Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1672046819671523330
Currently playing through this on my Miyoo Mini Plus with Onion OS. Very enjoyable experience portably as it saves my state automatically when turning off the device and boots me back to where I left off when turning on so I don't waste battery in sleep mode.

Currently playing through this on my Miyoo Mini Plus with Onion OS. Very enjoyable experience portably as it saves my state automatically when turning off the device and boots me back to where I left off when turning on so I don't waste battery in sleep mode.
When I got my Miyoo Mini plus I deleted all of the retro apps on my Switch. It's the size of a GB pocket and with Onion & the Tiny Best Go set (128gb) you're good to go. Best $60 I've spent in years.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I got my Miyoo Mini plus I deleted all of the retro apps on my Switch. It's the size of a GB pocket and with Onion & the Tiny Best Go set (128gb) you're good to go. Best $60 I've spent in years.
Yep. I have purchased so many portable emulation devices that have many pros/cons over the past 3-5 years (if you include homebrewing Vita/3DS) but the experience on the MM (smaller version that is more expensive and harder to find now) and MM+ with Onion OS is the best compromise of size/battery/price/performance. Imagine how popular it would be if a major western company developed an Android-based version (for user simplicity as linux might be too difficult) and marketed it in the US/Europe. They could say it is intended for Android gaming/streaming but the userbase would be able to figure out emulation.

I always wonder who is buying these tiny ass systems but I guess it's you guys. Hey you know these games you love would you like to play them on a screen the size of a postage stamp? No thanks. I'll stick with playing games on my tv screen.

YMMV

Stolen from SlickDeals, but Amazon currently has a promotion where if you spend 0.01 (or more) of your Chase Ultimate Rewards points you can get up to $60 off $120. I just preordered Pikmin 4 and Super Mario Bros. Wonder for $65 total with tax.

Deal Instructions:

1. Click here to link your Chase Ultimate Rewards account to your Amazon account if they are not already linked
    • Note, you often have to wait 24 to 48 hours after linking your rewards account before you can "activate" the offer. Check the link in the next step after a few days for eligibility.
  2. Visit the promotion page and click the yellow "Activate now" button to activate the promotion on your Amazon account.
    • Note that you will NOT receive the promotion unless you click on the yellow "Activate now" button.
  3. Add eligible products sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart
  4. Proceed to checkout & select your Chase Card as your payment method
  5. Select the amount of Ultimate Rewards Points you would like to use for the purchase (must use at least 1 point or $.01)
    • Note there may be a minimum point spend of 100 ($.80) for some users
  6. Up to 50% Off discount (max $60 Discount) will be applied to qualifying items at checkout

I always wonder who is buying these tiny ass systems but I guess it's you guys. Hey you know these games you love would you like to play them on a screen the size of a postage stamp? No thanks. I'll stick with playing games on my tv screen.
I think the Switch is a decent home console, but I never liked it as a portable. It's just too big. So I play mine exclusively docked. For years I've carried my Game Boy Pocket and Tetris with me on flights. The device we're talking about has beautiful screen, all the modern emulation features plus a form factor that I can fit in my pocket. It works for me.

Yep. I have purchased so many portable emulation devices that have many pros/cons over the past 3-5 years (if you include homebrewing Vita/3DS) but the experience on the MM (smaller version that is more expensive and harder to find now) and MM+ with Onion OS is the best compromise of size/battery/price/performance. Imagine how popular it would be if a major western company developed an Android-based version (for user simplicity as linux might be too difficult) and marketed it in the US/Europe. They could say it is intended for Android gaming/streaming but the userbase would be able to figure out emulation.
This was my first emulation device and I love it. I saw the original MM and It's too small for me. Lol! Good stuff though. The community is very active in updating the OS so thing will keep getting better.

I think the Switch is a decent home console, but I never liked it as a portable. It's just too big. So I play mine exclusively docked. For years I've carried my Game Boy Pocket and Tetris with me on flights. The device we're talking about has beautiful screen, all the modern emulation features plus a form factor that I can fit in my pocket. It works for me.
I oftem travel with a GBA SP or GBA depending on where I'm going. I have a pristine re-cased model of each and then beaters for travel. Can't beat the OG GBA's transflective LCD on the beach and taking regular AAs to have extras on hand is ideal.

I bring the switch too, but I agree that it's too large to be comfortably used out and about in public anywhere other than on a flight.

I agree. I own a Switch and a Switch Lite, and while the Switch Lite's screen size is fine for a portable, the buttons are too damn small for any platformers that require precision jumps.

I oftem travel with a GBA SP or GBA depending on where I'm going. I have a pristine re-cased model of each and then beaters for travel. Can't beat the OG GBA's transflective LCD on the beach and taking regular AAs to have extras on hand is ideal.

I bring the switch too, but I agree that it's too large to be comfortably used out and about in public anywhere other than on a flight.
Yeah the GBA/SP are great choices. I was actually looking into getting a modded GBA and everdrive before finding the Miyoo Mini+.

I agree. I own a Switch and a Switch Lite, and while the Switch Lite's screen size is fine for a portable, the buttons are too damn small for any platformers that require precision jumps.
I understand. At least the Lite has a D-pad. The L joycon directional buttons are awful.

Yeah the GBA/SP are great choices. I was actually looking into getting a modded GBA and everdrive before finding the Miyoo Mini+.
Everdrive is excellent but the EZFlash is good enough so you're not dragging your now valuable carts to the park or the beach.

If choosing between modded or a miyoo or similar, I'd probably go miyoo too. IPS, flash drive, and LiPo out of the box.

The switch lite is close to being perfect while simultaneously seeming like a completely different device than the switch. People who've never owned one can't understand why it exists as a "switch" --I wonder how many more pro controllers they would have sold if they'd given it hdmi out. Not like Nintendo is filled with regret over their switch sales

The idea behind these devices is that they are small enough that you can take them anywhere with you and not take up much space. Instead of swiping through twitter/reddit/youtube/tiktok, etc I can make progress in an old retro game (usually I play turn-based RPGs or tactics games on the go) I have always wanted to experience but never had time to play. They are small enough to be inconspicuous (as opposed to a full on switch or steamdeck) and set up in a way to allow quickly turning off or on (resuming where you left off) whenever using Onion OS.

When I am at home I am usually playing more modern games on the PS5/XBOX/Switch. There are ways to take your save file from the Miyoo Mini and play the game on a TV using other devices (PC, Android with screen mirror casting, etc) if you want as well.

I just use my 3DS..
I used to travel with my 3ds, but now I've become afraid of something happening to it and how hard it would be to replace. Also now that I've typed that out, I see how dumb it is...

Had a switch lite for about a year and the buttons felt lousy. Dpad was mush. I prefer the hori d pad joycon for the regular Switch.
I really should have picked one up back when they were cheap...

I just use my 3DS..
I use mine for 3DS-specific games since there is really no other great way to emulate/experience those games if you want the 3D effect with dual screens. Also, the 3DS hardware is not as well optimized for emulation at times and is slow to read data if you use larger microSD cards. The Miyoo Mini+ is easier for me to carry discretely than my 3DS.

I use mine for 3DS-specific games since there is really no other great way to emulate/experience those games if you want the 3D effect with dual screens. Also, the 3DS hardware is not as well optimized for emulation at times and is slow to read data if you use larger microSD cards. The Miyoo Mini+ is easier for me to carry discretely than my 3DS.
Being able to jump form Mother 3 to Alundra & finish off with some Marvel vs Capcom on a flight. The Miyoo Mini Plus is versatile. The 3DS was solid. The Zelda games were fun, but I just never got too into the system. You can easily slip an original 3DS in your pocket though. I prefer games from the older generations while traveling. The Miyoo can handle so much a full speed in a small form factor.

I feel like I walked into an infomercial thread for the miyoo.  That is what this is right?  I mean it reads like one.

If I'm going for pocketable emulation, I'll take my PSP Go.  And if I'm traveling then the Switch if I feel like I'm going to have enough downtime to warrant bringing a game system at all.  In most cases, I'll just leave the games at home and enjoy the adventure and be present with the people I'm with.

I feel like I walked into an infomercial thread for the miyoo. That is what this is right? I mean it reads like one.

If I'm going for pocketable emulation, I'll take my PSP Go. And if I'm traveling then the Switch if I feel like I'm going to have enough downtime to warrant bringing a game system at all. In most cases, I'll just leave the games at home and enjoy the adventure and be present with the people I'm with.
When people started this conversation I had the exact same thought. My PSP Go is perfect for that and has more than enough space on the storage for it.

To each their own though.

The Anbernic RG35XX is another good emulation device. Just add Garlic OS. Nintendo drip feeds classic games  so these device's are great. It's sturdy and cheap too. Around $50 or so. 

Everdrive is excellent but the EZFlash is good enough so you're not dragging your now valuable carts to the park or the beach.

If choosing between modded or a miyoo or similar, I'd probably go miyoo too. IPS, flash drive, and LiPo out of the box.
As a collector, emulation devices from the likes of Miyoo and Anbernic are great if you actually want to play games. Classic handheld games prices are getting ridiculous.

The Vita can do everything the PSP can and more. Not a lot of people have one though.
I love my Vita and the PSTV, but the portability of the PSP Go to easily slip into a pocket without worry of messing up a stick or using a case as well as having built in storage make it a winner for me. My vita I feel like I need a case, same for the switch. Plus it’s only slightly wider than this miyoo thing and smaller width and thickness and lighter and I can use the psp go dock and ps3 controller to make it a console I’d I really want. It’s amazing what’s in this little system.

But this is the eshop thread. There are a lot of good options for this stuff with systems most of us already own.

I love my Vita and the PSTV, but the portability of the PSP Go to easily slip into a pocket without worry of messing up a stick or using a case as well as having built in storage make it a winner for me. My vita I feel like I need a case, same for the switch. Plus it’s only slightly wider than this miyoo thing and smaller width and thickness and lighter and I can use the psp go dock and ps3 controller to make it a console I’d I really want. It’s amazing what’s in this little system.

But this is the eshop thread. There are a lot of good options for this stuff with systems most of us already own.
PSP Go is a good option for emulation, but it isn't cheap. I sell them easily for $175 console and charger only. The Mini and RG35 are around $50-60 new. That's less than a year of NSO premium.

That does sound nice. But I have a modded PSP and 3DS that, between them, do quite nicely giving me access to the huge majority of 2600, NES, SMS, GB/GBC, Game Gear, Lynx, PCE, PCECD, Gen, SCD, SNES, CPS1/2, NeoGeo, PSX, GBA, PSP, DS, and 3DS games, not to mention all the retro compilations that are available on some of the later platforms listed there. I don’t feel a need to spend another $60+ on another device that will offer mostly overlapping, generally narrower functionality in an only slightly more convenient form factor.

Shameful as it may be to admit, I’ve never really played any of the Zelda games over the years. I have TotK but haven’t played it yet because I haven’t played BotW. With all of that in mind what is a good starting point for the Zelda games on the Switch?

Is A Link to the Past one of the SNES games available via NSO? That's probably the oldest and arguably best one to start with if you're trying to play through the series. The NES ones aren't bad, but they're very old school and a bit inaccessible.

Is A Link to the Past one of the SNES games available via NSO? That's probably the oldest and arguably best one to start with if you're trying to play through the series. The NES ones aren't bad, but they're very old school and a bit inaccessible.
It is, just looked it up. Need to sign up for NSO individual again. Thanks for the info. I wouldn’t feel right playing TotK before playing some of the other games in the series first.

Shameful as it may be to admit, I’ve never really played any of the Zelda games over the years. I have TotK but haven’t played it yet because I haven’t played BotW. With all of that in mind what is a good starting point for the Zelda games on the Switch?
Just play BotW first. The story continuity to previous games is very weak. It is basically a whole new story and if youve never played any prior game it feels completely self contained. Then after TotK you could either go back and play Hyrule Warriors, which is like a bizarre Cliff Notes version of the plot and characters of every Zelda game released prior to it. You could also play Link to the Past or Legend of Zelda via NSO, but I wouldn't hold off on BotW to play those games first.

I am partial to Link's Awakening (either Switch version or DX via Switch Online > Game Boy).

Honestly, you'd be fine just starting with Breath of the Wild. The Zelda games tend to be pretty standalone, although they feature similar elements. I guess the stories are all supposed to fit together somehow, but that's not really evident playing the games. I've only played Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Breath of the Wild and now Tears of the Kingdom, and Breath of the Wild is a great introduction to the franchise.

I ended up biting on the membership since I was planning on getting Super Mario Wonder and Super Mario RPG at launch. I was hoping for some sort of deal on Pikmin 4 too. I also ordered extra copies to use as Christmas gifts.

Time will tell if this will be worth it over other sales or b2g1 deals that don’t require a membership. Hell, it wouldn’t surprise me if they get rid of the deal. But right now, I like that I don’t have to scour/hope for deals on Switch games as much and I can live with getting games at $42 at launch.

As the first person to respond to the Zelda question, I agree with most of the other takes. Breath of the Wild in no way requires familiarity with previous entries in the series.

I was just directly answering the question. A Link to the Past is the furthest back I'd generally recommend going, but that doesn't mean you need to complete every single game starting from that point.

Like most things, BotW and TotK reward longtime fans with references and the like, but I'd never suggest you should hold off on them and play the entirety of the previous 30+ years of games first.

I ended up biting on the membership since I was planning on getting Super Mario Wonder and Super Mario RPG at launch. I was hoping for some sort of deal on Pikmin 4 too. I also ordered extra copies to use as Christmas gifts.

Time will tell if this will be worth it over other sales or b2g1 deals that don’t require a membership. Hell, it wouldn’t surprise me if they get rid of the deal. But right now, I like that I don’t have to scour/hope for deals on Switch games as much and I can live with getting games at $42 at launch.
I Mean I'll probably get in on it just because holiday release and also looks like some of the expansions/DLC are part of the B2G1 as well and I have very little faith in Nintendo marking down the Xenoblade 2 and 3 expansions any time soon.

It says you can cancel the membership anytime. Has anyone tried to do the B2G1 and then cancelling the BB membership? Lol
6. Bundled discounts.
If the Member purchases My Best Buy Plus and receives a discount off the regular price because of a bundling
offer and later returns an item or cancels a plan, service, or subscription that was part of the bundle, the Member
will be charged the difference between (i) the discounted price of Plus, or any other items that the Member keeps
and that formed part of the bundle, and (ii) the then-current full retail price of such items

bread's done
Back