Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I got my Wii U new in 2012 at launch. It wasn't to far into it's life that when I tried to turn it on with the gamepad or front power button it would come up and say could not connect to gamepad. I have to hold the power button down for about 4 seconds to get it to work and start up. This is something I've gotten use to and I notice if I play it like within a day or 2 it might not do it always but longer it sits in standby the more likely it is to not startup first time. I can always tell if it's going to start first try or not because I hear the disc being accessed for the main menu. Anyone else deal with this for years or just me?
Every once in a while I will have the issue you mention. Not seen it in a while though.

I do get that error screen about the memory being corrupt only when I switch to Wii mode on the Wii U. It takes several reboots to actually launch into Wii mode. The funny thing is when I launch digitally purchased Wii games I don't ever see this issue. I have had this issue for years. Not a big deal since I don't launch into Wii mode on the Wii U very often. I have an original Wii hooked up if I want to play games for that system.

What happened if you don't mind sharing?
Game was about 20-30 minutes long if you didn't complete side quests. Had 5 (I believe been a bit) quick and basic Final Fantasy Tactics like missions. Barely any story. Digital was like $2 I think while the physical was $40. Was mainly a gimmick to get the last physical 3DS game ever or something like that, and I don't even believe it has that honor. It was more a proof of concept than anything. Now the author has released a 10 second game that could be made into a complete game (I doubt it). Pissed myself off enough to just sell the game very soon after I received it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I'm done with Wii U eShop. Only found three games with DLC that were missing from the 'Games with DLC' section of the eShop.

1. Breath of the Wild (kinda a big one to leave off such a list)

2. LEGO Dimensions (it's all free DLC but requires the physical toys)

3. SDK Paint (not gonna buy that to see if DLC is in-game only)

Then some were on the 'Games with DLC' section but didn't have any visible DLC in the eShop like Bit.Trip Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien. I have that game but saw no DLC from the in-game menus either so no clue what's up.
Found another one with hidden DLC: SteamWorld Heist. So weird that the DLC isn't listed in the eShop entry.

I feel like I got my money's worth, since I always viewed it as a novelty, and the developer is pretty candid about his capacity and the depth of the games.

And the physical product was at the same level of quality as you'd expect from an Atlus, or somesuch, initial print deluxe edition type package.

The dev has also issued one patch and is priming another by the end of the month to add more content.  The physical product was always going to be a conversation piece, I never expected it to be mind blowing.  As someone who collects SRPGs, it's definitely welcome in my collection.

Hello, All, hope you and your families are doing well.

Some questions about buying and downloading 3DS and DS games, as I was trying to take advantage of some sales before the shop closes.

So, I had a terrible time trying to get going on this.  At first, when I was going through the online eShop, it kept saying there was a restriction in the parental settings on the 3DS -- well, for us, the 2DS XL -- even thought I cleared all of that out to try and fix the error every time I was trying to do a direct download.

I tried going through the 2DS' eShop, but was having a heckuva time trying to get it to load without error, too.

Anywho, finally, via the online eShop, it let me go past the direct download step on to confirm purchase.  Great!  

Then, it said to put the 2DS to sleep to begin download.  Well, nothing happened there.  

So, I went back to the online eShop to look at the game to see if it said "owned" or "purchased", but nothing.  It also wasn't in my order history.  I checked my funds, and it went down, so I purchased something.

So, I went back to the 2DS, and into its shop, and it had the "redownload" tab, so I clicked that.  And lo and behold, there was the game.

So, I let it download.  A few dropped connections later, and it's complete.

My questions are:

Do 3DS and DS games show in the online eShop purchase history?

When you search for games, does it show "owned" or "purchased"?

Were you to purchase it again -- not realizing -- would it say "you already own this"?

Is there a way to add the 3DS games to the cart in the online eShop, or is it just "direct download" only?

And, in y'all's experience, is it easier to get the games in the console eShop or the online one?

Both are...frustrating...but it definitely seems easier to navigate the online shop, but it might be easier to download the games in console, bypassing the middle-man, if you will.

Anywho, thank y'all for any help here, and sorry for rambling so much.  I appreciate you.  Take care, everyone.

I never actually used the web store for 3DS purchases, mainly because that wasn't a thing in the system's early days. IIRC on the system there's no cart so you have to purchase everything one at a time.

I had thought that they removed the 3ds and wiiu libraries from the web store. Much like Sony has the psp vita and ps3 stores.
Nope, it's actually easier to buy your stuff from the web store. The only thing not listed is DLC, because they require you to go through the game to buy it. Something I think a lot of people may miss out on...

Thanks for the replies, all.

One related question:  what is the proper way to transfer sd card data to a new one for the 3DS (or 2DS XL, in our case)?  Any caveats?  

I'm also going to do this with our Switch, as well, but not sure if the process is basically the same.

It seems to be to move it via my computer, but I just want to make sure and lean on y'all's experience a bit.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Thanks for the replies, all.

One related question: what is the proper way to transfer sd card data to a new one for the 3DS (or 2DS XL, in our case)? Any caveats?

I'm also going to do this with our Switch, as well, but not sure if the process is basically the same.

It seems to be to move it via my computer, but I just want to make sure and lean on y'all's experience a bit.

Thanks for any help and advice.
On 3DS you can just copy-paste the files onto the new card, don’t recall having much trouble on the few times I’ve done it.

On Switch I do recommend you format the card to FAT32 on a computer before using it. The system defaults to exFAT format and that’s had some troubles in the past.
Besides that you can just copy your stuff onto it too.

Finally bought Gurumin 3D for $2. I missed it last time it was on sale.  Most likely my last 3DS purchase unless they add more game sales next week.  Was also able to buy from the web store and then download to my 3DS.

My questions are:

Do 3DS and DS games show in the online eShop purchase history?

When you search for games, does it show "owned" or "purchased"?

Were you to purchase it again -- not realizing -- would it say "you already own this"?

Is there a way to add the 3DS games to the cart in the online eShop, or is it just "direct download" only?

And, in y'all's experience, is it easier to get the games in the console eShop or the online one?

Both are...frustrating...but it definitely seems easier to navigate the online shop, but it might be easier to download the games in console, bypassing the middle-man, if you will.

Anywho, thank y'all for any help here, and sorry for rambling so much. I appreciate you. Take care, everyone.
Just make sure the accounts you're using online and on the 3DS are the same. If you bought it on the webpage, then on the 3DS, it should say "redownload". And vice versa if you bought it on the 3DS, then checked the webpage later on, it should say "already downloaded". Unfortunately, Nintendo's purchase method does not have a shopping cart, so "direct download" only. For me, it's easier to buy it from the webpage. Maybe it's because of how my wifi works, the 3DS can be spotty at times, and also it won't stop you from buying it, just because you don't have enough space on your SD card.

Do you guys think that's it for the 3DS and WiiU sales? Was there anything new today? I found a handful of games I want to get, but don't know if I should wait for a sale.

It's also sad to see that a ton of games have been quietly delisted over the last few years, and there's not really a complete list of them online. Tappingo 2 is just gone and nobody knows why.

The only thing you can transfer on the Switch are the screenshots/videos.

If you try to move the actual files/folders over for software, they won't be recognized, and the Switch will insist on downloading everything again.

A final reminder that today is the last day for the Qubic/Untold Tales secret sale. It ends at 12am PST. All the info is here:

https://qubicgames.com/sales/

The newest Qubic release, Neodori Forever and a few other titles are showing up for $.49. Going to pick that one up along with Death's Hangover. Hopefully some of you can take advantage of this one.

I think unless there's a minute sale and Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright for 3DS or Rhythm Heaven Fever for Wii U, I may have everything I want. I bought all the games in Rusty's Real Deal Baseball (highly recommended, BTW) and Rhythm Heaven Megamix (also good). It has made me more interested in playing my 3DS again, which has been an added benefit. I've never been one to play my Switch in handheld mode, but I do like having a dedicated handheld - some games just feel more portable-friendly than others.

Gurumin 3D is $1.99. Just picked it up myself.

The big questipn for me is what DLC to get. I have lots 3DS physical games, would hate to be blocked out from important DLC. Heard the DLC for Fantasy Life is pretty substantial, and that there is a Fire Emblem game only available via DLC as well?

Gurumin 3D is $1.99. Just picked it up myself.

The big questipn for me is what DLC to get. I have lots 3DS physical games, would hate to be blocked out from important DLC. Heard the DLC for Fantasy Life is pretty substantial, and that there is a Fire Emblem game only available via DLC as well?
Short answer, yes. It's for Fire Emblem Fates, and it's kinda weird. In terms of story DLC, It's Birthright/Conquest, and Revelations. But wait, aren't Birthright and Conquest the main games? Yes, but this game did something that I wished Pokemon would've done; you can buy the other version as DLC. I think there are some other story DLC that are not just challenge maps that I'm forgetting. It's been a while.

For me, it's easier to buy it from the webpage. Maybe it's because of how my wifi works, the 3DS can be spotty at times, and also it won't stop you from buying it, just because you don't have enough space on your SD card.
Ah, yes. I did run in to that, and I was like "what am I supposed to do?" But I looked that up and saw that Nintendo had that restriction / requirement on the 3DS downloads from the system.

So, I did like you and did the direct download from the web eShop...when that would work, mind you. For me, it was very finicky with its relationship with the 3DS. Sometimes, I'd get an error about my settings are preventing this action, and other times, it would go through like nothing was wrong. Never a dull moment. Well, thanks for the reply and help. Take care.

The only thing you can transfer on the Switch are the screenshots/videos.

If you try to move the actual files/folders over for software, they won't be recognized, and the Switch will insist on downloading everything again.
Oh, okay. I wasn't sure what all was stored where. I've read that some folks have copied from the old sd card (including hidden folders) to their PC (some say Macs are a little more difficult if it works at all), and then they copy back to the new sd card with no issues. But, as always YMMV, I suppose. At any rate, thank you for the info and help. Take care.

As it looks like that is it for 3ds and Wii U sales I finished up my shopping. I wanted to buy more but with few sales and purchases that are tied to systems it’s difficult.
I just had to tell myself if I really want to play something in the future I can hack some of my secondary systems.

3ds dlc is such a pain. I ended up buying Hyrule warriors 3ds to ge the dlc. I couldn’t find a CIB copy cheaper then the Eshop and it includes a theme. Got the rest of the Zelda 3ds themes and BOTW dlc for Wii U.

Picked up all the capcom games I didn’t have. Took me 3 days to redownload my Wii U library to a SSD. Cant believe how slow it is.

I haven't actually bought (operative word) any 3DS content in several years. I just browsed through Circle Entertainment's catalog since I used to be a big fan of their stuff, and it looks like I've already purchased everything I'm interested in from them. Maybe I'll buy Gurumin since I liked that on PSP, but other than that my 3DS digital shopping is at an end.

Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled is at its low of $13.99 until 3/22 

Long load times but it runs alright and looks alright, and supposedly long load times on other platforms as well/ never got a 'next gen' patch on other consoles/isnt available on PC or SteamDeck 

Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled is at its low of $13.99 until 3/22

Long load times but it runs alright and looks alright, and supposedly long load times on other platforms as well/ never got a 'next gen' patch on other consoles/isnt available on PC or SteamDeck
I remember trying it when it was free to play temporarily. I didn't test it in docked mode but when in handheld it looked really bad, to the point where everything was blurry and a mess.. so I can't recommend it for that

I see the mega man collections on sale and I'm curious as to if legacy collection 2 with 7,8,9, and 10 is the way to go? I think I had 10 on my wii years ago never finished it but seems it was a great mega man.

Edit: Oops, double post. Heard in the past that Atlus sales have dropped the day after EU sales. Gives me hope!

While some games are going on sale, the DLC appears to stay the same price. Looking at you Phoenix wright 3ds exlcusive games
Edit: Oops, double post. Heard in the past that Atlus sales have dropped the day after EU sales. Gives me hope!
shaquille-o-neal-shoulder-shake.gif

Do you guys think that's it for the 3DS and WiiU sales? Was there anything new today? I found a handful of games I want to get, but don't know if I should wait for a sale.

It's also sad to see that a ton of games have been quietly delisted over the last few years, and there's not really a complete list of them online. Tappingo 2 is just gone and nobody knows why.
Most of the games that were de-listed from the 3DS eShop are listed here:

https://delistedgames.com/all-delisted-nintendo-3ds-games/

I was worried that Kokuga was delisted in NA, but it was just EU. I think it was developed by a former Treasure employee; shame it never went on sale as far as I know.

Bayonetta Origins is $45 w/ free shipping on Super Shop with promo code GMSPTBYNT. Does anyone have any familiarity with them? The code itself is from GameSpot. I'm not worried about it being fraudulent, just PAL. 

I was worried that Kokuga was delisted in NA, but it was just EU. I think it was developed by a former Treasure employee; shame it never went on sale as far as I know.

Bayonetta Origins is $45 w/ free shipping on Super Shop with promo code GMSPTBYNT. Does anyone have any familiarity with them? The code itself is from GameSpot. I'm not worried about it being fraudulent, just PAL.
They are legit. They will state on the page typically if it's PAL. I ordered a copy a few days ago and can report back when it gets here. I actually ordered when the coupon discounted it to $49 and I contacted their customer service and they got back to me quickly and refunded $4. I'd say it's worth it if you're interested, just expect to wait at least a week for it to get to you.

Bayonetta Origins is $45 w/ free shipping on Super Shop with promo code GMSPTBYNT. Does anyone have any familiarity with them? The code itself is from GameSpot. I'm not worried about it being fraudulent, just PAL.
Thanks for bringing Kokuga to my attention. I had never heard of it, but it sounded like a game I would like. I was able to purchase on the Nintendo website. Fired up my 3DS for the first time in a while. Probably my last 3DS/Wii U eShop purchase.

PSA: in case you grab Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright for the 3DS,

Play it now.

FINISH it now.

I’ve just been reminded that the entire set of epilogues (a good 1-2 hours of stuff) and various other extras are inaccessible behind an unlock key you have to download, and most of those remain locked until you beat the game and redownload the key.

PSA: in case you grab Professor Layton Vs Phoenix Wright for the 3DS,

Play it now.

FINISH it now.

I’ve just been reminded that the entire set of epilogues (a good 1-2 hours of stuff) and various other extras are inaccessible behind an unlock key you have to download, and most of those remain locked until you beat the game and redownload the key.
This applies to physical copies as well? Pretty sure I still have a sealed copy so I'll probably just sell it on eBay for the insane price it goes for

This applies to physical copies as well? Pretty sure I still have a sealed copy so I'll probably just sell it on eBay for the insane price it goes for
you might want to check the state of that copy I have a perfect condition cart with a memory fail (like Pokémon games and persona q)

so...

might be they used crappy nand chips for those too

bread's done
Back