Nintendo First Party Game Price Drop (NSMBWii, Galaxy 2, Resort)

Wazzup4567

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Sept. 6, 2013

Three of the best-selling and best-reviewed Wii games of all time are now available at a new low price. Starting today, Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Wii Sports Resort are available at a suggested retail price of just $29.99 each.

The new price represents one of the many steps Nintendo is taking to provide shoppers with the best value and variety across all its systems through the end of 2013. The games can also be played on the Wii Uhome console, which can play the entire library of Wii games.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is tied with Super Mario Galaxy as one of the best-reviewed games of all time, with a Metacritic score of 97. To date the game has sold more than 2.7 million in the United States alone. New Super Mario Bros. Wii has sold more than 9.4 million in the U.S. and Wii Sports Resort, the follow-up to the game that introduced motion controls to the world of gaming, has U.S. sales of nearly 7 million.

Nintendo Press Release
TL;DR New prices for the games are

:wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2 - $30

:wii: New Super Mario Bros Wii - $30

:wii: Wii Sports Resort - $30

Two other Nintendo games are also at this value price:

:wii: Super Smash Bros Brawl - $30

:wii: Donkey Kong Country Returns - $30

And for good measure, here is a list of the other "Nintendo Selects" (Priced at $20)

:wii: Animal Crossing City Folk

:wii: Mario Power Tennis

:wii: Mario Strikers Charged

:wii: Mario Super Sluggers

:wii: Punch Out!!

:wii: Pikmin 2

:wii: Super Mario Galaxy

:wii: Super Paper Mario

:wii: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

:wii: Wii Sports

Last edited by a moderator:
out of all those listed which ones are worth owning to play?

was thinking about picking up mario galaxy 1 and 2 and zelda twilight princess havent played any of these. i would get smash bros but i may just end up waiting for the new one to come out.

I called or visited these stores looking for Galaxy 2:

Two Walmarts

Two Targets

Two Shopkos

Best Buy

Gamestop

Kmart

Toys R US

No one had new copies, Gamestop did have it used for $34.99. Best buy sells it used for $29.99, and would be $19.99 w/ @Gamer coupon but none in stock near me. I hope they plan on restocking or reprinting this game otherwise this price drop doesn't really help me much.

Anybody seen a price drop in-store yet? I'm at at Walmart and they have one copy of Galaxy 2, wondering how much of a hassle it will be to get it at $30.

I found it extremely boring and had to force myself to finish it. There is waaaay too much text in that game compared to actually playing it.

Edit: this applies to Super Paper Mario only. Each Paper Mario title should be treated as an individual and not clumped together, as there is actually good Paper Mario titles out there. (Just not recently).
I agree. I hated that game. The one on Gamecube was ok, if I remember correctly, but the Wii one was horribad.

Is super paper mario a good buy? Im a big fan of nintendo, but yet to play any paper mario game
it's not like older paper mario's which were much better. it's sorta like a normal 2d mario game but you flip the dimensions sometimes. part puzzle part 2d mario i'd say.

the first 2 paper mario games were turn based RPGs but were very fun, I highly recommend you buy paper mario on the wii store, it was on n64 but because of art style looks good even today.

paper mario thousand year door was a gamecube title and also extremely well done.

well still no price update at Walmart.  I did however go back for Pikmin 2 and to my surpise I already listed and sold it on Amazon for $33!  

I was at Wal-Mart today and saw that they dropped NSMB Wii down to $29.99.  It looks like they're reprinting it with a standard white case instead of the original red case.

For anyone in western Minneapolis, almost every BB that I've visited has had at least two copies of SMG2 in stock.  I haven't checked in a few months though so YMMV.

Sucks that they dropped the used price since now you can't use the $10 off GCU coupon anymore.

I was at Wal-Mart today and saw that they dropped NSMB Wii down to $29.99. It looks like they're reprinting it with a standard white case instead of the original red case.
Ew. The Red case went so well with the cover art. I hope the use price dropped at gamestop so I can get a red case.

Just got back from BB.  They also had the white case NSMB Wii reprint and an original red case for $30.  They also had two SMG2s which were dropped to $30, so the new MSRP is represented in store even though the game isn't listed on bestbuy.com.

Thanks, finally got a copy of SMG2 at Best Buy. I can't believe how hard it is to find this game. The sku is 9847995 in case anyone else is looking.

bread's done
Back