Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I think it doesn't actually apply the voucher until 7 days prior to the release date and you have to have a voucher available at that time. But I could also be spreading misinformation
Yeah, you can cancel a preorder and it'll refund the voucher instantly. The voucher isn't actually used until a week before the release date.

I don't really see the need to rush to preorder with vouchers unless there's a preorder bonus or if you're afraid they'll take away the option to claim a certain game with it. I don't know if Nintendo has ever removed games from the voucher list though

Last edited by a moderator:
I pre-ordered tears of the Kingdom with the voucher for the very reason of it might go away at any point. I highly doubt it will but with the new $70 price tag, there was no reason to not just pre-order it since I was going to get it anyway.

There are three more codes for items too:

LEVELUP
REV1VE
CATCHBYBALL

They give some rare candies, max revives, and an assortment of different pokeballs

Feels like Metroid Prime all over again with Megaman Battle Network.  Prices on eBay are edging up even though you can still technically order it at Amazon (for mid May- June delivery).

Feels like Metroid Prime all over again with Megaman Battle Network. Prices on eBay are edging up even though you can still technically order it at Amazon (for mid May- June delivery).
Same thing happened to the Zero Collection Switch and also some more niche releases like Langrisser 1/2. The supply will eventually fix itself for at least one more run, than afterwards likely go out of print again. I ordered Megaman Battle Network Collection Switch and will barely get it Thursday from Amazon. I wouldn't pay scalper prices for sure, but be on the lookout for another print run after the first.

Damn, I had no idea about a new Brave Dungeon coming out over the weekend. I love the Dark Witch series.

The price was unexpectedly steep, but I may get it anyway just to support the series.

4x gold points on select digital Switch games and dlc through 4/30: https://www.nintendo.com/store/games/gold-points-offer/

I've been meaning to pick up the Mario Kart dlc that refuses to go on sale. $5 back is a nice incentive (and 20% off from Costco eshop deal a few weeks back).
If for some reason anyone didn’t redeem their Mario game codes from the recent sale weeks, this is a good time to get around to that.

Today is the last day to redeem the My Nintendo reward for a 7 day trial of Switch Online. It costs 0 coins to redeem, so might as well redeem yours and post it here if you're not gonna use it. Here are mine:

E0H24KTTDGFYNVY0
E0H24L0CDH5GRGK4

I finally downloaded the Fire Emblem phone game and it's stupidly easy to get the platinum coins.  It takes a few minutes for 100 points and I'm over 5000 now on book 5 of 7.  Each book has 13 chapters worth 100 coins.  I just mash the auto button once and the game is over in like 30 seconds.  It's also way too cheap to buy a continue (I've had 5 game overs out of all those levels.)

I finally downloaded the Fire Emblem phone game and it's stupidly easy to get the platinum coins. It takes a few minutes for 100 points and I'm over 5000 now on book 5 of 7. Each book has 13 chapters worth 100 coins. I just mash the auto button once and the game is over in like 30 seconds. It's also way too cheap to buy a continue (I've had 5 game overs out of all those levels.)
I played seriously in the early going of that game, so I’ve got a very capable party that every couple of months just goes and bulldozes chapters for coins.

If for some reason anyone didn’t redeem their Mario game codes from the recent sale weeks, this is a good time to get around to that.
How do you know it will work for games you've already bought? I have a Super Mario Galaxy code that I was looking to sell but if I'll get 1200 coins back for redeeming it, I will do that. When you buy from the eshop, you don't get a code. The game just starts automatically downloading. Nintendo knows you bought that game so it rewards you the gold coins. Does anyone have experience with this? I suppose I could always call Nintendo to clarify.

IIRC when you put in the code to redeem, it'll tell you how many coins it will earn you before you actually redeem it.
Actually yeah try this first. The coin value does appear in the screen after input where you confirm if you’ll redeem the code or return. (unless the code itself is promotional)

The way the eShop usually works is that code redemptions will get the full point value applicable to the digital version, including when a promotion is in effect.

Just went back to look at the promo page and there’s only indication of the promo applying to digital purchases via the eShop/Nintendo’s site. So code redemptions *may* not work, not sure until someone can confirm.

IIRC when you put in the code to redeem, it'll tell you how many coins it will earn you before you actually redeem it.

Actually yeah try this first. The coin value does appear in the screen after input where you confirm if you’ll redeem the code or return. (unless the code itself is promotional)

The way the eShop usually works is that code redemptions will get the full point value applicable to the digital version, including when a promotion is in effect.

Just went back to look at the promo page and there’s only indication of the promo applying to digital purchases via the eShop/Nintendo’s site. So code redemptions *may* not work, not sure until someone can confirm.
I could try this but it's on a card that you need to scratch off. It was apart of the Pro Controller bundle Walmart had. If I did scratch it off and it wasn't giving a discount, people might get suspicious buying it in person even though I can confirm it's legit buy showing them on the eshop. I think just calling Nintendo is the best option unless someone here has a code they are going to try out. I checked youtube for any vids but could only find 2 vids redeeming a $5 eshop gift card, 1 vid redeeming switch online and 1 redeeming BOTW expansion pass. The BOTW didn't have any gold coins show up even though it's eligible for 100 gold coins.

https://youtu.be/BebQX4NObH0?t=92

Today is the last day to redeem the My Nintendo reward for a 7 day trial of Switch Online. It costs 0 coins to redeem, so might as well redeem yours and post it here if you're not gonna use it. Here are mine:

E0H24KTTDGFYNVY0
E0H24L0CDH5GRGK4
E0H24L6KFJCJ08WL

I finally downloaded the Fire Emblem phone game and it's stupidly easy to get the platinum coins. It takes a few minutes for 100 points and I'm over 5000 now on book 5 of 7. Each book has 13 chapters worth 100 coins. I just mash the auto button once and the game is over in like 30 seconds. It's also way too cheap to buy a continue (I've had 5 game overs out of all those levels.)
The platinum coins only last 6 months before they expire (compared to 12 months for gold coins)

Might be smarter to wait on some of those Fire Emblem Heroes levels until they put up something you want on My Nintendo. As opposed to blowing your load all at once and having a ton of the coins expire

The platinum coins only last 6 months before they expire (compared to 12 months for gold coins)

Might be smarter to wait on some of those Fire Emblem Heroes levels until they put up something you want on My Nintendo. As opposed to blowing your load all at once and having a ton of the coins expire
Thanks

Sorry if this was posted already but Gamestop is having a Buy 1 get 1 free sale including some Nintendo Switch games. I got Octopath Traveler 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Mario Strikers, Mario Golf, Bayonetta 3 and Fire Emblem Warriors Three Hopes. This deal only applies to NEW games. I know Gamestop has a unique "interpretation" of NEW compared to other sellers though so beware of shenanigans. I usually try to wait for Black Friday to buy heavy but I can't predict Nintendo's behavior regarding when their exclusives or first party games will go on sale.

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?pmid=29342&sv=new

Another tip is if you're running out of rewards/coins to redeem on your main account, it's pretty easy to create a new Nintendo account and farm Fire Emblem all over again. It makes paying for shipping hurt a little less since you can now redeem for more items.

I may try a grip especially with Mega Man Battle Network collection coming in soon for me. I wasn't really satisfied with the Hori Split Pad Pro, but would love something especially if it works with the joy cons.

Pulseman is an interesting choice. One of Game Freak's pre-Pokemon games, on a competing platform (at the time), that never saw a western release until the Wii Virtual Console days

I kinda feel bad for Game Freak. Their Gear Project Initiative failed so bad, and the higher-ups there were very enthusiastic about it (still are, whenever they occasionally get asked about it). Must have been very humbling to realize that the only reason people care about them is because they lucked into the biggest media franchise ever a quarter-century ago. Everything else they try to make is completely irrelevant

Forget being a cheap ass gamer, I wouldn't be a smart gamer paying for the more expensive online paywall when they dangle crap like this as incentive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brNLmMMB-J4

Summary

• Mineko's Night Market - 9/26
  • My Time at Sandrock - Summer 2023
  • PlateUp! - October 2023
  • Quilts & Cats of Calico - Fall 2023
  • Rift of the NecroDancer - 2023
  • A Little to the Left - Cuboards & Drawers DLC - June
  • Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon - Puzzlers Pack - Free - Spring
  • Cult of the Lamb - Relics of the Old Faith Update - 4/28
  • Animal Well - Early 2024
  • Crime O'Clock - 6/30
  • Teslagrad 2 - Out Today
  • Teslagrad Remastered - Out Today
  • Shadows over Loathing - Digital Out Today - Physical Fall 2023
  • Blasphemous II - Summer 2023
  • Oxenfree II: Lost Signals - 7/12
  • Paper Trail - August 2023
  • Little Kitty, Big City - 2024
  • Chants of Sennaar - 9/5
  • Brotato - 2023
  • Escape Academy: The Complete Edition - Fall 2023
  • Five Nights at Freddy's Security Breach - Out Today
  • Bomb Rush Cyberfunk - 8/18

I liked the looks of 

• Mineko's Night Market - 9/26
  • My Time at Sandrock - Summer 2023
  • Little Kitty, Big City - 2024
None of them were omg must have omg, but they looked fun. That Little to the Left game looked more like organizational stress than fun, at least to me. 

bread's done
Back