Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/PowerWashSim/status/1697595255749583126

"The Back to the Future Special Pack is coming to PowerWash Simulator. Retailing at $7.99/€7.99/£6.49, the high-voltage expansion will be available later this year on Steam, Windows, Xbox One, Xbox X|S, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5.

In the new Back to the Future Special Pack, players will have the opportunity to travel back in time to hose down iconic movie sets and props inspired by the Back to the Future franchise from Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment, including Doc Brown’s van, the Time Machine, Hill Valley Clocktower, the Holomax Theatre and Doc’s Time Train. Plus, there are ten new achievements to collect in-game."

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I've been eyeballing the rocketfish one at Best Buy. So, for 3rd party ones the recommendation is to use an official Nintendo AC adapter?

I wish Nintendo offered refunds on digital purchases. The text size for the Diablo games on Switch in handheld mode (especially in II) is ridiculously small.

I wish Nintendo offered refunds on digital purchases. The text size for the Diablo games on Switch in handheld mode (especially in II) is ridiculously small.
Home -> System Settings -> System -> Zoom

If you haven't turn that on. Then when you see something too small, double click the home button and you enter zoom mode and can look at the finer detail (X/Y to zoom or pinch and zoom on screen). Which is great for text that is legit too small and eyes (like mine) that are too old for small text. This is also nice for looking at other details in games so even with good eyes it's worth enabling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the Smash Bros season passes ever go on sale? Or (guessing not but..) you guys think there's a chance they release a version of Smash with all the DLC on cart? 

Do the Smash Bros season passes ever go on sale? Or (guessing not but..) you guys think there's a chance they release a version of Smash with all the DLC on cart?
Don’t think they have gone on sale. Best you can do is get a discounted eshop card to pay for it.

I truly doubt they’ll be a release with DLC on it. Pokémon Sword/shield was the only game that got that treatment in the US and I don’t think it sold great. BOTW in the US didn’t get a version with DLC like Japan did. The 2 DLCs are $55 together, there’s no way a complete version would fly with consumers with a $115 price tag and no way Nintendo would sell it for $60.

Target once had Switch DLC codes on sale. I grabbed Fighters Pass 1 for $5 off then. Never seen them on sale again or since Fighters Pass Vol 2 launched. :(

Target Will have an Isabelle Animal Crossing Switch lite (pink) with a digital copy of the game and Walmart will have Timmy and Tommy (blue).

$199.99

Doubt they will have selects.  I think the most they want to discount is via the vouchers and even then you have to have an online sub to get it.  

What an odd assortment of games to add to the NSO  :shock:  Where are they good titles everyone wants? They decide to drip feed them even slower now?

Next they will pull a Sony and raise NSO prices. For these type of releases, no thanks.

OMG QUEST FOR CAMELOT :lol:

You know how everyone has that one game they played as a kid that was so bad, it made them realize that bad games do exist? Like, the first truly bad game they ever played? This was mine. I had never even seen the movie and I come home from school one day to find my mom bought it for me as a surprise (it must have been on clearance or something). I played it right away and died again and again and again thanks to janky controls, overpowered enemies, and mazelike levels. It's such a Zelda ripoff, it's not even funny, but it does nothing nearly as well as Zelda games do. Why the hell would Nintendo waste a slot with this game, I can't even. I hung onto that game for so long for the laughs it'd give me when I'd look at it, but I finally sold it last year. Well, now I can play it on my Switch! Joy!

This game is my Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (AVGN reference lol). Is it as bad as I claim it is? Not really, it's an exceptionally mediocre Zelda clone. But, it scarred me as a child, and that's all that matters.

Jesus man. You always so negative?
Only with releases like that. I doubt very many people are thrilled with those titles.

I will give Nintendo kudos and credit as well when they nail it. Example the surprise Oracle of Ages & Seasons drop.

You know how everyone has that one game they played as a kid that was so bad, it made them realize that bad games do exist? Like, the first truly bad game they ever played? This was mine. I had never even seen the movie and I come home from school one day to find my mom bought it for me as a surprise (it must have been on clearance or something). I played it right away and died again and again and again thanks to janky controls, overpowered enemies, and mazelike levels. It's such a Zelda ripoff, it's not even funny, but it does nothing nearly as well as Zelda games do. Why the hell would Nintendo waste a slot with this game, I can't even. I hung onto that game for so long for the laughs it'd give me when I'd look at it, but I finally sold it last year. Well, now I can play it on my Switch! Joy!

This game is my Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (AVGN reference lol). Is it as bad as I claim it is? Not really, it's an exceptionally mediocre Zelda clone. But, it scarred me as a child, and that's all that matters.
Ok you convinced me, I’ll play it. Love me some janky, long-forgotten bad games. They’re good for a couple hours of entertainment at least, which is more than I can say for the “good” GB games. I loved my game boy back in the day, but those games just did not age well. But the bad ones are often at least so-bad-it’s-good time capsules.

Ok you convinced me, I’ll play it. Love me some janky, long-forgotten bad games. They’re good for a couple hours of entertainment at least, which is more than I can say for the “good” GB games. I loved my game boy back in the day, but those games just did not age well. But the bad ones are often at least so-bad-it’s-good time capsules.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

But seriously, go for it. I've heard people actually...liked it back in the day *shudders* so it'll be entertaining, I'm sure.

I actually just played Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 on my Gameboy Player a few weeks ago and man does that game hold up. There are a handful of timeless Gameboy/Color classics, but you're right that a lot of them have aged poorly. It's like the NES: for every Super Mario Bros. 3/Legend of Zelda/Castlevania/Contra, you have dozens of bargain bin, LJN-style trash worth less than the plastic they're encased in.

I mean I’ve never played Kirby’s Star Stacker on SNES, but the Game Boy version is probably one of my favorite block clearing games; and Nekketsu Field Day is great.

Not “pay a subscription fee to rent it” great, but then nothing is.

Yeah, kind of surprised to see any negativity towards Kirby's Star Stacker.  Pretty much all of the Kirby games from the 8 & 16 bit days are solid fun.

That River City on foot racing game looks interesting.

I mainly just emulate classics elsewhere that I want to play, but it's nice that there is some variety being released in these drops.  I would probably not waste my time with Quest for Camelot ... but having it built in without having to do anything but update the app, I might give it a few minutes to see if it's something I would play through.  Plus save states do help turn an overly difficult classic into something manageable.

Wow, I really thought we would get DLC forTOTK. Not that it needed it as the game itself was a great experience. Figured it would be instant sales for it from the Zelda community including myself.

We still have two TOTK amiibo’s coming so always a chance to be surprised.

Wow, I really thought we would get DLC forTOTK. Not that it needed it as the game itself was a great experience. Figured it would be instant sales for it from the Zelda community including myself.

We still have two TOTK amiibo’s coming so always a chance to be surprised.
Wouldn't be at all surprised if the focus for the development teams involved was on a Zelda game for an upcoming Switch successor.

You know how everyone has that one game they played as a kid that was so bad, it made them realize that bad games do exist? Like, the first truly bad game they ever played? This was mine. I had never even seen the movie and I come home from school one day to find my mom bought it for me as a surprise (it must have been on clearance or something). I played it right away and died again and again and again thanks to janky controls, overpowered enemies, and mazelike levels. It's such a Zelda ripoff, it's not even funny, but it does nothing nearly as well as Zelda games do. Why the hell would Nintendo waste a slot with this game, I can't even. I hung onto that game for so long for the laughs it'd give me when I'd look at it, but I finally sold it last year. Well, now I can play it on my Switch! Joy!

LOL. Mine's JAWS on NES. My parents loved that movie. I do too now, but there's no way I asked for that NES game yet I got it randomly. Doubt we'll ever find JAWS on NSO.

LOL. Mine's JAWS on NES. My parents loved that movie. I do too now, but there's no way I asked for that NES game yet I got it randomly. Doubt we'll ever find JAWS on NSO.
Never say never. We got Quest for Freaking Camelot, after all.

I'm surprised they're not planning TotK DLC, considering BotW had an expansion, but after the recent FFXVI DLC announcement, I'm happy to hear about a developer that would rather focus on the next entry over trying to sell more content for a so-called "complete" game to their customers. Unlike FFXVI, there isn't anything in TotK that feels blatantly cut to be sold later. Plus, I didn't enjoy the story in TotK nearly as much as I did for BotW (and that's saying a lot, since the BotW story was nothing to write home about), so I really don't need more of that.

Later in that interview with Aonuma and director Fujibayashi, Fujibayashi states that he, Aonuma, and the TotK dev team don't see TotK as a "hurdle" they need to jump over, like it's something impossible to surpass, and they want to top this game and deliver an even better Zelda game next. They see it as a good challenge, basically, and are looking forward to meeting it. Now that's how game developers are supposed to act. Never stop trying to excel. Take notes EA, Dice, Bioware, Ubisoft, Activision Blizzard, Square Enix, Bethesda, 343 Industries, Creative Assembly, Frontier Developments...

I am glad there is no DLC. I have too many other games to play to go back to something I have beaten already lol

I'm glad TOTK has no DLC, with how often they put the Smash Bros. character packs on sale, Nintendo sucks at doing sales on any DLC ever.

I am also glad there is no DLC for TOTK. One of my criticisms of the game is that it's just too big. There is no need for DLC.

IGN has now picked up the switch 2 rumor story. Seems like it definitely happened.

Switch 2 sounds dumb Nintendo should just go all out on mimicking the console naming failures of Nintendos and Microsofts past

Switch Mii Baby 1 More U

Switch 2 is fine... but as long as the new one lets us use our cartridges and digital games from the current Switch... I'm interested.

Switch 2 sounds dumb Nintendo should just go all out on mimicking the console naming failures of Nintendos and Microsofts past

Switch Mii Baby 1 More U
You forgot the other dumb ones... 360, One, X, New .

So New Super Nintendo Switch 360 X U

Switch 2 is fine... but as long as the new one lets us use our cartridges and digital games from the current Switch... I'm interested.

You forgot the other dumb ones... 360, One, X, New .

So New Super Nintendo Switch 360 X U
Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

Mario Ambassador is the job you give Martinet so he doesn't get hired by a competitor to do Mario's voice elsewhere. Also, if Chris Pratt is the voice in Mario Wonder, I'll be cancelling my pre-order. (That second sentence is a joke.)

bread's done
Back