Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Once Xbox started doing Backwards Compatibility it really highlighted how ridiculous Nintendo is being. I already purchased a ton of N64, SNES and NES games on Wii and now those are gone when that shop closed. If we are going to be allowed to buy them, it needs to tie it to our account so we don't have to buy it again each generation.
Wait, I thought you still had access to the games you purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And even if they were available for purchase Nintendo would overcharge and never put them on sale. They've gotten greedier than ever thanks to the Switch success. They even stopped doing the Nintendo Selects this gen.
That's a good thing. Those cases are ugly.

That's a good thing. Those cases are ugly.
Back when retail stores used to carry a large inventory of games you could get the old stock original case version for the lower price before they were all replaced with the ugly version. Now in the digital era I really hope they don't carry the ugly version over to the digital game cover as well.

Wait, I thought you still had access to the games you purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On Wii I don't think you can connect to the store anymore, so if they are downloaded onto your Wii you are fine, but if you need to download them again, your screwed. Unless I am wrong, which I could be.

Gamefly has used copies of Sonic Origins Plus for $20 and Advance Wars for $40. Bought Sonic (extra content will come on a code) and waiting for Advance Wars to drop lower.

Gamestop is offering a "Buy 1, Get 1" deal on some Switch digital games. It would seem to work even with the current discounts.

https://www.gamestop.com/search/digital/?pmid=29505&prefn1=platform&prefv1=Nintendo%20Switch&view=new&tileView=list

I grabbed two of the Mario sports games for about $21 each, with $6 back in "gold coins"...
Just did the same. Usually I prefer cart versions for Nintendo games, but this price was too good to miss for those.

On Wii I don't think you can connect to the store anymore, so if they are downloaded onto your Wii you are fine, but if you need to download them again, your screwed. Unless I am wrong, which I could be.
You can move the games from the Wii to an SD card and back them up on your PC.

You can also redownload the Wii Ware/VC games off the internet to your PC and copy to the SD card.

I just stumbled across another "free" game -- I assume it's a publisher discount.

Logic Puzzle Collection

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/logic-puzzle-collection-sudoku-permudoku-nonodoku-switch/

Listed as 99 cents, and published by Diplodocus Games... who also released several of the N64-style throwback games (Macbat, Toree, Super Kiwi 64).  I own a few of their titles, so I'm assuming that's why it was free...

I do wish someone made it easier to NOTICE when you were eligible for free stuff.

Just a note that Picross Games are on sale. They usually go on sale only when new games are out, or usually once or twice a year. I'm already caught up on sales and am very close to starting Picross S3. I only do the Mega Picross myself.

Just a note that Picross Games are on sale. They usually go on sale only when new games are out, or usually once or twice a year. I'm already caught up on sales and am very close to starting Picross S3. I only do the Mega Picross myself.
I think I'm still about 60% done with Picross S3. The sale prices should be a touch better... but there is an insane amount of value in each game.

Most of them were 30% off in June 2022, but other than that all the other sales seem to have been at the current 20% off. Whether or not they'll ever get discounted any further again is unknown.

For those considering which ones to get:

Upside of newer releases

With each new release, there are small improvements to the UI and controls.

Downside of newer releases

The subjects of puzzles keep getting more obscure in each release (seemingly to avoid overlap), so there's less and less chance that you'll actually be able to predict what the exact subject of the puzzle is before it's completed.

i.e.:

"It's a dog!"

vs.

"It's a Norwegian Lundehund!"

Personally what I'd really love to see from Jupiter is a modern follow-up to the Picross 3D series.

Zelda TotK is $40 in the Gamefly Preplayed sale atm. Can’t imagine it will ever get much cheaper than that.

Although I currently have it rented from them and with my “25% off Keep” coupon I could get it for $30 with free shipping. Hell of a deal, but I just beat it last weekend and completed my 100th shrine and decided that’ll do for me and I will mail it back soon. Absolutely adored it and played for over 80 hours, but the sky islands are honestly a pain to navigate, and while the depths are initially neat and creepy, it becomes very repetitive and uninteresting after a while. I spent like 80% of my time on the surface, and it’s been so many years since I played BotW on Wii U that it all felt new to me anyway.

Man, that last stage of the final boss battle was the most epic & visually stunning that the Zelda series has ever been.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pokemon Pinball had such a genius gameplay loop. Having to catch/evolve all 151 Pokemon (or 205 in the sequel) gave you a seemingly endless goal to work towards. It was already on WiiU's virtual console thing so it wouldn't be too much work to just port that version.

---

Some Marble It Up! news:

If you already own Marble It Up! on the Switch you get Marble It Up! Ultra for free.

There's a Hidden Gems Pack that you get if you pre-order the game, and MIU Classic owners are eligible for that too. You just have to go to the game's page and click on the pre-order button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p01oGfi8geo

Admittedly, I didn't get very far in the first one, but I think it's really cool of them to give this new game out for free. Zen Studios could learn a thing or two from them :razz:

That game looks like fun and does seem to have a good amount of content, but the price is still a little high for me.

In more personal news, I just lucked out. Been waiting for a good sale on Ring Fit Adventure, and I just saw one at a pawn shop for six dollars. It was game only, but it doesn't look like I'll have to pay too much for the accessories online, particularly for third party ones.

Bunch of Pokemon Mystery Gift codes available now.

For the world championships taking place this weekend, there's a Gastrodon available with code 23WCSGASTR0D0N.  Available until 23:59 UTC (7:59pm Eastern) on the 14th.

Dark Tera type Charizard with code DARKTERA0006 until Aug 31.

Shiny Grimmsnarl with code THA12022CHAMP until Aug 18.

Mew is available with code GETY0URMEW until Sept 18.  Will have the moves Swift, Light Screen and Life Dew.  The Tera type and nature will be random, and the 4th move's type will match the Tera type.  Bulbapedia has the variations below.

Mewtwo will be available in Tera Raid Battles from Aug 31 to Sept 17.

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/get-mew-mewtwo/

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_event_Pok%C3%A9mon_distributions_(Scarlet_and_Violet)

Amazon, Target, Gamestop, and Bestbuy have Overcooked! All You Can Eat - Digital - for $4.99. Once you redeem the code you get $2 back in gold coins. It looks like $15 is the cheapest this has ever been. Great deal.

Overcooked! All You Can Eat contains the first and second games plus all the DLC.

I might have to jump on that. I have it for ps5, but the switch would definitely be better for my kiddos.

Edit- Yeah. Purchased. Went through Target to save .25 because of the cag in me. $2.74 for both is fantastic.

I have the Best Buy Plus membership and can share the B2G1 benfit for Switch games with others. 

-If anyone wants 3 physical games and trusts me to ship to you, I can do that as well (would need all 3 going to 1 address though)

-Digital games need to be purchased in lots of 3 unique products

Available digital codes with this (you should get 300 gold coins with most of these as well)

$23 - River City Girls, Ghost Trick, Dungeon Encounters, ConnecTank, Mega Man 11, Jackbox Party Pack 2, Hello Neighbor Hide & Seek, Mr. Drillerland, Jackbox Party Pack 6, Two Point Campus, Voice of Cards, Legend of Mana, Deemo, Taiko no Tatsujin Thythmic Adv. 1, Worms WMD, Convergence: A league of Legends Story, Aztech Forgotten, Jackbox Party Pack 5, Jackbox Party Pack 7, We Love Katamari Reroll + Royal Reverie, Resident Evil 0, Actraiser Renaissance, Shantae Half Genie Hero Ultimate, Bomber Crew Deluxe, Lost In Random, Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy, The Mageseeker, Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair, Truberbrook, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Expansion Pass, Smash Bros Ultimate Fighters Pass 2

$46 - Mario Wonder (pre-order), Pikmin 3 deluxe, Pikmin 4, New Super Mario Bros Deluxe, Kirby Forgotten Land, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Splatoon 3, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Advance Wars 1+ 2, Smash Brothers, Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe, Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, Bayonetta 3, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario Party Superstars, Mario Tennis, Mario RPG will likely be available if they get a digital sku up while this is going

I have the Best Buy Plus membership and if anyone wants a digital copy of Mario Odyssey, Kart, Bayonetta 3, Fire Emblem Warriors or Skyward Sword for about $32 each I can put in an order and send codes out

Available digital codes with this (you should get 300 gold coins with most of these as well)

$28 - Pokemon Scarlet/Violet Expansion pass (would need 3 people interested in this to get this price)

$32 - Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, Bayonetta 3, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario Party Superstars, Mario Tennis, Metroid Prime Remastered

$40 - Thetarhythm Final Bar Line

$46 - Mario Wonder (pre-order), Pikmin 3 deluxe, Pikmin 4, New Super Mario Bros Deluxe, Kirby Forgotten Land, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Splatoon 3, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Advance Wars 1+ 2, Smash Brothers, Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe, Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury, Mario RPG will likely be available if they get a digital sku up while this is going
I’d be in for advance wars

Somebody posted a Switch deal thread from Monoprice, which is a site I’ve never heard of. Anyone have any experience with it? Trustpilot and BBB don’t have great ratings. What’s really weird is that some sites that seem dedicated to answering that kind of question have them listed with much higher Trustpilot and BBB ratings than they actually have.

Somebody posted a Switch deal thread from Monoprice, which is a site I’ve never heard of. Anyone have any experience with it? Trustpilot and BBB don’t have great ratings. What’s really weird is that some sites that seem dedicated to answering that kind of question have them listed with much higher Trustpilot and BBB ratings than they actually have.
Monoprice is legit.

I have the Best Buy Plus membership and if anyone wants a digital copy of Mario Odyssey, Kart, Bayonetta 3, Fire Emblem Warriors or Skyward Sword for about $32 each I can put in an order and send codes out

$28 - Pokemon Scarlet/Violet Expansion pass (would need 3 people interested in this to get this price)

$32 - Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, Bayonetta 3, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario Party Superstars, Mario Tennis, Metroid Prime Remastered

$46 - Mario Wonder (pre-order), Pikmin 3 deluxe, Pikmin 4, New Super Mario Bros Deluxe, Kirby Forgotten Land, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Splatoon 3, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Advance Wars 1+ 2, Smash Brothers, Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe, Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury, Mario RPG will likely be available if they get a digital sku up while this is going
If this offer is still available, I’m in for Metroid Prime Remastered. Let me know.

They've been around forever. Was the go-to place for cheap cables (USB, HDMI, Ethernet). They've branched out but aren't necessarily as competitive anymore. Still a good site.

I remember buying Monoprice over the ear headphones that everyone swore were amazing after you replace parts and whatever. It was so cheap, although those headphones eventually broke when I dropped them from not that high a height. They were just very cheaply made, and quite uncomfortable without modifications. I have no idea about the website, but wanted to share my Monoprice story.

I haven’t used monoprice in years.  I remember when you wouldn’t get an HDMI cord with your electronics so you’d get one at monoprice since they were decent and pretty cheap.  

Thanks for the offer! :) I would be down for the Pokemon DLC. Is anyone else interested?

You can’t buy 3 copies of the DLC in one order. You are limited to putting 1 in your cart.

Super Smash Bros. is 8 players local, Boomerang Fu is 6 players local, is their any other fun party games you guys are aware of that are 6-8 players on one Switch?

Is this deal still going on??

Super Smash Bros. is 8 players local, Boomerang Fu is 6 players local, is their any other fun party games you guys are aware of that are 6-8 players on one Switch?
I don’t have 6 friends but I’m pretty sure the following are 4+:

Tricky towers
Sports
Watermelon Party
Towerfall

bread's done
Back