Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
The unfortunate part: combining a game where you needed to be outside in the sun with a system where the screen looked horrible when you were out in the sun.
Thanks to emulation you can just play the game indoors and set the weather to whatever suits your needs.

The unfortunate part: combining a game where you needed to be outside in the sun with a system where the screen looked horrible when you were out in the sun.
I think I got my original GBA modified mostly to play that game. I do remember really enjoying the game though.

The original GBA with it's reflective tft screen wasn't too bad in the sun. It was everywhere else it kind of sucked since you needed a lamp, wormlight, mod the system, or something to see it.

But yeah, overall those screens and the gbc screens sucked hard. GBA SP+ is where it's at.

Too bad every GBA had a downside.

GBA: no light
GBA SP: less comfortable, no headphone jack
Micro: less comfortable, no GB/GBC games

Even the Analogue Pocket: less comfortable

Did anyone do the weird aftermarket light for the original GBA? I remember helping my bro install it (the first version wasn't too easy lol).

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone do the weird aftermarket light for the original GBA? I remember helping my bro install it (the first version wasn't too easy lol).
I was a part of that and friends with the guy who got it (The Afterburner) together. Heck I was one of the first people to get that as he sent me one as soon as the initial kit was ready for press review. I had mine the same day IGN got theirs (this was before I had my short stint of writing for the insider channel). I worked a side project with other people on the ign boards to try and get something done quicker. Ended up getting a front light sample from a french company but had to pay some $$ on shipping which another dude actually stepped up and sent me the money to cover because he was so interested in the research and how I'd post pretty much everything. Ultimately it was a lot harder to get this together in a way that I would feel good hooking others up with it ... but it was good times being there on the cutting edge of getting frontlights into gba's and Nintendo's response to copy the whole thing with the first version of the sp.

Fun times. I still have the afterburner in my original arctic white gba.

I heard once that a Lawsuit is in order because of sunburn skin damage from this game. There's a list growing that got permanent skin damage from having to play it outside and the game developer and production companies are getting hit hard if lawsuit goes anywhere that is. Not sure how this one will hold up in the courts but seems no warning label was on the box about being aware of sunburn risk when playing.

I heard once that a Lawsuit is in order because of sunburn skin damage from this game. There's a list growing that got permanent skin damage from having to play it outside and the game developer and production companies are getting hit hard if lawsuit goes anywhere that is. Not sure how this one will hold up in the courts but seems no warning label was on the box about being aware of sunburn risk when playing.
🤡🌎

I can't imagine that price-match glitch won't get corrected - that would be a pretty big mistake by Walmart.

But no, and for now, I'm sad about it.
Was a post edited or deleted? Looks like Walmart is having a problems with preorders. A number of action figure preorders got "price matched" to $0. I saw that customer service was telling people the system will correct itself in 24 hours.

Was a post edited or deleted? Looks like Walmart is having a problems with preorders. A number of action figure preorders got "price matched" to $0. I saw that customer service was telling people the system will correct itself in 24 hours.
I think the poster above you just read my mind.

Here’s the thing: who is the dumbass that contacted customer support?

I think the poster above you just read my mind.

Here’s the thing: who is the dumbass that contacted customer support?
My first reaction was the ordered was cancelled. But then I looked around online. My preorder was also with a credit card, so nothing had been done yet. People preordering with PayPal received refunds, which I'm sure added to the kneejerk factor.

210898d1689787640-gi-joe-classified-series-official-thread-2023-a-screenshot_20230719_102620_facebook.jpg

My first reaction was the ordered was cancelled. But then I looked around online. My preorder was also with a credit card, so nothing had been done yet. People preordering with PayPal received refunds, which I'm sure added to the kneejerk factor.

210898d1689787640-gi-joe-classified-series-official-thread-2023-a-screenshot_20230719_102620_facebook.jpg
Fun fact, some people who got launch PS5 systems with Walmart got them for like $15 because of a bunch of the price matching automation weirdness and some even got them for free.

I'm not sure if it was discussed somewhere and I just missed it, but I just found out that WayForward is releasing a Shantae game for Game Boy Advance. I need this in my life.

I'm not sure if it was discussed somewhere and I just missed it, but I just found out that WayForward is releasing a Shantae game for Game Boy Advance. I need this in my life.
It was announced as part of the Limited Run e3 show. Along with the announcement, there was an interview with one of the developers on the game's history and how it fits within the series if you're interested.

Yeah we talked about it in the LRG thread. Unfortunately for the moment it's just them finishing Shantae Advance and releasing it as a gba cart. But it should get brought to other systems at some point after that... probably with LRG's "carbon engine" emulation thing.

I'm going to pass on it... but if it's cheap digital later, then I'll consider it because I mainly just want to play on tv and don't really want to hook the GC & GBA Player up to do that.

If it’s closely based on the original planned version, it’s probably going to feel old and unrefined. If it’s been significantly changed, it’ll probably feel more like their most recent Shantae games. Either way sounds like a bad time, so it’s an easy skip; and even if it were as good as Pirate’s Curse, I’m not doing business with WayForward ever again after the Half Genie Hero kickstarter.

Unrelated question, I tried asking this in the Nintendo section but nobody goes outside of the deals section anymore, but for the Pokemon Sword/Shield + Expansion Pass releases, is there a way to tell if the cart I have is the actual Expansion Pass cart? I know the label has expansion pass on it but I'm sure labels can be faked pretty easily and slapped on a normal Sword/Shield cart. 

Unrelated question, I tried asking this in the Nintendo section but nobody goes outside of the deals section anymore, but for the Pokemon Sword/Shield + Expansion Pass releases, is there a way to tell if the cart I have is the actual Expansion Pass cart? I know the label has expansion pass on it but I'm sure labels can be faked pretty easily and slapped on a normal Sword/Shield cart.
With all switch carts there is a set of numbers/letters on the front that should match the code on the back. If it's different then it's fake

Streaming some Pikmin 4 if you want to see it in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. Seems like a solid new entry in the series with some good improvements over what I've seen in Pikmin 1 and 2 recently. Oatchi seems like a solid companion and ride to get around a bit quicker and add a bit to the combat stuff. The only real issue I have so far is that there are a lot of controls to this game and the game doesn't really have any great ways to customize it besides a limited d-pad shortcut system to get to some of the menus faster or the things in the Oatchi/Pikmin wheel menu. 

I guess I shouldn't be surprised since it's in the name, but I only recently noticed that the NSO Virtual Console games can ONLY be played when you're online. I tried to play the when I was offline a couple days ago and I couldn't even launch the app.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised since it's in the name, but I only recently noticed that the NSO Virtual Console games can ONLY be played when you're online. I tried to play the when I was offline a couple days ago and I couldn't even launch the app.
Nah, works fine offline for the primary console on the account.

“Games can be played while you are offline, but you must have an active membership and verify your membership every seven days by connecting online.”

You can play them offline, but you have to occasionally let the Switch phone home to verify you still have an active member ship. I was playing Shining Force on the plane last week.

I think the Switch successor will be essentially an upgraded Switch (same form factor and hybrid) with the uniqueness being the input method or controller.

This makes the transition low risk as it allows Nintendo to abandon the controller for a traditional input method if consumers/developers do not embrace the change.

I think the Switch successor will be essentially an upgraded Switch (same form factor and hybrid) with the uniqueness being the input method or controller.

This makes the transition low risk as it allows Nintendo to abandon the controller for a traditional input method if consumers/developers do not embrace the change.
As long as it's BC with switch carts... I'm cool. If not, then I'll probably just wait it out as I have enough of a backlog. It would take some real amazing game to get me to day 1 another console when I have so much to play.

As long as it's BC with switch carts... I'm cool. If not, then I'll probably just wait it out as I have enough of a backlog. It would take some real amazing game to get me to day 1 another console when I have so much to play.
Agreed. Really hoping for cartridge backwards compatibility but not assuming it. I try to hold out for at least 3 exclusive games or at least a special edition. If it has a screen and it’s not OLED though…don’t think I could do it.

bread's done
Back