Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I don't know if this was posted here yet. But the Chinese SoC manufacturer named PixArt has mentioned in a financial report that a new Japanese gaming console is coming in 2024. They'll be supplying parts for it, and they previously made the SoC powering the joycon sensors. So it's not unreasonable to assume it's a new model for the Switch, or perhaps the successor:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nintendo-Switch-2-release-date-area-strongly-hinted-at-in-third-party-financial-forecast-for-PixArt-Imaging.736405.0.html

Not really a surprise as the Switch will be 7+ years old by then. But I kinda hope Nintendo rides it out a little longer so that it can pass the PS2 as the best selling game console ever

As long as it's BC with switch carts... I'm cool. If not, then I'll probably just wait it out as I have enough of a backlog. It would take some real amazing game to get me to day 1 another console when I have so much to play.
Mario Odyssey 2 then I'd jump in both feet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this was posted here yet. But the Chinese SoC manufacturer named PixArt has mentioned in a financial report that a new Japanese gaming console is coming in 2024. They'll be supplying parts for it, and they previously made the SoC powering the joycon sensors. So it's not unreasonable to assume it's a new model for the Switch, or perhaps the successor:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nintendo-Switch-2-release-date-area-strongly-hinted-at-in-third-party-financial-forecast-for-PixArt-Imaging.736405.0.html

Not really a surprise as the Switch will be 7+ years old by then. But I kinda hope Nintendo rides it out a little longer so that it can pass the PS2 as the best selling game console ever
It might be nice to finally eliminate the one piece of evidence that would suggest that number of sales correlates to quality, yes.

They always pair this stuff with the unhealthiest, most ultra-processed food imaginable. Really unashamedly leaning into to the gamer stereotype.

IMO its a better deal to just buy the $100(for $80) gaming gift cards at Costco when they are on sale and then I don't have to eat Hot Pockets, win/win

Yeah, I'm sure the majority of typical gamers who buy cage free foods are outraged...
Lol who said anything about cage free foods? There are a lot of food options in between junk food and whatever organic trendy shit yuppies buy at Erewhon or whatever. Eat real food. You can buy some cheap cut of pork chops and grill them up perfectly for the same price as a package of hot pockets.

Lol who said anything about cage free foods? There are a lot of food options in between junk food and whatever organic trendy shit yuppies buy at Erewhon or whatever. Eat real food. You can buy some cheap cut of pork chops and grill them up perfectly for the same price as a package of hot pockets.
People in their teens and pre dominant twenties that game ain't got time for that! Like at the age I had of gaming (the non shameful Hot Pocket eating age I want to say) with friend's on the weekend we were chugging down two liters and eating marked down fried chicken. We didn't give a damn whatever the hell was going in our bodies, but we just wanted that shit quick and ready.

That and you typically couldn't cook in a dorm room or were allowed to at home.

Grocery store wise prices vary greatly depending on where you live and what stores are available. I can occasionally get a 9 pack of pork steaks for under 10$ which is way cheaper than hot pockets typically are.

Aqua Moto Racing Utopia is on sale for $3.99 and it caught my eye since it looks like the old wave race games. Anyone here have it and think it's worth the $4?

Oh nevermind I didn't realize waverace 64 was on the N64 NSO app I'll just play that 

They do actually sell frozen grilled chicken and vegetables. It’s not like your only choices are “cook it from scratch yourself” and hot pockets. People choose junk food because people like junk food, and for a lot of those people it’s not till they’re older and that starts to catch up with them that they switch to healthier options.

They do actually sell frozen grilled chicken and vegetables. It’s not like your only choices are “cook it from scratch yourself” and hot pockets. People choose junk food because people like junk food, and for a lot of those people it’s not till they’re older and that starts to catch up with them that they switch to healthier options.
Nestle does? I didn't see that on the promotion. I only thought you could buy hot pockets or chocolate milk. I would have definitely gotten some vegetables and grilled chicken too. What a rip off!

Nestle does? I didn't see that on the promotion. I only thought you could buy hot pockets or chocolate milk. I would have definitely gotten some vegetables and grilled chicken too. What a rip off!
Sorry, I wasn’t talking about the promotion, I was responding to some earlier statements about buying stuff like hot pockets vs. cooking for yourself. I dunno what frozen foods Nestle sells, that was a general “they.”

Sorry, I wasn’t talking about the promotion, I was responding to some earlier statements about buying stuff like hot pockets vs. cooking for yourself. I dunno what frozen foods Nestle sells, that was a general “they.”
e00c9cbc-5a23-4eca-bd8e-cbcc7215a2ae_text.gif

be841af9-045a-4bc1-89e8-41bcb96b79b6_text.gif

I bought 3 of the Steamworld games that are on sale (Dig, Dig 2 and Heist), curious to see how these are.

I bought 3 of the Steamworld games that are on sale (Dig, Dig 2 and Quest), curious to see how these are.
Dig 1/2 are great metroidvania games. 1 is pretty short I think you can beat it first time around 6 hours. Second game expands a lot on everything you could do in the first game and should last you quite a bit. Steamworld dig and guacamelee games are some of my favorite metroidvanias besides actual metroid games.

I bought 3 of the Steamworld games that are on sale (Dig, Dig 2 and Quest), curious to see how these are.
Super charming and entertaining indies. Tbh Steamworld Heist is my favorite, but everyone else seems to love the Dig games the most. Quest is underrated imo. It’s an rpg with a card-based battle system, but it doesn’t have any annoying rogue-like mechanics like most other similar games. It’s bit too easy once you figure out your favorite cards and characters, but it’s fun from beginning to end and doesn’t drag on like so many RPGs.

Nintendo Multiplayer Sale (ends 8/21 at 3 AM ET/12 AM PT):

https://www.nintendo.com/store/games/deals/?cid=A1011-99:ch=eid&eid=20230807_Sale_Multiplayer

Nintendo's games (30% off) - Physical also on sale for some games

• Arms
  • Big Brain Academy: Brain vs Brain
  • Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics
  • Game Builder Garage
  • Go Vacation
  • Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition
  • Kirby Fighters 2
  • Kirby Star Allies
  • Mario Golf: Super Rush
  • Mario Party Superstars
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League
  • Mario Tennis Aces
  • Miitopia
  • Snipperclips: Cut it out, together!, DLC, and Bundle
  • Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido
Other notables

• Broforce - $2.99 - 80% off - Forever update out tomorrow
  • Cuphead & The Delicious Last Course - $18.89 - 30% off
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising - $8.99 - 85% off
  • Monaco: Complete Edition - $2.99 - 80% off
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris - $4.99 - 75% off
  • TMNT: The Cowabunga Collection - $23.99 - 40% off
  • Torchlight III - $4.99 - 88% off
  • Ultra Kaiju Monster Rancher - $29.99 - 40% off
  • We Love Katamari Reroll + Royal Reverie Special Edition - $29.99 - 25% off

New lows

If that gets miitopia down a bit from the usual cheap price of $41.88 at Walmart... I may finally bite and get a copy.  I think I have everything else in that sale that I'd want.

Anyone play Diablo 2 or 3 on Switch? How does it perform? Looks like the bundle is on sale for $20, which seems like a pretty good deal.

I liked Pokemon Stadium 2 but I'm not upgrading to the $50 version of NSO to rent it. The fact that we can't purchase these games digitally is ridiculous.

I liked Pokemon Stadium 2 but I'm not upgrading to the $50 version of NSO to rent it. The fact that we can't purchase these games digitally is ridiculous.
Once Xbox started doing Backwards Compatibility it really highlighted how ridiculous Nintendo is being. I already purchased a ton of N64, SNES and NES games on Wii and now those are gone when that shop closed. If we are going to be allowed to buy them, it needs to tie it to our account so we don't have to buy it again each generation.

Once Xbox started doing Backwards Compatibility it really highlighted how ridiculous Nintendo is being. I already purchased a ton of N64, SNES and NES games on Wii and now those are gone when that shop closed. If we are going to be allowed to buy them, it needs to tie it to our account so we don't have to buy it again each generation.
And even if they were available for purchase Nintendo would overcharge and never put them on sale. They've gotten greedier than ever thanks to the Switch success. They even stopped doing the Nintendo Selects this gen.

If I copied a 200 GB MicroSD onto a 256 GB, can I use that 200 GB one previously in an OG on a new OLED without incident?
You can supposedly use a PC to copy the microSD files from one microSD to another, but I have not tried it personally. I suspect the new drive needs to be formatted specifically so you might want to format the new drive in the switch before trying to copy from the old drive to the new one.

Pokemon Trading Card Game was amazing. Rather limited card pool but great visuals, amazing music, and lots of charm. I'm glad more people are going to get to play it now.

Gamestop is offering a "Buy 1, Get 1" deal on some Switch digital games. It would seem to work even with the current discounts.

https://www.gamestop.com/search/digital/?pmid=29505&prefn1=platform&prefv1=Nintendo%20Switch&view=new&tileView=list

I grabbed two of the Mario sports games for about $21 each, with $6 back in "gold coins"...
FYI- GameStop’s B1G1 deal applies to several new physical Switch games too, though there isn’t four games in the list I would buy, which is required for the games I’m looking at to get over their $79 free shipping minimum.

I was hoping the Violet/Scarlet expansion would be released today. I'll still play it but I was hoping to play it before diving further in Baldur's Gate 3 and Starfield is in that same time frame.

Pokemon Trading Card Game was amazing. Rather limited card pool but great visuals, amazing music, and lots of charm. I'm glad more people are going to get to play it now.
Secretly the best Pokemon game on GB. Too bad NA didn't get the sequel.

bread's done
Back