Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Aaaaand...the Wii U eShop is dead as of 8 p.m. EST.  Every game listing says "Software currently unavailable."  :wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaaaand...the Wii U eShop is dead as of 8 p.m. EST. Every game listing says "Software currently unavailable." :wave:
Same for 3DS eShop. Rip.

Not named it the Wii U, shipped with a bigger drive, not required the clunky game pad. Yeah the thing was doomed. Still the best way to play Wii games in HD and that’s about it.
At this point, I’d only turn my Wii U on for Wind Waker HD. The other top games were ported to or have sequels on Switch.

Had $6 left for 2 3DS GBoy games and kept glitching at checkout.  My fault for leaving the Nintendo Platform.  It'll be a long time before spending the balance. (which they consumer unfriendly only allow in set refill increments.) Screw you Nintendont.

Spent the last hour downloading/buying dlc for Monster Hunter 3U, 4U, G, Fire Emblem Fates, Fire Emblem Awakening, Phoenix Wright SOJ, and SMTIV: A. I wish I did these sooner because I missed out on buying dlc of Fire Emblem Echoes: SoV because I never played it and SMT: Strange Journey, which I think I bought the dlc for SJ when I last played it, but I'm not sure. I'm not sure if I bought dlc for SMT: DS2: RB and got all the spotpass demons either.

At this point, I’d only turn my Wii U on for Wind Waker HD. The other top games were ported to or have sequels on Switch.
That's why I just roll my eyes when people claim to be going for a full WiiU game set. Outside of a handful of desirable titles due to either rarity, or inability to port to the switch, most of the good stuff will largely be not very valuable for collecting because of so many games being ported to the switch.

What about the poke transfer one can you even down load that. I paid the 5 dollars to access it cause I wasn't so sure if it could be downloaded.
fuck, I just tried and poke transporter still checks for a subscription :( . Hopefully this is temporary - I also wanted to use that one.

Spent the last hour downloading/buying dlc for Monster Hunter 3U, 4U, G, Fire Emblem Fates, Fire Emblem Awakening, Phoenix Wright SOJ, and SMTIV: A. I wish I did these sooner because I missed out on buying dlc of Fire Emblem Echoes: SoV because I never played it and SMT: Strange Journey, which I think I bought the dlc for SJ when I last played it, but I'm not sure. I'm not sure if I bought dlc for SMT: DS2: RB and got all the spotpass demons either.
The Wii U eShop went down while I was downloading the free Spider-Man character for Lego Avengers. I had to choose between claiming that and the 1 gb version of one of my favorite Wii U games, Tank Tank Tank. But I don't remember if I own Lego Avengers or not since my Wii U disc copies are all boxed up.

fuck, I just tried and poke transporter still checks for a subscription :( . Hopefully this is temporary - I also wanted to use that one.
The Poke Transporter button in Bank would normally take you to the eShop to claim and download it like any other free eShop app. With the eShop dead, I don’t think this will be possible anymore.

Not named it the Wii U, shipped with a bigger drive, not required the clunky game pad. Yeah the thing was doomed. Still the best way to play Wii games in HD and that’s about it.
Ironically, trying to cash in the the Wii's popularity was, in my opinion, the Wii U's biggest flaw. There's the well-known problem of the clunky and confusing name. But also the fact that to ensure backwards compatibility, it used a chipset based off of the Wii's and therefore the GCN's.

It was such a risky idea to use a chipset from the nineties that was so ancient, that no one else would bother using it. The only way Nintendo could have lowered the price of the Wii U in order to increase its sales was if sales of the Wii U increased enough to lower the price to manufacture the chipset and subsequently the Wii U in the first place. No idea how no one noticed this glaringly obvious catch-22 that wound up being such a disaster that it bankrupted the manufacturer of the Wii U's chipset.

I do like the Wii U and the GamePad and wished both were more successful. Especially since Nintendo made some really enjoyable games that generation; SM3DW, Capt Toad, XCX, etc. But what a poorly planned console.

The Poke Transporter button in Bank would normally take you to the eShop to claim and download it like any other free eShop app. With the eShop dead, I don’t think this will be possible anymore.
I wasn’t talking about downloading poke transporter, I was talking about using it, it looks like when you try to use it it kicks you out saying you have no subscription unfortunately

I finished my 3DS shopping two years ago.

TanLastGemsbuck-size_restricted.gif

I wasn’t talking about downloading poke transporter, I was talking about using it, it looks like when you try to use it it kicks you out saying you have no subscription unfortunately
Sorry, I misunderstood. Looking online, you aren’t alone with this problem. It seems only people with active paid Bank accounts can currently use Transporter. Hopefully this is fixed.

Had $6 left for 2 3DS GBoy games and kept glitching at checkout. My fault for leaving the Nintendo Platform. It'll be a long time before spending the balance. (which they consumer unfriendly only allow in set refill increments.) Screw you Nintendont.
The Switch lets you pay for the exact price of any title, even if it's only a few cents, when you pay using a linked credit card or Paypal.

Zelda joycon look yuck. Dock and Switch backplate look great. Will try to get the pro controller. Case looks like the same garbage quality as the animal crossing one.

Edit: watched an unboxing video and the backplate is just okay. Wish the swirls and backplate had color. Gold with white swirls or white with gold swirls. Dock is the highlight for me. Unboxing video also showed system was made in July of last year...

Not surprising, but the game looks amazing.  The fuse ability for weapons will be a lot of fun to see what people come up with in the future years.  

I've been holding off on an OLED Switch for a while, but this one looks right up my alley (if there are enough of them made for me to actually get one.)  

I finished my 3DS shopping two years ago.
In 2021 I grab a few physical 3DS games... but haven't bought anything on the 3ds eshop in ages as my physical game collection was more important and I'd go that route over digital since I could share games with my kids.

Why did they have to make one of the handles on the pro controller white? Looks funny. This was the OLED Switch that was leaked many months ago so that's interesting whoever originally leaked it was right.

I wouldn’t mind upgrading from my launch era switch to the Zelda OLED, but I’m not looking forward to having to redownload everything. I wish they could let us just swap SD cards, but no cause something something pirates yarrrrrrrr.

Put in an order for the pro controller. Not sure I'll keep it since my current controller is doing fine and I have a backup from the Sam's $35 clearance. So clean though...

While I would love to have that Zelda Switch, I just can't justify the price difference. My launch Switch is doing just fine. If the OLED was more powerful it would be a no-brainer but since it's not, I'll save my money for the next Switch which hopefully comes out next year. I'm sorry but $75 for the Zelda Pro Controller is just a rip off. It should have came with the Zelda OLED.

I think first-party, limited edition controllers are almost certainly to go up in value. Maybe not joycon since their quality is suspect. I tend to hoard controllers and I blame it on the N64 with those fragile analog nubs.

When you want to play an older console, there is nothing like having a new or pristine controller.

I'm sorry but $75 for the Zelda Pro Controller is just a rip off.
Regular pro controller retails for $70, so $75 for Zelda isn't too bad a tax. I feel that way too though... we're spoiled by cag deals on controllers ^^;

Pro controller is actually my favorite of the current gen controllers. Microsoft cheaped out on there's being rechargeable, and PS5 controller battery life is terrible.

Plugged in the wiiu and it's controller this morning (figure the controller could use a charge).  Will test it out tonight and make sure everything works and I might go ahead and see about updating XC:X.

As for it being the best way to play wii games in HD... I'm fine with the Wii2HDMI on my wii (and for GC games) but the Wii-U is a nice bonus for that too.

Missed out on the pro controller. Not too bothered by it. If I naturally have a shot to get it I may grab it, but not going to fight to pay retail for it. Might grab the case as I need a new one.

I do not get making the special editions just being the dock and joy cons. If the design were on the console I would want one, but no reason in my mind to buy what is essentially a special edition dock...

I do not get making the special editions just being the dock and joy cons. If the design were on the console I would want one, but no reason in my mind to buy what is essentially a special edition dock...
I see what you mean. Why not color the actual tablet to match the rest of the bundle? Does seem kinda lame. My friend had the animal crossing Switch and traded in the tablet with regular joy con and regular dock when they upgraded to the OLED. That way they kept their animal crossing dock and joy con. Hard to tell the difference unless you look at the back of the tablet.

bread's done
Back