Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I honed my typing playing MUDs.

I mean, we're all middle-aged here, right? We're using a forum in 2023.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honed my typing playing MUDs.

I mean, we're all middle-aged here, right? We're using a forum in 2023.
MUDs? Look at this whipper snapper who's too good for good old tele-arena. 9600 baud for life.

I didn't learn to type well in school. I was the kid too busy copying shufflepuck Cafe back onto the macs every class.

All I know is I was typing before I turned 6, on the internet before I turned 8, and had started gaming online by age 10.

Really it’s no wonder I turned out like this. Also you people are old.

There wasn't even an internet when I was 10...
I remember spending so much time in the college computer lab to just browse the internet. It was so much better than home. At home we didn’t have an ISP so all I could do was dial into the school system. It was a very rudimentary system. You could use it to get to usenets.

I remember spending so much time in the college computer lab to just browse the internet. It was so much better than home. At home we didn’t have an ISP so all I could do was dial into the school system. It was a very rudimentary system. You could use it to get to usenets.
I'm sure you could have browsed the then web with Lynx, but the trick was knowing the urls of worthwhile sites and those that would render OK in just text. Netscape (of Navigator game) really managed to go from the most important company to literally nothing in such a relatively short amount of time.

I officially feel old. My kid is the one who installed tiramisu on our Wii U. I may no longer be the tech expert in the house.
Lol! Thats pretty cool. I was thinking of soft modding my Wii U and Switch. That way I can box up and retire my modded Wii. Apparently my launch switch can still be hacked and I don't play switch online anyway so it would be good to just run homebrew.

MUDs? Look at this whipper snapper who's too good for good old tele-arena. 9600 baud for life.

I didn't learn to type well in school. I was the kid too busy copying shufflepuck Cafe back onto the macs every class.
Macs?! We had an Apple II and Apple IIe lab behind the typing class room (no computers in each class). That was one of the perks to take typing was getting to go back and play some Oregon Trail, Carmen Sandiego, Conan, or something when classwork was done. What a great way to encourage me to type fast and accurate! It is one of the few classes that taught a truly practical skill (and it was a skill I wanted, especially with the text based interfaces on many games). I tried to encourage my kids to take it... none of them did.

The #Tetris99 34th MAXIMUS CUP event will run from 7/7 at 12am PT – 7/10 at 11:59pm PT! Once you’ve accumulated a total of 100 event points, a new theme will unlock, featuring art, music, and Tetrimino designs inspired by #Pikmin4!
@Tetris_Official

Macs?! We had an Apple II and Apple IIe lab behind the typing class room (no computers in each class). That was one of the perks to take typing was getting to go back and play some Oregon Trail, Carmen Sandiego, Conan, or something when classwork was done. What a great way to encourage me to type fast and accurate! It is one of the few classes that taught a truly practical skill (and it was a skill I wanted, especially with the text based interfaces on many games). I tried to encourage my kids to take it... none of them did.
I remember the Apple IIe being the "special" computer in homeroom. The only one that took the smaller floppy disks. I also remember my homeroom class giving me my first ever standing ovation when I finally caught Carmen Sandiego. I always made the Oregon Trail joke that "if you died of dysentery, Terry must be one oversensitive SOB."

I remember the Apple IIe being the "special" computer in homeroom. The only one that took the smaller floppy disks. I also remember my homeroom class giving me my first ever standing ovation when I finally caught Carmen Sandiego. I always made the Oregon Trail joke that "if you died of dysentery, Terry must be one oversensitive SOB."
Wait, didn't Apple IIe have the medium floppies (the 5.25" ones). There's supposedly like an 8" or something one that I've actually never used.

My MUD of choice was Dawn of the Dragon. Sometimes I wonder if it's still around and people still get on it.
Mine's still around and I check up on it like every 5 years or so. But I recognize like none of the names.

Wait, didn't Apple IIe have the medium floppies (the 5.25" ones). There's supposedly like an 8" or something one that I've actually never used.

Mine's still around and I check up on it like every 5 years or so. But I recognize like none of the names.
It's been 30+ years, I genuinely don't remember.

I've only ever seen the ones with 5.25" floppy drives.. typically dual drives. Nicely the public library ones all had dual drives and I'd copy my favorite games. I still have a few of those disks.

The Coveted Mirror, Transylvania, The Crimson Crown (Transylvania II), & Mystery House are the main ones I remember.

I was limited to whatever the public library had and then what was in the lab that one year I was taking typing. So something like action based like Conan Hall of Valta was a special treat (even though it took me a while to finish it). There were also the Crosscountry games where you are in a truck or other vehicle navigating the country or whatever.

Wave 5 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass launches July 12th
Returning courses Athens Dash (Mario Kart Tour), Daisy Cruiser (Mario Kart Double Dash), and Moonview Highway (Mario Kart Wii) are included in Wave 5’s Feather Cup championship, as is the entirely new bathroom inspired-track Squeaky Clean Sprint.

The final four courses making up the new Cherry Cup are Los Angeles Laps (Mario Kart Tour), Sunset Wilds (Mario Kart Super Circuit), Koopa Cape (Mario Kart Wii), and Vancouver Velocity (Mario Kart Tour).

As a heads up, you don't get any tables for free if you owned them on Pinball FX3:
Missing tables and people are already complaining about the graphics. I've been playing FX on Xbox and it still feels pretty much the same as FX3. There's been a couple of sales already, like the Williams Collection 1 for 50% off. Pick up the free tables, but definitely wait till they work out the bugs and put things on sale before buying.

I hate that they've become do strict on the tables. I loved bringing tables from the original FX to FX2, it was awesome to me
I get not wanting to give people free tables until the end of time, but a notable discount for tables you owned on the previous game would help a lot. At least they kind of do that on Steam with the weird bundle stuff they do to make them half off, but that can also be limited to bundles versus individual tables.

The only time I feel like the Switch screen is small is when I play Pinball because I spent so many years playing handheld on a tablet. The Star Wars Pinball is still the best collection to get on Switch, it goes on sale for $20 or less and has tons of tables, plus good integration of single player challenges. It's a shame they never did any other similar collections, would have loved one with all the Marvel tables.

I get not wanting to give people free tables until the end of time, but a notable discount for tables you owned on the previous game would help a lot. At least they kind of do that on Steam with the weird bundle stuff they do to make them half off, but that can also be limited to bundles versus individual tables.
I do get that as well, some of the more notable tables were pricey so having some kind of discount or bundle like you mentioned would lessen the sting to those of us that played for so long. Not trying to completely crap on them as it's been a fun game in the past for me to play on Xbox, I want them to succeed wholeheartedly

https://www.target.com/pl/170833366?clkid=f115840dNa8a611ed994d176091083281&cpng=PTID1&lnm=360518&afid=Slickdeals_LLC&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002 Says shipping is eligible but I used store pickup.

Got this from Slickdeals. $30 off 4 Mario Switch games. New Super Mario Bros, Odyssey, Super Mario Party and 3-D world. $30 off when you 'Save' the corresponding Circle Offer. In case anyone is wondering, the promo initially does not appear to be eligible for games but just make sure to select the "Save the Offer," AND choose Store Pickup or Free Delivery (if qualified); not Shipping. You will see the green 1 offer after you add to cart and then save it.

I bought New Super Bros for $21.32 total but it wouldn't let me use my gift card for some reason so I just used my red card.

Here is the SD link

https://slickdeals.net/f/16772948-target-circle-30-off-select-nintendo-switch-super-mario-games-super-mario-bros-u-deluxe-20-more?p=164531021#post164531021

https://www.target.com/pl/170833366?clkid=f115840dNa8a611ed994d176091083281&cpng=PTID1&lnm=360518&afid=Slickdeals_LLC&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002 Says shipping is eligible but I used store pickup.

Got this from Slickdeals. $30 off 4 Mario Switch games. New Super Mario Bros, Odyssey, Super Mario Party and 3-D world. $30 off when you 'Save' the corresponding Circle Offer. In case anyone is wondering, the promo initially does not appear to be eligible for games but just make sure to select the "Save the Offer," AND choose Store Pickup or Free Delivery (if qualified); not Shipping. You will see the green 1 offer after you add to cart and then save it.

I bought New Super Bros for $21.32 total but it wouldn't let me use my gift card for some reason so I just used my red card.

Here is the SD link

https://slickdeals.net/f/16772948-target-circle-30-off-select-nintendo-switch-super-mario-games-super-mario-bros-u-deluxe-20-more?p=164531021#post164531021
Grabbed all four and the trick with gift cards is the amount of the gift card needs to be less than the amount after red card discount and before tax. Used MS points and grabbed two $25 Target gifts cards for Odyssey and 3D World and MS points for two $10 Target gift cards for New Super Mario Bros and Mario Party. Final for all four titles was $31.

I've never had that issue with a gift card before. What is the point of a gift card if you can't use it to purchase the item you want? I will just call them up and ask them to change it.

Called and was told I can't change payment after the order has been placed. Only option was to cancel and reorder but I didn't do that since it was out of stock and I didn't want to risk not getting the game at all. Then she wanted to find out why the gift card wasn't working and kept putting me on hold and it was really hard to understand her so I just said forget it and hung up. 

Mario + Rabbids sparks of hope has a 50% off coupon.

How are we feeling about that Walmart Pikmin 4 bottle? I was planning on waiting for a sale but that bottle is sort of enticing????
Best Buy for the Tote bag for me. Helped that I did Total Tech when we ordered all new kitchen appliances which has now become Best Buy Total so I get the buy 2 get 1 free on Switch titles and pre ordered Pikmin 4, Mario RPG, and Mario Wonder and had some rewards to use.

Best Buy for the Tote bag for me. Helped that I did Total Tech when we ordered all new kitchen appliances which has now become Best Buy Total so I get the buy 2 get 1 free on Switch titles and pre ordered Pikmin 4, Mario RPG, and Mario Wonder and had some rewards to use.
How does the B2G1 charge? Is it a prorated price once each item ships?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

How does the B2G1 charge? Is it a prorated price once each item ships?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Charge as each item ships. For my order (had a $100 reward certificate)

$0.00 for Pikmin 4

$10.65 for Mario Wonder

$10.65 for Mario RPG

They also will null and void deal and back charge full price for free game if you cancel any of the games.

bread's done
Back