Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Chances of Super Mario 3D All-Stars getting a limited digital re-release to tie in with Mario movie? Lots of switches have been sold since it was delisted.

I have it physically but would like to own digitally since I made the jump over to digital only.

This is the eshop thread.
Wait, really?

bfb9bf7ad6ef6d09e72093303f824684.gif

Chances of Super Mario 3D All-Stars getting a limited digital re-release to tie in with Mario movie? Lots of switches have been sold since it was delisted.

I have it physically but would like to own digitally since I made the jump over to digital only.
Nintendo doesn't like money.

So, planning on spending the weekend going through the eshop and grab what i can before the eshop shuts down next month. Anyone happen to have a good link to a list of what's out there that will be unobtainable (legally) once it shuts down? Both for Wiiu and DS.

I stocked up. Get those joycon before Wario tweets about it.

Product Sku Quantity Price Subtotal
Fire Emblem Engage Button Pin set
$0.00
$0.00
Pokémon™ Scarlet and Pokémon™ Violet Highlighter
$0.00
$0.00
Pokémon™ Scarlet and Pokémon™ Violet Mini-Notebook
$0.00
$0.00
Kirby's Dream Buffet Keychain
$0.00
$0.00
My Nintendo 2023 Desktop Calendar
$0.00
$0.00
Splatoon x Pokémon Splatfest Keychain Set
$0.00
$0.00
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope: Spark Keychain
$0.00
$0.00
Splatoon 3: Splatsville Shopping Bag
$0.00
$0.00
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Invitation Greeting Card Set
$0.00
$0.00
Mario & Me: A Three-Year Journey Journal Book
$0.00
$0.00
Nintendo Switch Sports - Spocco Square Cooling Towel
$0.00
$0.00
Pokémon™ Legends: Arceus Galaxy Expedition Team and Poké Ball Cable Strap
$0.00
$0.00
Mario Strikers™: Battle League Drawstring Bag
$0.00
$0.00
Joy-Con (R) - Mario Odyssey Red - REFURBISHED
$29.99
$29.99
Joy-Con (R) - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - REFURBISHED
$29.99
$29.99

I stocked up. Get those joycon before Wario tweets about it.

Product Sku Quantity Price Subtotal
Fire Emblem Engage Button Pin set
$0.00
$0.00
Pokémon™ Scarlet and Pokémon™ Violet Highlighter
$0.00
$0.00
Pokémon™ Scarlet and Pokémon™ Violet Mini-Notebook
$0.00
$0.00
Kirby's Dream Buffet Keychain
$0.00
$0.00
My Nintendo 2023 Desktop Calendar
$0.00
$0.00
Splatoon x Pokémon Splatfest Keychain Set
$0.00
$0.00
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope: Spark Keychain
$0.00
$0.00
Splatoon 3: Splatsville Shopping Bag
$0.00
$0.00
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Invitation Greeting Card Set
$0.00
$0.00
Mario & Me: A Three-Year Journey Journal Book
$0.00
$0.00
Nintendo Switch Sports - Spocco Square Cooling Towel
$0.00
$0.00
Pokémon™ Legends: Arceus Galaxy Expedition Team and Poké Ball Cable Strap
$0.00
$0.00
Mario Strikers™: Battle League Drawstring Bag
$0.00
$0.00
Joy-Con (R) - Mario Odyssey Red - REFURBISHED
$29.99
$29.99
Joy-Con (R) - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - REFURBISHED
$29.99
$29.99
Is $30 for 1 refurbished Joy-Con a good deal? That's still $60 for the pair.

if anyone else is looking for something to use their newfound coins on, every Sega Ages title (except Outrun) is at a $2.79 all-time low.

If you don’t know where to start, this probably helps:
https://retronauts.com/article/1718/sega-ages-for-nintendo-switch-the-rundown
Good prices all around, I might grab the last few I'm missing.
Phantasy Star and Virtua Racing are the two that really stood out to me for having marked improvements over past releases, although they all have a little something extra.

I used to like collecting controllers, but the joycons are so expensive yet so crappy that it's not even worth trying to collect all the variants. I'm good with my white joycons from the OLED, and the split pad from Hori

Joycon drift rate is too frequent. A refurbished one probably already had drift issues before it was "fixed" so it may drift again sooner than a new one. I don't see the point in buying one that's refurbished, especially when it's that expensive

Joycon drift rate is too frequent. A refurbished one probably already had drift issues before it was "fixed" so it may drift again sooner than a new one. I don't see the point in buying one that's refurbished, especially when it's that expensive
They would have just replaced the joystick module. It's not worth fixing it.

I know Nintendo does not like money but it would be awesome if they did a shadow drop of Mario Galaxy  2 on Mario day to have a new game out on the Switch for the Mario movie.

Peach did say in the move trailer “There is huge universe out there with a lot of galaxies”  ;)

Also notice how they have no releases in March from the Nintendo direct  :whistle2:k

I know Nintendo does not like money but it would be awesome if they did a shadow drop of Mario Galaxy 2 on Mario day to have a new game out on the Switch for the Mario movie.

Peach did say in the move trailer “There is huge universe out there with a lot of galaxies” ;)

Also notice how they have no releases in March from the Nintendo direct :whistle2:k
I still hate how Galaxy 2 is the one mainline 3D Mario game they left off the Switch

Just like Xenoblade Chronicles X is the only game in the series not on Switch

I still hate how Galaxy 2 is the one mainline 3D Mario game they left off the Switch

Just like Xenoblade Chronicles X is the only game in the series not on Switch
It should have been part of 3D All-Stars but I guess they had other plans for that one (at least I hope they do).

With the rise in popularity of Xenoblade series I think we get a Chronicles X definitive edition or at lease an upgraded version of it for the Switch.

Switch 2 is likely coming sometime next year and Nintendo has likely shifted most game development over to that system.

Now we get some remasters to hold us over until Switch 2 is released. I am guessing:

Prime 2

Prime 3

Windwaker HD

Twilight Princess HD

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Galaxy 2

Could even be another surprise remaster or two added to whatever may come from that list. If that list was to come true to hold us over, I would be more than happy with those games as releases.

End of speculation post :razz:

Last edited by a moderator:
It should have been part of 3D All-Stars but I guess they had other plans for that one (at least I hope they do).

With the rise in popularity of Xenoblade series I think we get a Chronicles X definitive edition or at lease an upgraded version of it for the Switch.

Switch 2 is likely coming sometime next year and Nintendo has likely shifted most game development over to that system.

Now we get some remasters to hold us over until Switch 2 is released. I am guessing:

Prime 2

Prime 3

Windwaker HD

Twilight Princess HD

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Galaxy 2

Could even be another surprise remaster or two added to whatever may come from that list. If that list was to come true to hold us over, I would be more than happy with those games as releases.

End of speculation post :razz:
Pokemon Presents is on Monday. I would love to add Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness to that list. They've already revived Mystery Dungeon and Snap on the switch, and we are getting Stadium. Let's not leave the Orre region stuck in the days of the GameCube.

So, planning on spending the weekend going through the eshop and grab what i can before the eshop shuts down next month. Anyone happen to have a good link to a list of what's out there that will be unobtainable (legally) once it shuts down? Both for Wiiu and DS.
https://www.nintendolife.com/guides/23-best-wii-u-eshop-games-you-should-get-before-theyre-gone-forever?page=3

That list also connects to 3DS and DSiWare games.

Can anyone share their experience with the splitpad compact or something like it? The switch undocked is so damn uncomfortable and need something great to use while undocked. My hands are pretty big. Thanks in advance.

I know Nintendo does not like money but it would be awesome if they did a shadow drop of Mario Galaxy 2 on Mario day to have a new game out on the Switch for the Mario movie.

Peach did say in the move trailer “There is huge universe out there with a lot of galaxies” ;)

Also notice how they have no releases in March from the Nintendo direct :whistle2:k
Only shadow drop you will get is Super Mario Land for Game Boy.

Can anyone share their experience with the splitpad compact or something like it? The switch undocked is so damn uncomfortable and need something great to use while undocked. My hands are pretty big. Thanks in advance.
I’ve had the first Split Pad Pros for the last couple of years and almost never go back to the Joy-cons. I’d say they’re absolutely essential if you want to play in bed or something without it slipping off and hitting you in the face.

I haven’t gotten to try the new compact ones unfortunately.

My hands are big. Splitpad was a good grip comfort but still felt kind of cheap relative to the cost and the buttons were mushy and imprecise.

I've switched to a knock off Satisfye grip and it's been perfect.

The OIVO switch grip with upgraded stand on Amazon. It's usually under $20 and as low as $14 on sale.

I also Switched off (hah) of the Hori Split Pad Pro. The buttons kind of suck and the sticks don't feel precise enough to me. It's good but not great. I was playing Super Mario Odyssey and went back to the joy cons to get a better playing game (I was missing too many jumps). 

I also Switched off (hah) of the Hori Split Pad Pro. The buttons kind of suck and the sticks don't feel precise enough to me. It's good but not great. I was playing Super Mario Odyssey and went back to the joy cons to get a better playing game (I was missing too many jumps).
I just got a split pad compact and the joycon sticks are definitely better. I think it's because the split pad compact has a bit of a deadzone while the joycons don't. It's probably not very noticeable in most games, but I started playing Kirby Return to Dreamland Deluxe now and tested it with the stick and it's harder to dash with it. It's super easy to dash with the joycons. The upside is the dpad is amazing. Before this I was using the hori left dpad controller, which has an okay dpad but a bit too mushy and cheap feeling. In comparison the split pad compacts dpad is waaaay better. I haven't had any issues with the buttons feeling cheap. They're mushier than the joycons but I have heard they're an improvement over the spli pad pro.

I love the feeling of the compact and I think the dpad is great, but you should only really buy it for the dpad and the comfort. The sticks are a downgrade compared to the joycons IMO. If anyone is interested in them you can find them cheaper on eBay, I got mine new for $30 and I've seen them used as low as $20

I still love my split pad pro. I own two sets and haven't had any issues. The new version looks thinner which doesn't appeal to me. I prefer the controller-like feel of the old ones.

I don't know how people can say they like the regular joycons better than the split pad pro, unless they have the tiniest hands ever or something. I could never go back to the regular joycons

I haven't been able to try the smaller version of the split pad they made recently, but maybe that would address some complaints with the original. Not that I had any complaints to begin with

I've used the original split pad pro for hundreds of hours and they still work great. I couldn't say the same for the regular joycons if I used them anywhere near that long

Just picked some up cheap used and I love em. The sticks and general construction is tighter than the pro and the shape of them still offers a great grip without the handles. I like em better than the pro, personally

Target has the gray for $40 (like Best Buy) but you may also have a 20% off video game accessories coupon.
Thanks fam, i really wanted the gengar ones, i know not very chepass of me but ive been waiting for that controller to be in stock somewhere, its been 70 or so on ebay so i feel like $50 is a win

The one thing I noticed that's not mentioned in any reviews for the Split Pad Compact (and probably the Pro too) is that it has the potential to scratch up the backplate of the switch. I noticed it yesterday when taking it off of my V1 switch. The affected area is pretty small but it left marks on both sides. Doesn't matter to me since mine is an OG switch and not a special edition.. but I wouldn't risk using it on a special edition switch. Otherwise backplates are pretty easy and cheap to replace.

Yikes on the Scarlet & Violet DLC.  $35 and they are separate for the games.  So $70 if you have both games.  

$50 eshop card for $40 right now on Costco website. Believe it might be limit 2.
Nope, looks like they upped the limit. Page says limit 3. Valid through 3/3. They probably also have the 4 x $25 (100) pack on sale in store because the disclaimer says check in warehouse for that. I can’t check until Friday though.

The one thing I noticed that's not mentioned in any reviews for the Split Pad Compact (and probably the Pro too) is that it has the potential to scratch up the backplate of the switch. I noticed it yesterday when taking it off of my V1 switch. The affected area is pretty small but it left marks on both sides. Doesn't matter to me since mine is an OG switch and not a special edition.. but I wouldn't risk using it on a special edition switch. Otherwise backplates are pretty easy and cheap to replace.
Yeah, just put split pad compacts on my oled switch this morning, pulled them off and it looks like there are a couple scuffs on there. Not too upset, they’re small and it’s not like this is any kind of special edition, just my day to day switch.

Scored Metroid Prime Remastered at Target today. Check your stores even if they show oos online. The Richmond, CA store had 1 left on the floor after I grabbed mine.

Nope, looks like they upped the limit. Page says limit 3. Valid through 3/3. They probably also have the 4 x $25 (100) pack on sale in store because the disclaimer says check in warehouse for that. I can’t check until Friday though.
Good to know. My store had the 4×25 packs I didn't think to see if they were additionally discounted more than the norm.

bread's done
Back