Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I got bored and deleted after an hour. Nintendo likes the battle Royale fad. I can see why fans of the genre can have fun with it. I just don't like online only games. I would take an F-Zero GX port over FZ99 any day. The single player modes and track variety are still very fun today. I'm not a mark so FZ99 just doesn't do much for me.
Fair enough, but that GX port ain’t coming unless F-Zero 99 gets a lot of engagement. The last retail F-Zero game that got an international release only managed to sell around 160,000 units which is why the series has been dead for 20 years.

Tetris 99 is my most-played Switch game at 235 hours. PacMan 99 wasn’t it for me.
F-Zero is okay.

I am disappointed there is no offline mode in F-Zero. I would like the option to play against CPU, practice, and continue playing those modes when the game gets inevitably removed.
There was a recent data mine of the game that seems to indicate a single-player arcade mode is coming actually. I guess the original game is always available on the SNES app too. I kind of just like how they grafted this ancient game into a battle royale format while also adding enough in to modernize it. Really hope they keep doing this, maybe try the original Mario Kart next.

Fair enough, but that GX port ain’t coming unless F-Zero 99 gets a lot of engagement. The last retail F-Zero game that got an international release only managed to sell around 160,000 units which is why the series has been dead for 20 years.
That was GP legends right? The GBA game based off a show no one watched. I also skipped that one at the time it released. I did recently try it on my miyoo mini, but after GX going back to the old style is rough. GX is about tight controls and takes skill. I still have my GC hooked up so I can play GX whenever, but with Prime and TTYD getting re released one could hope. If not oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've heard that "they won't make more unless you buy the original!" crap before. I bought the American localization of Game Center CX, twice, and still no localized sequel! What a load of bunk.

Canceled my Mario RPG Pre-order. I really need to clear out my backlog. Going to start by finishing up Astral Chain.
I feel this. I've been trying to limit my new game purchases for the rest of the year since my backlog is out of control and money is tight. I'll still pre-order any special editions I fear will sell out, but I need to be very choosy with games that don't have special editions I really want. Spider-Man 2 and Mario Wonder are musts, but I think I can wait on the rest of the games coming out from now until February (which is freaking stacked with personal must-plays). As much as I want to play Star Ocean 2, I need to play the first game first. Mario RPG isn't a game a grew up with, like lots of other people, so that can wait, too. The former won't take long to go on a decent sale I think and the latter will most likely pop up on Gamefly sometime next year.

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this but does anyone know what happens if an order from Best Buy is about to ship but your credit card is closed out? Do you get an email about updating your payment method or is your order just canceled?

I bought the Best Buy membership to get in on the b2g1 orders and made some for the holiday games, but my credit card got hacked and I had to replace it. Unfortunately, you can’t update your payment method online and the CS rep I talked to over the phone said the system wouldn’t allow them to do it.

Normally, I would just cancel and re-order but it looks like I’ll end up paying full price for the games that already shipped and I get this “We’re unable to return the promotional offer you applied to this order so it won’t be eligible to use on future orders” message…which does not sound good.

My son and I are having fun with F-Zero 99. We can be in the same races when we press the button at the same time.

Will see in time how much we play it vs Tetris99 which needs a TOTK background / wallpaper event.

That was GP legends right? The GBA game based off a show no one watched. I also skipped that one at the time it released.
I skipped that because i hated the rubberband AI in Maximum Velocity. It sucked all the fun out if. I ended up trading MV with another guy I met on some forums for his Super Mario Advance. IMO a great trade. GX was more fun but like most racing games still has some rubberbanding going on which ends up wearing out it's welcome with me. I haven't tried 99 yet, but I'm not big on the massive multiplayer type stuff like that... but at least it's against people and not cheating ai.

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this but does anyone know what happens if an order from Best Buy is about to ship but your credit card is closed out? Do you get an email about updating your payment method or is your order just canceled?
I don't have an answer... but if you haven't already, I'd go ahead and log into BB and update the CC info. It's possible they'll charge the CC on file.

Canceled my Mario RPG Pre-order. I really need to clear out my backlog. Going to start by finishing up Astral Chain.
Definitely a good idea. Though devils advocate smrpglotss is short. like paper Mario and ttyd and is extremely short compared to most rpgs. I'd estimate that it can be beaten in around 17-30 hours for the original. So it wouldn't necessarily add much to the ominous backlog that is going to doom us all.

But I am absolutely terrible at budgeting time to play games and procrastinating while doing so

I only paid $42 on Amazon with a Discover card promo so I will not cancel my preorder. Gotta build up a good solid backlog before I leave this world.

Super Mario RPG is really awesome and I like the BREVITY it has that some RPGs just don't reach nowadays. I played it a lot of times when I was younger and can't wait for that remake along with the Star Ocean 2 one. Will be my only likely November physicals, but sounds like a nice pair. 

I only paid $42 on Amazon with a Discover card promo so I will not cancel my preorder. Gotta build up a good solid backlog before I leave this world.
Yeah I got Pikmin 4 and Super Mario Bros. Wonder on one of thsoe buy 1 get 1 amazon credit card promos, so for $30 each. I'm for sure keeping that $30 preorder of Wonder, haha. I need another buy 1 get 1 for Mario RPG and Thousand Year Door

If you have SNES Classic, Super Mario RPG is included in the default games it comes with.  The original is still well worth playing as is.

I don't have an answer... but if you haven't already, I'd go ahead and log into BB and update the CC info. It's possible they'll charge the CC on file.
Unfortunately, you can’t change the CC info online for an order. I guess I’ll find out what happens when Mario Wonder is about to ship.

Yeah I got Pikmin 4 and Super Mario Bros. Wonder on one of thsoe buy 1 get 1 amazon credit card promos, so for $30 each. I'm for sure keeping that $30 preorder of Wonder, haha. I need another buy 1 get 1 for Mario RPG and Thousand Year Door
Wish I'd get a promo like that, all I ever get is like "$5 cash back on Amazon Music" offers.

Unfortunately, you can’t change the CC info online for an order. I guess I’ll find out what happens when Mario Wonder is about to ship.
Chances are, if your online default payment has been changed to something current, they'll try to charge it when the other one fails.

Tetris 99 is my most-played Switch game at 235 hours. PacMan 99 wasn’t it for me.
F-Zero is okay.

I am disappointed there is no offline mode in F-Zero. I would like the option to play against CPU, practice, and continue playing those modes when the game gets inevitably removed.
I play tetris 99 almost daily. Super Mario 35 was great and I really miss it and Nintendo made a dumb move by taking it down instead of keeping updating it. F-Zero as you stated is just ok. Nintendo must plan a big new F-Zero to try to use this to garner up some sales from newer gen folks who never got into it.

Speaking of Best Buy...

In December of 2019, I placed one of my last "gamer club" orders with them... and put in a preorder for Metroid Prime 4, for $48.  It was a fully paid preorder...

The preorder is still listed in my online account.

Speaking of Best Buy...

In December of 2019, I placed one of my last "gamer club" orders with them... and put in a preorder for Metroid Prime 4, for $48. It was a fully paid preorder...

Sounds like you just found $48 if you ever need it.

I've been playing through the Sea of Stars demo.  It's really quite a fun game, can't wait until the full version comes out.

Speaking of Best Buy...

In December of 2019, I placed one of my last "gamer club" orders with them... and put in a preorder for Metroid Prime 4, for $48. It was a fully paid preorder...

Going to be wild when we find out the game has moved exclusively to Switch 2. :razz:

I wouldn't be surprised by it if Metroid was a launch window release at this point; its been so long Limited Run is taking notes. I still have my GCU preorder from 2018 kicking about.

Woot lowered the prices for Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes to $19.99 and Fire Emblem: Engage to $31.99. And Nintendo is releasing ,in Japan, a *mostly complete version of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with 5 out of the 6 DLC waves on cart.
Mostly complete that is annoying it would be nice if dlc and patches could be written back to the cart.

And Nintendo is releasing ,in Japan, a *mostly complete version of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with 5 out of the 6 DLC waves on cart.
giphy.gif

Just...just wait the little while longer for the final DLC pack to release.

Oh, who am I kidding? They'll re-release Mario Kart 8 again next year with the complete package on the cart.

Going to be wild when we find out the game has moved exclusively to Switch 2. :razz:
It’ll probably be a dual release like Zelda BotW was or it’ll unlock higher res content or something when played on Switch 2 (if we get BC). It would be shortsighted of them to just move it to the next system.

In case people didn't look at the QVC thread, Zelda TotK is $63 with free shipping on QVC with a $30 off coupon for new customers. Not likely to see it for that price until holiday 2024 I'd imagine.

Gave Fzero 99 some time this weekend. Overall, it's kind of interesting but also not my thing at all. It's a grind for the sake of a grind to unlock skins and practice tracks. I can see the hook, but there's no real incentive IMO. But I will say it was nice playing some FZero without the rubberband ai (outside of the tutorial levels you are forced through before being able to play).

In case people didn't look at the QVC thread, Zelda TotK is $63 with free shipping on QVC with a $30 off coupon for new customers. Not likely to see it for that price until holiday 2024 I'd imagine.
I looked, out of curiosity, when the thread was posted. One of the catches I read was that you are required to do a multi-payment plan to get the deal.

Even if the end result is a couple bucks more, I'd go with the $39.99 used copy on Gamefly (if I didn't already own it)

https://www.gamefly.com/game/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom/5021895

I looked, out of curiosity, when the thread was posted. One of the catches I read was that you are required to do a multi-payment plan to get the deal.

Even if the end result is a couple bucks more, I'd go with the $39.99 used copy on Gamefly (if I didn't already own it)

https://www.gamefly.com/game/the-legend-of-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom/5021895
I just checked and there's no requirement to use the multipayment plan, the coupon applies just fine on a single payment. That said, the multipayment isn't a huge deal either, it's three payments and no fees, so there's really not any downside other than it being weird. $33 for new vs $40 for used I'd definitely go for QVC if I hadn't bought the Gamefly one last week. The big downside on the QVC coupon before this Zelda special came up (which wasn't there the first day this was posted) is all the per-item shipping fees.

I hate the normalization of split payment plans, there's fantastic history that tells us that's both a bad indicator of overall economic situations and can devolve into something pretty predatory real fast. So I say it's worth $40 outright versus trying to remember a game you bought four months ago.

Most folks aren't anal retentive on tracking their spending as I am (been tracking to the cent since 2010~).

A better deal from a better site will pop up. Costco has had some deep discounts, for one.

I hate the normalization of split payment plans, there's fantastic history that tells us that's both a bad indicator of overall economic situations and can devolve into something pretty predatory real fast. So I say it's worth $40 outright versus trying to remember a game you bought four months ago.

Most folks aren't anal retentive on tracking their spending as I am (been tracking to the cent since 2010~).

A better deal from a better site will pop up. Costco has had some deep discounts, for one.
You're certainly correct about your general analysis of split payment plans but considering some of the hoops people jump through on this site to save a few dollars, saving almost ten dollars and getting new versus used is hardly trivial. Plus as I said, it doesn't actually require the split payment, that was just hearsay that I verified as incorrect. And let's not kid ourselves, there are no "good" companies out there for you to get video game deals from, split payments are everywhere (most with fees), and places like Costco require memberships most of us don't have. Say what you want about QVC as a business, but they have been around almost four decades so they're hardly a fly by night operation. There will always be better deals later but for a four month old first party Nintendo game more than half off is about as good as it gets.

I'm pretty much right there with you. I track everything, so a reoccuring payment vs a one time payment... I'll go with the one time. Like getting Peacock for $20 for a whole year versus Hulu for $1.99 on thanksgiving week plus $2.99 for the disney+ add on... I really loath that $4.98 charge... I'd rather just have one payment for the year and be done. The data entry savings would be nice. Though I have all reoccuring payments and general bills scheduled so it's not a huge deal to add them into my ancient version of quicken as it's a couple clicks and done.

Definitely was not forced into the multi payment plan either, was a single payment of $35
When I tried, it was automatically set to split payments. I made the purchase without realizing because it said I owed $40.

I tried to fix it and that removed the discounts. I cancelled as I wasn't going to pay full price.

Now I can't use the coupons.

So, that's what happened to me.

They know exactly what they're doing and no one should be on QVC's side about it. Saving $10 in this scenario is just cutting the nose to spite the face.

bread's done
Back