Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
The 3DS games are getting their own collection:

https://twitter.com/aceattorneygame/status/1668383410568695808

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean? Is it one of those ridiculously hard games?
It has it's moments, however the overall experience I feel is still really enjoyable (especially for the price). It involves a good amount of level memorization and control-twitchiness, but that's what I was wanting when I played it.

Xenoblade 3 bundle is the same price as the sale game $42 plus full price DLC $30 so you’re not really being punished at all…

Xenoblade 3 bundle is the same price as the sale game $42 plus full price DLC $30 so you’re not really being punished at all…
I already own the game cartridge. So, I'd be paying more than the retail price of the game for the digital copy plus the DLC.

I'll just wait to buy the DLC when it goes on sale on it's own in the future.

I can’t help but notice the 3DS-original Great Ace Attorney games are not in this 3DS collection.
As we've seen from the 100 different MegaMan collections, Capcom would rather sell bundles of 3-4 games than release a truly "complete" collection of anything.

The collection is for Apollo Justice. But I don't know... are those also games in his trilogy?
If you’ll reread my entire post, you might notice that I’m responding to a claim that it’s a collection of the 3DS games, rather than a claim that it’s a collection of the Apollo Justice games.

McDonald's released a Game Boy Color game > https://grimacesbirthday.com

Can download the .gbc to your Analogue Pocket > https://archive.org/details/grimaces-birthday
This is an extreme aside, but is there a reason why I keep finding folks referring to the Analogue Pocket like it's a common thing, recently? Or why a large number of GB/GBC titles on itchio come with "pocket" format roms?

Did the AP get a big surge of notability recently? I always thought it was too expensive/uncommon, and now I keep seeing references to it.

This is an extreme aside, but is there a reason why I keep finding folks referring to the Analogue Pocket like it's a common thing, recently? Or why a large number of GB/GBC titles on itchio come with "pocket" format roms?

Did the AP get a big surge of notability recently? I always thought it was too expensive/uncommon, and now I keep seeing references to it.
It isn’t cheap but compared to modded game boys, it’s reasonably priced. The screen is a dream. Ordering from Analogue is a pain because you wait about a year from order date, shipping is expensive, and you may get charged a foreign transaction fee depending on your credit card.

I mean, I can play this on a real Game Boy Advance if I wanted. A Game Boy Advance that I purchased right here on CAG, as a matter of fact!

It is weird that the designers are making references to systems other than the Game Boy Color, though. "Press the R button!" Uh, how? No R button exists on this game's native format!

Lame.

I'd certainly appreciate buying it to support the developer and show them that I want the other games as well.

I would cut them off an see how long it takes them to notice
One of my kids is even the primary switch on the account, just so they have access to all of my games. The things you give up for your kids. It still annoys me every time I launch a digital game that I have to "check in" with Nintendo servers to validate that I can play it.

Sigh... parenting....

One of my kids is even the primary switch on the account, just so they have access to all of my games. The things you give up for your kids. It still annoys me every time I launch a digital game that I have to "check in" with Nintendo servers to validate that I can play it.
Sigh... parenting....
Same situation here. My kid's switch is my primary AND my relatives don't chip in for NSO. Don't know about you, but cutting off relatives by marriage wouldn't go over very well here!

Sigh... parenting....
I feel this, sharing a lot of my games with a 9 & 7 year old. The best solution for me is actually to keep my console primary and play the majority of my digital games on an alternate profile, which does not interfere with them constantly being on Stardew Valley.

Trying to find something to use my last $5 certificate from Best Buy on. I'm torn between Celeste, Lost in Harmony, and Unsighted.
Im probably in a very small minority, but I didn't like Celeste. I did enjoy Unsighted though.

I believe The Messenger is on sale for $5 and that is another great option.

Unsighted got a glowing 9/10 review on Nintendolife, so I guess I'll give it a try. I already have Celeste backlogged on PC, but I was considering getting it on Switch just for portability.

Tune in on June 21 at 7:00 a.m. PT for a #NintendoDirect livestream featuring roughly 40 minutes of information focused mainly on Nintendo Switch titles launching this year, including new details on Pikmin 4.

So the heavy rumors are:

- TOTK expansion pass

- A new Mario 2d game

- Remake of an SNES classic (the front runner is Super Mario RPG)

Given should be:

Trailer for next wave of Mario Kart 8 DLC tracks.

What I would love:

Announcement and then shadow drop of Metroid Prime 2 (and possible 3 as bundle).

So the heavy rumors are:

- TOTK expansion pass -- Cool

- A new Mario 2d game -- Probably New Super Mario Bros Switch but would prefer a new art style

- Remake of an SNES classic (the front runner is Super Mario RPG) -- Hmm, to a SNES remake but hell yes to Super Mario RPG

Given should be:

Trailer for next wave of Mario Kart 8 DLC tracks. -- Ehh

What I would love:

Announcement and then shadow drop of Metroid Prime 2 (and possible 3 as bundle). -- LOL, would be cool though

Twitter rumors from a supposed leaker said Chrono Trigger.

Fat chance because we know it would remain a Playstation exclusive like FF7 because Sony can't stop going down on Squeenix.

Guess I must be super ancient since I have to point out that chrono trigger was originally a snes title that was later ported to ps1 and then the ds.

How did we get the DS version then?
That was at least a decade before whatever current third-party exclusive deal they've cooked up.
Guess I must be super ancient since I have to point out that chrono trigger was originally a snes title that was later ported to ps1 and then the ds.
I'm well aware. I own it most of the ways it's been released and it is literally my favorite game.

I was merely pointing out a different rumor that was circulating about the supposed SNES remake, and I used that as an opportunity to gripe about another remake of one of my favorite games.

I would be curious to see OG NES Legend of Zelda get the awakening treatment (plus some QoL improvmeents) or NES Metroid running on the Dread engine. I wouldn't pay full price for either, though.

bread's done
Back