Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
festivus_0_0.jpeg

I have 157 gold points expiring at the end of the month, along with a few hundred more over the next few months. I was most likely going to spend it on Smash Bros. DLC, but does anyone have any other recommendations for cheap games/DLC?

There's no End of Year sale. It's just a bunch of separate holiday sales that end at various times.
But Nintendo themselves should still do one, right?

All the Mario games look to be full price. I think they usually drop some to $45-$55.

I just want my $1.20 off Kirby's Dream Buffet :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
But Nintendo themselves should still do one, right?

All the Mario games look to be full price. I think they usually drop some to $45-$55.

I just want my $1.20 off Kirby's Dream Buffet :lol:
Hoping for one last attempt to push sales on the Pokemon VC games. Bought Pokemon Crystal as a sacrifice to the discount gods, but that might not be enough to stop the power of Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

For anyone who missed some of those Switch online profile icons that rotate weekly and that you buy with silver coins, Nintendo is now rotating them up daily for the next few weeks. It will be games from this past year and there is a schedule on the Switch online app, so check which day has the game you want icons for. Yesterday was Kirby, today is Mario Odyssey

There is also a daily mission on the Switch app now that gives 30 coins each day you complete it. All you have to do is play a game with online capability (i.e. Smash Bros). I know some people were struggling with running out of silver coins to spend, so this will help

My one account missed a week of Mario Kart icons, so I'm hoping I can get everything I missed

Here's some noteworthy games I jotted down while compiling my own list :oops:
End dates are all over the place.

Yoku's Island Express - $3.99 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/4/23 (A masterpiece.)
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled - $13.99 - Lowest price ever. Ends 12/29/22
Songbird Symphony $2.03 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/1/23
Yooka-Laylee - $3.99 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/4/23
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair - $4.49 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/4/23
Hidden Through Time - $3.19 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/1/23
Gibbon: Beyond the Trees - $7.49 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/4/23
Cat Quest II $2.24 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/1/23
Bugsnax - $9.99 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/1/23
Cuphead DLC The Delicious Last Course - $6.79 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/1/23
HOT WHEELS UNLEASHED - $12.49 - Lowest price ever. Ends 12/29/22
DEMON'S TILT - $5.99 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/1/23
Murder by Numbers - $4.49 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/1/23
KeyWe - $12.49 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/1/23. Also the DLC is on sale for the first time.
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles - $11.99 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/4/23
The Swords of Ditto: Mormo's Curse - $4.94 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/1/23
Gato Roboto - $1.99 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/1/23
Wilmot's Warehouse - $7.49 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/1/23
Dark Water: Slime Invader - $4.49 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/11/23.
Tales of Djungarian Hamster - $4.99 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/12/23. Also the DLC is on sale for the first time.
There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension - $7.79 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/5/23
Ponpu - $2.99 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/10/23.
Oceanhorn - Monster of Uncharted Seas - $3.74 - Lowest price ever. Ends 1/4/23.
Penko Park - $9.09 - Lowest price ever. Ends 12/29/22.
Clutter IX: Clutter IXtreme - $1.99 - Lowest price ever. Ends 12/30/22.
I Love Finding MORE Cats! - Collector's Edition - $2.99 - Lowest price ever. Ends 12/30/22.
I Love Finding Critters! - Collector's Edition - $2.99 - Lowest price ever. Ends 12/30/22.

PICROSS games 20% off. Ends 1/3/23.
SteamWorld games at their usual discounts. Ends 1/11/23

Bomb Chicken - $7.49 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/5/23. (RARELY ever goes on sale)
A Short Hike - $5.35 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/1/23
Get-A-Grip Chip - $6.99 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/1/23
Vitamin Connection - $9.99 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/1/23
Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King - $3.74 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/4/23 (Hasn't been this cheap in over a year.)
Williams Pinball: Volume 1 - $3.99 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/1/23 (Medieval Madness is a must own table)
Williams Pinball: Volume 2 - $3.99 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/1/23
Paperball Deluxe - $4.49 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/1/23
Night in the Woods - $9.99 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/1/23
Golf Story - $6.99 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/1/23
Monster Hunter Rise - $19.99 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/4/23
Voxelgram - $3.99 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/5/23
Hungry Shark World - $1.99 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/3/23. (I just think it's neat.)
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered - $7.99 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/2/23.
Unravel Two - $3.99 Ends 1/2/23. (Hasn't been this cheap in over a year.)
Pid - $1.99 - Matches previous low. Ends 12/26/22.
LIMBO - $1.99 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/8/23.
INSIDE - $1.99 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/8/23.
Anarcute - $3.74 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/1/23.
Flipon - $3.29 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/1/23.
Indie Gems Bundle - Nonograms edition - $4.24 - Matches previous low. Ends 1/1/23.
Grapple Dog - $7.49 - Matches previous low. Ends 12/31/22.

I tried to omit games that go on sale every other week. You guys add your own lists too.

Thanks for the list Daisydog!

I added a couple titles to my wish list. Still debating if I want to buy anything else for the Switch since I have so much to play on it already. Still some of these prices are really nice. 

To add to the previous list:

Chasm - $5 lowest price right now:

I played the whole game docked and it looked like crap and the font they used was almost unreadable.  However, this game plays similarly to SOTN/Bloodstained/GBA or DS Castlevanias and I absolutely loved it.  Been a bit since I played it but I really liked how they did the loot system.  You get unique drops from different monsters and they can also have different levels of quality/rarity.

If anyone can suggest other newer games like this, please let me know.  If they ever do a sequel or "spiritual successor" I would be all over it.

Grindstone - $9 lowest price right now:

Just got this and have not played yet, but the gameplay videos I saw looked really fun.  It's a variation of the "color matching" puzzle game.

To add to the previous list:

Chasm - $5 lowest price right now:
I played the whole game docked and it looked like crap and the font they used was almost unreadable. However, this game plays similarly to SOTN/Bloodstained/GBA or DS Castlevanias and I absolutely loved it. Been a bit since I played it but I really liked how they did the loot system. You get unique drops from different monsters and they can also have different levels of quality/rarity.

If anyone can suggest other newer games like this, please let me know. If they ever do a sequel or "spiritual successor" I would be all over it.

Grindstone - $9 lowest price right now:
Just got this and have not played yet, but the gameplay videos I saw looked really fun. It's a variation of the "color matching" puzzle game.
You might want to try Timespinner. Similar 16-bit style Metroidvania that leans more CastleVania than Metroid, like Chasm.

I've been having fun with Sports Story so far, but I agree, I've encountered several bugs. Mostly just not being able to interact with areas or items to progress the story.

Why would you guys blind buy a game that shadow drops. If it was good, it would’ve been supported with a marketing launch. Not even an early adopter discount. Forget that

I played it for like 30min and had to restart the game twice, bloody annoying. Blind bought it because golf story is one of the best games on the switch.

Grindstone is great. Same developer as Critter Crunch and the DS Might and Magic game where they combine puzzle style matching and RPG action elements.

Really enjoyed Timespinners too

Has performance improved at all in R-Type Final 2? It's cheaper on Switch than elsewhere but I've heard the game suffers on that system.

Thanks for the list Daisydog!

I added a couple titles to my wish list. Still debating if I want to buy anything else for the Switch since I have so much to play on it already. Still some of these prices are really nice.
I found that Sol Cresta and the new DLC are on sale at 32% off on Switch. Instant purchase for me. Now I own the game and all DLC on all 3 platforms it is available on. Only XBox does not have this amazing SHMUP. Sad really in my opinion. The Japanese game market has something against Xbox.

I found that Sol Cresta and the new DLC are on sale at 32% off on Switch. Instant purchase for me. Now I own the game and all DLC on all 3 platforms it is available on. Only XBox does not have this amazing SHMUP. Sad really in my opinion. The Japanese game market has something against Xbox.
I only see the original DLC on sale on the Switch. The new DLC is showing at standard price for me.

You are right. I purchased the legendary fighters DLC anyways since it is worth it to me at 6.99. Seems like a bargain to me. The Dramatic edition is not worth the price even on discount in my opinion. 

Hoping someone can answer these two questions for me:

1. For the Wii eShop and 3DS eShop (from the consoles, not the website from phone/computer), is my log in the same info as my NS eShop? I haven't logged into either for ages and can't remember... 

2. For the pending 3DS eShop shutdown- is my account locked to my current 3DS? So if it dies, my stuff is all lost? 

I'm streaming some Picross X: Pictobits vs Uzboross for those that want to see it in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's a pretty fun changeup for the Picross series that is less of a chill puzzle game and more of a challenging, chaotic experience where some of the modes are about throwing obstacles in your way to change up how you have to figure out the solutions to the puzzles it keeps throwing at you. I've played through all of the Jupiter Picross games and am in a place where I'm just working through the Mega Picross mode in each game while waiting for S9, but this is a fun change of pace game that is a nice distraction from the many other Picross games I've been playing for years.

Unfortunately, I do play much of my Picross before I go to sleep, so Picross X is the opposite of what I need before going to sleep. Instead, I have to make an effort to pull out the Switch during other parts of the day where I don't normally bother with it to play this game. The other issue is the MP mode is a neat idea, but is limited to friends for online play or people locally. Not being able to play with randoms is annoying for the random times I'd think about playing this game.

Wii shop is completely separate from everything else. I'm not even sure they had email set up for that or passwords. 

3ds wise I'd assume that you can still transfer stuff to another 3ds so long as you have access to your stuff but I wouldn't know for sure. 

Hoping someone can answer these two questions for me:

1. For the Wii eShop and 3DS eShop (from the consoles, not the website from phone/computer), is my log in the same info as my NS eShop? I haven't logged into either for ages and can't remember...

2. For the pending 3DS eShop shutdown- is my account locked to my current 3DS? So if it dies, my stuff is all lost?
Are your games tied to your NNID? Even if they aren't, simply calling Nintendo up will help you get all your games back. They can do it with your NNID or the serial number from your 3DS. No saves though.

Wii shop is completely separate from everything else. I'm not even sure they had email set up for that or passwords.

3ds wise I'd assume that you can still transfer stuff to another 3ds so long as you have access to your stuff but I wouldn't know for sure.
The Wii accounts could be tied to My Nintendo, as could your Wii's serial number, which meant that the transaction history could be tied to a specific e-mail address. I don't know if you can do anything with it anymore, though...

Thanks for the responses guys, not the most reassuring answers though. I guess I better back up my 3DS games just in case. 

Finally NeoGeo Pocket Selection vol. 1 is 50% off, nice. I will be grabbing that and already picked up Gotta Protectors: Cart of Darkness Deluxe. I haven't tried Gotta Protectors on Switch yet but the 3DS game was fun. I will decide what to do with the rest of my credit, lots of stuff on sale.

How does this work?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Sign up for McDonalds rewards. Under the deals there will be a $3.50 Happy meal. My store won't let me order the meal in the app like everything else so it gives you a code. You tell that to the drive thru or inside person and you then order whatever happy meal you want. 6 piece is the best deal. It charges your CC on the app and you get the meal.

Sign up for McDonalds rewards. Under the deals there will be a $3.50 Happy meal. My store won't let me order the meal in the app like everything else so it gives you a code. You tell that to the drive thru or inside person and you then order whatever happy meal you want. 6 piece is the best deal. It charges your CC on the app and you get the meal.
Ah ok, thought there was some way to just buy the toys without the meal. Thanks though!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

This game takes about 30-40 minutes to complete. I played it on my smartphone a while back with ads. I think there are 2 sequels and another where a girl is dancing instead. Not great, but free is free.

I am honestly shocked that I don't already have Mom Hid My Game from a random eShop sale at some point. I hope these switch games keep on coming from Prime Gaming. 

bread's done
Back