Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I’m rethinking my purchase of Fire Emblem divine edition. I know it’ll sell out quickly but $40 more for steelbook, art cards, and art book doesn’t seem to be worth it.

I’m rethinking my purchase of Fire Emblem divine edition. I know it’ll sell out quickly but $40 more for steelbook, art cards, and art book doesn’t seem to be worth it.
It's not. Really wish it had one more thing, random figure or something.

Does anyone know if Hong Kong Switches are, for a lack of a better word, functionally identical to US ones?

I stumbled across a few being sold online and I was wondering if they were crippled in any way.  I know that some regional variations have restrictions in user accountaccess, but I thought you could change a Switch's country and load up a USA account and have full access to the eShop and everything else.  If that's the case, the only issue would be warranty coverage and the power cord...

I know that the ones from Mainland China are set to only connect to their fenced-in services, but Hong Kong may still be safe? You can access their store from outside and Play-Asia is based there, so it’s probably good. Not entirely sure myself, though.

I'm now more interested than ever hearing that it's both awful and one of the best of the year.
I haven’t tried the demo as I bought the game because I’ll buy pretty much any DQ games. But it’s the first part of the game which is pretty basic. So I can completely see someone not being impressed by the setup. And it’s a couple layers of setup before you get to travel and explore more freely in the open areas. I think it’s pretty great. A blend of action gameplay and the team building of monsters. It’s not Xenoblade but the exploration is similar with fixed island areas.

I pretty much only care about the Steamworld Dig series.  There's still that 3D Steamworld game in development which continues the plot of Dig 2.  Unless it's been cancelled, it's probably time to reveal that game.  I'm all for a Dig 3.

So nobody was down with Steamworld Quest, the Hand of Gilgamech? I dunno, I thought it was a cute card-based RPG. Makes me want to play Baten Kaitos to see how they compare.

Quest is great like the Dig games and Heist.

The only bad thing I have to say about Quest is that it's the only game in the mainline series that's exclusive to the Switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
So nobody was down with Steamworld Quest, the Hand of Gilgamech? I dunno, I thought it was a cute card-based RPG. Makes me want to play Baten Kaitos to see how they compare.
Honestly, I've never played it... Thankfully they adjust their prices quickly, so it's probably near the time to pick it up to dive into it.

Oh, and I've been dying to dive into Baten Kaitos lately.

There's also a bundle with both on the eShop that will save you 49 cents

I heard that P3 didn't add manual skill inheritance, hopefully they patch it in later like they did with SMT Nocturne. But I guess it's not as big a deal since skill cards were added to P3 Portable

I do not enjoy card based RPGs in general so that's probably why I ignored this game.

I'm also not really big into card based games. I like to dig though.

If Baiten Kaitos does get it's rumored remaster, I'd likely give it a try only because of Monolith Soft. I've grown to love their work and I never even considered their games back in the GC/Wii days.

There's also a bundle with both on the eShop that will save you 49 cents

I heard that P3 didn't add manual skill inheritance, hopefully they patch it in later like they did with SMT Nocturne. But I guess it's not as big a deal since skill cards were added to P3 Portable
They never fixed mind charge and power charge. And the games been re-released like 4 times. Doubtful they will add in manual skill selection.

I've only played the first (despite owning Origins), but if it does get remastered I also hope it gets redubbed. Great game, but the voice acting was terrible.
Part of this was something was wrong with the default sound settings. If you chance the audio to mono/surround it improves dramatically and removes the weird echo that sounds like everyone is talking underwater or in a cardboard tube.

House of the dead remake is $12.49. But I remember reading somewhere it’s actually not as good as the Wii version because of the joycons?
At least going by Maximillian Dood's playthrough of it. Yeah, that's one of the reasons. He actually uses the Pro Controller's gyro, and that worked out better. He also touched on the bias of comparing it to the actual arcade version and how having the reticle changes things in terms of general game feel.

Streaming the Steam demo of SteamWorld Build to see it in action.

Edit: Link to the archive. I've never gotten into a city builder before, but this demo was one that I really got into since it isn't that focused on city planning details and all that. You're setting up a mining town outside of an abandoned mineshaft, which makes it seem like a prequel to the events of SteamWorld Dig or Dig 2. You split your time between building stuff in the town and going into the mine to manage operations in there to find materials for processing or making new buildings that has a good flow to it. It fits the SteamWorld IP very well, so I'm very excited to play the final game whenever it's out this year.

Oh shit, no they didn't.

I don't have the expansion pack yet, but I'm planning to start a family plan at some point so others can buy into it. My current plan doesn't expire until June though.

Stolen from reddit:

In the Switch menu:

1. Create a control profile for Goldeneye
  2. Remap the left analog stick to function as right analog
  3. Remap the right analog stick to function as left analog
  4. Remap ZR button to function as ZL, so you can fire with ZR
  5. Remap ZL to function as L, so you can manual aim with ZL
  6. (Optional) remap L to function as B, so you can activate things with L.
  7. (Optional) remap R to function as A, so you can switch weapons with R.
  8. (You will now have to navigate using the right analog stick and either A/B or L/R, depending on whether you followed steps 6 and 7.)
  9. Launch Goldeneye and begin a mission, navigating menus with the right analog stick.
  10. Pause, and go over to controls.
  11. Switch from 1.1 Honey to 1.2 Solitaire.
  12. Go over to Settings, and turn the Look Up/Down setting to Upright.
You will now have modern controls! Only issue is that you will only be able to walk in 8 directions, since the stick only emulates the C buttons.

Also remember: Weapon change + fire cycles through weapons backwards. Activate + weapon change detonates remote mines.

I want to mention another limitation: Pitch and rotation don't have the same sensitivity. One is way more sensitive than the other. It's a bit awkward, but still way closer to modern aiming.

For anyone who wants twin-stick controls but doesn't know how to enable them: I gotchu.

In the in-game pause menu, change your Control Style to 1.2 Solitaire. Also may wanna change Look Up/Down to Upright (it's reversed by default.)

In addition to this, go to the Switch home screen, and in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Change Button Mapping, swap your left and right sticks.

While you're at it, if you're used to left trigger to aim and right trigger to fire in your FPS games, you should rebind ZR to ZL, and ZL to L or R.

Then you just might wanna save your changes as a preset, so that you can easily swap between your default and custom controls between sessions.

I personally just did the second one. This is the first time messing with the controls so I hope it reverts back to normal when I play other games. Not sure if I will have to go into the switch menu every time I play a different game. I played a multiplayer match online with 1 other person and I could not change the up and down controls like in single player. It was very frustrating. Luckily, the person I played was terrible so it wasn't a problem but playing against good people, I would get destroyed unless all of us are just terrible with the default reversed. 

Stolen from reddit:

In the Switch menu:

8. (You will now have to navigate using the right analog stick and either A/B or L/R, depending on whether you followed steps 6 and 7.)
  9. Launch Goldeneye and begin a mission, navigating menus with the right analog stick.
You will now have modern controls! Only issue is that you will only be able to walk in 8 directions, since the stick only emulates the C buttons.

Also remember: Weapon change + fire cycles through weapons backwards. Activate + weapon change detonates remote mines.

<Edit> I want to mention another limitation: Pitch and rotation don't have the same sensitivity. One is way more sensitive than the other. It's a bit awkward, but still way closer to modern aiming.

For anyone who wants twin-stick controls but doesn't know how to enable them: I gotchu.

In the in-game pause menu, change your Control Style to 1.2 Solitaire. Also may wanna change Look Up/Down to Upright (it's reversed by default.)

In addition to this, go to the Switch home screen, and in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Change Button Mapping, swap your left and right sticks.

While you're at it, if you're used to left trigger to aim and right trigger to fire in your FPS games, you should rebind ZR to ZL, and ZL to L or R.

Then you just might wanna save your changes as a preset, so that you can easily swap between your default and custom controls between sessions.

I personally just did the second one. This is the first time messing with the controls so I hope it reverts back to normal when I play other games. Not sure if I will have to go into the switch menu every time I play a different game. I played a multiplayer match online with 1 other person and I could not change the up and down controls like in single player. It was very frustrating. Luckily, the person I played was terrible so it wasn't a problem but playing against good people, I would get destroyed unless all of us are just terrible with the default reversed.
fuck that. I'm using the N64 controller as Rare intended!

Streaming some Haiku, the Robot if you want to see it in action before its sale ends on Sunday.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's a very promising Metroid-like that takes some influences from Hollow Knight with the ability to heal yourself mid-combat, the pin system for various perks and such, and a little bit of the map system without the need to buy maps and upgrades to it. The map design is more straightforward and the boss fights are less punishing once you understand how to avoid their attacks.

You not missing nothing if you like traditional FPS controls. Goldeneye on switch is unplayable for me, a major disappointment.
I posted this on the last page. Not sure how you missed it:

Stolen from reddit:

In the Switch menu:

<Edit> I want to mention another limitation: Pitch and rotation don't have the same sensitivity. One is way more sensitive than the other. It's a bit awkward, but still way closer to modern aiming.

You not missing nothing if you like traditional FPS controls. Goldeneye on switch is unplayable for me, a major disappointment.
Yeah. The controls are bad. I never really liked this game as a kid. Even with the "modern" control guides on various website the controls are still bad on Switch. Good that fans can replay the game though.

I swear I had like two group of friends -- the PC people who didn't like Golden Eye and played Doom/Quake, and the rest that liked Golden Eye.

I posted this on the last page. Not sure how you missed it:

Stolen from reddit:

In the Switch menu:

I saw it but don't have a college degree lol.

I swear I had like two group of friends -- the PC people who didn't like Golden Eye and played Doom/Quake, and the rest that liked Golden Eye.
Shame your friend groups were so divided. My group friends were the Quake/Doom guys that loved to play Goldeneye with people that didn’t have or like PCs.

bread's done
Back