Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
I swear I had like two group of friends -- the PC people who didn't like Golden Eye and played Doom/Quake, and the rest that liked Golden Eye.
Interesting. I didn't have any pc playing friends back then. We had Goldeneye. My brothers loved it and they always had people over for splitscreen. At the time I just would rather play WCW or Mario Kart for my N64 multi-player fix.

Shame your friend groups were so divided. My group friends were the Quake/Doom guys that loved to play Goldeneye with people that didn’t have or like PCs.
the days of playing quake on a dialup modem... the day i upgraded to 56k was great!

Some news:

Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line is getting a demo on February 1:

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/01/theatrhythm-final-bar-line-demo-launches-february-1

NISA announced Rhapsody: Marl Kingdom Chronicles for the Switch:

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/01/rhapsody-marl-kingdom-chronicles-announced-for-ps5-switch-and-pc

NISA announced Disgaea 7: Vows of the Virtueless is coming to the West on the Switch this fall:

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/01/disgaea-7-vows-of-the-virtueless-coming-west-this-fall-for-ps5-ps4-switch-and-pc

MLB The Show 23 is coming to the Switch on March 28:

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/01/mlb-the-show-23-announced-for-ps5-xbox-series-ps4-xbox-one-and-switch

MLB! Mostly excited because the download size is massive and last year’s game is still high in value, $35. Hopefully the new release drives the price of the 22 cart down.

I really hope Target does another B2G1F sale including first party Nintendo games like they did last year in February...hopefully this time with newer stuff like 'Luigi's Mansion' and '3D World'.

Nice, it's dumb that they ever went away in North America in the first place. They've been going this whole time in Europe. With the costs of cartridges and retail packaging/shipping, they should be doing all they can to encourage digital purchases

I bet they make more money selling a digital game at $50 (price of one voucher) than they do selling a physical game at $60. Not to mention the former totally gets rid of used sales, from which they get nothing

QubicGames is having a 19th Anniversary sale.

You will be eligible to purchase over 50 of their games for .49 each.
Finally looked last night and of course the one or two games I would buy... just down to like $4.49 each. Oh well.

Also noticed all those free games in december they had set themselves as subscribed channels on the news app. Had to go through and remove them all since they each had the same announcement about this 19th anniversary sale... which made the news section extra crazy.

QubicGames is having a 19th Anniversary sale.
If you own one of these games:Real Boxing 2Run Sausage Run!Mana SparkPocket PoolPocket Mini GolfRobonautsPocket Mini Golf 2Sausage WarsOm Nom: Run
You will be eligible to purchase over 50 of their games for .49 each.
See link for list of titles.
If you don't already own one of those 9 titles, you can download Coloring Book for free and the 9 titles will then be discounted to .49 - $1.99
Goodnight Knight looked pretty good for $0.49. So I picked it up, and I’ll give my impressions in two years when I remember to play it.

The Borderlands Legendary Collection is $9.99 on the Switch.  Includes the Game of the Year edition of Borderlands, Borderlands 2 (with DLC except for the Lilith DLC,) and the Borderlands: Pre-Sequel.  

I have this on so many platforms, but grabbed it again on the Switch... because... um.. I had credit on the Nintendo store?  

The Borderlands Legendary Collection is $9.99 on the Switch. Includes the Game of the Year edition of Borderlands, Borderlands 2 (with DLC except for the Lilith DLC,) and the Borderlands: Pre-Sequel.

I have this on so many platforms, but grabbed it again on the Switch... because... um.. I had credit on the Nintendo store?
You can never have enough of the same game across multiple platforms as you never know which platform you might play it on ;-)

Goodnight Knight looked pretty good for $0.49. So I picked it up, and I’ll give my impressions in two years when I remember to play it.
By then I'll probably have it free from their 20th anniversary sale... or holiday giveaway... or middle of the year giveaway... or ... something else... so I'll be looking forward to that feedback.

I picked up Chex Quest HD. I actually played it on my 133 back in the day after I got it out of the cereal box. I don’t even like Chex, I just wanted the game

Vouchers are up on the eShop. You can hold 8 at a time, they expire 12 months after purchase, and the full list of eligible games is on the voucher purchase page. Works on preorders too, but some games like the new Zelda aren't up for preorder on the eShop yet

What is their problem with Famicom Detective Club? It has literally never gone on sale since it came out, so I was hoping to use a voucher for it. But it's not one of the eligible games despite being Nintendo-published

Did they say anywhere how long the vouchers will be up for sale? I’ll probably buy one pair of vouchers but I don’t know what games I would prefer digital, so I would like to keep it as long as possible in case anything gets announced where a digital copy makes more sense for me.

Perfect time for vouchers. Zelda and Pikmin 4 will likely be my last two big Switch pre-orders (I'm not convinced that we'll see Metroid Prime 4 on this hardware). I just hope Pikmin 4 is ready to go before the voucher expires.

So basically 10% off two Switch games, digital only.  Pretty easy to find that near launch and you can get them for $40~ish at GameFly a few months later.  Physical to boot.

These vouches are just kinda meh.  And I wouldn't bank on them getting the hot commodity titles right away.

So basically 10% off two Switch games, digital only. Pretty easy to find that near launch and you can get them for $40~ish at GameFly a few months later. Physical to boot.

These vouches are just kinda meh. And I wouldn't bank on them getting the hot commodity titles right away.
The real deal is getting discounted digital currency to buy the vouchers with. Costco recently had $100 for $80 for example. Getting two new release Nintendo games digitally for $40 each is a great deal.

The real deal is getting discounted digital currency to buy the vouchers with. Costco recently had $100 for $80 for example. Getting two new release Nintendo games digitally for $40 each is a great deal.
i am cheap so i want them to be $40 each before my discounted currency

What's the best deal to take advantage of this voucher thing?

Specifically if you don't have eshop currency, and don't have and don't want NSO

I know

I'm asking how to optimally mitigate this

Can you do a 7 day free trial or something as a work around

The NSO service has no value to me personally
Yes. You should be able to do the trial to purchase the vouchers. Not sure about redeeming them if you don't have NSO, but I've read that people say the trial works for buying the vouchers.

I know

I'm asking how to optimally mitigate this

Can you do a 7 day free trial or something as a work around

The NSO service has no value to me personally
I am pretty sure you need to be an NSO member when using the vouchers so you need NSO to use them.

Just find some other deal or buy NSO if you want to save $10 on new first party games.

What is their problem with Famicom Detective Club? It has literally never gone on sale since it came out, so I was hoping to use a voucher for it. But it's not one of the eligible games despite being Nintendo-published
It looks like the vouchers apply to any Nintendo-published game $50-60 that is not a bundle (the vouchers also don't work on the Bayonetta 1+2 bundle).

The Borderlands Legendary Collection is $9.99 on the Switch. Includes the Game of the Year edition of Borderlands, Borderlands 2 (with DLC except for the Lilith DLC,) and the Borderlands: Pre-Sequel.

How does it play on the switch in handheld mode. I read the triggers on the joycons is uncomfortable for playing first person shooters like this for any length of time. I have the handsome collection on PS4 from PS+ and never played it, The bioshock collection is tempting at $9.99 as well just I have it on PS4 as well but I do play my switch a lot lately. Just at these prices it's tempting to get both collections. The Portal companion collection is amazing.

How does it play on the switch in handheld mode. I read the triggers on the joycons is uncomfortable for playing first person shooters like this for any length of time. I have the handsome collection on PS4 from PS+ and never played it, The bioshock collection is tempting at $9.99 as well just I have it on PS4 as well but I do play my switch a lot lately. Just at these prices it's tempting to get both collections. The Portal companion collection is amazing.
I didn't find it too bad on handheld mode. Played for 30 minutes to get through a few of the early missions in the first Borderlands and it wasn't bothersome at al. I've heard people complain about the framerate (because it is only 30FPS,) but it seemed fine for me.

I picked up the Borderlands Legendary collection when it was on sale for $20 in the past. Still a great deal for all the content. At the current price it is a no brainer in my opinion.  

bread's done
Back