Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I wouldn’t discount chances for Chrono Trigger if that’s the rumor.  Could be like FF7-9 “remastered” and what they just did for Chrono Cross, where they release on Sony and Nintendo.  I have my own complaints about Squenix over the last decade or two, but I can see why they wouldn’t want to bother porting actual current gen games to the Switch, and less so, but same for Xbox if the demographic and sales numbers just are not there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, the HD-2D stuff sell like gangbusters on switch. Why wouldn’t they give Chrono Trigger the same treatment? Could just be a timed exclusive like Live A Live, Triangle Strategy or the first Octopath Traveler. But I’m more intrigued by the Super Mario RPG remake rumors. The Mario & Luigi series is dead and Paper Mario has been transformed into some strange point&click adventure/puzzle game hybrid, so a return to that classic rpg gameplay would be amazing. And if that too got the HD-2D treatment… oh man, that’s like a personal GotY contender for me right there.

Too bad these pre-direct rumors never pan out. I’m still waiting for that Star Fox racing gaming that was consistently rumored for years.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet DLC in Fall '23 and Winter '23.

Detective Pikachu Returns - October 6th

Super Mario RPG remastered - November 17th

New Princess Peach game - 2024

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon Remaster in development - 2024

Batman Arkham trilogy - Fall 2023

Gloomhaven - September 18

Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince - December 1

Pikmin 4 - July 21st - Demo on June 28

Pikmin 1 and 2 HD - Releasing today

Metal Gear Solid Master Collection V1 - October 24th

Penny's Big Breakaway - 2024

Vampire Survivors (w/4 player co-op) - August 17th

Mario Kart 8 DLC wave 5 - this summer 

Star Ocean - Second Story R - November 2nd

Wario Ware Move It- November 3rd

Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Zelda and Ganondorf Amiibo coming

Super Mario Bros. Wonder (New 2D mario game) - October 20th

WELP, guess I better go get another Gamestop gift card from Dollar General this week. Ain't no way in hell I'm not getting Super Mario RPG day one.

The 2d Mario game actually looked really good. Definitely getting Mario RPG and Star Ocean. Happy that Pikmin 1+2 are making there way to switch. Overall a really solid direct.

Pikmin 1 and 2 aren't remastered I don't think. Just straight ports. Disappointing.
Did they at least upscale Pikman 1 and 2?

This now sets up when they finally show Prime 4 that they would likely drop Prime 2 and 3 that day to buy individually or save a few dollars with a bundle.

The Luigi Dark Moon port from 3DS also makes me wonder if we will get a Metroid: Samus Returns port from the 3DS.

I'm 100% cool with the trend of releasing budget priced GameCube ports on the Switch. There are way too many good games still stuck on that platform. Maybe next time we can get Pokemon Colosseum + XD, or Star Fox Adventures + Assault, or The Simpsons Road Rage + Hit & Run if you wanna go third party

Mario RPG, Dragon Quest Monsters, and the second Star Ocean all look great.  Super Mario Bros Wonder looked solid.  Detective Pikachu Returns looked like something I should look into.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with what was revealed for this year.

In for Pikmin 2 -- my favorite out of all the Pikmin games due to the use of real world items and brands. I'm so relieved to see them going back to that for Pikmin 4. It also looks like untimed cave exploration is back :)

A little surprised at the $30 individual price. When they re-released them for the Wii they were only $20 each. And Pikmin 1 is so short, $30 is a lot to ask for that one.

Also, Warioware! That came out of nowhere. The last one was disappointing with the way they had to shoehorn the new gimmick into every stage. It made things boring/too hard. But this new one looks similar to Smooth Moves. I'm all in :bouncy:

It says a lot that Nintendo showed five seconds of a Princess Peach game with no title for next year and didn't mention the Nintendo game that's releasing next week. Not even the new Joy-Cons.

By the way, Penny's Big Breakaway isn't on the list above and it's the new 3D platformer from the Sonic Mania team.

I'm 100% cool with the trend of releasing budget priced GameCube ports on the Switch. There are way too many good games still stuck on that platform. Maybe next time we can get Pokemon Colosseum + XD, or Star Fox Adventures + Assault, or The Simpsons Road Rage + Hit & Run if you wanna go third party
This would be a GC+Wii bundle but I've been hoping for a Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn bundle for a while.

Excited about Mario RPG. I hope this makes a true sequel more likely now.

Is the SNES version of Super Mario RPG available on the Switch online service?  If not already, do you think we will get it before the remake is released?  Really want to play through the original now.

Their release calendar for this year is kinda weird. Nothing in August or September so far, but then two games in each of October and November. Wish they could have spaced them out more evenly

What happened to the new Layton game? Thought we'd see that for a late 2023 or early 2024 release date

Oof. Just found out they removed the product placement from Pikmin 2. No more Duracell batteries, Ragu lid, Chapstick, Skippy peanut butter jar, Vlasic pickle lid, vintage bottle caps, etc. That really kills the charm :cry:

Is the SNES version of Super Mario RPG available on the Switch online service? If not already, do you think we will get it before the remake is released? Really want to play through the original now.
It was available on the Wii/Wii U digitally but that’s dead now and you can only redownload if you previously purchased. Not available on switch.

I'm streaming the Pikmin 1 & 2 releases if you want to see them in action.

Pikmin 1 archive. It still holds up pretty well, though the pathing AI of the Pikmin is quite poor around corners and ledges. The simplicity of the three Pikmin types helps it hold up pretty well. This is the only one of these two that I have played before, as I finished the game but didn't beat it after failing to get all of the parts by the end of the 30 days.

Pikmin 2 archive. It was quickly apparent that they put more work into the AI of the Pikmin to not get stuck and separated from the group as easily as in the first game. They add a bit more variety with the varients of Pikmin that you can acquire in the underground caves, though it's easy to get them killed and have to replay the caves again to get more to be able to properly tackle obstacles in the area that they're needed for. It creates a more tedious experience and a desire to use them as little as possible to avoid the risk of grinding the caves for more of them since they haven't shown up in above ground areas that I've seen so far. Getting rid of the 30 day limit makes for a better feeling of not having to rush everything, so I'm more inclined to let some Pikmin grind out berries for the sprays when I'm not looking to do a lot of combat.

Oof. Just found out they removed the product placement from Pikmin 2. No more Duracell batteries, Ragu lid, Chapstick, Skippy peanut butter jar, Vlasic pickle lid, vintage bottle caps, etc. That really kills the charm :cry:
Does anyone have a before/after image showing what the logos were changed to?

I understand WHY they'd do this, mind you...

Is the SNES version of Super Mario RPG available on the Switch online service? If not already, do you think we will get it before the remake is released? Really want to play through the original now.
It’s not available on Switch and you can no longer buy it on the Wii/Wii U eshop. It is one of the included games in the SNES Classic, though.

As others posted, no. Now I'm worried that's a no-go as Nintendo wants the focus to be on the remake.

Does anyone have a before/after image showing what the logos were changed to?

I understand WHY they'd do this, mind you...
The Pikipedia page has been updated with a lot of them, so you can check that. The items effected will be from the Mystical-Energy, Massive-Receptacle, Survival, Ancient-Ad, and Odd-Logo Series.

Here are a few of them: Duracell battery, Skippy, Vlasic, Kiwi shoe polish, Snapple, and Chapstick.

Some of the items have kept similar templates and color schemes, so they did go to some effort to replicate them. I'm still upset about it, but I'll play this version to see all the "new" items and treat it like it's DLC :lol:

bread's done
Back