Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Don't normally pay full price for games anyway, so will definitely wait for a nice discount on Tears of the Kingdom, especially considering that I was disappointed with BOTW compared to earlier Zelda titles.

That’s Level 5, not Nintendo. They got out of localizing for the US for a few years, but it seems they are getting back in with 3 games in this direct: Fantasy life, Layton & DecaPolice.
I know. Keep your "well actually" to youself. I just wanted to talk shit for a second about my most played 3DS game finally getting a sequel.

It would be way better if they put Pokemon gens 1 through 3 on there and they were compatible with Home. But we know they won't bother with that

Where are you seeing this? Game isn't up for preorder yet and doesn't show as an eligible game on the vouchers page
It shows up for me on the eShop as ready for preorder, $69.99 and eligible for vouchers.

totk-snip.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It shows up for me on the eShop as ready for preorder, $69.99 and eligible for vouchers.

totk-snip.jpg
Nice, wonder if that's intended or something they'll take away later. Might be smart to use a voucher on it asap if you got one

Edit: Never mind, it doesn't take your voucher as payment until a week before the game comes out. So if it's not intended and they fix it later, they would likely just cancel your preorder - using the voucher early probably won't make a difference. Hopefully it's a permanent thing, because then the $70 price point thing is irrelevant

Nice, wonder if that's intended or something they'll take away later. Might be smart to use a voucher on it asap if you got one
Maybe. TBH, the vouchers are 100% profit for Nintendo versus whatever the cut is after the store sale is, so I'd bet it stays around for the whole time. Debating not even worrying about my GS preorder and seeing if it stays $60 and just dumping my basically free eShop credit from $5 coupon into a voucher and go ahead and get it for $50

GameStop selling Zelda Tears of the Kingdom for $59.99 again, but the page is glitchy (add to cart button not always there). Price will probably change to $70 soon, so get those orders in if interested.

-Update- GS price is now $70

You actually cannot. That's just more pro-capitalism marketing. It's nothing but false choices. :)
You forgot the /s. Right?

Once you frame your entire argument as “capitalism = bad” nut job, it all makes sense.

—-

Nobody is excited about advance wars finally getting a release date? Targets been holding my $40 for years! I want my game!

How did Bayonetta origins look? I still have 3 unplayed but I do love the series.

Finally, I’ve never heard of Baiten Kaitos— apparently it’s a cult favorite. What’s is comparable to?

Metroid Prime HD for $40?  Well, that's awesome. 

And the Etrian Package being $80 for the three titles, considering Etrian Odyssey III goes for a metric ton, that'll be a great deal.  I hope it gets a physical.

Bought $100 in eShop from Costco for $90 and pre-ordered Zelda with vouchers.  Nice to not have to think about that one for the next few months.  

Already have Advance Wars pre-ordered from Target from ages ago, so I'll have to think about Pikmin or something else for the other voucher.  Either way, I'm happy.

Fantasy Life was one of my favorite 3DS games, so I'm glad to hear about another one coming.

$70 switch games?  no thanks, I don't pay that much for any game on any system...  

How did Bayonetta origins look? I still have 3 unplayed but I do love the series.

Finally, I’ve never heard of Baiten Kaitos— apparently it’s a cult favorite. What’s is comparable to?
Origins is still looking good, but it's a different vibe. I have high hopes for it.

Baten Kaitos is a JRPG using cards as the primary combat mechanic, it's pretty novel for its time and while deckbuilders have come back, I cannot think of one that's not a roguelike. Perhaps Griftlands in general principle may be close? or Steam World Hand of Gilgamesh?

The sleeper, to me, is Deca Police, a new Level-5 JRPG. They are pretty hit or miss, but pulling a gun in a JRPG and solving some Phoenix Wright-style mysteries sounds like a good time.

Sea of Stars is real Chained Echos vibes, which is amazing, so I am hoping for more great modern retro-JRPGs that just don't rely on "see, pixels! and RPGMaker!"

And I will still be getting the Megaman Battle Network physical releases.

It’s like Chrono Cross with a card battle system. The battle system is not great, but is unique. The setting and art has a sky and cloud theme that looks really nice and is probably the highlight of the series. The story isn’t told that well, but has some twists and interesting similarities to Chrono Cross as well. Not as polished as the bigger name classics, comes across as kind of experimental, but it’s good.

Surprisingly, that was a pretty good Direct! I'm excited for Pikmin 4, GBA games (warioware!), and Katamari. Samba de Amigo looks interesting too. If they can get the Joy-Cons to work as well as they do for Just Dance it could be pretty fun.

I'm upset about Zelda being $70, but I'll get over it. I know I'll sink hundreds of hours into it, but I just have to get it physical so here's hoping for some decent preorder bonuses. I'm surprised we didn't hear anything about Pokemon Scarlet/Violet. Isn't there supposed to be a February update that fixes everything?... right?

Streaming the Metroid Prime remaster for those that want to see it in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. Seems like a great remaster of a classic that updates the controls in the right way and offers alternates if you want that. Very good way to jump back into this game.

Also decided to grab $100 eshop for $90 and grab 2 vouchers. Redeemed one for Zelda and will decide on the other one later. Might try to get the Zelda collector's edition, but probably would want to keep it sealed anyways.

Etrian Odyssey Origins Collection is […] $39.99 for each game:
Seriously? I paid under $30 for EO3 physical day one on DS, and that came with a CD soundtrack and an artbook. I know inflation makes the price more or less equal, but that was for a brand new physical game with extra physical goods and this is a digital copy remaster with nothing.

Goddamn it is hard to justify the contents of that Zelda collector's edition at that price especially when there's a chance we might get a legit art book from Dark Horse like we did Breath of the Wild.

Also decided to grab $100 eshop for $90 and grab 2 vouchers. Redeemed one for Zelda and will decide on the other one later. Might try to get the Zelda collector's edition, but probably would want to keep it sealed anyways.
Where'd you get eShop credit for that price? Last I saw was Newegg but that was a few days ago

Did Nintendo post anywhere saying how long the vouchers would be available for purchase? I feel like last time they were only available for maybe a month.

Did Nintendo post anywhere saying how long the vouchers would be available for purchase? I feel like last time they were only available for maybe a month.
I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the last time they specified that they would be sold for a limited time, and they haven't said that this time. They never went away in Europe for what it's worth

Okay, where do I purchase these vouchers from

edit: nevermind :). $100 for 2 on Nintendo's site in case anyone is wondering. Are they available cheaper somewhere?

Bummed that I missed out on preordering Zelda when it was still $60 yesterday…I think might go the voucher route and see if I can snag the collectors edition when it pops up elsewhere. It feels weird going digital, but it’s just so much cheaper.

Bummed that I missed out on preordering Zelda when it was still $60 yesterday…I think might go the voucher route and see if I can snag the collectors edition when it pops up elsewhere. It feels weird going digital, but it’s just so much cheaper.
At first sure but you can never sell the game, trade it in or let someone borrow it(unless you gameshare with them). In the case of a game like TOTK though, you likely would never sell or trade it but it's always nice to have the option in case you need the money but I do agree that saving $20 or more plus tax(I don't think eshop charges tax) is a better deal.

$44.99 $50 eshop card
https://www.costco.com/.product.100431276.html

It would be way better if they put Pokemon gens 1 through 3 on there and they were compatible with Home. But we know they won't bother with that

Where are you seeing this? Game isn't up for preorder yet and doesn't show as an eligible game on the vouchers page
They have gens 1 and 2 on the 3ds already compatible with bank to home. As well as the 3ds and switch remakes for gen 3 and 1. So they likely won't do ports again for a while so long as they continue to support bank.

Is there anyplace other than Costco with discounts on credit? Or a hack for Costco if you’re not a member?

Trying to get some credit to get the vouchers like others.

Is there anyplace other than Costco with discounts on credit? Or a hack for Costco if you’re not a member?

Trying to get some credit to get the vouchers like others.
Costco is the only place that always has them discounted. You can watch Wario64 because he lists when other places have them discounted.

And no hack for Costco, you have to be a member,

Has Nintendo ever taken a game off a voucher? For example, was there a game that was a part of the voucher system for a month or two and then suddenly wasn't anymore? I'm asking because tears of the kingdom is their first $70 game so maybe they catch on to the fact they are losing $20 each time someone redeems that game and remove it from the voucher.

SO, I now have

Link's Awakening original cart
Link's Awakening DX original cart
Link's Awakening DX on 3DS Virtual Console
Link's Awakening remake on Switch
Link's Awakening DX on Switch Virtual Console

Has Nintendo ever taken a game off a voucher? For example, was there a game that was a part of the voucher system for a month or two and then suddenly wasn't anymore? I'm asking because tears of the kingdom is their first $70 game so maybe they catch on to the fact they are losing $20 each time someone redeems that game and remove it from the voucher.
Here I am thinking they purposely made TotK $70 to make the vouchers seem like an awesome deal.

At $70 it’s only $30 for another game that the person may not have spent their money on. It’s a psychological thing and Nintendo knows it.

They have gens 1 and 2 on the 3ds already compatible with bank to home. As well as the 3ds and switch remakes for gen 3 and 1. So they likely won't do ports again for a while so long as they continue to support bank.
All the more reason for them to just port that functionality to the Switch. I mean it's literally all there already, from the wireless trading to the IV conversion from gens 1 and 2 to current gen. And as you said, they won't be making money from the games or Bank in a couple months, so they're not likely to keep Bank running for much longer afterwards

They could even enable functionality between Stadium 1 and 2 on the N64 NSO and gens 1 and 2 on the Game Boy NSO. Yeah it's jumping through some hoops, but it's literally the largest media franchise in the world and we're paying a subscription just to store our Pokemon. I think it's fair if they throw us a bone with some fun niche compatibility

Probably won't happen tho ☹️

bread's done
Back