Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I have the Best Buy Plus membership and if anyone wants a digital copy of Mario Odyssey, Kart, Bayonetta 3, Fire Emblem Warriors or Skyward Sword for about $32 each I can put in an order and send codes out

Available digital codes with this (you should get 300 gold coins with most of these as well)

$28 - Pokemon Scarlet/Violet Expansion pass (would need 3 people interested in this to get this price)
$32 - Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, Bayonetta 3, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario Party Superstars, Mario Tennis, Metroid Prime Remastered
$40 - Thetarhythm Final Bar Line
$46 - Mario Wonder (pre-order), Pikmin 3 deluxe, Pikmin 4, New Super Mario Bros Deluxe, Kirby Forgotten Land, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Splatoon 3, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Advance Wars 1+ 2, Smash Brothers, Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe, Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury, Mario RPG will likely be available if they get a digital sku up while this is going
OP can I do 3 games? Or? I can coordinate with you as soon as you available before this deal ends. I want Mario Wonder pre-order, Mario Kart and Super Smash bros all digital

Just a reminder that God Wars: The Complete Legend is going to be be delisted from the eShop on 8/30/23 and is currently at its lowest price ever at $3.99:

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/god-wars-the-complete-legend-switch/

Get it before it is gone.
Considering it's already being sold on Steam by the new publisher, it seems pretty likely it will be back on the eShop eventually, just NIS has to drop it now. That said, it's isn't likely to get any cheaper than this. By the Steam listing and reviews it looks really mediocre though.

I thought it was a pretty enjoyable B-tier Final Fantasy Tactics knockoff when I played it on vita years ago. Went ahead and bought it on switch now since it includes the DLC I never played. $4 for this game is a steal if you like SRPGs.

Considering it's already being sold on Steam by the new publisher, it seems pretty likely it will be back on the eShop eventually, just NIS has to drop it now. That said, it's isn't likely to get any cheaper than this. By the Steam listing and reviews it looks really mediocre though.
I own the disc version of the game on PS4. It's not mind-blowing, but it's not terrible either.

Bought Vampire Survivors on the eShop for $4.50. Only 10% off but it’s fun. I’m sure there will be a physical release some day at like $30 but that’s too big of a physical premium for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Best Buy Plus membership and if anyone wants a digital copy of Mario Odyssey, Kart, Bayonetta 3, Fire Emblem Warriors or Skyward Sword for about $32 each I can put in an order and send codes out

Available digital codes with this (you should get 300 gold coins with most of these as well)

$28 - Pokemon Scarlet/Violet Expansion pass (would need 3 people interested in this to get this price)
$32 - Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, Bayonetta 3, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario Party Superstars, Mario Tennis, Metroid Prime Remastered
$40 - Thetarhythm Final Bar Line
$46 - Mario Wonder (pre-order), Pikmin 3 deluxe, Pikmin 4, New Super Mario Bros Deluxe, Kirby Forgotten Land, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Splatoon 3, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Advance Wars 1+ 2, Smash Brothers, Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe, Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury, Mario RPG will likely be available if they get a digital sku up while this is going
If this is still possible I am in for the pokemon violet DLC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this is still possible I am in for the pokemon violet DLC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think you can buy multiple DLC with the same account. I just added it to my cart and it wouldn't let me buy it multiple times. Maybe someone else figured out another way though.

Also, just tried to do 3 expansion passes (Violet/Scarlet, Sword and Shield, and Fire Emblem Engage) and did not get one of them listed as free in my account.

I don't think you can buy multiple DLC with the same account. I just added it to my cart and it wouldn't let me buy it multiple times. Maybe someone else figured out another way though.

Also, just tried to do 3 expansion passes (Violet/Scarlet, Sword and Shield, and Fire Emblem Engage) and did not get one of them listed as free in my account.
Not all DLCs are a part of the promotion. Violet Scarlet work as does Smash fighters pass 2. Others just aren’t included even if you add 2 physical games. As it is you can’t add multiples copies of a dlc into your cart.

Please pm me if you're interested in anything as I get notifications on PMs but not on forum posts.  I updated the original post for the following

-Games must be purchased in lots of 3 unique codes at the same price point

-The sale for Kart/Odyssey/Skyward, etc. is now over so those games are all at the $60 retail price again

-Updated to two price tiers - $30 content and $60 content.

-I tried to find everything that qualified but I can check if you are curious about a certain item

I do have a list of people interested in certain items, so please be patient as I try and get 3 unique items lined up for a purchase.  Might take a few days to get each order organized

Anyone found a charging station that works with the NES Switch online controllers? Considering the one below - thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/Controller-Charging-Nintendo-Switch-Wireless-rechargeable/dp/B0B5RYVHXG/
A cheaper alternative would be one of the universal joycon grip chargers that don't have obstructions.

Like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Switch-Compatible-OLED-Controller-Indicators/dp/B0BB14P88Z

Which one of the reviews mentions they are using it with the nes controllers.

I'm passing on Super Mario Wonder at launch and just waiting.  I'm not as hyped by modern 2d mario as I am 3d mario and classic 2d mario platformers.

My kids will probably nag me about it and even though they are now all over the line of being adults (but in college)... I'll probably cave when there's a sale somewhere.  And I know... "Nintendo games don't go on sale"... but every release so far has been a bit cheaper on gamefly after a month.  Even the last Zelda.  So, might as well wait since this isn't a top priority for me.

Best Buy thing breaks even after the first 3 games. I am not confident that there will be another set of 3 games I would need to have at launch (assuming the deal is still active). For me, the GameFly route makes the most sense as well.

Best Buy thing breaks even after the first 3 games. I am not confident that there will be another set of 3 games I would need to have at launch (assuming the deal is still active). For me, the GameFly route makes the most sense as well.
It’s a good deal if you’re also a lego nut or need 15% off digital currency.

I signed up when they had Zelda totk as the free game glitch. Then it really paid for itself when I got a new vacuum that was an additional $150 off the sale price. Now it’s all gravy.

It’s a good deal if you’re also a lego nut or need 15% off digital currency.

I signed up when they had Zelda totk as the free game glitch. Then it really paid for itself when I got a new vacuum that was an additional $150 off the sale price. Now it’s all gravy.
You also have to watch the member only GC deals. I bought a bunch of Disney ones for my trip when they had them $100 for $90. Bought 10 before I was shut off so that saved me $100.
Recently my kid wanted a microphone for recording music she composes, the one I bought was discounted for members only.

On top of this one of my credit cards offered me 10% back, up to $23 at Best Buy. Bought $230 in BB GCs in store and used them on upcoming games so $60 games are costing me $36 day 1 and $50 ones cost $30.

I'd do that BB deal if I bought a lot of games.  My luck I'd get it and would get the one deal to break even and then they'd remove that offer before I figured out another three games.  So far this year I've bought 5 games (all from bb)... four were on sale (Octopath 2, Bravely Default 2, Tactics Ogre, Harvestella)... total $149.56 ... and were before this BB deal existed.  The other was Zelda Tears of the Kingdom which I preordered and just paid through the nose for but my youngest son opened day one and played through.   I probably won't be preordering too many more games this year.  But that's me right now.  Maybe next year I'll have enough I missed that it'll make the bb deal worth it if it doubles with sale prices.  But for just one or two games... might as well just stick with gamefly for the moment.  Others like DQ Adventures of Dai I'll have to import for a physical copy.

I'll probably do the Best Buy thing at the start of Oct or Nov so that I have it in place for whatever they drop for Black Friday. I assume members of that tier will get some extra benefit for the Black Friday deals and typically Best Buy has some of the better deals.

I'll probably do the Best Buy thing at the start of Oct or Nov so that I have it in place for whatever they drop for Black Friday. I assume members of that tier will get some extra benefit for the Black Friday deals and typically Best Buy has some of the better deals.
I’d say you should start it during Black Friday deals in case they have deals on membership and also to use the same year of membership on next year’s deals as well.

I'm passing on Super Mario Wonder at launch and just waiting. I'm not as hyped by modern 2d mario as I am 3d mario and classic 2d mario platformers.
That's fair, I get what you mean. I'm excited for it and have it pre-ordered, but I'm a little disappointed it's not Odyssey 2. Odyssey is, in my mind, a perfect video game, and I've been foaming at the mouth for a sequel since it came out. Maybe it'll be a Switch 2 launch title (yeah right, it's coming like 2027 to Switch 2). The recent 2D Mario games have been good, but a bit same-y, and that tease of what's possibly to come for the franchise in the Bowser's Fury expansion of SM3DW has me more interested in a game that looks like that over yet another modern 2D.

HOWEVER, Wonder lets you play as Daisy, and she's been my favorite Mario character since the N64 days, so I will be buying it day one lol

I hope the next 3D Mario is apocalyptic themed and maybe Mario turns into a wolf or something, it's time for a mature Mario for mature times

The 3D Mario games are amazing experiences whenever they show up. But modern 2D Marios, along with DKC, Yoshi & Kirby, are some of the best local co-op games around. Mario Wonder looks like it will be too so I am ok with us getting that. The next big 3D Mario game can wait to take advantage of the Switch 2.

I just like how Wonder takes the familiar play mechanics of Super Mario Bros. and turns them on their heads. It reminds me of the first time I played Super Mario Maker on my Wii U, went down a pipe in a re-creation of World 1-1, and the subterranean cache of coins suddenly turned into an underground disco. What's with the flashing lights, man? Should I be getting down and/or funky?

That's fair, I get what you mean. I'm excited for it and have it pre-ordered, but I'm a little disappointed it's not Odyssey 2. Odyssey is, in my mind, a perfect video game, and I've been foaming at the mouth for a sequel since it came out. Maybe it'll be a Switch 2 launch title (yeah right, it's coming like 2027 to Switch 2). The recent 2D Mario games have been good, but a bit same-y, and that tease of what's possibly to come for the franchise in the Bowser's Fury expansion of SM3DW has me more interested in a game that looks like that over yet another modern 2D.

HOWEVER, Wonder lets you play as Daisy, and she's been my favorite Mario character since the N64 days, so I will be buying it day one lol
Wonder seems to be another "New Super Mario Bros" game more than a new 2D mario platformer ala Super Mario World. Not that it's a bad thing for those that love the more multiplayer focused platforming. I've mostly just found those games not that "fun" and a bit to loosely designed to accommodate multiplayer. I did finish New Super Mario Bros U solo but completely threw in the towel on New Luigi U. There were just some parts that not only seemed unfairly designed (in both versions, even though NSMBU was generally easy otherwise) but also I hate timer based challenges as it kills exploration and any sense of relaxing with a game. Hopefully Wonder is a big improvement on overall level design and sense of exploration and they tighten things up... but I can wait... even with Daisy playable. I'll probably watch the direct for it anyway. Maybe it'll do something surprising that will change my mind.

Mario OLED kinda lame. Only intriguing aspect is the Switch console being partially red.

How did we never get a Mario Bros Switch? Red and green joycon, dock is either a question block or brick design, etc.

Anyone have any experience or recommendations for a second switch dock? The Nintendo ones are damn ridiculous in price, but the third party ones I've looked at have had some reviewers claiming they've bricked their consoles? Thanks!

Anyone have any experience or recommendations for a second switch dock? The Nintendo ones are damn ridiculous in price, but the third party ones I've looked at have had some reviewers claiming they've bricked their consoles? Thanks!
I have not used it, but heard good things about this one

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfish-tv-dock-kit-for-nintendo-switch-switch-oled-black/6405324.p?skuId=6405324

Nintendo store also sells refurbished official docks for $50 for the newer version and $40 for the original version.

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/dock-oled-model-white-refurbished-118152/

I use the GENKI Covert Dock for travel: https://www.amazon.com/Human-Things-compatible-Nintendo-Portable/dp/B08BRHGFCK/

They made a mini version of it as well if interested: https://www.amazon.com/GENKI-Covert-Dock-Mini-Minimalist/dp/B0BGT41L54/

As for a full size normal dock, I honestly don't know as I had bought a second switch (OLED model upgrade from the release model) and ended up using the release model's dock as a backup.

I've got one of the Insignia brand ones from BB that I believe are now sold under the Rocket Fish brand. It works well.

But I was super f'ing lucky a month or so ago and was in the thrift store my oldest son works at and there was a dock in a bag on the wall with other random electronics for $5. It was wrapped in the foam packaging the dock comes in straight out of the box... and a still plastic bagged single joycon l/r button thing was in there. Felt like I won the thrift store lottery... especially since my son was working so I got his employee discount. :D/

I use and mofify 3rd party docks. One key issue is to use the official power adapter. The other thing to look out for is that some older 3rd party docks are not compatible with the oleds.

The new update adds three new maps and gyro support for Switch:

https://twitter.com/PowerWashSim/status/1696894556841640414

bread's done
Back