Nintendo eShop Deals and Discussions

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads (and continues to on this thread!)

Feel free to post here about the newest Nintendo eShop deals, My Nintendo rewards and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Nintendo Sales and Deals page

Last edited:
I may need to run TWO family memberships starting late December -- I have enough nieces and nephews with Switches that I'm maxing out my current family plan.  If that happens, I may need 2-3 folks to even out the second plan.

For those looking level up their holidays this year, Nintendo has Black Friday offers and Cyber Deals that the whole family can enjoy. Starting Nov. 19*, select retailers and the My Nintendo Store will offer the Nintendo Switch – OLED Model system + Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Full Game Download) + 3 Month Nintendo Switch Online Individual Membership** bundle at a suggested retail price of just $349.99 ($67.98 in savings).*** With exclusive Joy-Con controllers featuring a design inspired by the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game, this bundle delivers a great value for anyone looking to play at home or on the go with a vibrant OLED screen, while battling it out with Mario and a huge selection of other gaming icons.

But first, holiday shoppers can hit the dice block (Mario style!), with the Super Mario Party + Red & Blue Joy-Con bundle,* available starting Nov. 10. This party pack can offer families another way to keep the holiday festivities going with Mario and friends, featuring the full Super Mario Party game download and two Joy-Con controllers in dashing red and blue colors, at a suggested retail price of $99.99 ($39 in savings).***

The celebration continues with Black Friday deals starting Nov. 19, when select retailers will offer up to a $20 discount on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Super Mario Odyssey games, bringing their suggested retail price to only $39.99 each. Holiday shoppers can also purchase games like Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe, and Minecraft Legends: Deluxe Edition for the suggested retail price of only $29.99 and Everybody 1-2-Switch! for just $19.99. Additional Cyber Deals on Nintendo games and partner titles will be available on Nintendo.com and in the Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch system the very next day on November 20.

https://www.nintendo.com/us/whatsnew/nintendo-offers-super-smash-bros-ultimate-and-nintendo-switch-oled-model-bundle-for-black-friday-and-announces-other-holiday-deals/

Well, at least it’s not another Mario Kart 8 bundle, lol.  But they couldn’t be bothered to make new joy cons.  

Here’s hoping some retailers will have those $39.99 games for less on BF because some of them have been $29.99 in past years.  
No surprise on them trying to unload the Everybody 1-2 turd, but they really needed to price that at 9.99 or maybe 14.99.  
Kirby must’ve underperformed because besides the turd, it’s the only game from this year,  And probably the only thing I’ll be picking up, better yet if GameStop still offers $5 off pickup when that discount comes around.  

One correction, Wario64 has a photo that has Mario Strikers as the 4th $30 off game.  Probably both it and Minecraft will be discounted.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Also show Switch Sports for $10 off, $40. Weak deals. I thought the Smash bundle would include the DLC. Nintendo is obviously doing too well.

For those looking level up their holidays this year, Nintendo has Black Friday offers and Cyber Deals that the whole family can enjoy. Starting Nov. 19*, select retailers and the My Nintendo Store will offer the Nintendo Switch – OLED Model system + Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Full Game Download) + 3 Month Nintendo Switch Online Individual Membership** bundle at a suggested retail price of just $349.99 ($67.98 in savings).*** With exclusive Joy-Con controllers featuring a design inspired by the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game, this bundle delivers a great value for anyone looking to play at home or on the go with a vibrant OLED screen, while battling it out with Mario and a huge selection of other gaming icons.

But first, holiday shoppers can hit the dice block (Mario style!), with the Super Mario Party + Red & Blue Joy-Con bundle,* available starting Nov. 10. This party pack can offer families another way to keep the holiday festivities going with Mario and friends, featuring the full Super Mario Party game download and two Joy-Con controllers in dashing red and blue colors, at a suggested retail price of $99.99 ($39 in savings).***

The celebration continues with Black Friday deals starting Nov. 19, when select retailers will offer up to a $20 discount on The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Super Mario Odyssey games, bringing their suggested retail price to only $39.99 each. Holiday shoppers can also purchase games like Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe, and Minecraft Legends: Deluxe Edition for the suggested retail price of only $29.99 and Everybody 1-2-Switch! for just $19.99. Additional Cyber Deals on Nintendo games and partner titles will be available on Nintendo.com and in the Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch system the very next day on November 20.

https://www.nintendo.com/us/whatsnew/nintendo-offers-super-smash-bros-ultimate-and-nintendo-switch-oled-model-bundle-for-black-friday-and-announces-other-holiday-deals/
Never really realized til this message that of course Nintendo has retailers by the balls to keep Switch game prices up lol. After reading that it's surprising they have one off sales at all without getting visits from Nintendo suits. You wanted the ancient shit everyone already has to be on sale right? I might get Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Kirby if they're on sale at Target, have some gift cards to burn I guess. Hell, don't have Smash even yet but that's not going on sale when almost everyone already has that too. Smash tax! No company hates their fans more than Nintendo.

Anyone interested in splitting an online family membership?
I did the last two years with another CAG member and other guys with zero issues. Expired and some of the members aren’t responding.
Two of us now. Looking for up to six more to get cost down.
Have 7. Have one spot left. Need one more if anyone interested.

Is this the first time Nintendo themselves has set a full-priced game on one of these holiday sales for less than $40? Feels like it.
I think they've done $30 before through Walmart (2020, I think). I grabbed luigi's mansion 3, yoshi's crafted world, and Link's Awakening. I think these deals were through Nintendo and not just Walmart doing their own thing. Same for back when Walmart had their deal with nintendo to have slightly cheaper new release games.

Having just gotten a switch i really wanted to do digital only like on Xbox but looks like I'll have to be hitting up target and gamestop etc for their deals on physical.

Having just gotten a switch i really wanted to do digital only like on Xbox but looks like I'll have to be hitting up target and gamestop etc for their deals on physical.
“Additional Cyber Deals on Nintendo games and partner titles will be available on Nintendo.com and in the Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch system the very next day on November 20.”

Expect the same deals on eShop. Retailers will offer slightly better deals on physical games though. Also, Nintendo games hold their value better than Xbox or PlayStation. Plus, physical Nintendo games do not have to be copied to internal memory.

I think they've done $30 before through Walmart (2020, I think). I grabbed luigi's mansion 3, yoshi's crafted world, and Link's Awakening. I think these deals were through Nintendo and not just Walmart doing their own thing. Same for back when Walmart had their deal with nintendo to have slightly cheaper new release games.
Oh yeah I definitely remember both that and the 10$ off or whatever thing. Great for people who buy stuff at launch.

Plus, physical Nintendo games do not have to be copied to internal memory.
And for a multi-switch household like mine, there's no dealing with "checking to see if this game can be played" popping up since only one switch can be the main one and you have to jump through hoops to share digital in the same household with the other systems.

Klonoa is $11.99 right now... tempting but can't decide whether to get it on Switch or the Deck. I use my Switch a lot more frequently 

I was just browsing the eShop and gear Club Unlimited 2 tracks Edition is on sale for $1.99. Says the normal price is $49.99. Looking online for the physical Edition I see like $28. This seems like a steal of a price. Not sure if this is old but has anyone played this game before?

I was just browsing the eShop and gear Club Unlimited 2 tracks Edition is on sale for $1.99. Says the normal price is $49.99. Looking online for the physical Edition I see like $28. This seems like a steal of a price. Not sure if this is old but has anyone played this game before?
Got it Good Deal

I've looked into it during some of the previous released versions as I'm into racing games with real world cars and the feedback was mediocre to bad. Meta Critic has the first version of GCU2 in the 50% range. This is something like the 5th version is in the 60% range score wise but dipping down to the 50's as well.

From the Nintendo Enthusiast Review:

"Gear.Club Unlimited 2 is back with its Tracks Edition expansion, but building off of a bad foundation only leads to a mess. The unfair AI, unbalanced cars, puddle-deep "sim" mechanics, repetitive circuits, egregious economy, and laughable performance "

For $2, it's probably worth a gamble ... but just maybe temper your expectations. I'm probably just going to save my $2.

Update your MK8D!! to get the last booster courses assuming you have access to it. My FC is 2873-3796-4588 for those that care.

*EDIT*

A surprise awaits you after you beat the final cup in first place. Well, I got 3 gold stars anyway but I am sure it's just for finishing in 1st. I did not expect that. Now onto mirror and 200CC! Overall, these courses are better than I expected. Really liked some of the Tour courses and Bowser Castle 3 I think it is. Wii rainbow road was done great! I feel better than I did when they were announced. The new music mode is great too. Going to be just fine and dandy playing all these courses until MK9.

I've looked into it during some of the previous released versions as I'm into racing games with real world cars and the feedback was mediocre to bad. Meta Critic has the first version of GCU2 in the 50% range. This is something like the 5th version is in the 60% range score wise but dipping down to the 50's as well.

From the Nintendo Enthusiast Review:

"Gear.Club Unlimited 2 is back with its Tracks Edition expansion, but building off of a bad foundation only leads to a mess. The unfair AI, unbalanced cars, puddle-deep "sim" mechanics, repetitive circuits, egregious economy, and laughable performance "

For $2, it's probably worth a gamble ... but just maybe temper your expectations. I'm probably just going to save my $2.
I grabbed it last night and played it for a little while, the load times are pretty long but otherwise the performance and control was decent in docked mode (didn't try handheld but I will in a little while and report back). Apparently the input lag that plagued the original release was fixed with this Tracks Edition. It seems to have good options and it has a lot of my favorite cars so I'd say it's worth the $2 unless you've already got one of the newer racing games.

Edit: Pulled it out and played a few races in handheld, it's certainly not going to win any awards for the course graphics but the cars look good and I didn't notice any slowdown or control issues.

Latest MK8D!! patch notes:

Support for DLC

• Added paid DLC: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass, Wave 6 (two cups, eight courses, four characters, 17 Mii racing suits).
General

• Added “Music” button to the top menu.
    This is a feature where you can listen to the background music that plays during the game, as you like.
  • Even players who don’t own the Booster Course Pass can listen to the background music of the DLC courses.

[*]Added feature where other players who aren’t friends can join in a Room.
  • After creating a room, press the + Button or – Button to display the Room ID on the Room screen, and tell your fellow racers the Room ID.
  • The other racers can join by entering the Room ID in “Search by Room ID.”

[*]Made it so that you can create a Room even if you have 0 friends registered.
[*]Added staff credits for the Booster Couse Pass.
  • Conditions for seeing the credits
  • If you have the Booster Course Pass: Clear all DLC cups in Grand Prix mode ranked third or higher (for the second time and later, clear Moon Cup or Spiny Cup ranked third or higher).
  • If you don’t have the Booster Course Pass: After racing in the DLC courses in Online Play or Wireless Play 100 times or more, clear a random cup in Grand Prix mode ranked third or higher (for the second time and later, clear Bell Cup ranked third or higher).

[*]Increased the invincibility time of a portion of characters and vehicle customizations.
[*]Made it so that you can’t acquire strong items when taking an Item Box by stopping or driving in reverse, or taking an Item Box that is in same location multiple times during a race.
[*]Shortened the time between when an Item Box is acquired by someone until it is restored.
[*]Lowered the appearance rate of Mirror and 200cc in “Worldwide” and “Regional.”
[*]Made it so you can acquire the “Varia Suit” when using a Metroid series amiibo.
[*]Made it so you can acquire the “Hylian Suit” when using a Legend of Zelda series amiibo.
[*]Made it so you can acquire the “Kirby Suit” when using a Kirby series amiibo.
[*]Made it so you can acquire the “Daisy Suit” when using a Daisy amiibo.
Fixed Issues

• Fixed an issue where no Bob-omb car blows up in Wii Moonview Highway, but a Bob-omb car blows up for someone you are playing with online.
  • Fixed an issue where, when racing against a Ghost in Time Trials on Yoshi's Island, the red road would not appear even though the Ghost touched the Winged Cloud.

Played some FZero 99 this weekend with the official SNES controller.  It took some getting used to using L+R for the spin attack but it was super functional and the ZR button for going to the home screen of the switch works perfectly (as does ZL for the camera).  Ended up playing some games on the NES & SNES apps as well.   The SNES controller IMO was a really good buy.  Glad I got a pair of them.

Also started the demo for the new Dragon Quest Monsters game.  Overall pretty fun though I feel like it could get a bit overwhelming with all the monster combining and different ways you use points to enhance each monster and the season changes to environments.   Still, it's DQ and an easy buy.

Played some FZero 99 this weekend with the official SNES controller. It took some getting used to using L+R for the spin attack but it was super functional and the ZR button for going to the home screen of the switch works perfectly (as does ZL for the camera). Ended up playing some games on the NES & SNES apps as well. The SNES controller IMO was a really good buy. Glad I got a pair of them.

Also started the demo for the new Dragon Quest Monsters game. Overall pretty fun though I feel like it could get a bit overwhelming with all the monster combining and different ways you use points to enhance each monster and the season changes to environments. Still, it's DQ and an easy buy.
I love my SNES controller and have been playing Mario Wonder with it. Since Steam made the integration seamless I plug it in and use it on as much stuff there as possible too. I'm sure some of it for me is built in nostalgia but It's still the best feeling d-pad I've ever used.

I love my SNES controller and have been playing Mario Wonder with it. Since Steam made the integration seamless I plug it in and use it on as much stuff there as possible too. I'm sure some of it for me is built in nostalgia but It's still the best feeling d-pad I've ever used.
The dpad is pretty fantastic. I felt more in control with it than the pro controller dpad.

This is sort of, no, totally off topic, but anyone on here play Tomodachi Life on the 3DS? I know it came out back in 2014, but I started up a new playthrough and have been addicted to creating Miis and watching their antics. I've played many times before with Miis based on family and friends, pro wrestlers, and anime characters, but this time, I'm doing all characters from Star Trek (original series to Enterprise only, I don't watch Nu Trek). For all you trekkies out there, my funniest couples are Tom Paris and Uhura, Janeway and Archer, Dr. Bashir and Keiko, and Sisko and K'Ehleyr (Worf's old flame, Alexander's mother). Oh, and I made Odo and Kira first and they actually got married. The game is self-aware lol

Sorry if that was gibberish to anyone, but I'm just really curious if anyone else here has played it. I'd love a sequel on Switch (or Switch 2), and judging by how active the subreddit for the game still is, I'm not alone. It's a great example of the crazier, more unique stuff Nintendo creates that sets them apart from a lot of other AAA developers. Tomodachi Life could really become as successful as Animal Crossing has if they make a new entry and market it well. It's a perfect casual game you can check in on every day and find something to talk about with others.

This is sort of, no, totally off topic, but anyone on here play Tomodachi Life on the 3DS? I know it came out back in 2014, but I started up a new playthrough and have been addicted to creating Miis and watching their antics. I've played many times before with Miis based on family and friends, pro wrestlers, and anime characters, but this time, I'm doing all characters from Star Trek (original series to Enterprise only, I don't watch Nu Trek). For all you trekkies out there, my funniest couples are Tom Paris and Uhura, Janeway and Archer, Dr. Bashir and Keiko, and Sisko and K'Ehleyr (Worf's old flame, Alexander's mother). Oh, and I made Odo and Kira first and they actually got married. The game is self-aware lol

Sorry if that was gibberish to anyone, but I'm just really curious if anyone else here has played it. I'd love a sequel on Switch (or Switch 2), and judging by how active the subreddit for the game still is, I'm not alone. It's a great example of the crazier, more unique stuff Nintendo creates that sets them apart from a lot of other AAA developers. Tomodachi Life could really become as successful as Animal Crossing has if they make a new entry and market it well. It's a perfect casual game you can check in on every day and find something to talk about with others.
My youngest played an insane amount of the game (for a few years) and were always telling us about the relationships that happened in the game.

They're in college now, but I'm sure they would love to play an upgraded version of it as well.

I bought it. I don’t know why endless mode is unavailable. Maybe after you defeat the main story?

It’s worth $4 for nostalgia. It’s not as much fun without the knob controller though.
I picked it up mins before the sale ran off just by luck. Anyways, it was late and I played it about 10 mins and can see I'm going to like it. The knob controller would definitely be a welcomed addition if they could figure out a way to implement one but that will never happen.

bread's done
Back