Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
When I tried, it was automatically set to split payments. I made the purchase without realizing because it said I owed $40.

I tried to fix it and that removed the discounts. I cancelled as I wasn't going to pay full price.

Now I can't use the coupons.

So, that's what happened to me.

They know exactly what they're doing and no one should be on QVC's side about it. Saving $10 in this scenario is just cutting the nose to spite the face.
Their site is set up poorly and designed to encourage multi-payments, but saving $10 is literally the entire reason CAG exists (and it's more than just $10, it's new versus previously used as a rental) and compared to some of the hoops I've had to jump through to get discounts, a no fee payment split is trivial. And your issues sounds more like they came from when you canceled your order and now want to reuse the coupon, which rarely works, just do a new email.

Looks like New Super Lucky’s Tale is getting a new physical release that is a code in a box. If you like physical games, might want to pick up the older physical copy if you care about that sort of thing.

Their site is set up poorly and designed to encourage multi-payments, but saving $10 is literally the entire reason CAG exists (and it's more than just $10, it's new versus previously used as a rental) and compared to some of the hoops I've had to jump through to get discounts, a no fee payment split is trivial. And your issues sounds more like they came from when you canceled your order and now want to reuse the coupon, which rarely works, just do a new email.
First, I'm a fakeybro...

Second, sometimes deals might be cheaper, but suck. I don't partake in SeedyKeys, for one, and won't partake in QVC.

I had to cancel because I switched from four payments to one and it removed my discount. Literally said let me give you all the money now and they said no, plus pay is more. That's the issue, not reusing the coupon.

And sitting in queue for customer service ain't worth $10.

Again, don't side with QVC. Gross.

Last edited by a moderator:
First, I'm a fakeybro...

Second, sometimes deals might be cheaper, but suck. I don't partake in SeedyKeys, for one, and won't partake in QVC.

I had to cancel because I switched from four payments to one and it removed my discount. Literally said let me give you all the money now and they said no, plus pay is more. That's the issue, not reusing the coupon.

And sitting in queue for customer service ain't worth $10.

Again, don't side with QVC. Gross.
You were clearly more than willing to partake in QVC until things went sideways, so you're not really taking some great moral high ground. I'm not taking anyone's side, if you look in the QVC thread I actually decried the original deal as basically garbage because after all the limitations and shipping charges then it wasn't worth the trouble. But the Zelda discount with free shipping added to the coupon deal is quite worthwhile. Given the opportunity last week I would have happily partaken in getting a new copy of Zelda for $35 instead of paying $44 for a used copy like I did even if I had to make 12 monthly payments of $3 each.

I get it, retail is corrupt and evil and warning people to be wary like you did is a smart thing to do. But beyond that what's better? Amazon? They're pushing split payments with a fee. Paypal payments? Same. Sure, Costco is decent so far as retail goes, but requires a membership fee and has limited supply and locations. People who want to partake in this deal aren't getting ripped off and I'm sorry the poorly designed website screwed you out of your chance for it, but acting like people should avoid it like it's G2A or something is ridiculous. The biggest issue with the QVC split payments is people buying stuff they can't really afford, I really don't think that applies to a $33 video game purchase.

Edit: It's out of stock now anyway.

You were clearly more than willing to partake in QVC until things went sideways, so you're not really taking some great moral high ground.
Yea, that's kind of the point about having an issue, right? I was okay with the price when it was pay money for product.

Then they did the shit thing called having an "opt out" policy for a predatory payment method instead of an "opt in." When I went to change my order after I already paid to simply update my prefer payment method (aka, to "opt out"), they took away the discount (aka the reason I was at their site in the first place).

If you don't think that's, I dunno, bad, then yea, you're basically covering for a crap company just because you got cheap games. That's not a website error, that's the site working on purpose; unless you think split payments being "opt out" is a whoopsie-poopsie? And saying "whatabout..." yea, they suck, too, but at least Amazon doesn't bait and switch with shit coupons tied to predatory payment methods.

And you covering for split payment methods as an acceptable practice is pretty on the nose for not understanding how that's fundamentally not a good thing... more so when it's for video games.

Heck yeah, Tetris 99. No idea what game that theme is from but do I care? Nope
Lol, as the theme is from Xenoblade 3.

Shocked we have not gotten a Zelda TOTK one yet. I guess they are afraid it would overload the Tetris99 servers.

Lucked out and ordered Mario Wonder while Walmart had a coupon floating out there for an hour. $47.99 with the preorder cards. No membership required.
Me too, I used it on Wonder and Spider-Man 2, since I'll be getting both right away anyway, and saved $20. I never catch these stupid FOMO Wal-Mart coupons on time, and when that one dropped, I was on the phone and had to struggle to get into the app and place the order while still talking lol

Now I have to cancel my Gamestop pre-orders. They are not going to happy with me canceling two major pre-orders right before launch...

Me too, I used it on Wonder and Spider-Man 2, since I'll be getting both right away anyway, and saved $20. I never catch these stupid FOMO Wal-Mart coupons on time, and when that one dropped, I was on the phone and had to struggle to get into the app and place the order while still talking lol

Now I have to cancel my Gamestop pre-orders. They are not going to happy with me canceling two major pre-orders right before launch...
Screw GameStop not being happy. You don't owe them anything. Its a free market. Spend your money where you want to.

Screw GameStop not being happy. You don't owe them anything. Its a free market. Spend your money where you want to.
Ha ha, agreed, but I do really like the people who work at my local Gamestop and I hate how corporate could possibly come down on them for someone like me just choosing to buy my games for cheaper elsewhere.

Just got to chapter 4 of Astral Chain. I feel bad for ignoring this game for so long. Having a good time with it. Had to get use to the controls again. Lol! Getting this backlog cleared.

Nintendo-related, but not eShop: Capcom has made some of its retro games playable in Internet browsers. It includes the original SNES Breath of Fire, several of the Mega Man games, and a few others - JP and English versions. Link to site is in signature as I cannot post links in forums yet apparently.

Just got to chapter 4 of Astral Chain. I feel bad for ignoring this game for so long. Having a good time with it. Had to get use to the controls again. Lol! Getting this backlog cleared.
I was going to grab a physical of that but then it disappeared from store shelves once deals happened. It's something I may go back to track down a copy once I dig through my own backlog.

I was going to grab a physical of that but then it disappeared from store shelves once deals happened. It's something I may go back to track down a copy once I dig through my own backlog.
Like the majority of my switch games I got it during a Gamestop B2G1 free sale. So yeah I'm one of those that snatched it up once I got a chance. I figure I'd beat it first before trying to tackle all the RPG's in the backlog.

Welp, the b2g1 on Switch games and the 15% off discount on eshop credit with the Best Buy membership is dead. Figured it wouldn’t last forever but didn’t expect it to die before the end of the year.

I got my moneys worth out of it but I wish I got another order in or two. Just couldn’t find something to go with Princess Peach Showtime and Another Code.

Welp, the b2g1 on Switch games and the 15% off discount on eshop credit with the Best Buy membership is dead. Figured it wouldn’t last forever but didn’t expect it to die before the end of the year.

I got my moneys worth out of it but I wish I got another order in or two. Just couldn’t find something to go with Princess Peach Showtime and Another Code.
Damn. That’s all I needed it for.

That’s crazy, literally no reason to subscribe now.

Well shit, I had been meaning to place another order. That sucks

I never got in on it since I knew it was going to make me buy more games than I needed, but it really sucks that such a good deal is gone already. We'll never get close to GCU-style memberships ever again.

That’s crazy, literally no reason to subscribe now.
It didn't seem like enough of a reason to subscribe for what it cost. $50 + $120 for two Switch games to get a third for free when I didn't have much of anything that interested me beyond Super Mario Bros. Wonder when I'd just do the $100 ticket thing on the eShop to get two games for $100.

It didn't seem like enough of a reason to subscribe for what it cost. $50 + $120 for two Switch games to get a third for free when I didn't have much of anything that interested me beyond Super Mario Bros. Wonder when I'd just do the $100 ticket thing on the eShop to get two games for $100.
Yeah unless you make multiple preorders you wouldn't make up the cost anyway. But outside of excluded stuff I can usually get buy x get y sales for free through other places plus stuff like red card and circle discount. So it was really only worth it for the convenience factor and whatever few excluded games it had that those other sales would not typically (besides the like first hour of almost every target sale)

Are you sure? It will only let me pay via credit card or PayPal.
Unless they changed it. It’s how I paid for my year back in June.

Edit, yes you can. But you must choose credit card first. They want one since you get opted in to auto renewal. Then when you get to the next screen you see no charge to the card, but just the whole amount taken from funds.

Unless they changed it. It’s how I paid for my year back in June.

Edit, yes you can. But you must choose credit card first. They want one since you get opted in to auto renewal. Then when you get to the next screen you see no charge to the card, but just the whole amount taken from funds.
Oh sweet! Thanks for the heads up. I’ve got lots of Eshop credits from GameStop.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1709418623566020975

Will I still be able to play offline even after online services end?
Yes. Players will still be able to use features and game modes that do not require online communication.

Will any online services still be available even after online services generally end?
It will still be possible to use online services for the following software but that may also end at some point in the future.

• Pokémon Bank
Are you also ending online services for software from publishers other than Nintendo?
With some exceptions, online services will end for all Nintendo 3DS and Wii U software. Please contact publishers for information about the online services for their software.

Will it still be possible to download update data or purchased software?
For the foreseeable future, it will still be possible to download update data and redownload purchased software and downloadable content from Nintendo eShop.

When online services end, will StreetPass and SpotPass no longer be available either?
StreetPass uses local communication between Nintendo 3DS family systems, meaning that it will still be available even after online services end. However, because SpotPass uses online communication, SpotPass features will no longer be available.

For example, you will be able to use StreetPass in StreetPass Mii Plaza, which is pre-installed on Nintendo 3DS family systems, but you will no longer be able to use features that use online communication (such as receiving new panels in Puzzle Swap).

Dang Detective Pikachu Returns is short & easy.  My 12 year old who struggles to finish games started it yesterday and is watching the credits right now.  Wait for a price drop.  Not worth it at normal price (I did get it as part of the now discontinued B2g1 at BB).  

Dang Detective Pikachu Returns is short & easy. My 12 year old who struggles to finish games started it yesterday and is watching the credits right now. Wait for a price drop. Not worth it at normal price (I did get it as part of the now discontinued B2g1 at BB).
It's like 10-12 hours long which is pretty average for a game nowdays. It's also $10 cheaper than a regular release.

These days I'd almost welcome for rpgs to be that short.
For RPGs I like that Chrono Trigger size. It's long enough to have a lot obviously in about maybe 20+ hours and doesn't feel like it has a lot of fat to trim. Soooooo many RPGS are the opposite now with masses of fat like repetitive quests, worthless dialogue, too many battles, and who knows what else. I just don't play as many these day.

I just seem to appreciate games more like Miles Morales or even the first Spider-Man PS4 game. They packed enough, but didn't feel like anything dragged way too long. Not my favorite games, but very good games nonetheless. There is a reason I generally don't touch Compile Heart games with a ten foot pole nowadays.

For RPG's it's Quality over everything.  If it's short, ok but it better be excellent with an unforgettable story and maybe something in the battle system that wows.  if it's long... it better have a great world with interesting characters and a lot of freedom to explore.  Live A Live was for me a perfect shorter rpg experience.  A lot of the 90's SE rpg's hold up well when brought forward with some QOL improvements.  Xenoblade games... yes, I'll take my time and enjoy the 100+ hours and might not even want to leave their worlds when I'm done doing most everything.  Same for modern DQ games... though I still love the length of DQ 1->6 being more moderate in the 40 to 50 hour range for the later games and less for the earlier games.  But few RPG series beyond that are really worth me investing 100+ hours into.

These days I'd almost welcome for rpgs to be that short.
For RPGs I like that Chrono Trigger size. It's long enough to have a lot obviously in about maybe 20+ hours and doesn't feel like it has a lot of fat to trim. Soooooo many RPGS are the opposite now with masses of fat like repetitive quests, worthless dialogue, too many battles, and who knows what else. I just don't play as many these day.

I just seem to appreciate games more like Miles Morales or even the first Spider-Man PS4 game. They packed enough, but didn't feel like anything dragged way too long. Not my favorite games, but very good games nonetheless. There is a reason I generally don't touch Compile Heart games with a ten foot pole nowadays.
One of the reasons I'm so excited for Spider-Man 2 is because I know it's going to be a great story and world that won't overstay its welcome. I've been getting so weary of these long games that are long just for the sake of it. I still love a good RPG story, but lately I've been gravitating toward shorter, less plot-driven RPGs because I just want to play something. So many RPGs, like ones from Compile Heart, just drown you in hours and hours of boring, visual novel dialogue. And I have no problem with visual novels, but if I wanted a visual novel, I'd play one! We need more pithy RPGs like the Ys series, where there's reasonable amounts of downtime and then fun as hell gameplay.

For RPG's it's Quality over everything. If it's short, ok but it better be excellent with an unforgettable story and maybe something in the battle system that wows. if it's long... it better have a great world with interesting characters and a lot of freedom to explore. Live A Live was for me a perfect shorter rpg experience. A lot of the 90's SE rpg's hold up well when brought forward with some QOL improvements. Xenoblade games... yes, I'll take my time and enjoy the 100+ hours and might not even want to leave their worlds when I'm done doing most everything. Same for modern DQ games... though I still love the length of DQ 1->6 being more moderate in the 40 to 50 hour range for the later games and less for the earlier games. But few RPG series beyond that are really worth me investing 100+ hours into.
Very well said! There are certain RPGs that I have no problem sinking over 100 hours into (Xenoblade, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Persona), because those games don't feel as much chock full of fat and padding. They're just long games with lots to do, and I want to do all of it because it's so fun. But like nitrosmob said, too many RPGs have so much padding just for the sake of pushing that playtime past 100 hours. Quality over quantity!

I'm finishing up a playthrough of Saga Frontier Remastered on Switch, and I thought maybe I wouldn't do every scenario since it can get repetitive recruiting all the characters and the game is so painfully obtuse and unforgiving (thank God for NG+), but I'm now on the last story and I've had a blast. I've complained about mechanics, looked up a guide every 5 seconds, scratched my head at clearly unfinished dialogue, and haven't regretted a single second. When I'm done with it, my time should be under 40 hours, and that's just perfect. SNES and PS1 were truly the golden age of JRPGs and more companies need to take cues from those classic (and concise) experiences.

For RPG's it's Quality over everything. Xenoblade games... yes, I'll take my time and enjoy the 100+ hours and might not even want to leave their worlds when I'm done doing most everything.
Playing through Xenoblade 2 at the moment and the biggest thing that's irritated me is that you can unlock increases to your running speed via rewards.

The game is big enough as-is -- if they felt like running faster was an improvement, they should have just made the base running speed faster.

I would say that persona especially is full of padding but since they make it optional they can get away with it. Take away s link grinding and the games about 50 hours long. Add in s link stuff and it balloons significantly on top of requiring scheduling to do them all.

But the parts that make it more blatantly forced padding for no reason are the sections of s links where you require multiple sessions to increase a level even with optimal answers, boost from the shrine or other external sources and bringing the matched persona arcana.

Then they have those parts of the games where you can't do anything. The hurricane in p3. Anytime in 5 since the awful cat won't let you live your life.

The other thing that bothered me was them taking dungeon crawling away from night time slot but not replacing it with anything or making it that all s links can be done at night.

Then there's stuff that 4 brought up like lunch boosts with your s links at school. You can't tell me that the MC never spends any time with the other students at school. Skipping class with Ai, group outings with s links.

Playing through Xenoblade 2 at the moment and the biggest thing that's irritated me is that you can unlock increases to your running speed via rewards.

The game is big enough as-is -- if they felt like running faster was an improvement, they should have just made the base running speed faster.
I don't have an issue with the running speed. It heightens the initial feeling of danger in the early part of the game when facing the extremely powerful enemies that roam the world. Over time your speed (
by buying one of each item in the stores of each area so they sell that 5% boost
) and the strength of your blades increase to give a satisfying progress of ability. Same for increasing the recharge rate of arts.

I should maybe quantify my "Quality" comment. Not only do I want super well crafted games that work... but there are certain things in games I appreciate and gravitate towards. An open world with something pretty to see while exploring is high on my list. Like Zelda BotW, I'm that player that after the opening sequence will spend a couple minutes at that vista just taking in the world. XC2 (understandably as the world was also done by Monolith Soft) has a lot of similar just beautiful locations I would stop at and just enjoy. XC2 is also an example of a game with interesting depth in the minutia. Completing the affinity chart for each main blade was fun with the mini-story parts for the named blades.

A lot of folks though may hate that stuff in games. Like Disgaea and Persona are just not for me. Not that all the grinding is required but it just doesn't seem fun to me which is why I gave up on those franchises as I don't mind a grind. Yet I loved the grinding pins in the TWEWY games.

bread's done
Back