Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Well, fuck my mild spoiler concerns I guess.
The armor and weapons from the amiibas are the same in Breath of the Wild. I don't think it's much of a spoiler issue. The fabric is really the only new thing. I have got the Majora's Mask fabric, but some things are just really random RNG. I spend way too much time reloading saves for some of the weapons. I didn't really see duplicates of special items until I got everything once.

We're probably past really mild spoilers for TotK, but I'll spoiler tag it anyway just in case. Concerning amiibo paraglider stuff and other amiibo things.

Anyone else with the Majora's Mask Link amiibo simply unable to obtain the Majora's Mask paraglider fabric?

I've scanned this thing every day since release. Got almost all of the other amiibo fabrics the first night, most of the rest the following weekend, but the Sword-Spirit fabric took about a week. Something to do with earning each fabric decreasing the odds of the next one, maybe?

If that ain't it, I have no idea why it's not dropping. I've saved and reloaded dozens of times. Have the full Fierce Deity armor set, got the Fierce Diety sword, and these have all showed up multiple times, but no paraglider fabric. :(
Just checked and while I have fabrics from all of these:
Ganon, Wolf Link, Guardian, Zora, Loftwing, Toon Zelda, botw Zelda, Rider, Skyward Link, Bokoblin, ssb Zelda, Urbosa, totk Link, and Archer.
I don't have the Majora's Mask fabric. And jeeze, I didn't realize there were that many fabrics! I scan pretty often, but not every day.

edit: nevermind, now that it's Sunday I scanned MM again and got it :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The smash link amiibo also gives Epona, which is one of the best horses in the game. Perfect stats afaict. You can’t attach a harness to her though.

The armor and weapons from the amiibas are the same in Breath of the Wild. I don't think it's much of a spoiler issue. The fabric is really the only new thing. I have got the Majora's Mask fabric, but some things are just really random RNG. I spend way too much time reloading saves for some of the weapons. I didn't really see duplicates of special items until I got everything once.
I was more frustrated with my attempt at being arguably too delicate with an ultra minor optional cosmetic element of the game versus your "here's what happens directly after you beat the last boss" post, but thanks anyway.
Just checked and while I have fabrics from all of these:
Ganon, Wolf Link, Guardian, Zora, Loftwing, Toon Zelda, botw Zelda, Rider, Skyward Link, Bokoblin, ssb Zelda, Urbosa, totk Link, and Archer.
I don't have the Majora's Mask fabric. And jeeze, I didn't realize there were that many fabrics! I scan pretty often, but not every day.

edit: nevermind, now that it's Sunday I scanned MM again and got it [emoji38]
And screw you and your luck, but hopefully the same happens to me!

Edit: Not today I guess

I think that's the same one from Twilight LInk also, I kept Wolf Link in the box with the TP Wii U release. I had plenty of meat :p
I haven't gotten a chest from wolf link in totk. Not sure how I'd get that item mentioned in the spoiler.

I think my kid has that fabric though, and I will say when you're in total darkness the difference between self illuminated objects (objects that appear bright without light hitting them) and light emissive objects becomes painfully apparent.

And screw you and your luck, but hopefully the same happens to me!

Edit: Not today I guess
Right before I got it I had changed my paraglider for the second time, plus, I showed him two more pictures (besides the Chuchu he asks for during the initial quest) for inspiration. Maybe that did something? I've definitely been scanning MM all this time and it only gave it to me today.

Right before I got it I had changed my paraglider for the second time, plus, I showed him two more pictures (besides the Chuchu he asks for during the initial quest) for inspiration. Maybe that did something? I've definitely been scanning MM all this time and it only gave it to me today.
Dang if this didn't kinda work.

No idea if any of these steps are important, but here's what I did.

Went to Hateno in the morning wearing the Fierce Diety set, changed the paraglider to the survey team fabric, flew down to a cooking pot, slept until night. I hypothesized that maybe having the moon out might be important. Went up to the glider again, talked to him but didn't change anything, walked outside, scanned the amiibo, and I finally got it.

Costco.com has eshop cards on sale again.  $50 for $39.99 or $100 for 79.99.  Through 6/18/23. Xbox and PlayStation cards are on sale as well. 

Bought ori and the blind forest for $5. Was thinking of buying the sequel will of the wisps, but I saw some posts saying it was laggy and stuttering on the switch. Anyone here play through ori will of the wisps and have issues with it?

This is a really good update of games for the NSO service. Although never heard of Mystery Tower back then.

Keep it going Nintendo. Figuring Zelda Oracle of the Ages and Seasons will be another month or two as lots still on Tears of the Kingdom. Hoping Zero Mission for July or even a surprise for later this month. Or maybe we get an N64 title later this month.

This is a really good update of games for the NSO service. Although never heard of Mystery Tower back then.

Keep it going Nintendo. Figuring Zelda Oracle of the Ages and Seasons will be another month or two as lots still on Tears of the Kingdom. Hoping Zero Mission for July or even a surprise for later this month. Or maybe we get an N64 title later this month.
I bet the oracle of ages/seasons remake rumor is true and they come out around that time.

I see nothing about a promotion.
Ah, I see they're gone.

One promotion on the page advertised 20% off 1 item.

Another promotion on the same page advertised $10 off one item.

Neither promotion would work. I contacted Amazon and was told that I could place an order and 20% would be refunded in the future. I decided to pass.

Ah, I see they're gone.

One promotion on the page advertised 20% off 1 item.

Another promotion on the same page advertised $10 off one item.

Neither promotion would work. I contacted Amazon and was told that I could place an order and 20% would be refunded in the future. I decided to pass.
Are you sure it wasn’t a promotion tied to a credit card? Like this Citi add a card and get $10 off? https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-amazon-add-citi-card-get-10-off-promo-code-22citi10/

I clicked the link not too long after it was posted and opened in an incognito tab, and there was definitely some promotional wording there. It almost looked like placeholder text, something like "test identify". They even had a "how does it work" popup. I didn't think to get a screenshot.

Big update with new characters, unlocks, and more is out now and it's half off on sale:

https://twitter.com/YachtClubGames/status/1666152250606243840

I'm streaming those new NSO additions for NES, SNES, and Game Boy if you want to see them in action.

Edit: Here's the archive.

Mystery Tower (NES) is a solid puzzle game that takes a bit to get the hang of its techniques, so check out that strategy wiki walkthrough that explains the mechanics pretty well and has a guide if you're getting stumped on a stage. This is a good game for the rewind and save states to undo mistakes as you figure it out.

Master Blaster: Enemy Below is fine, though I've not played any of the other games in the series to help me know if this GB game is a solid adaptation of the original games' mechanics. It can get frustrating just wandering around areas and having enemies respawn so much to wear your health down very quickly in some areas.

Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble is a great Kirby spinoff. They adapt the motion controls of the original game to the Switch's gyro, so it works pretty well. This is another game where the rewind makes it easy to undo mistakes and bad play to be a bit more enjoyable.

Harvest Moon seems neat for what it is, though this is obviously the first game in the series and is a bit rough around the edges. Many of the later games in the series and various other games influenced by it are probably more accessible for people like me that never played this.

I'm planning to get the NSO Expansion family plan next week and was looking for people to go in on it with me; is there any particular place to ask or is here okay?

Haven't played it, but I remember being interested way back when they were still talking about a 3DS version.

Also, Gamestop gift cards are 15% off at Dollar General this week. Good way to get some eshop credit for anyone who's digital only or planning to buy a digital game.

Haven't played it, but I remember being interested way back when they were still talking about a 3DS version.

Also, Gamestop gift cards are 15% off at Dollar General this week. Good way to get some eshop credit for anyone who's digital only or planning to buy a digital game.
Costco still has eshop cards for 20% off so a better deal if you have a membership. It’s both online and in store. That lasts through the 18th.

Tons of stuff on sale today. Tempted on Timespinner for $9.99, anyone else play this one?
Played it on XBox Game Pass when it was there for a bit. Solid Metroidvania. Doesn't do anything crazy innovative, but if you're a fan of the genre I think you'll get some fun out of it.

Tons of stuff on sale today. Tempted on Timespinner for $9.99, anyone else play this one?
I played it on PS4. Really liked it. Absolutely feels like a forgotten gem from the 16/32bit era. Though, if you're looking for a Metroidvania that really leans into unguided exploration, this isn't it. It's a fairly guided experience with a bunch of smaller secret areas. Story is good, though some of the minor subplots might not gel completely. But overall, I definitely recommend it.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/sales-and-deals/

Hyper Max Sale is going on until 6/25 with some Nintendo games on sale. Focus, Outright Games, and Fellow Traveller also having publisher sales starting today.

Nintendo Sales (30% off unless otherwise noted)

• Astral Chain
  • Bravel Default II
  • Daemon X Machina
  • Fire Emblem Heroes, Bundle, and Expansion Pass
  • Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, Bundle, and Expansion
  • Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaire's Conspiracy Deluxe Edition - 40% off
  • Live A Live
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order and Expansion Pass
  • Metroid Dread
  • Octopath Traveler
  • Super Mario Party
  • Triangle Strategy
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Bundle

Some Spike Chunsoft games on sale too; gonna pick up Danganronpa Summer Camp. And I might double dip on Shiren the Wanderer; I already have the special edition on Vita. Actually I have every Shiren game released in English. Favorite Mystery Dungeon/roguelike/roguelite series by a mile.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is on sale, as is the game bundle with the expansion pass... but not the expansion pass on it's own.  So annoying when they do that.  Thanks for punishing me (on future deals) for buying the game when it came out.  :p  

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is on sale, as is the game bundle with the expansion pass... but not the expansion pass on it's own. So annoying when they do that. Thanks for punishing me (on future deals) for buying the game when it came out. :p
Ouch. I would have said the expansion pack was not worth it up until I played the Future Redeemed add on. So good. I never really paid attention to what the DLC would be after the first two were just an additional quest and character for no reason. I held off on starting Future Redeemed because I just thought it would be more random stuff but I was wrong. I will not spoil anything but I was very surprised very early into this.

Thanks guys, decided to grab Timespinner. Between that and grabbing both Ori games last week I guess I'm in a metroidvania mood.

Also, $2 for Super Meat Boy Forever is 100% worth it (if you have patience)

Rogue legacy 2 is under $19 for the first time on Switch.

Lots of SEGA AGES games for $2 each n switch including Outrun. I've only seen the Ages titles hit $2 each before on 3DS.

These are nuts. Outrun, Shinobi, Herzog Zwei, Virtua Racing, Phantasy Zone, Phantasy Star, Space Harrier, thunder force... dang. I'm probably buying all of these.

https://www.dekudeals.com/search?q=Sega+ages

bread's done
Back