 you get $2 in gold points once you redeem the code on your Switch.

If you get an error:

My Ubi account was messing up and not letting me checkout, but I could add it to my cart as long as I wasn't logged in. I ended up having to create a new account, but it let me purchase it and I received the code just now.

It's an alright party game, especially for $8

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/rabbids-party-of-legends

No online play. It has 50 mini games, single player mode, and motion controls.

Yeah, I would definitely buy more games on switch if they had the setup that was on the Wii U and 3ds telling every minute you played something. They got lazy apparently and I think it's hurt their bottom line honestly I know plenty of others who say the same. It's one of those silent profit hits nintendo don't even realize it probably. Since they don't have trophies or achievements then a great play record track is vital.
You can do exactly that with the switch parental control app

https://www.nintendo.com/my/support/switch/parentalcontrols/app/index.html#:~:text=You%20can%20set%20a%20limit,the%20time%20limit%20is%20reached.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-Switch/How-to-Check-Play-Time-and-Usage-Activity-1494766.html

Now go buy a bunch of switch games

That's the only reason I have parental controls enabled on my switch. You have to launch an external app to track time spent though so not as nice as what we had with the Wii/WiiU. Of course things have to be backwards from a tech standpoint when Nintendo is involved. At least they finally added an ethernet port to the Switch dock recently. Both the Wii and Wii U required you to buy a USB to ethernet adapter. Why Nintendo!? Why?!!!

Rabbids Party of Legends Digital is $9.99 at the Ubisoft Store.
https://store.ubi.com/us/game/?lang=en_US&pid=624effdf50e7e27306220ca7&dwvar_624effdf50e7e27306220ca7_Platform=switchdig&edition=Standard%20Edition&source=detail
Click over to the digital Switch version, add to cart, and then apply coupon HOLIDAY22

Since it retails for $40 you get $2 in gold points once you redeem the code on your Switch.

If you get an error:
My Ubi account was messing up and not letting me checkout, but I could add it to my cart as long as I wasn't logged in. I ended up having to create a new account, but it let me purchase it and I received the code just now.
It’s currently out of stock, but same with codes for the Assassin’s Creed Ezio Collection.

Also seconding the post in that the checkout stuff is that real mess. Burned like 4 accounts just trying to get the one code.

Can anyone tell me what this game plays like:

Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force
turn based with a action bar for turn order on the side (think final fantasy 10, atelier ayesha or rorona + or the trails series)

battle field has movement and aoe similar to arc the lad twilight of the spirits and trails of cold steel.

4 characters in advent dark force while I read the original had you limited to 3.

The other comment about it being similar to neptunia series is close but the first neptune game is very different from the rest of that series.

It's overall pretty low budget if that's a concern as movement in dungeons is a little janky, animation clipping occasionally and frame rate stuttering.

Overall I'd recommend it if you can get it cheap as it's relatively solid turn based combat wise. But it's a bit on the easy side possibly as a counter to how poor and grindy the neptune series is.

The one thing it had that was unique is the sword system where you put a weapon into the ground outside of any given dungeon and that causes various effects within its aoe range. +% of money or experience, damage multipliers and what have you. You could stack multiples as you unlocked them so long as you had space and the effect range could reach your dungeon.

Story is a bit higgildy piggildy due to time travel being involved and tiara is such a insufferable bitch. Fang most people don't care for but I didn't mind his lazy slacker attitude given how characters like tiara act.

There's a different story route where you get other character/s and play as Sherman instead of Fang I remember reading.

tldr playable and a decent budget game if you can score it for under 10$. was regularly on sale for 1-3 on fanatical and the like and or in bundles on the pc side. Can run on a regular lap top if that's a concern.

bread's done
Back