Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Here I am thinking they purposely made TotK $70 to make the vouchers seem like an awesome deal.

At $70 it’s only $30 for another game that the person may not have spent their money on. It’s a psychological thing and Nintendo knows it.
To me it makes more sense that they made it $70 because it's the first Nintendo-published game to use the 32gb cards, and they wanted to recoup some of the costs somehow. They probably wanted to keep the digital cost consistent so as to not annoy physical retailers, and that would make sense that they don't care if people use vouchers for the eshop version

Of course when they release their next system I'm sure they'll fully jump to $70 games. But literally every other game they announced is $60 or less, so I doubt it's a permanent standard going forward (yet)

I'm tentatively excited for Fashion Dreamer, the developer is syn Sophia who made the legendary Style Savvy games that everyone loves (unironically).

All the more reason for them to just port that functionality to the Switch. I mean it's literally all there already, from the wireless trading to the IV conversion from gens 1 and 2 to current gen. And as you said, they won't be making money from the games or Bank in a couple months, so they're not likely to keep Bank running for much longer afterwards

They could even enable functionality between Stadium 1 and 2 on the N64 NSO and gens 1 and 2 on the Game Boy NSO. Yeah it's jumping through some hoops, but it's literally the largest media franchise in the world and we're paying a subscription just to store our Pokemon. I think it's fair if they throw us a bone with some fun niche compatibility

Probably won't happen tho ☹️
Incorrect about bank. Barring any changes they will continue to support bank for free (because people still need Nintendo online sub and a home sub) they mentionedlast year or so. But yeah it would be better for them if they had kept bank a paid sub but they probably couldn't find a way to make that financially profitable.

I so agree that they should add stadium connectivity too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more voucher questions from me: How long are the vouchers available to purchase? Does Nintendo announce when they will be going away? Does every new first party game get added when they are released?

Incorrect about bank. Barring any changes they will continue to support bank for free (because people still need Nintendo online sub and a home sub) they mentionedlast year or so.
"Barring any changes" is the kicker here. They won't be making any money from Bank anymore and it's on a dead system, so its functionality WILL be taken away at some point. Just a matter of when

Also, they've said the PokeTransfer app will be permanently unobtainable once the eShop goes down, unless you've already downloaded it (you download it through the Bank app). Meaning no one could ever transfer their pre-gen 6 Pokemon, including from the Game Boy Virtual Console games. Yet another reason we need the old Pokemon games on NSO ☹️

"Barring any changes" is the kicker here. They won't be making any money from Bank anymore and it's on a dead system, so its functionality WILL be taken away at some point. Just a matter of when

Also, they've said the PokeTransfer app will be permanently unobtainable once the eShop goes down, unless you've already downloaded it (you download it through the Bank app). Meaning no one could ever transfer their pre-gen 6 Pokemon, including from the Game Boy Virtual Console games. Yet another reason we need the old Pokemon games on NSO ☹️
How much is needed from earlier games that hasn't been made available (or made obsolete) in current games? The Ability Patch gives a Pokemon its Hidden Ability. Between that and methods to catch HA Pokemon in the wild, the guaranteed HAs from the VC games aren't as important. Move set resets when withdrawing from Home to current games mean any old gen exclusive moves aren't available. Some Mythical Pokemon that Nintendo will distribute again.

I've been buying the VC games before they go away, but aside from being able to farm Celebi from Crystal, there doesn't seem to be much usable exclusive stuff that could be moved up.

Disappointed there was no new Super Mario game but then again Nintendo knows they have to do very little to compete right now since they are blowing the competition away. I've had no desire to get a PS5 because perfectly happy with PS4 and the Switch games is where my gaming money has been going and I think a lot of people are doing the same. I expect at least Odyssey DLC though since Nintendo is the house Mario built and they better not forget that. They probably saving it for their next system.

Has anyone tried the eshop discount coupon thing using a 7 day NAP trial?

If so how does it work?

For example if I do a 7 day trial and purchase two games one currently out and one future title (ie Zelda)

Am I good to go?

Or would I need an active NSO at the time of the Zelda release?

Has anyone tried the eshop discount coupon thing using a 7 day NAP trial?

If so how does it work?

For example if I do a 7 day trial and purchase two games one currently out and one future title (ie Zelda)

Am I good to go?

Or would I need an active NSO at the time of the Zelda release?
The vouchers? I think the fine print says you need NSO when the game is releasing since they aren't used until launch.

The vouchers? I think the fine print says you need NSO when the game is releasing since they aren't used until launch.
It does say you need NSO when you purchase and when you redeem

And it does state you can preorder titles with vouchers (which Zelda is available for)

I guess at this point my question is will the 7 day trial let you purchase/use vouchers?

And if you use one on a preorder are you good to go, or do you still need it at time of release

How much is needed from earlier games that hasn't been made available (or made obsolete) in current games?
For the GB/GBA games, just Celebi I think. For all games before the Switch, there are still quite a few unobtainable. Hopefully they fix that with the Scarlet/Violet expansion pack

As long as my $60 Pre-ordered on Zelda holds I'll keep it. I buy physical so i get why so many people are annoyed with the hike. I would never pay $70 for a switch game. If it was for a new nintendo console with modern tech, visuals & performance. Yeah no problem.

It does say you need NSO when you purchase and when you redeem

And it does state you can preorder titles with vouchers (which Zelda is available for)

I guess at this point my question is will the 7 day trial let you purchase/use vouchers?

And if you use one on a preorder are you good to go, or do you still need it at time of release
You need NSO at time of pre order and at time of release to actually use the voucher. No idea if what your asking works with trials.

I'm streaming the Game Boy games for NSO for those that want to see them in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. They have some solid games among the 9 launch titles, though the typical issues I have with NSO not having manuals to help you understand how some of these games work. The GB/GBP/GBC filters 

Super Mario Land 2, Tetris, and Wario Land 3 are my favorite of the titles available now. Alone in the Dark is a neat inclusion for an extreme downport from DC/PS2/PC to the GBC in 2001. Gargoyle's Quest is a weird game that seems like an RPG, but in the guise of a Zelda II. 

For the GB/GBA games, just Celebi I think. For all games before the Switch, there are still quite a few unobtainable. Hopefully they fix that with the Scarlet/Violet expansion pack
Most of the missing are from Gen V and we'll likely see something like Darkest Black and Brightest White later this year to cover most of them. A Meloetta tie-in event covers one of the missing Mythicals, and distributions of Deoyxs, Diancie and Hoopa similar to the Genesect / Volcanion / Marshadow release we got late last year would cover the others. That just leaves 5, with 3 of them an evolutionary line (Furfrou, Pikipek, Trumbeak, Toucannon and Minior). I'm sure we'll see them in some way.

I will be sorry whenever the cutoff occurs because that will block most of my good trade fodder.

I just realized that Untold Tales is running one of those phantom "own one of our games, get most of them at deep discount" type of sales. I only own Dex and it unlocked the deals for me. They seem to be 97% off until 3/15. Here are the prices I'm seeing for their other titles:

Blazing Beaks $0.44
The Hong Kong Massacre $0.59
Gamedec - Definitive Edition $0.89
Aspire: Ina's Tale $0.38
Badland: Game of the Year Edition $0.17
Golf Club Wasteland $0.29
Splatter - Zombiecalypse Now $0.23
Beautiful Desolation $0.59
What Lies in the Multiverse $0.44

I can't see Dex's sale price since I already own it, but since its MSRP is $19.99, I'm assuming it's $0.59.

I've had about half of these games on my wishlist, but never pulled the trigger for whatever reason. Some of them require a bit of space (around 30 gigs for all the ones I listed). Still, 10 decent games for under 5 bucks is a steal. I hope you guys can take advantage of this sale too.

There's like zero chance it gets honored, but eStarland has Tears of the Kingdom on their site for $0.00. Free shipping as well somehow.

Wario has tweeted it, the site is super broken now, and it's been a while, so only give it a try if you're bored.

So dumb question but do the vouchers have a use date on them? Like can you get the new Zelda and then use the other one 6 months later or something?

I just realized that Untold Tales is running one of those phantom "own one of our games, get most of them at deep discount" type of sales. I only own Dex and it unlocked the deals for me. They seem to be 97% off until 3/15. Here are the prices I'm seeing for their other titles:

Blazing Beaks $0.44

I can't see Dex's sale price since I already own it, but since its MSRP is $19.99, I'm assuming it's $0.59.

I've had about half of these games on my wishlist, but never pulled the trigger for whatever reason. Some of them require a bit of space (around 30 gigs for all the ones I listed). Still, 10 decent games for under 5 bucks is a steal. I hope you guys can take advantage of this sale too.
m

I own HONG KONG massacre and every game is showing up full price.

m

I own HONG KONG massacre and every game is showing up full price.
I had to look it up and I guess Untold Tales is joining the Qubic Games 19th anniversary sale.

https://qubicgames.com/19/

I think you get the 97% off Untold Tales games if you own or buy any of these Qubic titles:

Real Boxing 2, Run Sausage Run, Mana Spark, Pocket Pool, Pocket Mini Golf, Robonauts, Pocket Mini Golf 2, Sausage Wars, Om Nom Run, or Puzzle Book.

All of the games are on sale for $1.99, but if you download Coloring Book for free, it brings them all down to $0.49.

Buy any of those specific Qubic games and it should unlock the Untold Tales deal. (Don't get why they make it so freaking complicated).

I had to look it up and I guess Untold Tales is joining the Qubic Games 19th anniversary sale. https://qubicgames.com/19/
I think you get the 97% off Untold Tales games if you own or buy any of these Qubic titles:
Real Boxing 2, Run Sausage Run, Mana Spark, Pocket Pool, Pocket Mini Golf, Robonauts, Pocket Mini Golf 2, Sausage Wars, Om Nom Run, or Puzzle Book.
All of the games are on sale for $1.99, but if you download Coloring Book for free, it brings them all down to $0.49.
Buy any of those specific Qubic games and it should unlock the Untold Tales deal. (Don't get why they make it so freaking complicated).
Thanks I got Gamedec & What Lies in the Multiverse for free with my gold coins. Both of these were on my wishlist and they look way better than the usual Qubic junk.

Is there anyplace other than Costco with discounts on credit? Or a hack for Costco if you’re not a member?

Trying to get some credit to get the vouchers like others.
I had a Sam's Club membership last year. The local Sam's Club always had a $100 pack of eShop cards (5 x $20) on sale for $89.99.

I think I remember the $100 being $79.99 at some point, but I'm pretty sure it was "normally" $89.99 for $100 in credit.

I don't have a membership this year (expired in December), but that's one option.

Blazing Beaks $0.44

Thanks! I posted about the QubicGames anniversary sale but didn't even know about the Untold Tales stuff. And you're right, these deals are way too complicated and poorly advertised.
Anyway, I got Blazing Beaks, Aspire, and Badland :) (I already have Golf Club Wasteland but that's a good one too)

Target has added totk to b1g1 1/2 off… if you want physical seems like that can’t be beat.
Thanks! They also added Metroid Prime, Samba, and Pikmin 4.

TotK CE is included but sold out. Too bad since $98 is a more reasonable price for it. I’m good with the standard for $53.

$76.89+tax for Metroid and Tears. Not bad.

Subtotal (2 items)
$109.98
Discounts
$15 Off Storewide
Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off Select Books
Movies And Games
Target Circle Earnings

didn’t use red card since I still had Target credit when it was 15% off over the holidays. WINNING

How did you manage to find the link? I tried searching for Pikmin 4 and Bayonetta Origins and couldn't find anything.

Found Pikmin 4 and Metroid Prime via the store links on Deku Deals. Couldn't find Target listing for Bayonetta, Katamari, or Rhapsody, unfortunately.

I dont know if it is just me but searching on Target would not bring it up for me so here is the link to Zelda:

https://www.target.com/p/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom/-/A-88492050

I cannot bring myself to order that (I hate Breath of the Wild), so I ordered Metroid and Cult of the Lamb.

I dont know if it is just me but searching on Target would not bring it up for me so here is the link to Zelda:

https://www.target.com/p/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom/-/A-88492050

I cannot bring myself to order that (I hate Breath of the Wild), so I ordered Metroid and Cult of the Lamb.
Can you share the secret to finding the ‘hidden’ items? I’m trying to see if they added Disgaea 7, Rhapsody and Katamari. Found disgaea 7 & rhapsody via regular search for the PlayStation but want to get them on the Switch.

I know past target promotions of bogo 50% you can just order the same thing twice and then cancel the second one. Any chance I can do that to get one copy of Breath of the wild for cheap? Or would it make sense to just pay for both and return one once I pick it up? 

I used the link through Deku Deals to find it.
Now that was the trick I needed.

I know past target promotions of bogo 50% you can just order the same thing twice and then cancel the second one. Any chance I can do that to get one copy of Breath of the wild for cheap? Or would it make sense to just pay for both and return one once I pick it up?
order and cancel right away. easiest is to order another different game and cancel that one. I used dead space.

Do be aware that Target will ping your CC weekly with the full amount of the order (not the value after the cancel).

As usual many games only appear with the promo applicable on their individual sales pages. And as always make sure to grab any preorders the moment a sale goes live before it is fixed.

Now that was the trick I needed.

order and cancel right away. easiest is to order another different game and cancel that one. I used dead space.

Do be aware that Target will ping your CC weekly with the full amount of the order (not the value after the cancel).
Can you explain the ping part? Meaning it will just show as pending but not charge it? And for how long?

Target pre-orders of Zelda TotK and Metroid Prime have sold out. Pikmin 4 still available.

That doesn’t help. Pikmin 4, Zelda totk, and Metroid prime do not show up that way but they are in the system and orderable.
They show up for me through that link. Maybe reset your cookies or try another browser. -edit- They come up normally for me in Edge and Chrome but not in Firefox. Could still be cookie related though since I didn't reset anything.

Can you explain the ping part? Meaning it will just show as pending but not charge it? And for how long?
Pending does not count as a charge, meaning you will not be billed for anything pending when your cycle hits. For debit cards though, pending amounts are deducted from your available funds. Target continues pending until the order is fulfilled.

I think the target deal is dead for the good games. I had Zelda in my cart and got an error message and now pikmin, zelda, and metroid all say 'notify me when in stock' using their direct links above. 

I grabbed Metroid Prime Remastered digitally on Wednesday evening as soon as it became available. It really looks and runs great and so hope they will do prime 2 and 3 to set up everyone for Prime 4. 

Highly recommended…….. 

bread's done
Back