Nintendo eStore & SD Card

KMunley

CAGiversary!
I finally gave in and purchased a New nintendo 3ds.  I never owned a DS before and am unfamiliar with the eStore in terms of pricing and sales.  I am mostly interested in the older games on the original Nintendo.

1.) I see most if not all games I want such as the mario's, mega man, etc are all $5.  Are these types of games ever on sale?  

2.) I have a Vita and they can only take specific SD Cards. Can this take most and what card would you suggest? 

3.) Can the New Nintendo 3DS play all DS games? (Want to make sure it can play Mario 64 and Mario Hoops 3 on 3 among others)

Thanks ahead of time!

1. Rarely, are those games on sale.

2. The Vita does not use SD cards, Sony uses a proprietary format that is expensive. The New 3DS uses microSDHC cards. 32GB cards are $15 at Microcenter, contrary to the $25 Best Buy wants.

3. Yes, 3DS systems are backwards compatible with most DS games.

1. Rarely, are those games on sale.

2. The Vita does not use SD cards, Sony uses a proprietary format that is expensive. The New 3DS uses microSDHC cards. 32GB cards are $15 at Microcenter, contrary to the $25 Best Buy wants.

3. Yes, 3DS systems are backwards compatible with most DS games.
Thank you for the quick response.

Looking at the SD cards I see there are different types of 32GB sandisk. Do you know if there if it matters which model I get performance wise?

Are you aware of any list of all compatible DS games with the new 3ds xl? I can't seem to find a full list.

Only games that shouldn't work on a 3ds are the games that require special peripherals(sp?). Like the guitar hero games and a few from Japan as well

bread's done
Back