Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I caved and purchased Mario Wonder at full price. I guess I need to turn in my cheap ass gamer card :)

With Nintendo I kind of feel justified though since their games rarely go on sale and when they do go on sale it's never a big discount. I guess I could have bought the vouchers, but there are no other new Nintendo games I want to purchase anytime soon.
I'm hoping Target's annual pre-Black Friday buy 2 get 1 sale glitches (as it often does at first) and I can get this and a few other newer games from it.

Spiderman 2 will be a $20 or less holiday title next year and Mario Wonder will be $40 on GameFly in about 4-6 months.
I don't own a PS5, so I'm not too concerned about that one, lol. I've just learned that even when I did buy games brand new when I had GCU, I still didn't get around to playing them until they eventually ended up being even cheaper then what I paid when they were 20% off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spiderman 2 will be a $20 or less holiday title next year and Mario Wonder will be $40 on GameFly in about 4-6 months.
I don’t think so with Spiderman. The PS5 came out 3 years ago. None of their $70 first party games have hit $20 yet to my knowledge (unless you’re talking second hand)

Super Nintendo Entertainment System Controller
Oh that's cool. I'll have to break mine out when I finally get Wonder.

YEAH IT IS. Only bummer is no home button so you can’t go back to the home menu. For handheld mode, I like the
HORI D-Pad Controller (L). Better than the Switch Lite dpad.
That's too bad they didn't put the R+ZR or just ZR option for home like in the snes app.. or the long press to get the menu to select sleep (Same for the L+ZL or Just ZL for taking pics).

FYI Suika (the Watermelon game) is now on the US eshop. No need to create a Japanese account and get Japanese eshop cards anymore to try it out.
https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/suika-game-switch/

It is untranslated though.
Update 10/23. They added English to Suika and a Halloween theme. Choose then language at the bottom of the start screen and use L/R to toggle between the regular theme and Halloween theme. The fruits make different faces in game in the Halloween theme.

YEAH IT IS. Only bummer is no home button so you can’t go back to the home menu. For handheld mode, I like the
HORI D-Pad Controller (L). Better than the Switch Lite dpad.
Most things are better than the Switch Lite d-pad. Accidentally brushing your teeth with Preparation H is better than the Switch Lite d-pad.

Ok so probably dumb question but I am confused. When I go on the eshop to purchase a game i.e. mk8 or smash it shows as purchased. But nothing is in my re-download section seeing as I've never bought a switch game. I go to my family members profile and can download the game from their re-download section but when I try to play off my profile/page it says I don't own the game. But according to the eshop using my profile the game says purchased. Totk was downloaded and i can play no issues but smash and mk8 or legends arceus give me that pop up message. There should be a way to play since we are all on the same console, no?

Most things are better than the Switch Lite d-pad. Accidentally brushing your teeth with Preparation H is better than the Switch Lite d-pad.
giphy.gif

Ok so probably dumb question but I am confused. When I go on the eshop to purchase a game i.e. mk8 or smash it shows as purchased. But nothing is in my re-download section seeing as I've never bought a switch game. I go to my family members profile and can download the game from their re-download section but when I try to play off my profile/page it says I don't own the game. But according to the eshop using my profile the game says purchased. Totk was downloaded and i can play no issues but smash and mk8 or legends arceus give me that pop up message. There should be a way to play since we are all on the same console, no?
Your family member doesn't have your switch set as their Primary console. So if you want to play something from their account you need to use their profile or they need to change their primary console to your system. If your system is the only system, then they just need to go to their profile and change the primary console setting over and then everyone on the primary console can play everyones purchases.

I want to get Root Film for $8, but Deku Deals shows that the sale price has been decreasing at a steady rate over time. The cheap ass gamer in me is willing to wait it out a little longer to save a couple more dollars.

So I've been seeing all the news about Suika Game, and being the old lady I am, I rolled my eyes at it being a "viral sensation," but I heard there's a free version online so I gave it a try. I played two rounds in bed this morning after waking up and didn't want to stop. It's just so cute! And the Switch version has a Halloween theme? I may need to drop the 3 bucks to support the devs, especially now that it has English support.

I want to get Root Film for $8, but Deku Deals shows that the sale price has been decreasing at a steady rate over time. The cheap ass gamer in me is willing to wait it out a little longer to save a couple more dollars.
Everyone who bought it said it wasn't very good. But they also paid much more than 8$ so 🤷.

So I've been seeing all the news about Suika Game, and being the old lady I am, I rolled my eyes at it being a "viral sensation," but I heard there's a free version online so I gave it a try. I played two rounds in bed this morning after waking up and didn't want to stop. It's just so cute! And the Switch version has a Halloween theme? I may need to drop the 3 bucks to support the devs, especially now that it has English support.
You won't regret it. The Switch version is a lot smoother and way more cute! I've put an embarrassing number of hours into it already, just mindlessly playing while watching tv. The dopamine hit from the chain-reactions are so addictive :drool:

You won't regret it. The Switch version is a lot smoother and way more cute! I've put an embarrassing number of hours into it already, just mindlessly playing while watching tv. The dopamine hit from the chain-reactions are so addictive :drool:
Yes, I could feel my eyes lighting up when I'd make a chain. It's like grabbing a treasure chest in Vampire Survivors and the thing explodes into strobe lights and fireworks. Lizard brain goes crazy.

My husband who does not play games is playing it on and off so it is quite addictive.

So what do 1st party nintendo games on the eshop look like on Black Friday? Do the zeldas, marios, metroids, etc get reasonable sale prices? Also do dlcs go on sale like the mk8 booster courses or pokemon dlc (acording to deku no but figured you guys might know better)?

So what do 1st party nintendo games on the eshop look like on Black Friday? Do the zeldas, marios, metroids, etc get reasonable sale prices? Also do dlcs go on sale like the mk8 booster courses or pokemon dlc (acording to deku no but figured you guys might know better)?
Unless they're price mistakes expect $40+ for all games. Generally $45 is the sale price for newer things if they get a sale.

First free No Gravity Halloween freebie is up.

Unsurprisingly, it's Creepy Tale (repeat from previous giveaways)

https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/creepy-tale-switch/

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1716983356510945506
Welp, that's the last N64 game they announced already that I was waiting for. All they have left is 1080 and maybe Harvest Moon (unsure if it'll be Japan-exclusive).

GB/GBC has one Japan-only game and GBA has F-Zero and Golden Sun and then that's it for everything already announced.

GB/GBC/GBA will probably have another batch but I wonder if this is the end of the road for N64 additions.

Besides the original Smash Bros. and Rareware games, I can't think of any first-party omissions.

So, is there any particular reason that I had no idea "Flipon" exists? I'm a huge fan of Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon/Puzzle League/whatever you want to call it, but I never heard of this until today. Has anyone played it?

My Time at Portia Deluxe Edition is at an all-time low $3.19: https://www.dekudeals.com/items/my-time-at-portia-deluxe-edition

Haven't tried it but seems like an easy pick at this price for fans of the genre. They supposedly fixed the long load times that the Switch ver had at launch.
The main thing I read about this was something like change the day settings to make the day longer to get stuff done and to save often and make sure to fully quit when done and don't just put the system in sleep mode as the game is more prone to crash after that. But in general, it was decent for what it was if you could work around the technical issues.

So to answer my own question about Flipon... it plays fairly different from Panel de Pon/Puzzle League games. The basics are the same, but there are a lot of little differences. For example, you can't chain by sneaking a block under another block that's falling down; you can still do that, but it won't count as part of the chain anymore. Also for some reason, when you move a block into midair so that it would fall down, you're able to keep rapidly moving it back and forth between midair and its original position as much as you want.

The block colors are pretty bright and pastel-y, and I felt that making them a little darker and more striking would have been very helpful in differentiating them, but that may be just me. The characters and music are nice and kind of charming, but nothing special. Overall, being a budget title, it just doesn't have quite the same level of detail and polish put into the gameplay as the original games, and as long as I'm able to play Panel de Pon on my Switch, this game isn't going to replace it as my go-to.

Do any of you guys own the dlc for Captain Toad? I purchased it a long time ago and can't find it anywhere when I have the game loaded.

I had it already, must have been in one of their previous giveaways.
I count only 13 of their 38 games I don't already have from giveaways. Odds aren't looking good.

--
Pinball FX has had some really great sales recently:

World War Z - $1.86
Adam's Family - $3.39

These are pretty good discounts for tables that had never been released on Switch before, so good time to pick them up if you're interested. The Switch version of Pinball FX still has its problems. Mainly the graphics looking all grainy. It feels like a downgrade compared to how shiny and smooth FX3 played. They recently had Garfield and Twilight Zone on sale too. It looks like they're doing sales pretty often, so wishlist tables on DekuDeals to keep an eye on them.

Universal Monsters Pack - $3.39 is also on sale for FX3

I count only 13 of their 38 games I don't already have from giveaways. Odds aren't looking good.
The games they don't currently have on sale are the ones that are likely to be part of this promotion.:

Pandemic Shooter

Creepy Tale 2

Body of Evidence

Splashy Cube

/Connection Haunted <SERVER ERROR>

Star Horizon

Nonograms Prophecy

Dream Alone

All of these have been given away before. We can probably rule out Splashy Cube, Star Horizon, and Nonograms Prophecy as they don't fit the Halloween theme.

I think we already posted that a few pages back. and I said I wish they'd add in online multi-player to the old games. Then someone replied that they supposedly do.

I think we already posted that a few pages back. and I said I wish they'd add in online multi-player to the old games. Then someone replied that they supposedly do.
Yeah, Switch Online games have online multiplayer emulated as local multiplayer as a feature.

Unless Mario Party 3 is an exception, you should be able to play online with people. The problem is playing online with more than 1 local user.

The games they don't currently have on sale are the ones that are likely to be part of this promotion.:

Pandemic Shooter

Creepy Tale 2

Body of Evidence

Splashy Cube

/Connection Haunted <SERVER ERROR>

Star Horizon

Nonograms Prophecy

Dream Alone

All of these have been given away before. We can probably rule out Splashy Cube, Star Horizon, and Nonograms Prophecy as they don't fit the Halloween theme.
Totally forgot I had figured that pattern out before. As expected today is one of those games, Pandemic Shooter.

https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/pandemic-shooter-switch/

I didn't have this, so I likely just skipped one of these No Gravity events in the past since they aren't the greatest games ever, though some are decent enough.

bread's done
Back