Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I knew Bowser was a man of culture

I was about to say that this is a great sale going on, because I was looking at my wishlist on Deku Deals and saw that a bunch of things had hit a new lowest price... but most of those prices were on Playstation.

Most of them aren't the kind of games that would suffer from the lower power of the Switch, so I'd rather have them there for the option of portability.

I have most analogue systems but the problem with the N64 are the games. Only a handful I would want to play are not available for purchase in a better version: Diddy Kong Racing, 1080, and Major League Baseball featuring Ken Griffey Jr.

Zelda games I have remastered on 3DS.
Rare game including Goldeneye, Banjo, Blast Corps, etc. on Xbox via Rare Replay.
Mario 64 is on Switch via Mario 3D AllStars.
Mario Kart 64 via Wii U.
Best Mario Party games on Mario Party Superstars.

Grabbed Quake 2 for $3.99 on eshop.

I have it on gamepass but now having portable makes it that much better.

Can’t wait for Quake 3 from Nightdive Studios.

Extra mystery gift code for the event Mimikyu from GameStop, redeemable on Pokemon Scarlet/Violet:

U3080L?LHJPR660V

? = First number in my username

Playing against cpu players in F-Zero 99 (or past F-Zero games) is IMO not fun.  There's already the practice tracks in 99 to play solo but just like pretty much all FZero games the rubberband ai kind of ruins the single player experience.  This is a game where playing against other people makes the experience fun and doesn't hinder it.

Playing against cpu players in F-Zero 99 (or past F-Zero games) is IMO not fun. There's already the practice tracks in 99 to play solo but just like pretty much all FZero games the rubberband ai kind of ruins the single player experience. This is a game where playing against other people makes the experience fun and doesn't hinder it.
I played a mini-prix with like 6 human players and the rest AI. The AI sucks if you're any good. Nothing like the original game's rubberbanding. At least from that one experience.

I played a mini-prix with like 6 human players and the rest AI. The AI sucks if you're any good. Nothing like the original game's rubberbanding. At least from that one experience.
The online matches with other players, the AI that fills out the roster when the clock for joining ends does seem nerfed a bit. The practice mode AI where it's all bots... it's not as bad as past games but it's still there. I think it probably helps with this game that there is the grinding so lower level players aren't going to get as frustrated. I'm only a C+ from my three or four times playing.

So I just received my brother's old switch. what is the best way to get the games on the cheap? He has smash, sword or shield, and breath of the wild and can't remember what else atm. I am savy with cdkeys and such for Xbox games but haven't had a nintendo console since wii. Is physical the cheapest or are there key sites that work well or is nintendo strict on Grey market codes?

So I just received my brother's old switch. what is the best way to get the games on the cheap? He has smash, sword or shield, and breath of the wild and can't remember what else atm. I am savy with cdkeys and such for Xbox games but haven't had a nintendo console since wii. Is physical the cheapest or are there key sites that work well or is nintendo strict on Grey market codes?
Move to Argentina. Also deku deals is good if you aren't interested in international travel.

I don't mess around with the gray market other than PS+ yearly codes. For Nintendo first party titles they go on sale new for random things usually one around BF, Mario day has some, and like summer sales. These are the usually the best way to get those titles new and cheap. Gamefly generally has decent sales on all Switch games during their blowout sales. I generally don't know about digital titles myself, but I do know some place sell the EShop credit for cheaper on cards.

If you have Switch online you can buy direct from Nintendo two game vouchers for $100. You can then save about $20 on two newer 1st party releases.

I also recommend www.dekudeals.com for updates on digital game sales. When you purchase digital games direct from nintendo you also get gold coins which you can then redeem for discounts on digital games. You receive more gold coins for digital games than physical games and not all physical games give you gold coins. Also physical games coins need to be redeemed a year after the release date of the game.

There are not a lot of sites with grey market codes for switch games.
I used eneba once to get the Mario Kart 8 DLC for $17.

Last edited by a moderator:
First game in the No Gravity Games chain will be on Wednesday October 25th.

Which reminds me, I haven't even bought candy yet.  I live in a neighborhood that usually has a pretty good turnout.

QVC lol. Wait for their free shipping days and use their new customer codes to get $20 or 30 off Switch games.

A huge sale started today and looks like it goes until November 1st :bouncy:

Congrats! Breath of the Wild will keep you busy for a while. Some accessories to look into would be a Hori Split Pad Pro, for when you're not playing on a tv. And an 8Bitdo USB adapter so you can play using your Xbox controller. It's been a life (controller) saver for me while playing Tears of the Kingdom. Controllers for the Switch are expensive and not very durable.

For physical games you're going to want to make a wishlist and set up deal alerts through Deku Deals. Also check Wario64 and CAG on Twitter regularly. Switch games will sell out fast.

For 3rd party digital games, also use Deku Deals. It's great for checking a game's price history to help make your best judgement on whether or not the current price is worth it. You're in luck because a lot of games (over 2,000) just went on sale today. Keep in mind many cross-platform games run poorly on Switch. There's a lot of junk to shovel through, but some real gems to be had depending on what genres you like to play.

You can find new games on sale every day, but the main sale day is Thursday, around noon. $1.99 is the lowest Nintendo will allow publishers to list their digital games, but some of them will offer additional discounts for owning one of their other titles. Quibic, Baltoro, Drageus, Forever Entertainment, Daedalic, and Cool Small Games do this quite often so be aware before you pay full price for any of theirs.

-

Another thing to look into is a Switch Online Plan. You can share their family plans with up to eight people, which means you can split the cost of NSO + Expansion and make it just $10 per person for the whole year! Then you will be able to play all the classic N64, Nes, Gameboy, etc games that they've released so far. Totally worth it if you can get a group together. Many CAGs here are in groupshares like this.

A huge sale started today and looks like it goes until November 1st :bouncy:

Congrats! Breath of the Wild will keep you busy for a while. Some accessories to look into would be a Hori Split Pad Pro, for when you're not playing on a tv. And an 8Bitdo USB adapter so you can play using your Xbox controller. It's been a life (controller) saver for me while playing Tears of the Kingdom. Controllers for the Switch are expensive and not very durable.

For physical games you're going to want to make a wishlist and set up deal alerts through Deku Deals. Also check Wario64 and CAG on Twitter regularly. Switch games will sell out fast.

For 3rd party digital games, also use Deku Deals. It's great for checking a game's price history to help make your best judgement on whether or not the current price is worth it. You're in luck because a lot of games (over 2,000) just went on sale today. Keep in mind many cross-platform games run poorly on Switch. There's a lot of junk to shovel through, but some real gems to be had depending on what genres you like to play.

You can find new games on sale every day, but the main sale day is Thursday, around noon. $1.99 is the lowest Nintendo will allow publishers to list their digital games, but some of them will offer additional discounts for owning one of their other titles. Quibic, Baltoro, Drageus, Forever Entertainment, Daedalic, and Cool Small Games do this quite often so be aware before you pay full price for any of theirs.

-

Another thing to look into is a Switch Online Plan. You can share their family plans with up to eight people, which means you can split the cost of NSO + Expansion and make it just $10 per person for the whole year! Then you will be able to play all the classic N64, Nes, Gameboy, etc games that they've released so far. Totally worth it if you can get a group together. Many CAGs here are in groupshares like this.
Wow great info thanks! Mostly only plan on playing Nintendo games on it so wonky 3rd party ports shouldn't be a problem. Good to know about the 8bitdo adapter that will be helpful even though I most likely will be playing handheld while sitting next to my wife while she watches her shows lol. Im actually pretty excited to get back into the Nintendo ecosystem. Figure by the time I get through the zelda, mario and metroid games the switch 2 will be out next year lol!

As far as controllers go, the 8bitdo Pro 2 may well be my favorite controller ever. It's so ergonomic, has turbo and reprogrammable buttons, has the extra back buttons, and I prefer the symmetrical analog stick style. I really wish I could use it on my PS4 as well.

Actually I have had some problems with it; I have both a wired and a wireless one, but the wired one only works with the cord at a certain angle now. The charging port on my wireless is wonky so you have to bend the cord to an extreme angle to charge it, but it also takes AA batteries so I sidestepped the issue by buying some rechargeable batteries.

Walmart via fedex delivered Mario Wonder today along with the trading cards. Probably keep the cards sealed right?
I opened mine and didn't get the holographic Elephant Mario, of course (my foil was Wubba Mario lol). I really wanted Daisy but didn't get her, either! I did get Toadette, Nabbit, and the talking flower, so that's cool.

I'm so excited to play this and say hi to all the flowers...but I also have Spider-Man 2 and I don't know which one to play first! This has been a great year for gaming.

Haha multiple trading card listings already SOLD for $50 on eBay. What is wrong with people.
Packs are starting to pour in and no one is buying above $30 after that initial rush of FOMO. As the day goes on, the price will drop.

Has anyone found these packs in stores? Went to 2 Walmarts and they didn't have them/didn't know about them/couldn't find them. If these packs are online only preorder only from Walmart.... jesus christ Nintendo. Won't be as bad as Kid Icarus AR cards, but definitely on the scale of Jet Mode from Kirby Planet Robobot.

Packs are starting to pour in and no one is buying above $30 after that initial rush of FOMO. As the day goes on, the price will drop.

Has anyone found these packs in stores? Went to 2 Walmarts and they didn't have them/didn't know about them/couldn't find them. If these packs are online only preorder only from Walmart.... jesus christ Nintendo. Won't be as bad as Kid Icarus AR cards, but definitely on the scale of Jet Mode from Kirby Planet Robobot.
Walmart preorder bonuses have always been online only. Probably for the better considering how GameStop goes.

Guess I'll keep the cards sealed but the kid in me wants to open them.

394155682_346037334552083_3780421130218270522_n.jpg

Geeeeeeeez. Fml.

"Trading" cards... how are you supposed to trade when you have no chance of dupes? fuckin' Nintendo.
Seriously, when these were announced, I wondered how you'd get more. I'd grab another pack or 2 for fun if they were sold separately, but just like the Planet Robobot and Kid Icarus cards, you're just getting that one pack. Seems kind of pointless in the long run.

Seriously, when these were announced, I wondered how you'd get more. I'd grab another pack or 2 for fun if they were sold separately, but just like the Planet Robobot and Kid Icarus cards, you're just getting that one pack. Seems kind of pointless in the long run.
I think they wanted people to do multiple preorders. I'm curious as to if any walmart employees will end up with a case of them?

Some did: https://www.reddit.com/r/NSCollectors/comments/17ciw79/i_was_so_close_i_thought_5_orders_would_be_enough/

5 orders and dude still wasn’t able to complete the 15 regular cards.
Ouch, reminds me of how I had to buy 6 packs of Animal Crossing series 5 amiibo cards just to get one Shino. This is why I only buy singles for the Pokemon TCG. Also, only one Daisy? She shouldn't be that rare.

I noticed on the packing slip for my game that both it and the trading cards are priced at $59.99 each in Wal-Mart's system, so it sounds like for now, they'll only be available as a bundle with the game. Hopefully they got too many and start selling them individually, but don't be surprised if they disappear and can only be found secondhand.

All these posts about people getting super Mario wonder and spider man 2, and I'm just sitting here like a cheap ass gamer.

My cards sold on eBay for 38.95 a few hours ago. But I think I got lucky bc there are others listed for that amount. Will net about $29 after shipping and fees. But since I got the game for $48 with one of Wario64s code it will cost me $20 in the end so I’ll take it. Don’t personally care about cards lol

All these posts about people getting super Mario wonder and spider man 2, and I'm just sitting here like a cheap ass gamer.
I caved and purchased Mario Wonder at full price. I guess I need to turn in my cheap ass gamer card :)

With Nintendo I kind of feel justified though since their games rarely go on sale and when they do go on sale it's never a big discount. I guess I could have bought the vouchers, but there are no other new Nintendo games I want to purchase anytime soon.

bread's done
Back