Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Are the nintnedo game vouchers sold out for everyone? I keep seeing people saying they might get one, but when I go to the page the button is greyed out and I can't purchase it. Am I missing something?

EDIT::

Oh, wait. I don't have the paid online service. I guess that's why. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn…missed the target pre order deal. I checked yesterday too but Metroid wasn’t eligible at the time. Must’ve accidentally flipped the switch overnight.

What do you mean by the Zelda pre order being dead? I can add it to my cart. I can also add Metroid Prime. Do you mean the B1G1 doesn't work for them?

What do you mean by the Zelda pre order being dead? I can add it to my cart. I can also add Metroid Prime. Do you mean the B1G1 doesn't work for them?
Zelda was out of stock earlier today, but isn't now, apparently. However I don't see the BOGO promo on it now, which is more likely why it couldn't be ordered for a while, they took it down to remove that.

Apparently, the B1G1 50% off deal was working on Zelda, Pikmin 4, and Metroid for a short period of time.
Yes, it was working on those. I had some in my cart and was debating on purchasing when they fixed it and I got an error code. Now they don't work for the bogo50% I wonder if they'll honor it for those who got it in time or if they'll cancel the orders.

I loved Power Pros on Wii. Awesome to see WBSC eBASEBALL: Power Pros and for just 99 cents! I'm probably just going to play against my kids but still think that'd cost $5 or $10 on a Nintendo console.

If anyone sees a deal pop up for eShop codes for 10% off or more without needing a membership, please post it here 🤗

Newegg has the $50 codes for 10% off sometimes (not right now), and I think they permanently have the $10 codes at 8.6% off. But you can only buy three codes at a time for each of those

NintendoLife has all of them at 5% off permanently, and Dollar General occasionally has some sales on cards

Gotta stack all the deals we can for these vouchers

If anyone sees a deal pop up for eShop codes for 10% off or more without needing a membership, please post it here

Newegg has the $50 codes for 10% off sometimes (not right now), and I think they permanently have the $10 codes at 8.6% off. But you can only buy three codes at a time for each of those

NintendoLife has all of them at 5% off permanently, and Dollar General occasionally has some sales on cards

Gotta stack all the deals we can for these vouchers
raise occasionally has % off promo codes.

I grabbed Metroid Prime Remastered digitally on Wednesday evening as soon as it became available. It really looks and runs great and so hope they will do prime 2 and 3 to set up everyone for Prime 4.

Highly recommended……..
I picked up the Metroid remaster too. It's amazing how great the game looks on the Switch. It's like a brand new game. I played for over an hour this evening. Well worth the $40 asking price.

I picked up the Metroid remaster too. It's amazing how great the game looks on the Switch. It's like a brand new game. I played for over an hour this evening. Well worth the $40 asking price.
I never buy digital so I cannot wait for the physical release. Am gonna move to jump back into this... I hated the Wii release since I hated Wiimote controls so super happy they allow for a traditional control scheme on this. Would be even better if you could use a GC controller via the adapter to play this.

So, I'd like to pick the game up, but I'm worried about it feeling dated. The only Metroid game I've played is Dread, which was great. I'm worried I'll buy Prime and it'll feel like an old version of Doom or something

I never buy digital so I cannot wait for the physical release. Am gonna move to jump back into this... I hated the Wii release since I hated Wiimote controls so super happy they allow for a traditional control scheme on this. Would be even better if you could use a GC controller via the adapter to play this.
I just tested it with the Gamecube adapter that was released for the Wii U and one of my Gamecube controllers. It works as expected. There are settings under controls for classic control settings. I prefer the modern control scheme with the pro controller though.

I just tested it with the Gamecube adapter that was released for the Wii U and one of my Gamecube controllers. It works as expected. There are settings under controls for classic control settings. I prefer the modern control scheme with the pro controller though.
Oh shit, it's on now... or it will when I eventually get the game.

So, I'd like to pick the game up, but I'm worried about it feeling dated. The only Metroid game I've played is Dread, which was great. I'm worried I'll buy Prime and it'll feel like an old version of Doom or something
Metroid Prime was pretty advanced for it's time and the remaster makes it look and feel like the best modern 3D games on consoles. The game is a first person 3D adventure game. Metroid Dread is more a classic 2D version of Metroid with modern 3D models and graphics. Both are good for different reasons in my opinion.

Hopefully, Metroid Prime preorders go back up again on Amazon, Target, and Best Buy soon.

I have a target gc I want to use on it, but was surprised to see they’re “sold out”.

The game is amazing and we’ll worth the money imo. Would absolutely purchase 2 and 3 if they released in this quality.

The one thing that sticks out is how much easier it is with the modern controls compared to the original GameCube controls. Even better than the Wii motion controls which were a big upgrade back in the day. Will def dive in to the harder modes after beating normal.

Metroid Prime was pretty advanced for it's time and the remaster makes it look and feel like the best modern 3D games on consoles. The game is a first person 3D adventure game. Metroid Dread is more a classic 2D version of Metroid with modern 3D models and graphics. Both are good for different reasons in my opinion.
I went ahead and picked it up. Really enjoying it so far. Definitely a legit remaster

That said, at least DmC’s Dante isn’t quite as repulsive as DMC’s.
I think he’s a fun character, and I don’t remember any scenes too problematic, if that’s what you’re talking about. Other than being the one supposed to fill Trish’s dark soul with LIIIIIIGHT-Liiiight-liiight...And DMC has Nero as a more generic hero character to play off original Dante’s increasing zaniness now. I don’t remember much about DmC Dante other than the haircut and constant profanity. Didn’t his game have a scene where he slaughters a bunch of demonic so called B*thches and Wh*res at a strip club though? The ones fawning at his feet in most of the promo images. What I remember of that is more repulsive than anything I can recall about original Dante, but it’s been awhile.

Portal Companion Collection down to $11.99 already.

Just played through the first Portal again on my Steam Deck, but very tempted to get these yet again.
Got these on the $13.39 sale just before Christmas, played them both for the first time within the week. Look great, run great (solid 60 fps while played entirely in tabletop), only minor gripe is that the loading times between levels/death screens are a little long.

Tbh if you have it on Deck I don't see much of a reason to get it on Switch though.

Top down DMC? I can’t comprehend this but I’m curious. Also, just noting DmC is the one we do not talk about and I doubt inspired anything, DMC is the main series
Ah right, big mistake on my part. I completely forgot about that one aside from the name. It's heavily combo-based so I guess that's the link going from the preview I read. Not a lot of reviews up, but I thought I'd support a solo dev. It goes on sale digitally for around $6 regularly as well.

If you guys are buying from Amazon don't forget to try the most recent Hub Locker coupon code PICKUP10OFF
It's for $10 off $25 and it works on preorders. Select a Hub Locker as the shipping destination before you enter the code.

Items must be shipped and sold by Amazon and fit inside of a Hub Locker compartment. These codes usually don't work for me, but this one did, so I went ahead and preordered Zelda TOTK

If you guys are buying from Amazon don't forget to try the most recent Hub Locker coupon code PICKUP10OFF
It's for $10 off $25 and it works on preorders. Select a Hub Locker as the shipping destination before you enter the code.
Items must be shipped and sold by Amazon, and fit inside of a Hub Locker compartment. These codes usually don't work for me, but this one did, so I went ahead and preordered Zelda TOTK
Thank you!

I would be interested in joycon made for the Game Boy games. A dpad where the left analog nub is and buttons like the Game Boy on the right joycon.
Yeah, I'd buy this for sure. Especially with the Battle Network collection coming. I haven't been playing the GB/A games in handheld mode at all because the d-pad is a bit too uncomfortable for me to use.

I don't even play games that require a Dpad (or are better with one) in handheld, just because I don't like not having one. I might buy a joycon with a Dpad, but I feel like I've already invested enough into controllers, with two 8bitdo Pro 2 and an adapter for other controllers.

My wife got me a 3D printed clip for my Pro Controller that lets me use it in handheld mode. Might be something to consider. I think she bought it on Etsy.

I would be interested in joycon made for the Game Boy games. A dpad where the left analog nub is and buttons like the Game Boy on the right joycon.
Not a perfect solution but the official NES controllers will work as joycons when playing in handheld mode.... though it looks a bit monsterous. If not concerned with playing in handheld, then the NES controllers should work for GB stuff, though I think the better deal are the SNES controllers as they have a wider range of compatibility since they have the extra ZL/ZR buttons on top as well as the standard L&R.

Not a perfect solution but the official NES controllers will work as joycons when playing in handheld mode.... though it looks a bit monsterous. If not concerned with playing in handheld, then the NES controllers should work for GB stuff, though I think the better deal are the SNES controllers as they have a wider range of compatibility since they have the extra ZL/ZR buttons on top as well as the standard L&R.
Have the NES, SNES, N64, and Sega Switch controllers and playing with NES attached is a joke.

Has anyone in the USA received their bonus "double gold points" yet?  Some folks in other countries said they had gotten theirs today/yesterday, but I'm not seeing any bonus coins in my USA account.

I checked my Canadian account, and I received THOSE bonus coins on the 14th... it sounds like Nintendo is staggering the release.

Have the NES, SNES, N64, and Sega Switch controllers and playing with NES attached is a joke.
I feel like all these classic console accessories are a total waste of money. I rarely use them since the pro controller works just fine with the classic console games for me. I tried using the N64 controller for Goldeneye with the standard control scheme and it did not make the game any easier to play for me. I know that is the "authentic" way to play, but my mind has been conditioned to play FPS games a certain way for the past 20 years.

bread's done
Back