Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I am dumb, but I seriously had to zoom in on my phone to even see it. Missed opportunity in my mind not to have the doc design on the back of the console.

Got the Zelda OLED and case, but couldn't get a pro controller before they sold out 😔 had work meetings when they went up both times at Best Buy and GameStop

Last edited by a moderator:
Pro controller would have been far more desirable is they hadn't decided to make one of the handles randomly white
I think without the white it looks too much like the gold monster hunter pro controller. Maybe I have a thing for wacky controllers because I bought 2 of the yellow Forza Horizon Xbox controllers.

I think without the white it looks too much like the gold monster hunter pro controller. Maybe I have a thing for wacky controllers because I bought 2 of the yellow Forza Horizon Xbox controllers.
That's what makes the Monster Hunter one look better though. I dunno, just looks out of place. I'd rather they have added two gold handles.

Regular pro controller retails for $70, so $75 for Zelda isn't too bad a tax. I feel that way too though... we're spoiled by cag deals on controllers ^^;

Pro controller is actually my favorite of the current gen controllers. Microsoft cheaped out on there's being rechargeable, and PS5 controller battery life is terrible.
Not that the ps4 battery life is much better. :/ I blame the lights.

While I would love to have that Zelda Switch, I just can't justify the price difference. My launch Switch is doing just fine. If the OLED was more powerful it would be a no-brainer but since it's not, I'll save my money for the next Switch which hopefully comes out next year. I'm sorry but $75 for the Zelda Pro Controller is just a rip off. It should have came with the Zelda OLED.
I have both an original and the oled....the oled screen really is worth the update

If you're upgrading from a launch switch it's probably worth the upgrade for the battery life alone. I just hope I don't get stuck with an OLED that has a shitty green tinted screen

3dsbadgearcade.jpg

Goodbye, old friend.

Tested out the WiiU last night... everything operating fine :D/ . Updated to the latest firmware and then went into the eshop to see what my oldest son had purchased to see if everything was downloaded and was surprised to find he had purchased Metroid Prime Trilogy at some point. So a nice bonus even though I have the GC versions of the first two and the Wii version of 3.

You really want to grab the optional load time improvememt download, its 10 gb maybe? It speeds up the load times from horrifically bad to just annoying.
Totally F'd up and should have done this before the eshop closed because the only updates available are the regular kind and it's less than 1GB of data downloaded. The improvement stuff is all free dlc which doesn't appear to be available anymore. I still started the game up and played through some of the prologue and I think I'll survive just playing as is for now.

On the bright side, not needing the space for the huge update I went ahead and set Metroid Prime Trilogy to download. Eventually I'll do more with the system and add an sd card or something... but at least I'm good to play XC:X... though no way I'm playing on the tablet screen like I did last night as that font is just too small for my old eyes.

I just redeemed my Humble Bundle code for the Retro City Rampage theme on my 2DS XL, so I can confirm that they are still accepting digital codes.  But when I go to my list of redownloadable software, it only shows 18 titles.  I guess that's because most of them are already on the SD card.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Nintendo would come out with something like the PSVita TV, so you don't have to use the dock.

Untitled.png
Why do that when you can release the same exact hardware with a different paint scheme that people will buy anyway because they need to "collect" all console versions?

I'm sure the answer is no, but with them letting dlc codes still redeemable on eshop is it still possible to redeem mystery gifts in old pokemon games? I found a few codes I was thinking of trying to redeem.

I'm sure the answer is no, but with them letting dlc codes still redeemable on eshop is it still possible to redeem mystery gifts in old pokemon games? I found a few codes I was thinking of trying to redeem.
most mystery gift codes are expired. They don't have a long shelf life.

So GameStop cancelled my pre order for Tears of the Kingdom Collector's Edition with no warning whatsoever. Only reason I knew was I checked my order history and didn't see it anywhere and even tried typing in my order number and it can't be found. Cool. Cool. Good thing I ordered it when Amazon had it up today.

So GameStop cancelled my pre order for Tears of the Kingdom Collector's Edition with no warning whatsoever. Only reason I knew was I checked my order history and didn't see it anywhere and even tried typing in my order number and it can't be found. Cool. Cool. Good thing I ordered it when Amazon had it up today.
That does not mean it is cancelled, this is a glitch with the website

Is the order in your E-Mails? that should be enough

Is there any website selling 3DS digital game codes? Only game I found is Ikachan on Amazon.

I'm pretty happy with my 3DS haul but there were some things (like Smash Bros DLC characters, maybe another Pokemon game), I probably woulda bought if I wasn't traveling for a family emergency the last day of the eShop.

This is annoying...

I've had TWO sets of Hori Split Pad Pros fail within either a YEAR or 99 days of purchase.

Set #1 -- left joystick starts registering a full UP as a full DOWN.  Only on the extreme end.

Set #1 -- left joystick suddenly sticks and no longer recenters.

I've never had problems with Hori products before.  I now have two right controllers and NO working left controller for these things.

Hori customer support is remarkably unhelpful, as both pairs are out of their 90 day warranty.

This is annoying...

I've had TWO sets of Hori Split Pad Pros fail within either a YEAR or 99 days of purchase.

Set #1 -- left joystick starts registering a full UP as a full DOWN. Only on the extreme end.
Set #1 -- left joystick suddenly sticks and no longer recenters.

I've never had problems with Hori products before. I now have two right controllers and NO working left controller for these things.

Hori customer support is remarkably unhelpful, as both pairs are out of their 90 day warranty.
That's unfortunate. I've never had an issue with hori brand. Just seems like left anything for switch is cursed

So when I get my Zelda OLED switch can I not just put my SD card from the old switch into it and have the same game data? From googling, it seems like you can't, and the only thing you can transfer is saves? If true that's disappointing, not looking forward to redownloading hundreds of GB worth of games.

I HIGHLY recommend the movie Tetris on Apple TV plus. SOOOOOO GOOD!! Some stuff might be exaggerated or made up but wow, I didn't realize what it took to get Tetris on the Gameboy.

So when I get my Zelda OLED switch can I not just put my SD card from the old switch into it and have the same game data? From googling, it seems like you can't, and the only thing you can transfer is saves? If true that's disappointing, not looking forward to redownloading hundreds of GB worth of games.
Welcome to Nintendo, please understand.

bread's done
Back