Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
Easy to say when those games have such a dismal chance of being remade or revived
If Baten Kaitos can get a remaster, than those games definitely could too. Especially FE Path of Radiance & Radiant Dawn. FE is more popular now than it has ever been before and Ike is a fan favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both times it wasn't exclusive and released on the previous console as well. They were late development titles in the systems life so they released on both to cover their bases. The previous console version usually gets pushed back after the new console versions release to make matters worse. it's easy to forget most people prefer gc twilight princess because of the janky controls and being mirrored on the wii.
Wii version is superior precisely because of the controls, though. Twilight Princess was a pretty good early showcase of the Wii’s motion control premise—sure, it might not match traditional controls for precision, but it was a heck of a lot more fun.

I feel like they are releasing too many Mario games at once. I know they are trying to cash in on the movie success, but releasing Wonder and RPG a month apart and then the TTYD remake presumably early next year is a lot of Mario.

And the underwhelming Mario Wonder bonuses continue.  In next week’s Target ad they revealed their bonus: a shadow box.  Looks like just the game cover in a frame.  

I'm still just holding out for a used copy at Gamefly for Mario Wonder.  I don't care about cards and other trinkets.

Side note: Advance Wars 1&2 and Zelda TotK are down to $39.99 on gamefly for used copies.  I posted links to the japanese niche thread along with a 5% code.

I feel like they are releasing too many Mario games at once. I know they are trying to cash in on the movie success, but releasing Wonder and RPG a month apart and then the TTYD remake presumably early next year is a lot of Mario.
Also Mario vs Donkey Kong early next year.

But can you really ever have too much Mario?

That release is a joke and likely will sell as well as that one FMV construction worker game they released. I'm glad I'm off the LRG train, but this is a very low low.

What makes it the definitive edition? Do the cutscenes actually move now?
I think we can be somewhat confident it won't be released again, hell it was questionable whether Limited Run Games would even pull through because the idea is so stupid and they seemed to drag their feet on info about it, it's the novelty of a company that prints small amounts of niche games as a novelty. The rise in companies calling their shit definitive editions as a marketing thing is pretty funny though because nerds online will absolutely find some way to argue that the best and only way to play is like the third reprint of the disc on original hardware because it has a cool bug that makes the game more fun or better to speedrun or whatever asinine nonsense is the issue.

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/09/picross-s-announced-for-switch

Picross S+ was announced for next year for $4.99:

The latest in the Picross S series, in which problems from the Picross e series can be played!

Picross S+ allows users to play puzzle problems from the nine titles in the Picross e series, which have been downloaded a total of 680,000 times as Nintendo 3DS download-only software, using the Picross S system. Basic software containing problems from the original Picross e, with problems from Picross e2 through e9 available for download as additional paid downloadable content for [$4.99 / £3.99 / €4.99 each].

Yeah I wish games would utilize touch screen on the switch and it was properly optimized for that. As is the switch is their portable system in name only. It's hardly portable due to size and most games don't run as well in portable mode.

Stuff like puzzle games and rhythm work far better with touch screen support.

I figured this would be a good place to ask this:

What would be the cheapest way to get some sort of an extra dock for the switch so I could switch between TVs without having to switch cords? Preferably it would charge the switch as well.

I figured this would be a good place to ask this:

What would be the cheapest way to get some sort of an extra dock for the switch so I could switch between TVs without having to switch cords? Preferably it would charge the switch as well.
Probably this replacement dock for $50
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfish-tv-dock-kit-for-nintendo-switch-switch-oled-black/6405324.p?skuId=6405324

Could go with the genki dock that’s $60 or from Nintendo: refurbished dock + refurbished adapter = $60

Thank you! I’m gonna order that one from Best Buy. Comes with the wall plug which is great too. I know I have a spare HDMI laying around so I won’t need one of those.

The rocketfish dock replaced the insignia dock that BB used to stock (both are BB's own brand of electronics).  I have the Insignia one and grabbed it as they were clearancing them out.  IMO it is superior just because the charger is USB-C and can be used on the switch without the dock and it included an hdmi cable.  But that rocketfish one is pretty much the same otherwise and it's not like there are a lot of other options.  My guess is they realized they could omit the HDMI cable and drop down to a more common power supply brick and save some over the USB-C charger.

In case anyone was interested and didn't know, Tears of the Kingdom is $40 used right now at Gamefly. Used games almost always come complete and in good shape. You can use code GAMEFLY05 for an extra 5% off, and Rakuten is doing 5% back.

Best Buy is giving out a Super Mario Wonder Art Print with their copies of the game.  

Just got an email notifying me they'll be adding it to my order.  

Best Buy is giving out a Super Mario Wonder Art Print with their copies of the game.

Just got an email notifying me they'll be adding it to my order.
The Walmart cards are so much better. Does Amazon even have preorder bonuses anymore?

Switching topics: I had no idea Sports Story came out last Dec. has anyone played it?

Sports Story is pretty bad.  It was a buggy mess on release and while they patched some things, I have no idea if they managed to fix everything that was wrong with it.  

Sports Story is pretty bad. It was a buggy mess on release and while they patched some things, I have no idea if they managed to fix everything that was wrong with it.
Damned shame.

But it's like a metaphor for the eShop; started as an indie darling then turned into a trash pile. Golf Story, while buggy, surely got its praise due to being a rough diamond in a very small, even rougher pile.

Nowadays, gold story would be lost in the noise.

Any thoughts on the CRKD Nitro Deck?

https://youtu.be/y3SBhxbMnUg?si=VRycdMduhFh929bN

https://youtu.be/sbp1WK0k9V0?si=tOy1InzYR_uXfkIR

https://youtu.be/hRY00l7z8bY?si=mvf3I-6Mw1WKp48Y

I took the plunge on the mint gamecube version: https://crkd.gg/products/retro-mint-limited-edition-with-carry-case

I own the Satisfye grip and the Hori Split Pad Pro (original one) but hate using the Joycons and don't like some of the compromises with the Split Pad Pro (gyro). I am hoping I can use this thing with the included case as a means for playing my Switch more in Handheld. It has Hall Effect Joysticks so no stick drift hopefully.

I for one rarely use the Split Pad Pro myself (The Pac-Man version if curious) as I felt the sticks were a little too spongey. I've gone back to using joy cons myself. Let us know how that expensive accessory is. I would likely only pay about $40 for it, but if it works well, I'd think about it.

I am tempted but I just ordered the new Nyxi Hyperion Pro Meteor Light.

Any thoughts on the CRKD Nitro Deck?

https://youtu.be/y3SBhxbMnUg?si=VRycdMduhFh929bN

https://youtu.be/sbp1WK0k9V0?si=tOy1InzYR_uXfkIR

https://youtu.be/hRY00l7z8bY?si=mvf3I-6Mw1WKp48Y

I took the plunge on the mint gamecube version: https://crkd.gg/products/retro-mint-limited-edition-with-carry-case

I own the Satisfye grip and the Hori Split Pad Pro (original one) but hate using the Joycons and don't like some of the compromises with the Split Pad Pro (gyro). I am hoping I can use this thing with the included case as a means for playing my Switch more in Handheld. It has Hall Effect Joysticks so no stick drift hopefully.

Just wanted to update, I ordered the rocketfish switch dock and got it yesterday. Works as intended and I was satisfied with the price. Thanks for the suggestion!

I for one rarely use the Split Pad Pro myself (The Pac-Man version if curious) as I felt the sticks were a little too spongey. I've gone back to using joy cons myself. Let us know how that expensive accessory is. I would likely only pay about $40 for it, but if it works well, I'd think about it.
I have the split pad pro but not the Pacman one. I think it works well enough but I don't play fighting games anymore or precision stuff.

I hope everyone is playing a lot of F-Zero 99 lately so Nintendo sees how much pent-up demand there is for the series’ return. It helps that it’s such an amazing reimagining of the original game. Love it, GotY contender for me, since I like arcade racers so much and pickings are slim lately aside from a nice little kart racing renaissance these days.

Stuff like this is why I’m such a mark for Nintendo tbh. Yeah, people say this online freebie is the least Nintendo could do with F-Zero, but it actually isn’t. The absolute least Nintendo could do is ignore the series forever, and they’d be pretty justified. Each F-Zero game sold less than the last until it became one of Nintendo’s worst performing IPs. They already got Mario Kart as their big racing series, and challenging futuristic racers are a niche segment of the genre anyway. No one would blame them if F-Zero went the way of Ice Climbers or Murasame Castle. But instead we got this little gem of a battle royale game.

Microsoft would never do anything with Banjo-Kazooie or Conker or Viva Pinata. Stuff like Legend of Dragoon & Parappa & Wipeout are dead unless Sony can somehow turn them into pretentious, mopey, open-world awards bait. Capcom, Konami and Square Enix are sitting on graveyards of beloved series that only occasionally come back as mobile game abominations or cringe zombie reboots. But at least Nintendo releases something like F-Zero 99 every now and then.

I hope everyone is playing a lot of F-Zero 99 lately so Nintendo sees how much pent-up demand there is for the series’ return. It helps that it’s such an amazing reimagining of the original game. Love it, GotY contender for me, since I like arcade racers so much and pickings are slim lately aside from a nice little kart racing renaissance these days.

Stuff like this is why I’m such a mark for Nintendo tbh. Yeah, people say this online freebie is the least Nintendo could do with F-Zero, but it actually isn’t. The absolute least Nintendo could do is ignore the series forever, and they’d be pretty justified. Each F-Zero game sold less than the last until it became one of Nintendo’s worst performing IPs. They already got Mario Kart as their big racing series, and challenging futuristic racers are a niche segment of the genre anyway. No one would blame them if F-Zero went the way of Ice Climbers or Murasame Castle. But instead we got this little gem of a battle royale game.

Microsoft would never do anything with Banjo-Kazooie or Conker or Viva Pinata. Stuff like Legend of Dragoon & Parappa & Wipeout are dead unless Sony can somehow turn them into pretentious, mopey, open-world awards bait. Capcom, Konami and Square Enix are sitting on graveyards of beloved series that only occasionally come back as mobile game abominations or cringe zombie reboots. But at least Nintendo releases something like F-Zero 99 every now and then.
I got bored and deleted after an hour. Nintendo likes the battle Royale fad. I can see why fans of the genre can have fun with it. I just don't like online only games. I would take an F-Zero GX port over FZ99 any day. The single player modes and track variety are still very fun today. I'm not a mark so FZ99 just doesn't do much for me.

Tetris 99 is my most-played Switch game at 235 hours. PacMan 99 wasn’t it for me.
F-Zero is okay.

I am disappointed there is no offline mode in F-Zero. I would like the option to play against CPU, practice, and continue playing those modes when the game gets inevitably removed.

bread's done
Back